Yeap, CNN and MSNBC focusing ONLY on "gun control" and that is it. That is all.

Gun laws are always a failure and they only punish the law abiding citizen that never was going to use the firearm for a crime in the first place.

Do you think Omar was intending to do this a year ago? Five years ago? Or was he a "law-abiding citizen" whose mental illness hadn't manifested yet?

The problem is that we have 33,000 gun deaths a year, and most of them were "law abiding" up until the day they shot themselves or someone else.
And had any of the people in that club been carrying a legal concealed carry weapon Omar probably wouldn't have shot / killed as many people as he did.
Doubtful.

A gun doesn't make one bulletproof.

How could you have missed it?
Gunman Was 'Cool and Calm' During Negotiations: Officials

The guy took several trips to Saudi....
Remember how Saudi recently demanded the 28 pages of the 9/11/01 report not be released and if they were implicated at all they would be pissed, blah, blah, blah....

Again, the guy was under FBI's RADAR twice....they don't have the manpower to stay on top of him 24/7, not with 1,000 cases in the US to investigate....and Obama importing 100 more Syrians a day without a proper background check.

Much of which was reported on CNN

CNN had guests and reports on the gunman's past and possible links to terrorism

I don't know how you could have missed it
We didn't miss it.......we also didn't miss the headline being flashed on CNN "ORLANDO ATTACKER HAD NO DIRECT TIES TO ISIS" on the screen all day today.

Are you aware that he had direct ties to ISIS?

What was his ISIS ID number? What was the last ISIS meeting he attended?
ISIS doesn't operate that way.

IDIOT!!!

Your useless and counter-productive Terrorism Facilitating drivel is started to wear thin.

Then maybe you need to prove he had contact with ISIS at any time before the killings before you can mock the statement that he had no direct ties to ISIS

Do you know what direct ties are?

Gun laws are always a failure and they only punish the law abiding citizen that never was going to use the firearm for a crime in the first place.

Do you think Omar was intending to do this a year ago? Five years ago? Or was he a "law-abiding citizen" whose mental illness hadn't manifested yet?

The problem is that we have 33,000 gun deaths a year, and most of them were "law abiding" up until the day they shot themselves or someone else.
And had any of the people in that club been carrying a legal concealed carry weapon Omar probably wouldn't have shot / killed as many people as he did.
Doubtful.

However, it does give somebody a fighting chance if they chose to use it.

Gunman Was 'Cool and Calm' During Negotiations: Officials

The guy took several trips to Saudi....
Remember how Saudi recently demanded the 28 pages of the 9/11/01 report not be released and if they were implicated at all they would be pissed, blah, blah, blah....

Again, the guy was under FBI's RADAR twice....they don't have the manpower to stay on top of him 24/7, not with 1,000 cases in the US to investigate....and Obama importing 100 more Syrians a day without a proper background check.

Much of which was reported on CNN

CNN had guests and reports on the gunman's past and possible links to terrorism

I don't know how you could have missed it
We didn't miss it.......we also didn't miss the headline being flashed on CNN "ORLANDO ATTACKER HAD NO DIRECT TIES TO ISIS" on the screen all day today.

Are you aware that he had direct ties to ISIS?

What was his ISIS ID number? What was the last ISIS meeting he attended?
ISIS doesn't operate that way.

IDIOT!!!

Your useless and counter-productive Terrorism Facilitating drivel is started to wear thin.

Then maybe you need to prove he had contact with ISIS at any time before the killings before you can mock the statement that he had no direct ties to ISIS

Yes, and expecting direct ties is simply a red-herring. Not all terrorists are in ISIS....you fucking tool.

We both know that would be the same as expecting one to have direct ties to the Vatican, and that is the only way to be a true Catholic. His father is a strong supporter of the Taliban. He was under FBI observation for years. He has been reported on his job for making homophobic statements, but wasn't let go because he's a Muslim. Political -correctness wouldn't allow it.

Doubtful.

Not if the guy was wearing a vest.

So dipshit Moon Bats like you want to take away the Constitutional right to keep and bear arms because somebody may commit a crime?

That is really a dumbass position.

By the way, those stats you quoted have been explain to you many time but you are still confused.

Half of them are suicides and 90% of the remaining are crimes committed by the criminal elements in our society that will never adhere to any law.

All it will do it restrict the Constitutional rights of Americans.

You don't give a shit about Liberty, do you? Typical Moon Bat.

It's funny how some people just love to FIGHT and how you guys are fighting over 'whether the car is 'fire engine' red or 'hot lips' red'. :p

ISIS, who obviously influenced this Islamic Terrorists, scored a 'convert', as the guy bothered to call '911' in the middle of his killing spree to declare his allegiance to ISIS. Despite not being directly, personally affiliated with the terrorist group at that moment he was a dis-associated member. In the end ISIS claims another 'victory' with more dead Americans.

