WWII Memorial Veterans Protest Ignored

Camp

Gold Member
Jul 25, 2013
There was a vet protest at the WWII Memorial. This one was not taken over by politicians and the TP. All vets and vet speakers from actual vet groups. I know it occured because some buddies went to it and brought back pic's and video. Can't find any media that covered it. What's up with that? Does anyone know anything about this protest?

There was a vet protest at the WWII Memorial. This one was not taken over by politicians and the TP. All vets and vet speakers from actual vet groups. I know it occured because some buddies went to it and brought back pic's a video. Can't find any media that covered it. What's up with that? Does anyone know anything about this protest?

Are you mental?

There was a vet protest at the WWII Memorial. This one was not taken over by politicians and the TP. All vets and vet speakers from actual vet groups. I know it occured because some buddies went to it and brought back pic's a video. Can't find any media that covered it. What's up with that? Does anyone know anything about this protest?

Are you mental?

The protest was conducted by TMC (The Military Coalition). TMC is an umbrella organization that includes over 30 well recognized vet groups.

It happened this morning, and it's being covered by numerous sources.

Google is your friend.

I'm not seeing multiple sources reporting todays event. Only one by USA TODAY buried in the storys about the TP event with Palin and Cruz. I saw a vid of some negative comments being made about politicians hijacking the protest that occured on Sunday. It's a private video taken by some Purple Heart friends who had gotten a phone call with a request to attend. I'm shocked that more of the protest is not being covered.

Are you mental?

No Frank, I don't have ESP. The protest actually occured. I figured maybe some folks would like to hear what elected officials and spokespersons from actual vererans organizations had to say. Doesn't seem to be alot of interest in the media or here. Palin, Cruz, Lee and the TP sucked up all the attention. Now that that circus is over not to many want to hear what vets have to say.

Are you mental?

No Frank, I don't have ESP. The protest actually occured. I figured maybe some folks would like to hear what elected officials and spokespersons from actual vererans organizations had to say. Doesn't seem to be alot of interest in the media or here. Palin, Cruz, Lee and the TP sucked up all the attention. Now that that circus is over not to many want to hear what vets have to say.

Yeah "Actual veterans" unlike all the people who were there Sunday

Are you mental?

Yes Frank, there were actual veterans that participated in the protest on Sunday. They were there as individuals that supported a specific political agenda, or there because of the specific cause of keeping the Memorials open.
Veteran groups represent blocks of specific veterans. They are selected, often voted, as official spokespeople for the organizations that represent millions of veterans. Do you not see or understand the difference between an individual vet and one that represents the VFW, Legion, Wounded Warriors and other recognized chartered non-profit organizations?
Exactly what branchs of service did Sarah Palin, Ted Cruz and Lee serve with. They stormed the veterans, not the Memorial. They played the veterans and politicized the efforts of the veterans. They stole the spotlight and in so doing silenced what the vets wanted to say and replaced the vets message with their own.

Here are some of the folks who got heard today
GOLD STAR WIVES
WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT
AMVETS
AMERICAN LEGION
VFW
JEWISH WAR VETERANS
VIETNAM VETS OF AMERICA
MARINE CORPS LEAGUE
IRAG and AFGHANISTAN VETERANS OF AMERICA
MILITARY CHAPLINS ASSOC.
MILITARY ORDER OF THE PURPLE HEART
NAVEL ENLISTED RESERVE ASSOC.
NATIONAL MILTARY FAMILY ASSOC.
ARMY AVIATION ASSOC. OF AMERICA
NCO ASSOC.
AIR FORCE SERGEANTS ASSOC.
US ARMY WARRENT OFFICERS ASSOC.

These are some, not all, of the groups that were not heard at the Sunday Palin, Cruz, Lee, TP publicity stunt at the WWII Memorial. They returned today to straighten things out and have their voices heard. They had a very different message.

Last edited:

Yes Frank, there were actual veterans that participated in the protest on Sunday. They were there as individuals that supported a specific political agenda, or there because of the specific cause of keeping the Memorials open.
Veteran groups represent blocks of specific veterans. They are selected, often voted, as official spokespeople for the organizations that represent millions of veterans. Do you not see or understand the difference between an individual vet and one that represents the VFW, Legion, Wounded Warriors and other recognized chartered non-profit organizations?
Exactly what branchs of service did Sarah Palin, Ted Cruz and Lee serve with. They stormed the veterans, not the Memorial. They played the veterans and politicized the efforts of the veterans. They stole the spotlight and in so doing silenced what the vets wanted to say and replaced the vets message with their own.

Here are some of the folks who got heard today
GOLD STAR WIVES
WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT
AMVETS
AMERICAN LEGION
VFW
JEWISH WAR VETERANS
VIETNAM VETS OF AMERICA
MARINE CORPS LEAGUE
IRAG and AFGHANISTAN VETERANS OF AMERICA
MILITARY CHAPLINS ASSOC.
MILITARY ORDER OF THE PURPLE HEART
NAVEL ENLISTED RESERVE ASSOC.
NATIONAL MILTARY FAMILY ASSOC.
ARMY AVIATION ASSOC. OF AMERICA
NCO ASSOC.
AIR FORCE SERGEANTS ASSOC.
US ARMY WARRENT OFFICERS ASSOC.

These are some, not all, of the groups that were not heard at the Sunday Palin, Cruz, Lee, TP publicity stunt at the WWII Memorial. They returned today to straighten things out and have their voices heard. They had a very different message.

Does anyone have a list of vets that spoke on Sunday?

Forum List

Back