WTF is going on with DeSantis and Florida beaches?

I have friends and associates in Tampa who told me a week ago that Gov Ron "TrumpyBoy" DeSantis had shut down all the beaches. Negatory apparently, which is an IDIOT decision. You've got kids swapping spit (sorry for the visual, but that's what drunken college kids do on spring break) in every sand bar next to retired people in the oldest state in the country. According to the experts, half of those kids will be asymptomatic. It's a recipe for disaster.

Florida will be the next hot spot and it will be TrumpyBoy's fault because he bent to the pressure of tourist revenue.

We're headed for a nationwide shutdown. You can do it right now for a month and likely be done with it, or you can do it a month from now and spend 2-3 more months in shutdown mode with triple the number of cases and deaths with a completely crashed market and retirement savings wiped out. Don't be stupid Florida!

18,595.68 āˆ’578.30 (3.02%)
Mar 23, 11:17 AM EDT

So it is the Governors fault that dumbass liberal kids wont listen to him? Of course he could call out the National Guard like Cuomo did and arrest any stupid punk still on the sandy beaches. Would you "feel" better if he did that?

It doesn't matter how I "feel". It does matter how old people in Florida feel. Yes, shut the beaches down by whatever means, test all those kids and then send them the fuck home.

I dont understand why youre blaming trump for a problem caused but inaction of their governor???

There are many things you don't understand. But yes, Trump should shut the entire country down. Different policies in different states, counties or cities are problematic. Shut down the restaurants in one and dumb people will drive to another restaurant that's open. Consistency is key - Not a bunch of piecemeal crap that nobody takes seriously.

I have friends and associates in Tampa who told me a week ago that Gov Ron "TrumpyBoy" DeSantis had shut down all the beaches. Negatory apparently, which is an IDIOT decision. You've got kids swapping spit (sorry for the visual, but that's what drunken college kids do on spring break) in every sand bar next to retired people in the oldest state in the country. According to the experts, half of those kids will be asymptomatic. It's a recipe for disaster.

Florida will be the next hot spot and it will be TrumpyBoy's fault because he bent to the pressure of tourist revenue.

We're headed for a nationwide shutdown. You can do it right now for a month and likely be done with it, or you can do it a month from now and spend 2-3 more months in shutdown mode with triple the number of cases and deaths with a completely crashed market and retirement savings wiped out. Don't be stupid Florida!

So it is the Governors fault that dumbass liberal kids wont listen to him? Of course he could call out the National Guard like Cuomo did and arrest any stupid punk still on the sandy beaches. Would you "feel" better if he did that?

It doesn't matter how I "feel". It does matter how old people in Florida feel. Yes, shut the beaches down by whatever means, test all those kids and then send them the fuck home.

I dont understand why youre blaming trump for a problem caused but inaction of their governor???

There are many things you don't understand. But yes, Trump should shut the entire country down. Different policies in different states, counties or cities are problematic. Shut down the restaurants in one and dumb people will drive to another restaurant that's open. Consistency is key - Not a bunch of piecemeal crap that nobody takes seriously.

thats why we have governors and not a dictator at the fed level,,,if florida needs special restrictions the governor has more than enough authority to put them in place

I imagine its your TDS that doesnt allow you to understand this simple fact about our country,,,

Its not just FL.....people aren't staying home like their supposed to, anywhere...ā€¦..including Dem states. No surprise there

At least California has a governor who's making the ATTEMPT. Kids don't listen. They never have and probably never will.

Looks like at least the Mayor of Miami has half a brain.

attempt? why didn't his hospitals have enough masks and respirators then?

thats why we have governors and not a dictator at the fed level,,,if florida needs special restrictions the governor has more than enough authority to put them in place

I imagine its your TDS that doesnt allow you to understand this simple fact about our country,,,

they didn't want a dictator king when they wanted one. things you can't explain about a leftist.

Old people in Florida or any other place know better than to hang with college students at bars or public beaches during an epidemic. The real problem is young people gathering at all and the taking Corona Virus back to their home towns across America, but that is not Desantis' fault the kids are to dumb to listen to more conservative adults (like their parents) and it is also the reason, 20-30 year olds are fastest growing demographic on the corona virus infected statistics. As a group, they get the Darwin award. We will miss them, if we survive their bad judgement.

Test them all prior to sending them home. Here's the thing though. Yes, old people know better than to be doing beer bong hits with 20 year olds in sand bars. The problem is that they frequent some of the same public places. Even old people have to make trips to the grocery and convenience stores.

