Wyoming welder faces $75,000 a day in EPA fines for building pond on his property

All Andy Johnson wanted to do was build a stock pond on his sprawling eight-acre Wyoming farm. He and his wife Katie spent hours constructing it, filling it with crystal-clear water, and bringing in brook and brown trout, ducks and geese. It was a place where his horses could drink and graze, and a private playground for his three children

But instead of enjoying the fruits of his labor, the Wyoming welder says he was harangued by the federal government, stuck in what he calls a petty power play by the Environmental Protection AgencyHe claims the agency is now threatening him with civil and criminal penalties – including the threat of a $75,000-a-day fine.

Wyoming welder faces $75,000 a day in EPA fines for building pond on his property | Fox News

Fuck the EPA, Fuck the Gov.

First plank of the Communist Manifesto written by Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels:

1. Abolition of private property and the application of all rent to public purpose.

The courts have interpreted the 14th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution (1868) to give the government far more "eminent domain" power than was originally intended. Under the rubric of "eminent domain" and various zoning regulations, land use regulations by the Bureau of Land Management property taxes, and "environmental" excuses, private property rights have become very diluted. As a result, private property in lands, vehicles, and other forms are seized almost every day in this country under the "forfeiture" provisions of the RICO statutes and the so-called War on Drugs. Private owners of property are required to get permission from government relative to the use of their property.
10 Planks of Communism

If anyone doesn't believe that Communism hasn't crept into our government institutions like a malignant cancer you need to read the Communist Manifesto in its entirety. Don't be fooled!
Right! I got it! The sky is falling. The sky is falling!!! If Senator McCarthy were still alive he would probably give you a high five!!!!

People sue the government all the time (often times winning). If he doesn't want to fight for his pond...so be it.

Honestly? The man shouldn't have to "fight for HIS pond." It's his property and it's his pond. The EPA needs to look for serious problems and stop harassing hard working, honest, taxpaying, American citizens.

Environmental laws seem to say he's violating them. This is why we have courts.

It is a matter of law. That is all that it is.

He should take the government to court.

Right, a guy that makes less than a 100K against a 4 trillion dollar government:eek:. That should work. :cuckoo:

People sue the government all the time (often times winning). If he doesn't want to fight for his pond...so be it.

The ones that prevail against the government are usually conspiring with the agency they are suing. Google sue and settle with the EPA, it's a method the commies are using to get court sanctioned revision of regulation without a change in law, and no one is going to jail.

This guy says he's going to fight, I hope they start a defense fund, I would be happy to donate a couple of hundred dollars to it.

Honestly? The man shouldn't have to "fight for HIS pond." It's his property and it's his pond. The EPA needs to look for serious problems and stop harassing hard working, honest, taxpaying, American citizens.

He applied and went through all the legal hoops, now the EPA is adding more. That is wrong.

Right, a guy that makes less than a 100K against a 4 trillion dollar government:eek:. That should work. :cuckoo:

The ones that prevail against the government are usually conspiring with the agency they are suing. Google sue and settle with the EPA, it's a method the commies are using to get court sanctioned revision of regulation without a change in law, and no one is going to jail.

This guy says he's going to fight, I hope they start a defense fund, I would be happy to donate a couple of hundred dollars to it.

Feel free. I hope he wins too. As I said--if he's not affecting anyone downstream...there is no harm as to what happens to the water on his land.

He applied and went through all the legal hoops, now the EPA is adding more. That is wrong.

If the Feds think the state mis-issued the permit, it has the right and/or responsibility to step in. Like the CDC can over-rule a State department of health.

Obviously the rw kooks are the ones against law and order.

yes......Obviously.....You have no clue as to your level of stupidity.
The lib playbook....When out of rebuttals, go on the attack with false accusations.
That shit doesn't fly here.
Get this through your thick skull. This has nothing to do with the rule of law.
This is a shit storm perpetrated by a federal bureaucrat with an inflated opinion of himself.
This family is being singled out in direct violation to their rights under the equal protection clause.
The EPA is going to get stomped upon by Wyoming elected officials in DC.

Are you trying to be stupid?
Sovereign immunity | Wex Legal Dictionary / Encyclopedia | LII / Legal Information Institute.
This is not a matter of law. Because if thew EPA did in fact make it matter of law they'd be cooking their own goose. The simple fact is all the family had to do is prove that the law is not being enforced equally, which would be very easy.
The EPA no doubt would not want to go down that road.
No. This is not going to court. This will be resolved by the US House member( who has already gotten involved, as has one of the WY Senators) in due time.
I am wondering why you libs are so eager to see this family's rights trampled by federal bureaucrats.
And please, don't tell me you are interested only in the laws. Let's not have a contest of insulting intelligence.

You can't just Dam up a water way and expect other property owners not to complain and take action.

But that is not what happened here. Plus, this is a non navigable waterway.
It's a creek. And the flow of the creek has not been stopped. The same volume of water flows out of the pond as flows into the pond.
Look, let's cut out the bullshit.
This case is about a bureaucrat's ego. That's all.
Some yokel who happens to have the ear of some prick in the EPA with which he is acquainted got pissy over this guy's pond. And why? Because he doesn't like him very much.
Rule of law ....My ass.
It is my hope that this government bureaucrat tries to go toe to toe with the Wyoming House member who's gotten involved on behalf of this family and the result is this fucking useless bureaucrat finds himself looking for work in the private sector.

yes......Obviously.....You have no clue as to your level of stupidity.
The lib playbook....When out of rebuttals, go on the attack with false accusations.
That shit doesn't fly here.
Get this through your thick skull. This has nothing to do with the rule of law.
This is a shit storm perpetrated by a federal bureaucrat with an inflated opinion of himself.
This family is being singled out in direct violation to their rights under the equal protection clause.
The EPA is going to get stomped upon by Wyoming elected officials in DC.

