Yet another school shooting

Heartbreaking moment as Santa Fe High School student is asked if she thought a shooting 'would not happen' at her school: "It's been happening everywhere. I've always kind of felt like eventually it was going to happen here too."

But....your second amendment right are more important than even one child's life...Gotcha!

As is your right to put your children on the very drug that sets most of these children off.

Heartbreaking moment as Santa Fe High School student is asked if she thought a shooting 'would not happen' at her school: "It's been happening everywhere. I've always kind of felt like eventually it was going to happen here too."

But....your second amendment rights are more important than even one child's life...Gotcha!
They don't allow the second amendment in school just like they don't allow God in school.

Well he was carrying a fucking shotgun and since nothing was reported about him shooting out a window or a door it is safe to assume he walked in through a fucking open unmoniitored door

I can't believe people allow a fucking moron like you to to teach their children

So now you want to hire monitors for every door? Armed guards outside every door??

Think please

Ha, and you want to pass more laws and post more "gun free zone" signs. Clearly your methods are not working.

That's not what I suggested. Hire more highly trained, armed security at the most vulnerable campuses. Base those numbers on the student body size. Arming teachers or students is stupid. The idea of hardening every campus in the country is cost prohibitive.

Finally, raise the age to 21 on all firearms purchases. 3 day mandatory waiting period and universal background checks. Also better mental health background checks. If cops had had more authority, they would have disarmed Nikolas Cruz after 30-some bright red flags.

No one advocated arming teachers, dolt

Um... are you sure no one advocated arming teachers?

Trump supports arming teachers with guns - CNN Video

So because Lyin Ted Cruz supports the second amendment and is endorsed by the NRA like Trump, he can’t go to give his condolences and respect? This notion from the left that we can’t comment on a school shooting because we support guns is just MORONIC.

Well, all the red flags yet again on this one and nothing was done in the gun-centric states of Florida OR Texas.

The Texas student arrested for gunning down 10 people at his high school Friday is a 17-year-old named Dimitrios Pagourtzis, according to CBS News.

Officials haven’t officially released his name, but law enforcement sources tell the Associated Press and other outlets that Pagourtzis is the suspect they have in custody.

A month ago, an Instagram account that appears to belong to Pagourtzis posted a photo of a handgun and a knife on a bed, with the caption “hi f–kers.”

And screenshots of Pagourtzis’ now-deleted Facebook page show that he recently posted images of a T-shirt with “Born to Kill” written across it and a coat covered in pins that he said represented “kamikaze tactics” and “bravery.”

Witnesses told CW 39 Houston News that the shooter was wearing army boots, a trench coat and a “Born to Kill” shirt when he stormed the school.

One student said Pagourtzis always dressed like that.

“He wears a trench coat every day, and it’s like 90 degrees out here,” Dustin Severin, 17, told a local NBC affiliate.

“He’s been picked on by coaches before, for smelling bad and stuff like that. And he doesn’t really talk to very many people either. He keeps to himself.”

He was away from school for several days before the shooting, student Avery Garza told Buzzfeed News.

And he donned a Nazi uniform for the carnage - Sad :(

Sante Fe School Shooter Dimitrios Pagourtzis Wore NAZI Uniform . . . 'White Supremacist'!!

He wore a Nazi uniform during the shooting....Maybe he was one of the "good people" trump brags about?

The solution is simple...the GOP has voiced it for years...

"Our Thoughs and Prayers"

There u go! The Congressional solution!

You've been ranting that these school shootings place the blood of these children on the hands of the NRA and their members, when I've clearly shown the link between a class of antidepresant and most of these shootings, and you respond with righteous indignation?

That is the height of absurdity

I am willing to assess blame to both drugs and lax gun laws as promoted by the NRA.

We'll find out soon I guess if this kid was on prescription drugs.
The NRA? Look out! They are right behind you! I guess you are unfamiliar with all the very stringent laws in cities such as Chicago and Baltimore. They have failed. Stop picking on law abiding citizens and work on the real problems.

No - Gun laws have NOT failed.

Read & learn

States with strict gun laws have fewer firearms deaths. Here's how your state stacks up
Strict state gun laws linked to fewer suicides and murders
What impact do state gun laws have on shooting deaths?
Posting lies again huh?

Disprove the stats or STFU

He wore a Nazi uniform during the shooting....Maybe he was one of the "good people" trump brags about?

The solution is simple...the GOP has voiced it for years...

"Our Thoughs and Prayers"

There u go! The Congressional solution!

VERY good people - Can you feel the love?

torches_in_charlottesville.jpg

Santa Fe ISD is a district where God is a big part of the community and school.

SCOTUS had to slap it down twice for letting only evangies pray over the PA but not Mormons and Catholics.

A sad day, indeed

Kids are getting tired of being preyed on while Congress sits on their hands.
Beware Republicans!

