Yes or No - Should Govt Be Able To Deny Gun Owners Right To Adopt?

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
Let's see if we can keep the responses 'short and sweet'......

--------

Illinois gun restrictions unfairly target foster parents, lawsuit claims | Fox News

"Kenneth and Colleen Shults want to permanently welcome a foster child into their Fairmount, Ill., family, but claim in a federal suit filed this week they are being forced to surrender their Second Amendment rights to do it."

------

I am not even saying the law suit is right, that owning a gun is THE reason they are being 'denied'. Just interested in the question / idea... Yes of no?

Last edited:
And most cases no, but if they're mentally a danger to the child. Well, on a case by case bases.

--------

Illinois gun restrictions unfairly target foster parents, lawsuit claims | Fox News

"Kenneth and Colleen Shults want to permanently welcome a foster child into their Fairmount, Ill., family, but claim in a federal suit filed this week they are being forced to surrender their Second Amendment rights to do it."

------

I am not even saying the law suit is right, that owning a gun is THE reason they are being 'denied'. Just interested in the question / idea... Yes of no?

Soon the fascist anti-gunners will demand that we tie our dicks in a knot.

But , being a foster parent , an independent contractor for CPS, is a different matter.

Nevertheless, I wish the Shults the best of luck.

Tell them to vote for the Trump/Pence ticket. Otherwise they are fucked.

This isn't a simple 'yes' or 'no' question. While there is a Constitutional right to own firearms, there is no Constitutional right to adopt children. As long as mere possession of firearms isn't a disqualifier, state authorities do have the obligation to make sure the children they place aren't put into a dangerous situation. Therefore, questions about how weapons are stored and used seem prudent and appropriate.

Gun control advocates want to abolish the 2nd amendment by whatever means they can use to undermine the Constitution.

--------

------

Is adoption a right?

This isn't a simple 'yes' or 'no' question. While there is a Constitutional right to own firearms, there is no Constitutional right to adopt children. As long as mere possession of firearms isn't a disqualifier, state authorities do have the obligation to make sure the children they place aren't put into a dangerous situation. Therefore, questions about how weapons are stored and used seem prudent and appropriate.

As I understand it, the issue is FOSTER CARE not adoptions

Foster care is a system in which a minor has been placed into a ward, group home, or private home of a state-certified caregiver, referred to as a "foster parent". The placement of the child is normally arranged through the government or a social service agency. The institution, group home or foster parent is compensated for expenses.[1]

While there is a Constitutional right to own firearms, there is no Constitutional right to adopt children. As long as mere possession of firearms isn't a disqualifier, state authorities do have the obligation to make sure the children they place aren't put into a dangerous situation. Therefore, questions about how weapons are stored and used seem prudent and appropriate.
As I understand it, the issue is FOSTER CARE not adoptions
Re-read the article. The questions came about when the couple wanted to adopt a foster child.

--------

------

No, obviously.

--------

------

Is adoption a right?

Do gay couples have a right to adopt children?

--------

------

Is adoption a right?

Is that a yes or a no?

--------

------

Is adoption a right?

Is that a yes or a no?

It's a question. Answer it.

Forum List

Back