Y'all think Obama is talking down to blacks?

“It gets folks discouraged. I know. I listen to some of y’all,”-- Barack "Homie" Obama

Seriously? How folksy! He's as fucking ignorant as any of the other inner city public school educated Chillun.

Dats da troof!

What do the rest of y'all think? Is he talking down to his largely black and unemployed audience?

What in the fuck are you talking about?

Idiot.

glen-rice-wife-cristina-fernandez-rice3.jpg

Speaking of someone acting like someone they are not, this is the king "And the funniest" of them all.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wITchV88Gjk]Dave Chappelle - Black White Supremacist - YouTube[/ame]

I don't believe that I used the term 'racist.'

Consider the same situation speaking to Hispanics...

Consider the same situation speaking to Asians...

Consider how the Left has taught the electorate to seek 'offenses' the way
pigs seek truffles.

Couldn't be a better example of same than post #24 above...

Read post #4.

The "Left" taught blacks to use different dialects when speaking amongst ourselves and when we talk to whites? Whites really have no clue about black Americans, do you? This came up in 2008 and it's stuff like this that brings any wavering minority support right back to Obama. It just shows that the conservative/republican/tea party crowd is really clueless about minority communities.

1. You are correct...I should have said that I didn't apply the term 'racist' to any of the individuals in the thread. Rep on the way.
I avoid the term as some sort of indictment...
...it is all in the mind of the listener.

2. 'The "Left" taught blacks to use different dialects when speaking amongst ourselves and when we talk to whites?'
Although I read "Losing the Race" some time ago, I believe McWorter makes the point that being authenically black is often ascertained by knowledge of 'black lingo..'...

"According to McWhorter, nearly forty years after the Civil Rights Act, African-Americans in this country still remain “a race apart.” He feels that modern black Americans have internalized a tacit message: “authentically black” people stress initiative in private but cloak the race in victimhood in public in order to protect black people from an ever-looming white backlash. McWhorter terms this phenomenon the “New Double Consciousness” in homage to W. E. B. Dubois’s description of a different kind of double consciousness in blacks a century ago. It is within this context that McWhorter takes us on a guided tour through the race issues dominating our current discourse . . ."
Manhattan Institute | Books by John H. McWhorter

Have you read "Losing the Race" or this weeks article by McWhorter?

It's Time We Had an Angry Black President
We're way past echoes of MLK. Obama should stick to his new tough line with the GOP.

Angry Black Man: Obama Is One Now

I love the down with the struggle blacks on line on a computer here and now.

So much for a fucking hut and starving to death because you live in agrarian society. Oh fuck off.

Go out. Get off your keyboards lamo and raise some money for poverty in Kenya. You make me want to puke because belieive it or not, I do raise money for Afghan women,

You American whining blacks make me want to bazooka barf. Please note: only the whining ones.

“It gets folks discouraged. I know. I listen to some of y’all,”-- Barack "Homie" Obama

Seriously? How folksy! He's as fucking ignorant as any of the other inner city public school educated Chillun.

Dats da troof!

What do the rest of y'all think? Is he talking down to his largely black and unemployed audience?

Really?

I think anyone can use the word y'all without looking uneducated. Obama meant nothing by it; it's just colloquial American speech. There's no need to be excessively formal in political speeches.

If that is true why is MSNBC analyst Chris Hayes accusing the AP of being racist for accurately reporting the content of Obama's speech?

The Associated Press (AP) covered President Obama’s speech to the Congressional Black Caucus on Saturday night, printing a transcript of what the president said. However, an MSNBC analyst now claims that the manner in which the AP covered the speech was racist.
The AP did not print the words as written for the president, instead choosing to transcribe the speech with what might be considered a bit more accuracy. For example, the teleprompter read, “Stop complaining.“ But the president said ”Stop complainin’.” And that is how the AP reported it.
The issue was discussed on the new Chris Hayes program on MSNBC this morning. Standing on opposite sides of the topic were Karen Hunter, Journalism Professor/MSNBC Analyst, and John McWhorter, Contributing Editor at New Republic/Columbia University lecturer.

MSNBC Guest Karen Hunter: Associated Press Is Racist for ‘Dropping the Gs’ in Obama Speech Quotes | Video | TheBlaze.com

Video at the link

OF course she doesnt know. You see, she thought it was a gotcha thing and it turns out it makes her look like an idiot.

Here is the proof that one can only judge others by oneself.

This is why I think others are knowledgeable, and you assume I didn't know.

BTW...I never lie. I knew.
Can you say the same?

You lie. You lied regarding post #4.

Actually, no. I accused no one of being a racist.

Post #4: Luckily, Leftists can never be racist!

and, from post #47:
You are correct...I should have said that I didn't apply the term 'racist' to any of the individuals in the thread. Rep on the way.

My correction was to aid you in understanding of the way the term was used. Certainly not calling anyone a 'racist.'

But, I understand both how happy it makes the Left to throw the word 'lie' around, and how difficult it is for one of your intelligence to understand a more nuanced reference...
so....don't worry, be happy.

