Wyoming welder faces $75,000 a day in EPA fines for building pond on his property

What makes this guy think that the water in a creek that has egress on his property is HIS water?

Whose water is it? Surely, it doesn't belong to the EPA or the Corps of Engineers. Has any downstream landowner with a superior water right protested his pond?

BTW, just because someone else has rights to the water, the landowner has the right to prevent erosion of his land, and that sometimes requires dams to stop the erosion.

How did the EPA find out?

Sent from my iPhone using the tears of Raider's fans.

I would imagine when he built the dam it pissed off the property owners downstream and they wanted the laws enforced to protect their property rights.

Environmental laws seem to say he's violating them. This is why we have courts.

Environmental laws don't say anything. Bureaucrats do, and when it comes to the EPA, they make it up as they go. They are a bunch of environmental control freaks running wild with the conviction of their religion.

The last time I was in the Colorado Rockies, I surveyed a whole series of beaver dams, and not a single one of them had a permit from any government agency. Nor, have I heard any complaints that they were polluting the watershed.

fuck you are stupid

I don't know fuck you, nor whether or not he/she is stupid, but I suspect he/she is smarter than you, and one hell of a lot more coherent in the ability to express his/her thoughts..

Right! I got it! The sky is falling. The sky is falling!!! If Senator McCarthy were still alive he would probably give you a high five!!!!

The sky may not be falling but our nation is certainly swirling down the progressive toilet. McCarthy, by the way, was able to see what most dunderheads could not (and cannot) see. At least he made a valiant effort to thwart the rising tide of Marxism before it totally engulfed our shores. Hindsight is 20/20. Looking back ... it's plain to see that McCarthy was right.

From the article in the OP:

The government says he violated the Clean Water Act by building a dam on a creek without a permit from the Army Corps of Engineers. Further, the EPA claims that material from his pond is being discharged into other waterways. Johnson says he built a stock pond -- a man-made pond meant to attract wildlife -- which is exempt from Clean Water Act regulations.

Water is a big issue everywhere. And power struggles abound. I have a neighbor who is into it with the TVA as we speak. He will be dead and buried before his issue is ever resolved.

People sue the government all the time (often times winning). If he doesn't want to fight for his pond...so be it.

Honestly? The man shouldn't have to "fight for HIS pond." It's his property and it's his pond. The EPA needs to look for serious problems and stop harassing hard working, honest, taxpaying, American citizens.

Environmental laws seem to say he's violating them. This is why we have courts.

When the government writes laws allowing itself to take property on a whim then the courts have no choice but to uphold the law. Therefore, the victims (property owners) are destined to lose in court. The laws need to be changed to protect the home/land owners. The Constitution is supposed to provide that protection.

Oh, Fox News. LOL :bs1:

So Fox News is making a story based on the claims of a person....No surprise there, perfectly normal for Fox "News".

I see that when you said that your political philosophy is anti party you actually meant pro government control.

I see that you think you can't hold a Right Wing perspective and know that Fox News is FOS 99.9% of the time.

Again I'll ask about this claim. It's one man stating it, not NEWS at all. News is what happens when there is proof. Just last month people repeated that a white guy was shot by a black man and it turned out the white guy shot himself just to blame it on a black person. California man admits blaming black man after intentionally shooting himself | The Raw Story

A national news source repeating the word of one man with no proof is what gets me. Provide the proof and I'll get involved. :link::link:

I WANT to be proved wrong so I can become smarter. Until then, I'm just as smart as I can be ......

Word of mouth media doesn't make America any smarter..Fox News isn't news, it's politically bias actors doing what they can to make money.

if FoxNews is not news, would you please direct me towards an honest news reporting service. thank you :up:

i have asked this question politely many times of many, many liberals, yet not a fucking one of them has the fucking guts and bravery to answer this simple question..., WHERE THE FUCK CAN I GET HONEST NEWS REPORTING IF FOXNEWS IS FAUX ? (p.s., for those of you in Rio Linda, Faux is a French word for "false")

It wouldn't have to be a neighbor...if the tributary is 50 miles long, anyone downstream would notice the decreased flow, any pollution, if the water was re-directed through an infected landmass (salt flat or whatever)...

Good point.
He shouldn't be effecting someone else's water supply. Which is why I wonder where in Wyoming.
In some areas due to dryness it could be a big deal. My brother is a volunteer fire fighter outside of Gillette which is where the ranch is he manages. It was pretty dry the following year. His creek was bone dry.