Can't keep nasty young adult kids out of grocery store. Everybody has to eat. Old people (ok, like my old ass) should take advantage of early shopping hours for seniors and use recommended precautions. Went out this morning for minor supply recon. Getting out of car some lady was getting into her car with nothing bought, told me they were only letting in seniors right now so you may not get in. I replied "Jees, I wish and kept walking". Felt funny inside, like some of the older geezers looking up at me as if they were thinking, how'd he get in here. But, I'm glad for the hours, figuring better selection. strange times everywhere.

Maybe old people should stay away from their idiot millennial grandchildren.

they didn't want a dictator king when they wanted one. things you can't explain about a leftist.

Weā€™re seeing the true nature of leftists emerge here. They want a totalitarian dictatorship to crush the economy and rights of all. Fuck them.

Old people in Florida or any other place know better than to hang with college students at bars or public beaches during an epidemic. The real problem is young people gathering at all and the taking Corona Virus back to their home towns across America, but that is not Desantis' fault the kids are to dumb to listen to more conservative adults (like their parents) and it is also the reason, 20-30 year olds are fastest growing demographic on the corona virus infected statistics. As a group, they get the Darwin award. We will miss them, if we survive their bad judgement.

Test them all prior to sending them home. Here's the thing though. Yes, old people know better than to be doing beer bong hits with 20 year olds in sand bars. The problem is that they frequent some of the same public places. Even old people have to make trips to the grocery and convenience stores.

Can't keep nasty young adult kids out of grocery store. Everybody has to eat. Old people (ok, like my old ass) should take advantage of early shopping hours for seniors and use recommended precautions. Went out this morning for minor supply recon. Getting out of car some lady was getting into her car with nothing bought, told me they were only letting in seniors right now so you may not get in. I replied "Jees, I wish and kept walking". Felt funny inside, like some of the older geezers looking up at me as if they were thinking, how'd he get in here. But, I'm glad for the hours, figuring better selection. strange times everywhere.

Safeway has 55+ shopping hours here on the Central OR Coast on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7-9. While I qualify, doubt if I'll utilize. Not interested in getting caught behind bluehairs moving at a snails pace, blocking aisles with their carts and meticulously writing checks or counting change at checkout counters.

I'll go at 6 AM when they open. ;)

Weā€™re seeing the true nature of leftists emerge here. They want a totalitarian dictatorship to crush the economy and rights of all. Fuck them.

That appears to be what Trumptards want too. Fuck THEM.

main-qimg-3f3ffc99a1bbe5fa63d4ee4f72f36755

That appears to be what Trumptards want too. Fuck THEM.

main-qimg-3f3ffc99a1bbe5fa63d4ee4f72f36755

not at all. I want them out of my neighborhood, bars and restaurants. You want them there. let's be clear. you believe the hoax.

Republicans are incapable of sound, responsible governance.

I'm having trouble knowing what they want,,
they spent the last 3 yrs calling him a dictator and now they want him to be one,,,WTF,,,

So it's O.K. to shut down religious services and restaurants but we should let a bunch of sex starved spoiled alcoholic college kids spread the virus around Florida beaches?

So it's O.K. to shut down religious services and restaurants but we should let a bunch of sex starved spoiled alcoholic college kids spread the virus around Florida beaches?
I really don't care. it's obvious they aren't sick. you can't see that? people who are sick are inside and some are in hospitals I guess. Still haven't heard the count in hospitals of beds full with the virus. Anyone?

BTW, the hospital by me has zero patients with the virus.

Yes, he could shit down the beaches. That is within his power. National Guard not needed. I hear they have police in Florida.

He is making the right decision....much of the economy in Florida is geared around its beaches.....it should be business as usual, stop giving this virus so much power......its basically the flu.....and it will pass in the next few weeks....some may die but that is negligible compared to the damage it is doing to the economy...

He is making the right decision....much of the economy in Florida is geared around its beaches.....it should be business as usual, stop giving this virus so much power......its basically the flu.....and it will pass in the next few weeks....some may die but that is negligible compared to the damage it is doing to the economy...

the left prefer that everyone be unemployed, ask them

If everyone is unemployed -- who pays taxes??

Or was you just speaking hyperbole because you can't add anything useful to the convo?

If everyone is unemployed -- who pays taxes??

Or was you just speaking hyperbole because you can't add anything useful to the convo?

right? been asking you all where the money comes from. why don't you tell us?

The beaches are closed here where I live. The dumbfuck kids you democrats raised are too fucking stupid to follow the rules. No beaches, no bars, restaurants are take out only. Oh yeah. Itā€™s the same state DeSantis governs. The guy you assholes tried to make Governor was arrested in a hotel out of his mind on meth.

Forum List

Back