Yet Another Toddler Accidentally Shot And Killed His Mother

BTW, you claimed the murder rate went up in Wisconsin after Concealed Carry went into effect, (2011)

It has bounced up and down for the last 10 years

Wisconsin State Crime and Crime Rate - USA.com™

this is one of the reasons...Ferguson is another...

No easy answers to Milwaukee’s spiraling violence

Overworked, overtaxed

But the toughest sentences in the world won't help solve the city's crime problem if police aren't arresting the most violent criminals in the first place, said Michael Crivello, president of the Milwaukee Professional Police Association, which represents rank-and-file officers.

"The way I see it is — whether we're on the advent of travesty or we're already well into it — it was something that was bound to happen," he said.
Crivello and the union believe Flynn's changes in department structure and new policies implemented during his tenure have made it more difficult for officers to do their jobs effectively.

Crivello pointed to a reduction in the number of detectives, which was about 250 when Flynn took over in 2008 and is now about 180. Much of the responsibility for investigating crimes has been shifted from detectives to patrol officers.

"They're so overworked, overtaxed and trying to work with a different skill set, which they don't possess," Crivello said.

The dismantling of the gang and vice squads has allowed more violent criminals to roam free, according to Crivello.

"What you get out of it is human intelligence," he said of specialized squads. "That's how we win wars. You have to know what's going on in the streets. We've lost so much of that."
--------

The policy was changed in 2010 and has reduced the number of crashes. On the flip side, criminals who may be wanted on warrants, have a gun under the seat or have a trunk full of drugs know that if they flee police, there is very little the officers can do, Crivello said.

"They can literally flip the finger to an officer and take off hard and fast and get away with it," he said.

Flynn pointed out that critics used a similar argument against the old policy, saying officers were taking undue risks by chasing motorists who may not have guns or drugs. Research indicates that the vast majority of pursuits turn out to be for minor traffic violations, he said.

Soooooo....The actual case is bad policy from an inept democrat mayor....and the Ferguson effect.......not concealed carry by normal, law abiding citizens....

So policing effects crime rates, I agree.

As does allowing people to carry guns for self defense.

Here you go...again...all of the research....

Do Right-to-carry laws reduce violent crime? - Crime Prevention Research Center

A 2012 survey of the literature is available here. Some of the research showing that concealed carry laws reduce violent crime is listed here.

Crime, Deterrence, and Right-to-Carry Concealed Handguns, John R. Lott, Jr. and David B. Mustard, Journal of Legal Studies, 1997

The Effect of Concealed Weapons Laws: An Extreme Bound Analysis by William Alan Bartley and Mark A Cohen, published in Economic Inquiry, April 1998 (Copy available here)

The Concealed‐Handgun Debate, John R. Lott, Jr., Journal of Legal Studies, January 1998

Criminal Deterrence, Geographic Spillovers, and Right-to-Carry Concealed Handguns by Stephen Bronars and John R. Lott, Jr., American Economic Review, May 1998

The Impact of Gun Laws on Police Deaths by David Mustard, published in the Journal of Law and Economics, October 2001

Privately Produced General Deterrence By BRUCE L. BENSON AND BRENT D. MAST, Journal of Law and Economics, October 2001

Does the Right to Carry Concealed Handguns Deter Countable Crimes? Only a Count Analysis Can Say By FLORENZ PLASSMANN AND T. NICOLAUS TIDEMAN, Journal of Law and Economics, October 2001

Testing for the Effects of Concealed Weapons Laws: Specification Errors and Robustness By CARLISLE E. MOODY, Journal of Law and Economics, October 2001

Right-to-Carry Concealed Weapon Laws and Homicide in Large U.S. Counties: The Effect on Weapon Types, Victim Characteristics, and Victim-Offender Relationships By DAVID E. OLSON AND MICHAEL D. MALTZ, Journal of Law and Economics, October 2001

The Impact of Banning Juvenile Gun Possession By Thomas B. Marvell, Journal of Law and Economics, October 2001

Safe-Storage Gun Laws: Accidental Deaths, Suicides, and Crime By JOHN R. LOTT, JR., AND JOHN E. WHITLEY, Journal of Law and Economics, October 2001