Water is a big deal through out the west. Western Washington State is largely desert.

wa.gif

we are discussing Wyoming, not Washington..., besides,
"Water is a big deal through out the west. Western Washington State is largely desert."

according to your map there ding bat, it is EASTERN Washington that is 30" of rain a year, hardly a fucking desert, Western Washington is a fucking rain forest. :up:

Funny how when someone posts about someone attacking someone you don't like you remember that there is a presumption of innocence, but you conveniently assume that anyone who supposedly breaks a law covered by the EPA he is automatically guilty and has to prove he is innocent.

Was curious about the source; didn't see it listed anywhere previously in the thread:::::::::

I'm not attacking the guy. I do find it hard to believe that the EPA jus decided to slam some guy who apparently has no political history or history of activism in the middle of Wyoming. But be that as it may....

If the dam is on his land, the pond is on his land, and the outflow back to the stream is on his land and nobody down stream is suffering any injury due to this...I don't see a problem with what he is doing

you are becoming a great back pedaler..., back pedal..., back pedal..., back pedal..., back pedal. :up: ... :lmao:

Probably a registered Republican. So look for the Dear Leader to send his IRS Gestapo in next. This man isn't an Obama Bootlicker. Therefore he's being persecuted. This is how the Dear Leader treats his fellow Americans. Give this man his pond, and then Impeach Obama. Now that would be justice.

Last edited:
Whose water is it? Surely, it doesn't belong to the EPA or the Corps of Engineers. Has any downstream landowner with a superior water right protested his pond?

BTW, just because someone else has rights to the water, the landowner has the right to prevent erosion of his land, and that sometimes requires dams to stop the erosion.

I would imagine when he built the dam it pissed off the property owners downstream and they wanted the laws enforced to protect their property rights.

So who gets down stream water rights? If the people down stream think they own it, and the next person below them thinks they own it this could really go down stream to Mexico owning it.

So who has the rights?

Funny how when someone posts about someone attacking someone you don't like you remember that there is a presumption of innocence, but you conveniently assume that anyone who supposedly breaks a law covered by the EPA he is automatically guilty and has to prove he is innocent.

Was curious about the source; didn't see it listed anywhere previously in the thread:::::::::

I'm not attacking the guy. I do find it hard to believe that the EPA jus decided to slam some guy who apparently has no political history or history of activism in the middle of Wyoming. But be that as it may....

If the dam is on his land, the pond is on his land, and the outflow back to the stream is on his land and nobody down stream is suffering any injury due to this...I don't see a problem with what he is doing

you are becoming a great back pedaler..., back pedal..., back pedal..., back pedal..., back pedal. :up: ... :lmao:

Fuck you. Said the same thing 3 pages ago shit brains.

So who gets down stream water rights? If the people down stream think they own it, and the next person below them thinks they own it this could really go down stream to Mexico owning it.

So who has the rights?

I would say they all have a right to the free flow of water and reasonable use of that water. Putting up a dam is unreasonable (IMO) but that is why we have laws.

If this man was a loyal Obama Bootlicker, he'd have his pond. But it's obvious he's not. So Obama's goons will continue to intimidate him. I truly feel for the guy. He better watch himself, how long before Obama's IRS Gestapo gets called in?

It wouldn't have to be a neighbor...if the tributary is 50 miles long, anyone downstream would notice the decreased flow, any pollution, if the water was re-directed through an infected landmass (salt flat or whatever)...

Good point.

He shouldn't be effecting someone else's water supply. Which is why I wonder where in Wyoming.

In some areas due to dryness it could be a big deal. My brother is a volunteer fire fighter outside of Gillette which is where the ranch is he manages. It was pretty dry the following year. His creek was bone dry.

Water is a big deal through out the west. Western Washington State is largely desert.

wa.gif

You mean central Washington. Western is like a rainforest.

What makes this guy think that the water in a creek that has egress on his property is HIS water?

Of course no one has protested. He hadn't diverted it yet.

Good point.

wa.gif

we are discussing Wyoming, not Washington..., besides,

"Water is a big deal through out the west. Western Washington State is largely desert."

according to your map there ding bat, it is EASTERN Washington that is 30" of rain a year, hardly a fucking desert, Western Washington is a fucking rain forest. :up:

Thank you! Plus we just got yearly rain fall quota here in Eastern Washington in the last month. Lol

Good point.

wa.gif

You mean central Washington. Western is like a rainforest.

My bad

If this guy was a big Dear Leader/Democrat contributor, this wouldn't even be an issue. He'd have his pond and that would be that. But he's not, so Obama's Gestapo goons will continue to harass him. It's despicable. It's the 'Chicago Way.'

Forum List

Back