The terrorist declared he was a member of ISIS.
In his heart he was a member of ISIS
ISIS claimed him as a member after he declared allegiance to them and carried this out.
The ONLY people claiming he was NOT a terrorist member of ISIS are AMERICANS right now...How f*ed up is THAT?!

In the immortal words of Hillary, 'What difference does it make' if he was not an official card-carrying member of ISIS who had attended official meetings, learned the secret hand-shake, and had the team key chain and bumper sticker?! WHO THE F* CARES?!

No real disrespect meant, but you guys sound like morons arguing about this.

Doubtful.

You can kill somebody in a vest by shooting them in the head or you can disable them by shooting them in another part of the body that the vest isn't covered.

Even getting shot in a bullet proof vest will knock the breath out of you sometimes.

I am a NRA Certified Firearms Instructor and I know that most people that have a concealed weapons permit are not trained to use the firearm effectively. However, they have a chance being armed instead of being dead ducks.

It's funny how some people just love to FIGHT and how you guys are fighting over 'whether the car is 'fire engine' red or 'hot lips' red'. :p

ISIS, who obviously influenced this Islamic Terrorists, scored a 'convert', as the guy bothered to call '911' in the middle of his killing spree to declare his allegiance to ISIS. Despite not being directly, personally affiliated with the terrorist group at that moment he was a dis-associated member. In the end ISIS claims another 'victory' with more dead Americans.

The terrorist declared he was a member of ISIS.
In his heart he was a member of ISIS
ISIS claimed him as a member after he declared allegiance to them and carried this out.
The ONLY people claiming he was NOT a terrorist member of ISIS are AMERICANS right now...How f*ed up is THAT?!

In the immortal words of Hillary, 'What difference does it make' if he was not an official card-carrying member of ISIS who had attended official meetings, learned the secret hand-shake, and had the team key chain and bumper sticker?! WHO THE F* CARES?!

No real disrespect meant, but you guys sound like morons arguing about this.
This what they have till their leaders can dream up better excuses......or something else happens to take the media coverage off of this terrible event.

Doubtful.

You can kill somebody in a vest by shooting them in the head or you can disable them by shooting them in another part of the body that the vest isn't covered.

Even getting shot in a bullet proof vest will knock the breath out of you sometimes.

I am a NRA Certified Firearms Instructor and I know that most people that have a concealed weapons permit are not trained to use the firearm effectively. However, they have a chance being armed instead of being dead ducks.
Have you ever fired a weapon in a dark room?

I have.

It's not as easy as you make it sound. A pistol is meant to be a secondary weapon. Unless you have a laser sight you won't even know where your bullets are going because most of the time you can't even see your front sightpost. A guy with a AR-15 has an advantage in accuracy and he's basically firing at movement. Your muzzle-flash also makes you a target. If you miss or hit his vest you may stun him but you probably will only cause him to splatter you with bullets. Then there's noise, which is disorienting, and smoke from weapons discharges to obscure your vision.

In a gunfight my weapon of choice is a 12 gauge, if I don't have nods and tactical gear, but then I don't think they'll let you in the door carrying one. A 12 gauge is just a matter of pointing it in the general direction and pull the trigger.

Doubtful.

I have.

It's not as easy as you make it sound. A pistol is meant to be a secondary weapon. Unless you have a laser sight you won't even know where your bullets are going because most of the time you can't even see your front sightpost. A guy with a AR-15 has an advantage in accuracy and he's basically firing at movement. Your muzzle-flash also makes you a target. If you miss or hit his vest you may stun him but you probably will only cause him to splatter you with bullets. Then there's noise, which is disorienting, and smoke from weapons discharges to obscure your vision.

In a gunfight my weapon of choice is a 12 gauge, if I don't have nods and tactical gear, but then I don't think they'll let you in the door carrying one. A 12 gauge is just a matter of pointing it in the general direction and pull the trigger.

I have fired a weapon in the dark in a far away Asian land several decades ago. That doesn't make me an expert but I do know firearms and I do understand the limitations.

By the way I have seen a 1911 go up against an AK and the 1911 won but that was probably more of a fluke than anything else.

There is nothing you said that I disagree with. I say a lot of the same things when I teach beginners about firearms.

I would go farther than you and say that most people that own and carry a pistol (including law enforcement) don't really know how to use it effectively.

My only point was that if a person is armed they have a chance. If they aren't armed they have no chance.

A little story. I have a friend who is a world class pistol shooter. He has won the Florida pistol championship several times. He is also a great rifle shooter and has won Camp Perry a couple of times. He also was the NCIC of the Marine competition shooting team for several years.

Before going into the military he was a policeman He got into a firefight at night once when chasing a bad guy. My friend can do less than one inch groups with almost any pistol at 50 yrds and he fired three magazines at the bad guy that night and never hit anything.

Doubtful.

I have.

I have fired a weapon in the dark in a far away Asian land several decades ago. That doesn't make me an expert but I do know firearms and I do understand the limitations.

By the way I have seen a 1911 go up against an AK and the 1911 won but that was probably more of a fluke than anything else.