Confirming More Guns, Less Crime by Florenz Plassmann and John Whitley, published in the Stanford Law Review, 2003

Measurement Error in County-Level UCR Data by John R. Lott, Jr. and John Whitley, published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology, June 2003, Volume 19, Issue 2, pp 185-198

Using Placebo Laws to Test “More Guns, Less Crime” by Eric Helland and Alexander Tabarrok, published in Advances in Economic Analysis and Policy, 4 (1): Article 1, 2004

Multiple Victim Public Shootings, Bombings, and Right-to-Carry Concealed Handgun Laws: Contrasting Private and Public Law Enforcement By John R. Lott, Jr. and William Landes, published in The Bias Against Guns

More Readers of Gun Magazines, But Not More Crimes by Florenz Plassmann and John R. Lott, Jr.

“More Guns, Less Crime” by John R Lott, Jr. (University of Chicago Press, 2010, 3rd edition).

“The Debate on Shall-Issue Laws” by Carlisle e. Moody, Thomas B. Marvell, Paul R Zimmerman, and Fasil Alemante published in Review of Economics & Finance, 2014

“An examination of the effects of concealed weapons laws and assault weapons bans on state-level murder rates” by Mark Giusa published in Applied Economics Letters, Volume 21, Issue 4, 2014

“The Debate on Shall-Issue Laws” by Carlisle e. Moody and Thomas B. Marvell, published in Econ Journal Watch, volume 5, number 3, September 2008 It is also available here..

“The Debate on Shall Issue Laws, Continued” by Carlisle e. Moody and Thomas B. Marvell, published in Econ Journal Watch, Volume 6, Number 2 May 2009

“Did John Lott Provide Bad Data to the NRC? A Note on Aneja, Donohue, and Zhang” by Carlisle e. Moody, John R Lott, Jr, and Thomas B. Marvell, published in Econ Journal Watch, Volume 10, Number 1, January 2013

“On the Choice of Control Variables in the Crime Equation” by Carlisle E. Moody and Thomas B. Marvell, Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Volume 72, Issue 5, pages 696–715, October 2010.

More Guns, Less Crime: A Response to Ayres and Donohue’s 1999 book review in the American Law and Economics Review by John R. Lott, Jr.

Right-to-Carry Laws and Violent Crime Revisited: Clustering, Measurement Error, and State-by-State Break downs by John R. Lott, Jr.

For the data errors in the one published paper by Aneja, Donohue, and Zhang that claims to find a bad effect from right-to-carry laws on aggravated assaults see this paper.

In addition, Aneja, Donohue, and Zhang have retracted their original claim that the my research could not be replicated. Their argument was that Aneja, Donohue, and Zhang could not replicate the replication work done by the National Research Council that had replicated my research.

In an Erratum note published in October 2012 they concede: “Subsequent to the publication of this article, members of the NRC panel demonstrated to the authors that the results in question were replicable if the authors used the data and statistical models described in Chapter 6 of the NRC (2004) report.”

I see disgraced Lott over and over and over...

And then all the others......the best in the field and then the rest...all stating that you are wrong.....

Please link any one that doesn't include Lott that can be taken seriously and I will review it. Your list is from lotts site...

Moron.....they are all peer reviewed studies.......15 of them are not John Lott.....and of course...you want him taken out because he is the most experienced in this area of research........and the most public.....so you want him excluded...nice try......Tell the Patriots to bench their quarter back and see how that goes...

Link to one without Lott to review. Pick one and stop whining.

I linked to over 15 and looking at the rest that Lott did would be informative since he is the resident expert in the field.....which is why you hate him so.....

Loads of excuses from the gun people, but not a word about the obvious stupidity of leaving a loaded gun where a kid can get to it.

It is obvious....someone was negilgently shot...only a left wing anti gunner would need an explanation after that....

How is that?

