Yikes...leftists will have a hit nightmare over this poll

You mean MSNBC isn't the most trusted? LOL
No they`re not. That would be NPR. Have you ever listened to NPR? Stomp on the ground once for yes...and twice for no,

I used to listen to NPR on FM radio, before satellite radio came to cars. They have some interesting specials and programs. Their news isn't as strong and comprehensive though.

Well here we go again;

"My news channel is better than yours!"
"No it's not!"
"Yes it is!"
"No it's not!"
"Yes it is!"

:lmao:

Hey don't get me wrong. It's just somewhat ironic that the only news channel that isn't the propoganda arm of the Democratic party happens to be the most trusted among Americans. That means that the public isn't falling for all the lies and the leftist social reengineering of the other news channels.
It also depends on whether the responses are about the actual news segments or if they include the spin meisters also, why anyone would trust any of those (regardless of which side they're on) is beyond me.
One other thing I haven't been able to confirm is I was told by someone I trust to have valid information that MSNBC is not registered with the FCC as a "news outlet". While I trust him I also know people can make mistakes and be willing to believe due to bias so I'd like to verify.
Which leads to the claim that all non fox outlets are "propaganda arms" of the DNC, that's just a mostly ridiculous talking point the same as the mostly ludicrous claim that Fox is the propaganda arm of the RNC, it's almost all partisan political bull shit.

I guess we have president Oblahblah and his radical anti capitalist anti American agenda to thank for?

Fox News is the most trusted national news channel. And it’s not that close.

Fox News Channel beats out CNN for America's most trusted cable or broadcast news coverage, and MSNBC lags far behind, even among Democrats, according to new polling done by Quinnipiac University. The poll found 29 percent of people say they trust Fox News' coverage the most, followed by 22 percent for CNN and 10 percent for NBC News and CBS News.

Fox News Channel beats out CNN for America's most trusted cable or broadcast news coverage, and MSNBC lags far behind, even among Democrats, according to new polling done by Quinnipiac University. The poll found 29 percent of people say they trust Fox News' coverage the most, followed by 22 percent for CNN and 10 percent for NBC News and CBS News.

Fox News' figures are unsurprising considering its ratings. The channel ended 2014 second only to ESPN in total viewers among all ad-supported basic cable networks. Its "America's Newsroom," "The Five," "Special Report with Bret Baier" and "The O'Reilly Factor" were the most-watched shows in their time slots among all cable stations. Put simply: Fox News is a ratings juggernaut.

Yes, FNC's numbers are boosted by the fact that 58 percent of Republicans trust it the most; Fox News also has the most trusted coverage among independents with 25 percent.

While Fox News is bolstered by the right, MSNBC doesn't get the same support from the left. The poll found that more Democrats trust CNN (32 percent) and NBC News (15 percent) than MSNBC (14 percent, tied with CBS News).

Here's the breakdown by political affiliation, gender, and age:

imrs.php
(via Quinnipiac)
Fox News' dominance puts its frequent complaints about the "mainstream media" into perspective. For millions of Americans, Fox News is the mainstream media.

Fox News' figures are unsurprising considering its ratings. The channel ended 2014 second only to ESPN in total viewers among all ad-supported basic cable networks. Its "America's Newsroom," "The Five," "Special Report with Bret Baier" and "The O'Reilly Factor" were the most-watched shows in their time slots among all cable stations. Put simply: Fox News is a ratings juggernaut.

Yes, FNC's numbers are boosted by the fact that 58 percent of Republicans trust it the most; Fox News also has the most trusted coverage among independents with 25 percent.

While Fox News is bolstered by the right, MSNBC doesn't get the same support from the left. The poll found that more Democrats trust CNN (32 percent) and NBC News (15 percent) than MSNBC (14 percent, tied with CBS News).

OUCH!
It`s an opinion poll and nothing more. FOX scores well among the stupid and gullible GOP sheep. If it was a study about who lies the most FOX would come out on top again. Only 18% of their stories are actually close to being true.
Fact-Checking Site Finds Fox News Only Tells the Truth 18 Percent of the Time

I guess we have president Oblahblah and his radical anti capitalist anti American agenda to thank for?

imrs.php
(via Quinnipiac)
Fox News' dominance puts its frequent complaints about the "mainstream media" into perspective. For millions of Americans, Fox News is the mainstream media.

OUCH!

They benefit from being the favorite of the right wingers. Votes from the left were divided up among the other news channels, but righties all vote fox. It's surprising Fox only got 29%.

Guess you MISSED the OP. To quote from the OP.
"Yes, FNC's numbers are boosted by the fact that 58 percent of Republicans trust it the most; Fox News also has the most trusted coverage among independents with 25 percent."

That's 58% of Republicans AND 25% of independents. So that's a grand total of 83% of viewing America. Which should be about equal to what the race for the oval office will be.

Hillary's numbers are DOWN to 37% and that is IN the democratic party. A three legged blind hunting dog has a better chance finding it's way to the oval office then a democrat.