This next generation demands that Congress do something....either you listen to them or u are voted out....your choice.

You've been ranting that these school shootings place the blood of these children on the hands of the NRA and their members, when I've clearly shown the link between a class of antidepresant and most of these shootings, and you respond with righteous indignation?

I am willing to assess blame to both drugs and lax gun laws as promoted by the NRA.

The NRA? Look out! They are right behind you! I guess you are unfamiliar with all the very stringent laws in cities such as Chicago and Baltimore. They have failed. Stop picking on law abiding citizens and work on the real problems.

Read & learn

States with strict gun laws have fewer firearms deaths. Here's how your state stacks up
Posting lies again huh?

No to both requests. You should realize by know that most of us here see everyday that you don't accept proof of any kind.

Beware Republicans!

This next generation demands that Congress do something....either you listen to them or u are voted out....your choice.
Many of us will not surrender our guns. No matter what fascists like you want or do.

Yeah, it's never "quite time" to talk about some sensible gun reforms. I believe you even agreed with mine earlier.

Thoughts & Prayers seem a little shallow at this point.

Yanno, I can be amiable with people when they make reasonable arguments. You clearly made one. But I still despise politicizing a tragedy, any tragedy, for mere political gain. Intelligent people offer thoughts and prayers rather than political talking points in response to mass shootings like these.

But as for what they say about broken clocks...

You're an interesting dude and I like you - FAR more to contribute than the average poster here. Thought provoking at a minimum.

But do we have something like an egg timer to determine when it is appropriate to discuss a few reforms?

I think you know that it is NEVER time to discuss these things with NRA fueled politicians.

The basic misunderstand is, our side wants to stop the child from becoming a Monster, and your side kind of likes the ides that children are becoming monsters to advance a political ideology.

Sell it somewhere where they care. He we seek answers, not political points.

Dude, now you're out of bounds.

As I gun owner and 2nd amendment advocate myself -

I object to the goofy insinuation that we want children to become monsters and cheer school (or any other) shootings.

You know that not all gun owners belong to or agree with the NRA, right?

Well he was carrying a fucking shotgun and since nothing was reported about him shooting out a window or a door it is safe to assume he walked in through a fucking open unmoniitored door

I can't believe people allow a fucking moron like you to to teach their children

So now you want to hire monitors for every door? Armed guards outside every door??

Think please

Ha, and you want to pass more laws and post more "gun free zone" signs. Clearly your methods are not working.

That's not what I suggested. Hire more highly trained, armed security at the most vulnerable campuses. Base those numbers on the student body size. Arming teachers or students is stupid. The idea of hardening every campus in the country is cost prohibitive.

Finally, raise the age to 21 on all firearms purchases. 3 day mandatory waiting period and universal background checks. Also better mental health background checks. If cops had had more authority, they would have disarmed Nikolas Cruz after 30-some bright red flags.

No one advocated arming teachers, dolt

Um... are you sure no one advocated arming teachers?

Trump supports arming teachers with guns - CNN Video

Willful ignorance I guess ;-)

Beware Republicans!

Many of us will not surrender our guns. No matter what fascists like you want or do.

Very few, if ANY of import are asking you to "surrender your guns" ...

Jesus Mikey, stop being a DUFUS.

Yanno, I can be amiable with people when they make reasonable arguments. You clearly made one. But I still despise politicizing a tragedy, any tragedy, for mere political gain. Intelligent people offer thoughts and prayers rather than political talking points in response to mass shootings like these.

But as for what they say about broken clocks...

You're an interesting dude and I like you - FAR more to contribute than the average poster here. Thought provoking at a minimum.

But do we have something like an egg timer to determine when it is appropriate to discuss a few reforms?

I think you know that it is NEVER time to discuss these things with NRA fueled politicians.

The basic misunderstand is, our side wants to stop the child from becoming a Monster, and your side kind of likes the ides that children are becoming monsters to advance a political ideology.

Sell it somewhere where they care. He we seek answers, not political points.

Dude, now you're out of bounds.

As I gun owner and 2nd amendment advocate myself -

I object to the goofy insinuation that we want children to become monsters and cheer school (or any other) shootings.

You know that not all gun owners belong to or agree with the NRA, right?

Yes, I am one, so what's your point. Did you actually want a conversation or are you mentally masturbating again

Read & learn

Posting lies again huh?

No to both requests. You should realize by know that most of us here see everyday that you don't accept proof of any kind.

Oh I accepted proof just earlier from Pop about prescription drugs influencing troubled teens.

So just accept the fact that you're a Dotard.

Beware Republicans!

I own many guns. You are replaying the NRA lie. Your guns will NEVER be taken from you.

The NRA and trumpeted want everyone to believe the issue is whether guns will be taken away. That is a lie.

The GOP Congress won't even consider reasonable laws on gun ownership

That frame of mind is going to lose....

Forum List

Back