Well a 2 year old isn't going to enter the code to fire the gun. Or have the correct hand signature to activate it. Had the gun in the car been a smart gun the woman would still be alive despite all the mistakes she made.
Only dumb people would want to be involved with a so called "smart" gun...
I have a fingerprint readers on my iPads/Samsung s7 it doesn't work worth a shit. The last place I would want shit technology would be on my firearms… LOL

Good for you. That doesn't change that it would have avoided this accident.

Perhaps, but suppose your "safe gun" had actually been needed for its intended use?

According to the gun nuts the gun almost never needs to be fired in defense. I think this woman would have been safer with a smart gun.

No....according to actual research into the use of guns for self defense...the majority of the time criminals will run away or surrender...only needing to be shot rarely.....

More repetitive laws mean less freedom and more crime, I'll let you in on something... criminals don't obey laws that's why they are called criminals... Lol

Crime goes down through policing.

Really? Crime is dropping in Chicago? Or Detroit? You're full of crapola dude. Just sayin...

You really don't believe crime goes down through policing? Now that is a special kind of stupid.

Really? How then did Mayor Rudy Giuliani make such a dramatic reduction in crime in New York City?

Policing. Didn't go down because of concealed carry now did it?

In the cities where they allow their police to do their job, and also have concealed carry, the crime rate is lower than cities that do not have concealed carry....

Here you go...again...all of the research....

Do Right-to-carry laws reduce violent crime? - Crime Prevention Research Center

A 2012 survey of the literature is available here. Some of the research showing that concealed carry laws reduce violent crime is listed here.

Crime, Deterrence, and Right-to-Carry Concealed Handguns, John R. Lott, Jr. and David B. Mustard, Journal of Legal Studies, 1997

The Effect of Concealed Weapons Laws: An Extreme Bound Analysis by William Alan Bartley and Mark A Cohen, published in Economic Inquiry, April 1998 (Copy available here)

The Concealed‐Handgun Debate, John R. Lott, Jr., Journal of Legal Studies, January 1998

Criminal Deterrence, Geographic Spillovers, and Right-to-Carry Concealed Handguns by Stephen Bronars and John R. Lott, Jr., American Economic Review, May 1998

The Impact of Gun Laws on Police Deaths by David Mustard, published in the Journal of Law and Economics, October 2001

Privately Produced General Deterrence By BRUCE L. BENSON AND BRENT D. MAST, Journal of Law and Economics, October 2001

Does the Right to Carry Concealed Handguns Deter Countable Crimes? Only a Count Analysis Can Say By FLORENZ PLASSMANN AND T. NICOLAUS TIDEMAN, Journal of Law and Economics, October 2001

Testing for the Effects of Concealed Weapons Laws: Specification Errors and Robustness By CARLISLE E. MOODY, Journal of Law and Economics, October 2001

Right-to-Carry Concealed Weapon Laws and Homicide in Large U.S. Counties: The Effect on Weapon Types, Victim Characteristics, and Victim-Offender Relationships By DAVID E. OLSON AND MICHAEL D. MALTZ, Journal of Law and Economics, October 2001

The Impact of Banning Juvenile Gun Possession By Thomas B. Marvell, Journal of Law and Economics, October 2001

Safe-Storage Gun Laws: Accidental Deaths, Suicides, and Crime By JOHN R. LOTT, JR., AND JOHN E. WHITLEY, Journal of Law and Economics, October 2001

Confirming More Guns, Less Crime by Florenz Plassmann and John Whitley, published in the Stanford Law Review, 2003

Measurement Error in County-Level UCR Data by John R. Lott, Jr. and John Whitley, published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology, June 2003, Volume 19, Issue 2, pp 185-198

Using Placebo Laws to Test “More Guns, Less Crime” by Eric Helland and Alexander Tabarrok, published in Advances in Economic Analysis and Policy, 4 (1): Article 1, 2004

Multiple Victim Public Shootings, Bombings, and Right-to-Carry Concealed Handgun Laws: Contrasting Private and Public Law Enforcement By John R. Lott, Jr. and William Landes, published in The Bias Against Guns

More Readers of Gun Magazines, But Not More Crimes by Florenz Plassmann and John R. Lott, Jr.

“More Guns, Less Crime” by John R Lott, Jr. (University of Chicago Press, 2010, 3rd edition).