That doesn't change what I said.
Well here we go again;

"No it's not!"
"Yes it is!"
"No it's not!"
"Yes it is!"

Hey don't get me wrong. It's just somewhat ironic that the only news channel that isn't the propoganda arm of the Democratic party happens to be the most trusted among Americans. That means that the public isn't falling for all the lies and the leftist social reengineering of the other news channels.
It also depends on whether the responses are about the actual news segments or if they include the spin meisters also, why anyone would trust any of those (regardless of which side they're on) is beyond me.
One other thing I haven't been able to confirm is I was told by someone I trust to have valid information that MSNBC is not registered with the FCC as a "news outlet". While I trust him I also know people can make mistakes and be willing to believe due to bias so I'd like to verify.
Which leads to the claim that all non fox outlets are "propaganda arms" of the DNC, that's just a mostly ridiculous talking point the same as the mostly ludicrous claim that Fox is the propaganda arm of the RNC, it's almost all partisan political bull shit.

I agree that FOX has programs like Hannity where there is a political bias. And then they have news which isn't. Whereas MSNBC is ALL propoganda and bias, including their news. CNN to be honest has some programs I enjoy, and from their newscasters I like Anderson Cooper, and Wolf Biltzer is not bad, but the rest are leftist hacks.

Well here we go again;

"No it's not!"
"Yes it is!"
"No it's not!"
"Yes it is!"

Nobody is "registered with the FCC as a news outlet". A broadcast license contains nothing about what the station's content will be -- that's completely up to the station. If that were not the case a radio station could never decide that their country format was not working and switch to sports.

MSNBC (and Fox) are cable channels anyway -- they don't use airwaves so they don't need broadcast licenses. In any event FCC has no jurisdiction or regulation on broadcast content, whether licensed for the airwaves or not. It never has. All that an on-air licensee has to do is show that it intends to serve a community need, and that obviously is interpreted very very loosely. A cable channel doesn't even need that -- it just needs bandwidth and a carrier.

It is interesting how you can structure a poll to get the results you want

In this case, rather than ask "Do you trust or mistrust FoxNews?"

They provided a list of seven news agencies and asked "Who do you trust the most?" Now, we all know that conservatives have been trained to automatically squawk FOX!. That leaves other voters to split their vote among six choices

What result did you expect?

Well here we go again;

"No it's not!"
"Yes it is!"
"No it's not!"
"Yes it is!"

Nobody is "registered with the FCC as a news outlet". A broadcast license contains nothing about what the station's content will be -- that's completely up to the station. If that were not the case a radio station could never decide that their country format was not working and switch to sports.

MSNBC (and Fox) are cable channels anyway -- they don't use airwaves so they don't need broadcast licenses. In any event FCC has no jurisdiction or regulation on broadcast content, whether licensed for the airwaves or not. It never has. All that an on-air licensee has to do is show that it intends to serve a community need, and that obviously is interpreted very very loosely. A cable channel doesn't even need that -- it just needs bandwidth and a carrier.
Like I said, I needed to confirm, thanks for the info. :thup:

imrs.php
(via Quinnipiac)

OUCH!

They benefit from being the favorite of the right wingers. Votes from the left were divided up among the other news channels, but righties all vote fox. It's surprising Fox only got 29%.

"Yes, FNC's numbers are boosted by the fact that 58 percent of Republicans trust it the most; Fox News also has the most trusted coverage among independents with 25 percent."

That's 58% of Republicans AND 25% of independents. So that's a grand total of 83% of viewing America. Which should be about equal to what the race for the oval office will be.

Hillary's numbers are DOWN to 37% and that is IN the democratic party. A three legged blind hunting dog has a better chance finding it's way to the oval office then a democrat.

Well here we go again;

"No it's not!"
"Yes it is!"
"No it's not!"
"Yes it is!"

I agree that FOX has programs like Hannity where there is a political bias. And then they have news which isn't. Whereas MSNBC is ALL propoganda and bias, including their news. CNN to be honest has some programs I enjoy, and from their newscasters I like Anderson Cooper, and Wolf Biltzer is not bad, but the rest are leftist hacks.

I have trouble finding news on fox, they must not dedicate much time to it, certainly not in the evening. Seems all right wing to me. I agree about msnbc, garbage. I prefer cnn to everything else. I'm not aware of any blatantly biased shows right now.

imrs.php
(via Quinnipiac)

OUCH!
It`s an opinion poll and nothing more. FOX scores well among the stupid and gullible GOP sheep. If it was a study about who lies the most FOX would come out on top again. Only 18% of their stories are actually close to being true.

"Trust" for this application means "loyalty". And Loyalty is something commercial broadcasting continuously works on. After all it's what pays the bulls bills. "We'll be right back to tell you how the Democrats are going to plant chips in your brain to herd you into death camps, right after this word for foam rubber face lacerations you can paste on" sets up the entire point of watching the telescreen, and that is advertising. So you sit through the foam rubber face lacerations ad awaiting the big story (which is of course bullshit) but the deed has been done -- planting the seed that you need this foam rubber face laceration. And that means money for the TV channel.