There is nothing you said that I disagree with. I say a lot of the same things when I teach beginners about firearms.

I would go farther than you and say that most people that own and carry a pistol (including law enforcement) don't really know how to use it effectively.

My only point was that if a person is armed they have a chance. If they aren't armed they have no chance.

A little story. I have a friend who is a world class pistol shooter. He has won the Florida pistol championship several times. He is also a great rifle shooter and has won Camp Perry a couple of times. He also was the NCIC of the Marine competition shooting team for several years.

Before going into the military he was a policeman He got into a firefight at night once when chasing a bad guy. My friend can do less than one inch groups with almost any pistol at 50 yrds and he fired three magazines at the bad guy that night and never hit anything.

Basically what I was saying.

I used to do this for a living. I trained people in urban warfare and anti-terrorism while I was on an A-Team.

Without all of the high-speed equipment a pistol is at a disadvantage against a AR-15 inside a dark building. Nobody really knows this till they've actually had to do it in real life. A gun gives you a chance, but it's still a disadvantage when you're the victim. This guy was counting on people just running wild or cowering in fear, and he was shooting and laughing and they were screaming. People running into you our over you. It's pure chaos. The noise level of firing indoors literally can take away your sense of balance, not to mention adrenaline speeds up your heart rate and takes away your accuracy.

The best way I know to stop this kind of attack is make it a hard target, that means armed guards, metal detectors, and security doors.

I have.

I used to do this for a living. I trained people in urban warfare and anti-terrorism while I was on an A-Team.

Without all of the high-speed equipment a pistol is at a disadvantage against a AR-15 inside a dark building. Nobody really knows this till they've actually had to do it in real life. A gun gives you a chance, but it's still a disadvantage when you're the victim. This guy was counting on people just running wild or cowering in fear, and he was shooting and laughing and they were screaming. People running into you our over you. It's pure chaos. The noise level of firing indoors literally can take away your sense of balance, not to mention adrenaline speeds up your heart rate and takes away your accuracy.

The best way I know to stop this kind of attack is make it a hard target, that means armed guards, metal detectors, and security doors.

Peace brother. We don't really have a disagreement.

Given a choice in being armed or not armed in a massacre I will chose being armed any day even if it is only a Ruger LC-9 against an AR-15.

What do you based that on? It took a SWAT Team 3 hours to bring him down. So some guy who's half in the bag at 1 AM is going to take him on? really? Really?

Who do you think lobbied for the ban on guns in bars to start with? It was the bar owners.

We both know that would be the same as expecting one to have direct ties to the Vatican, and that is the only way to be a true Catholic. His father is a strong supporter of the Taliban. He was under FBI observation for years. He has been reported on his job for making homophobic statements, but wasn't let go because he's a Muslim. Political -correctness wouldn't allow it.

Are you saying people SHOULD be fired from their jobs for making Homophobic statements? This would be quite a change for you.

Yes, there were a whole bunch of red flags about this guy. but he was still able to buy an assault rifle.

I have.

Peace brother. We don't really have a disagreement.

Given a choice in being armed or not armed in a massacre I will chose being armed any day even if it is only a Ruger LC-9 against an AR-15.
I'm not too hot on being on the concealed weapons permit list. Makes it easier for these liberals to show up at my door one day to take my guns. If they did that, I don't know what I'd do. I'd rather take my chances and not carry a gun or carry it in the open. I don't know of any bars that allow you to open carry a gun.

Are you saying people SHOULD be fired from their jobs for making Homophobic statements? This would be quite a change for you.

Yes, there were a whole bunch of red flags about this guy. but he was still able to buy an assault rifle.
Actually, it happens alot these days, but this guy wasn't just making fun of gays, he was talking about murder.

I'm not too hot on being on the concealed weapons permit list. Makes it easier for these liberals to show up at my door one day to take my guns. If they did that, I don't know what I'd do. I'd rather take my chances and not carry a gun or carry it in the open. I don't know of any bars that allow you to open carry a gun.

If you don't want to carry then god bless you. It is not for everyone.

Well, probably because the FBI scrubbed his file. Word came down from Homeland security to destroy the files on some of these fuckers. He was one of them that was taken of of the FBI watch list for some reason.

Trump Causes More Headaches for Republicans
June 13, 2016

The Lid: “Setting aside the impact that repeating his theories could have on his own electoral chances, Trump’s statements when it comes to national security could be the most consequential parts of his rhetoric when it comes to downballot races. For weeks or even months to come, Republican lawmakers will be asked by journalists and by their political opponents if they believe that Obama is somehow complicit in terror attacks. They’ll be peppered with questions about Trump’s suggestion that Obama should resign in the wake of the attack. They’ll face another round of inquiries about his proposed ban on Muslim immigration.”

“In press conferences, debates, and opposition research, Trump’s positions will be omnipresent for Republicans running for office at any level. If you’re a Republican in a contested race, it’s just about the last thing you probably want to spend the next 147 days doing.”

Forum List

Back