“The Debate on Shall-Issue Laws” by Carlisle e. Moody, Thomas B. Marvell, Paul R Zimmerman, and Fasil Alemante published in Review of Economics & Finance, 2014

“An examination of the effects of concealed weapons laws and assault weapons bans on state-level murder rates” by Mark Giusa published in Applied Economics Letters, Volume 21, Issue 4, 2014

“The Debate on Shall-Issue Laws” by Carlisle e. Moody and Thomas B. Marvell, published in Econ Journal Watch, volume 5, number 3, September 2008 It is also available here..

“The Debate on Shall Issue Laws, Continued” by Carlisle e. Moody and Thomas B. Marvell, published in Econ Journal Watch, Volume 6, Number 2 May 2009

“Did John Lott Provide Bad Data to the NRC? A Note on Aneja, Donohue, and Zhang” by Carlisle e. Moody, John R Lott, Jr, and Thomas B. Marvell, published in Econ Journal Watch, Volume 10, Number 1, January 2013

“On the Choice of Control Variables in the Crime Equation” by Carlisle E. Moody and Thomas B. Marvell, Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Volume 72, Issue 5, pages 696–715, October 2010.

More Guns, Less Crime: A Response to Ayres and Donohue’s 1999 book review in the American Law and Economics Review by John R. Lott, Jr.

Right-to-Carry Laws and Violent Crime Revisited: Clustering, Measurement Error, and State-by-State Break downs by John R. Lott, Jr.

For the data errors in the one published paper by Aneja, Donohue, and Zhang that claims to find a bad effect from right-to-carry laws on aggravated assaults see this paper.

In addition, Aneja, Donohue, and Zhang have retracted their original claim that the my research could not be replicated. Their argument was that Aneja, Donohue, and Zhang could not replicate the replication work done by the National Research Council that had replicated my research.

In an Erratum note published in October 2012 they concede: “Subsequent to the publication of this article, members of the NRC panel demonstrated to the authors that the results in question were replicable if the authors used the data and statistical models described in Chapter 6 of the NRC (2004) report.”

And then all the others......the best in the field and then the rest...all stating that you are wrong.....

Please link any one that doesn't include Lott that can be taken seriously and I will review it. Your list is from lotts site...

Moron.....they are all peer reviewed studies.......15 of them are not John Lott.....and of course...you want him taken out because he is the most experienced in this area of research........and the most public.....so you want him excluded...nice try......Tell the Patriots to bench their quarter back and see how that goes...

I haven't been here long but you seem to be the one whining from dawn to dusk. Then you say...well you can't use so and so.... What...you seem to be a few fries short of a happy meal.

Who says it would avoid an accident… Dumbass
Lol

I just did dumbass. Tell me how a 2 year old would have accidently fired a smart gun.
I've looked at so called smart guns first hand, being a firearms dealer.
I would never sell such a piece of shit item… They could never be counted on. LOL

I wonder if that isn't the intended purpose of the gun haters. If enough honest, law abiding people are killed by criminals because the law abiding citizens are using "safe guns" which fail. The gun haters will start crowing "SEE HOW DANGEROUS GUNS ARE IN THE HANDS OF CITIZENS"?

Almost 600 dead in accidents already. Clearly they are dangerous.

in a country with over 357,000,000 guns and only 505 accidental gun deaths in 2013........

2013...accidental car deaths...35,000

2013...drowning deaths....3,000

Keep the gun, stay out of cars and pools.

I haven't been here long but you seem to be the one whining from dawn to dusk. Then you say...well you can't use so and so.... What...you seem to be a few fries short of a happy meal.

You have no idea.

A 2-year-old boy accidentally shot and killed his mother on Tuesday while she was driving in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It adds to a growing list of accidental shootings by toddlers.

Patrice Price, 26, was driving her security guard boyfriend’s car on Highway 175 when the 2-year-old fatally shot her in the back with a single bullet.

At least 69 children aged 17 and younger had picked up a gun and accidentally shot someone so far this year, according to data from gun control advocacy group Everytown for Gun Safety, issued before this latest tragedy. At least 265 kids were responsible for accidental shootings in 2015.