Are you trying to be stupid?
Sovereign immunity | Wex Legal Dictionary / Encyclopedia | LII / Legal Information Institute.
This is not a matter of law. Because if thew EPA did in fact make it matter of law they'd be cooking their own goose. The simple fact is all the family had to do is prove that the law is not being enforced equally, which would be very easy.
The EPA no doubt would not want to go down that road.
No. This is not going to court. This will be resolved by the US House member( who has already gotten involved, as has one of the WY Senators) in due time.
I am wondering why you libs are so eager to see this family's rights trampled by federal bureaucrats.
And please, don't tell me you are interested only in the laws. Let's not have a contest of insulting intelligence.

You would have to have some first for me to insult it...

If laws are being violated; they should be sanctioned through fines or imprisonment. If not, the fines levied should be removed.

Again, this is why we have courts. Trying to use political muscle is (or at least shouldn't be) the remedy reached for first. Again, the right wing loons such as you seem to be the ones who are hesitant to let the system work.

You can't just Dam up a water way and expect other property owners not to complain and take action.

But that is not what happened here. Plus, this is a non navigable waterway.
It's a creek. And the flow of the creek has not been stopped. The same volume of water flows out of the pond as flows into the pond.
Look, let's cut out the bullshit.
This case is about a bureaucrat's ego. That's all.
Some yokel who happens to have the ear of some prick in the EPA with which he is acquainted got pissy over this guy's pond. And why? Because he doesn't like him very much.
Rule of law ....My ass.
It is my hope that this government bureaucrat tries to go toe to toe with the Wyoming House member who's gotten involved on behalf of this family and the result is this fucking useless bureaucrat finds himself looking for work in the private sector.

Source?

All Andy Johnson wanted to do was build a stock pond on his sprawling eight-acre Wyoming farm. He and his wife Katie spent hours constructing it, filling it with crystal-clear water, and bringing in brook and brown trout, ducks and geese. It was a place where his horses could drink and graze, and a private playground for his three children

But instead of enjoying the fruits of his labor, the Wyoming welder says he was harangued by the federal government, stuck in what he calls a petty power play by the Environmental Protection AgencyHe claims the agency is now threatening him with civil and criminal penalties – including the threat of a $75,000-a-day fine.

Wyoming welder faces $75,000 a day in EPA fines for building pond on his property | Fox News

I couldn't find where in Wyoming this was? And did a neighbor complain due to the damming? If not the EPA should leave it alone.

I will say this 8 acres isn't sprawling in Wyoming. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using the tears of Raider's fans.

I couldn't find where in Wyoming this was? And did a neighbor complain due to the damming? If not the EPA should leave it alone.

It wouldn't have to be a neighbor...if the tributary is 50 miles long, anyone downstream would notice the decreased flow, any pollution, if the water was re-directed through an infected landmass (salt flat or whatever)...

Oh, Fox News. LOL :bs1:

So Fox News is making a story based on the claims of a person....No surprise there, perfectly normal for Fox "News".

I see that when you said that your political philosophy is anti party you actually meant pro government control.

I see that you think you can't hold a Right Wing perspective and know that Fox News is FOS 99.9% of the time.

Again I'll ask about this claim. It's one man stating it, not NEWS at all. News is what happens when there is proof. Just last month people repeated that a white guy was shot by a black man and it turned out the white guy shot himself just to blame it on a black person. California man admits blaming black man after intentionally shooting himself | The Raw Story

A national news source repeating the word of one man with no proof is what gets me. Provide the proof and I'll get involved. :link::link:

I WANT to be proved wrong so I can become smarter. Until then, I'm just as smart as I can be ......

Word of mouth media doesn't make America any smarter..Fox News isn't news, it's politically bias actors doing what they can to make money.

Last edited:

It wouldn't have to be a neighbor...if the tributary is 50 miles long, anyone downstream would notice the decreased flow, any pollution, if the water was re-directed through an infected landmass (salt flat or whatever)...

Good point.
He shouldn't be effecting someone else's water supply. Which is why I wonder where in Wyoming.
In some areas due to dryness it could be a big deal. My brother is a volunteer fire fighter outside of Gillette which is where the ranch is he manages. It was pretty dry the following year. His creek was bone dry.

Good point.
He shouldn't be effecting someone else's water supply. Which is why I wonder where in Wyoming.
In some areas due to dryness it could be a big deal. My brother is a volunteer fire fighter outside of Gillette which is where the ranch is he manages. It was pretty dry the following year. His creek was bone dry.

Water is a big deal through out the west. Western Washington State is largely desert.

wa.gif

What makes this guy think that the water in a creek that has egress on his property is HIS water?

Water rights and any issues involving water can be very complex. Without knowing the full details of this case, it's difficult to know if this man actually has violated any provisions concerning the free flow of water through his property. The EPA says he built a dam which he cannot do. However, there is good question as to whether this is a dam or not, and I'm thinking it is not.

As for the EPA, like many government agencies, this could well be a situation of one person having a bug up their ass causing all the trouble for this man. All too often, government agencies are fraught with big egos and little oversight. This may be one of those cases.

Environmental laws don't talk, if they did they would tell you that you are an idiot because a) The Clean Water Act applies only to navigable waters and b) Stock ponds are specifically exempted from EPA regulation.

But, please, keep showing that your only real concern is government fucking people over.

Forum List

Back