You build loyalty through suspense (usually derived from fear, but always emotion) and personal connection. And the emotional relationship Fox viewers have with a TV channel is strikingly obvious in reading these pages. One does the math, and it would be strange if Fox did not come out as the most "trusted" (read: emotionally-barnacled) "news" channel.

Which brings us to:Ringel's observation:
It also depends on whether the responses are about the actual news segments or if they include the spin meisters
Indeed it has to refer to the latter, because they're the only ones who deal in emotion. News -- straight unbiased news, to the extent there even is such a thing --- has no emotion. It's simple statement of fact. There's no emotion in the statement "it's 28 degrees right now" (as opposed to "it's fucking cold!"). If you're talking straight news, then it shouldn't matter which outlet you're getting it from -- it's going to be identical. If you're talking emotion, that's engineered in psychologically. And that psychological engineering is where the competition comes in. It becomes a question of which outlet more effectively mines its viewers' emotions.

So in effect, if you score big on being a "trusted" outlet, where that applies usefully is to the ad buyer. That buyer knows that by buying on in this case Fox, he's got a more attentive and more pliant viewer to sell foam rubber face lacerations, than he will on another channel. And that of course is going to cost more.

Always look up to see who's pulling the puppet strings. And why.

Last edited:
Well here we go again;

"No it's not!"
"Yes it is!"
"No it's not!"
"Yes it is!"

Like I said, I needed to confirm, thanks for the info. :thup:

And it was a worthy question since it's often misunderstood and mythologized. :thup:

imrs.php
(via Quinnipiac)

OUCH!

Well here we go again;

"No it's not!"
"Yes it is!"
"No it's not!"
"Yes it is!"

I have trouble finding news on fox, they must not dedicate much time to it, certainly not in the evening. Seems all right wing to me. I agree about msnbc, garbage. I prefer cnn to everything else. I'm not aware of any blatantly biased shows right now.

I don't have TV any more but when I see it (one can hardly avoid it) I like Shepard Smith. He's got a good no-bullshit attitude I appreciate. He's about the last guy I expect to see bury something that needs to be said. Within the world of TV anyway.

But that of course is the actual news daypart.

The "most trusted" --- when the field is television -- is like saying "which of these turds would you like on your sandwich?"

:eusa_hand:

Btw this belogs in Media.
With all respect I disagree. The poll is current AND it IS an event because news services like to brag about current standings.

Thank you, and with all return respect "liking to brag" is not an event. The subject matter is media, so that's where it belongs. An "event" is when something actually happens.

:beer:

Meanwhile back at the OP... bringing image forward:

imrs.php

Some interesting numbers as regards "trust" and emotional attachment:

• The term "most trusted" means a whopping 29% overall (or counting the independent sector, 25%) -- pity the poll didn't offer a choice of "I don't trust TV";
  • Republicans 58% versus Democrats 3% -- obviously heavily polarized -- again, emotion;
  • Significant gender gap
  • Significant age gap as you read from left to right
All of which bear out that it's all about engineered (targeted) emotional appeal.

I rest my case.

imrs.php
(via Quinnipiac)

OUCH!

Well here we go again;

"No it's not!"
"Yes it is!"
"No it's not!"
"Yes it is!"

CNN is very clever at telling people how to think, but in a very subtle way. Which is why FOX is more trusted, people can see through the BS. But CNN has some shows like Anthony Bordain that I truly enjoy and are very interesting as well. But even Bordain injects his leftist bias from time to time. If you aren't a leftist you won't get a job at CNN, that's just how it is.

Well here we go again;

"No it's not!"
"Yes it is!"
"No it's not!"
"Yes it is!"

CNN is very clever at telling people how to think, but in a very subtle way. Which is why FOX is more trusted, people can see through the BS. But CNN has some shows like Anthony Bordain that I truly enjoy and are very interesting as well. But even Bordain injects his leftist bias from time to time. If you aren't a leftist you won't get a job at CNN, that's just how it is.

2007-10-26-glenn_beck.jpg
crossfire.jpg
dobbs-20090724.jpg
cnn_gingrich_zimmerman.jpg

Perhaps Lou Dobbs' expression says it best.

CNN is TV, and that means it's a whore. It will hire whoever sells.
The idea that ideology pays anybody's bills is just wacko.

Well here we go again;

"No it's not!"
"Yes it is!"
"No it's not!"
"Yes it is!"

I haven't noticed a bias. It's certainly nothing as blatant as fox and msnbc. I want news, not opinion.

imrs.php
(via Quinnipiac)

OUCH!

Now if it had shown the opposite, you guys would have heralded it as the greatest thing since Swiss cheese.

Forum List

Back