They're after us.

12928280_1077034432342091_8718548251696904051_n.jpg

Now you're quoting COMEDIANS? I am duly impressed!

A 2-year-old boy accidentally shot and killed his mother on Tuesday while she was driving in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It adds to a growing list of accidental shootings by toddlers.

Patrice Price, 26, was driving her security guard boyfriend’s car on Highway 175 when the 2-year-old fatally shot her in the back with a single bullet.

At least 69 children aged 17 and younger had picked up a gun and accidentally shot someone so far this year, according to data from gun control advocacy group Everytown for Gun Safety, issued before this latest tragedy. At least 265 kids were responsible for accidental shootings in 2015.

They're after us.

When they're funny, yes. Do you have a problem with that?

They're after us.

When they're funny, yes. Do you have a problem with that?

Interesting! You believe that fatal terrorist attacks and the deaths of children is funny.

I'm not surprised since Progressives also believe that A MILLION ABORTIONS a year is irrelevant, immaterial and unimportant. How do you people live with yourselves?

They should make it against the law to keep a loaded gun within reach of a child.

Oh wait, it already is.

BTW- more kids die drowning in buckets and bathtubs every year than by accidently shooting themselves.

I linked to over 15 and looking at the rest that Lott did would be informative since he is the resident expert in the field.....which is why you hate him so.....

You linked garbage from lotts site. Why are you scared to link a study that doesn't involve Lott?

Well a 2 year old isn't going to enter the code to fire the gun. Or have the correct hand signature to activate it. Had the gun in the car been a smart gun the woman would still be alive despite all the mistakes she made.
Only dumb people would want to be involved with a so called "smart" gun...
I have a fingerprint readers on my iPads/Samsung s7 it doesn't work worth a shit. The last place I would want shit technology would be on my firearms… LOL

Perhaps, but suppose your "safe gun" had actually been needed for its intended use?

According to the gun nuts the gun almost never needs to be fired in defense. I think this woman would have been safer with a smart gun.

No....according to actual research into the use of guns for self defense...the majority of the time criminals will run away or surrender...only needing to be shot rarely.....

So smart guns would work fine, thank you.

Then you must be impressed by his dodging. How sad.

Who says it would avoid an accident… Dumbass
Lol

I just did dumbass. Tell me how a 2 year old would have accidently fired a smart gun.
I've looked at so called smart guns first hand, being a firearms dealer.
I would never sell such a piece of shit item… They could never be counted on. LOL

I wonder if that isn't the intended purpose of the gun haters. If enough honest, law abiding people are killed by criminals because the law abiding citizens are using "safe guns" which fail. The gun haters will start crowing "SEE HOW DANGEROUS GUNS ARE IN THE HANDS OF CITIZENS"?

Almost 600 dead in accidents already. Clearly they are dangerous.

in a country with over 357,000,000 guns and only 505 accidental gun deaths in 2013........

2013...accidental car deaths...35,000

2013...drowning deaths....3,000

Keep the gun, stay out of cars and pools.

We have almost 600 more than any other civilized country. You don't value life.

They should make it against the law to keep a loaded gun within reach of a child.

Oh wait, it already is.

BTW- more kids die drowning in buckets and bathtubs every year than by accidently shooting themselves.

And many millions more are taking baths than playing with guns. What is your point?

Oh wait, it already is.

And many millions more are taking baths than playing with guns. What is your point?
Because it's illegal and illogical to let a child have a loaded gun without supervision, duh.

Where the accidental gun death for children age 1-14 went down......from 69 in 2013....to 48 in 2014....

Thanks for showing your point is even more stupid than when you began........

And this is while more Americans started buying, owning and actually carrying guns for self defense....

Thanks brain.

You realize the child wasn't the one killed in the OP right? Gonna have a difficult life.
----------------------------------- he will live through it Brian .
Why are you so sure?
-------------------------------------- not really concerned , its none of my business , its up to the kids family to figure out how to handle things Brian .

The odds are certainly against him.

Why? He's two years old, he won't remember a thing.

Forum List

Back