And notice,...in acceptance of your criticism, and understanding your limitations, I gave you a rep out of pity.
And, not even a 'thank you.'
Typical.

Perhaps you should go back to playing with those on your level....the bacterium that causes enteritis.

Read post #4.

The "Left" taught blacks to use different dialects when speaking amongst ourselves and when we talk to whites? Whites really have no clue about black Americans, do you? This came up in 2008 and it's stuff like this that brings any wavering minority support right back to Obama. It just shows that the conservative/republican/tea party crowd is really clueless about minority communities.

1. You are correct...I should have said that I didn't apply the term 'racist' to any of the individuals in the thread. Rep on the way.

2. 'The "Left" taught blacks to use different dialects when speaking amongst ourselves and when we talk to whites?'
Although I read "Losing the Race" some time ago, I believe McWorter makes the point that being authenically black is often ascertained by knowledge of 'black lingo..'...

"According to McWhorter, nearly forty years after the Civil Rights Act, African-Americans in this country still remain “a race apart.” He feels that modern black Americans have internalized a tacit message: “authentically black” people stress initiative in private but cloak the race in victimhood in public in order to protect black people from an ever-looming white backlash. McWhorter terms this phenomenon the “New Double Consciousness” in homage to W. E. B. Dubois’s description of a different kind of double consciousness in blacks a century ago. It is within this context that McWhorter takes us on a guided tour through the race issues dominating our current discourse . . ."

We're way past echoes of MLK. Obama should stick to his new tough line with the GOP.

Talk about a silver spoon in ones' mouth. Cripes. He was raised in Jakarta by an oil man. Did you know that?

Obama was never a street child. His step dad was from Mobil Oil I beleive.

What the hell does Obama ever have to be angry about? What a fucking joke.

So much for a fucking hut and starving to death because you live in agrarian society. Oh fuck off.

Go out. Get off your keyboards lamo and raise some money for poverty in Kenya. You make me want to puke because belieive it or not, I do raise money for Afghan women,

You American whining blacks make me want to bazooka barf. Please note: only the whining ones.

I raise money for my family. Africans can raise money for themselves and Afghan women can sell some poppies.

Read post #4.

Get back to me after you watch Mississippi Masala.

Only woman in the room is really from Africa and they all diss her. Only African.

Get a grip on what you are. You are Americans. Pity you punks still think you are still on a slave ship out of Boston.

The difference between you and me is that I use my experiences of living as a black American to shape my posts and you use a fictional movie to shape yours. Typical.

too funny

jump up :lol:

You're pulling a Ward Churchill here. Except in the black world rather than a wanna be native.

I've got you.

Talk about a silver spoon in ones' mouth. Cripes. He was raised in Jakarta by an oil man. Did you know that?

Obama was never a street child. His step dad was from Mobil Oil I beleive.

What the hell does Obama ever have to be angry about? What a fucking joke.

Why are so angry?

Only woman in the room is really from Africa and they all diss her. Only African.

Get a grip on what you are. You are Americans. Pity you punks still think you are still on a slave ship out of Boston.

The difference between you and me is that I use my experiences of living as a black American to shape my posts and you use a fictional movie to shape yours. Typical.

too funny

You're pulling a Ward Churchill here. Except in the black world rather than a wanna be native.

I've got you.

Do you think I'm black?

Read post #4.

How many times have you read "Soul On Ice"?

too funny

I've got you.

Do you think I'm black?

Are you part of this organization? Black Radical Congress?

Black Organisations

I raise money for my family. Africans can raise money for themselves and Afghan women can sell some poppies.

Oh you are horrid and oh so typical. You are faking being black.

It's so sick. I have seen this time and time again with wanna be muslims. Man oh man, I think we need a whole section devoted to wanna be downtrodden.

Yikes.

Wow.

rotflmbo

thanks.

all of a sudden the theme from In the Heat of the Night started playing in my head.

thank you again.

why do people try to be something they are not? Not pulling a dr. phil here but why do people do this?

I know when and it will continue attempt to deal with real issues out here between Metis and tribes and federal and provincial, man oh man all these stupid idiots get in the way pretending to be what they are not and completely messing up the process. Idiots.

Oh you are horrid and oh so typical. You are faking being black.

It's so sick. I have seen this time and time again with wanna be muslims. Man oh man, I think we need a whole section devoted to wanna be downtrodden.

Yikes.

Wow.

It may come as a surprise to you, but there are some blacks who are educated and who do actually work.

Dats da troof!

Yeah he was out there chewing out the black caucas--basically calling them a bunch of whiners. Well hell--the black population living with a 16% unemployment is reason to whine.

Then Obama looks down his nose at them--:cuckoo: I'll tell you if a white President did this to a white caucas--his poll numbers would have collapsed to ZERO--which also the number of jobs--that were created in August 2011--ZERO.

So now the right likes the Congressional Black Caucus? That's funny.

No white politician speaks for me just because they are white. Yet black = black liberal politician to you? And you're black? That's just sad.

Twice. I've read the Constitution dozens of times and the Federalist papers twice, your point?

Forum List

Back