You 52% who approve of BHO, why?

I don't get why you folks aren't approving of him.

ObamaCare was the conservative alternative to single payer.
After 2009, spending has gone down.
He's killing terrorists..no questions asked.
The government payroll is shrinking.
Illegal Aliens are being deported in record numbers.
Big corporations are making record profits.

This what you folks keep screaming about..

Corporate profits are being retained as well as recirculated on Wall Street. Those dollars should be circulating in the economy, creating jobs. Obama has stifled the investment climate and filled it with nothing but uncertainty.

ObamaCare is poised to be a disaster.
Spending may be down but it should be more downer. :)eusa_eh:)
Killing terrorists is groovy, but they are hardly "on the run".
Amnesty? Fergedaboutit.

That's all I got. Maybe someone else can chime in. You bring up some good points and I saw them buried back in the thread.

because he has ideas other than the failed "cut taxes & deregulate" Republican/Randian mantra

Failed cut taxes?
Don’t believe it. The tax cuts enacted by the U.S. Congress in 2003 were an important cause of an economic expansion that roared for some 50 months and created 8.1 million jobs. The opposite philosophy—a stimulus that has crowded out private investment, plus an enormous health bill and a nightmarish financial regulatory package that are killing job creation—has only delayed recovery and left us with 9.1% unemployment.
You won’t hear this from liberals. What you hear instead is a straw man argument that the tax cuts failed to pay for themselves. The Bush Administration and congressional leaders at the time went out of their way to be clear that the tax cuts were not expected to pay for themselves.
Morning Bell: The Truth About Tax Cuts - The Foundry: Conservative Policy News Blog from The Heritage Foundation

Greed killed this growth from the private sector
Had nothing to do with income tax rates

Why America Is Going To Miss The Bush Tax Cuts - Forbes

By 2003, Mr. Bush grasped this lesson. In that year, he cut the dividend and capital gains rates to 15 percent each, and the economy responded. In two years, stocks rose 20 percent. In three years, $15 trillion of new wealth was created. The U.S. economy added 8 million new jobs from mid-2003 to early 2007, and the median household increased its wealth by $20,000 in real terms.

Read more: DWYER: Bush tax cuts boosted federal revenue - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

DWYER: Bush tax cuts boosted federal revenue - Washington Times

we were within 162 billion of a balanced budget in 2007
now its over 1 trillion

now I ask you again
why do you think BHO is doing a good job?

Washington Times & the Heritage Foundation. Can't get any more objective than that :doubt: . (Forbes has been known to be less partisan on occasion however). Theres a reason that Bush II's tax-cuts had a sunset provision, because Bush's numbers wouldn't have added-up. Stop advocating the kick the can down the road philosophy. :eusa_hand:

Last edited:
The Sequestration is a bill he signed, not to mention the size of Govt from 2007 till today has grown 900 billion dollars with 600 of it sense 09
By Ed Kilgore

Political Animal - Return of the Squirrel Sex Study Meme

Just when you thought this week in politics could not get any dumber, Speaker John Boehner, in his flailing efforts to make his party’s fiscal position going into the sequester seem more reasonable, is resorting to the oldest idiocy of them all: the claim that government spending is mostly a bunch of crazy boondoggles. Here we go:

[N]o one should be talking about raising taxes when the government is still paying people to play videogames, giving folks free cellphones, and buying $47,000 cigarette-smoking machines.

Jonathan Chait went to the trouble of tracking down what Boehner was talking about, and of course, it’s mostly a shuck, like the ancient claims that everybody’s taxes were high because pointy-headed federal bureaucrats were paying egghead scientists to study the mating habits of squirrels. The amount of money involved in these anecdotal examples is, of course, next to nothing. And they are blatantly intended to distract attention from the bigger picture, as Chait notes:

Why have Republicans settled on this utterly inane talking point? A close look at the latest Pew poll shows it’s the only card they have to play in the fiscal showdown. The public opinion landscape is utterly bleak for Boehner. Congress is way less popular than Obama. The Republican Party is way less popular than the Democratic Party. People trust Obama more than Republicans to handle budget issues. They want a mix of revenue and spending cuts. (Even a majority of Republicans reject the cuts-only approach insisted on by GOP leaders.)

The lone bright spot on this desolate landscape is that Americans want spending cuts to account for a larger share of the deficit reduction. Now the question is framed in the most Republican-friendly way. The poll doesn’t ask about raising taxes just on the rich, which is much more popular than generalized tax hikes. It also doesn’t name specific programs like Medicare and Social Security, which Americans resolutely oppose cutting under any circumstances.

What Boehner has going for him here is a generalized ignorance about the federal budget. Americans think there’s lots of waste and don’t grasp that balancing the budget through spending cuts would require cutting programs they don’t want to cut. Boehner’s best play is to keep the debate on the level of abstraction, focused on mythical waste….

So why are Republicans resorting to this very cheapest kind of demagoguery? It seems to be all they’ve got at this point:

Boehner doesn’t have an actual plan to balance the budget by making surly video-game players pay for their own damn World of Warcraft. He wants to force Obama to propose cuts to retirement programs without any revenue. He doesn’t have any apparent strategy to achieve this goal. He just has a talking point to try to wave it away.

So there’s budget-talk that exceeds the sequester in stupidity all right, and we’ll be hearing it a lot during the next week.

ttp://www.politicususa.com/faced-evidence-sequester-idea-boehner-blames-obama.html

boehner-white-flag

Despite the fact that a PowerPoint presentation from 2011 surfaced today with his name on it, John Boehner continues to blame Obama for the sequester.

The “question” of who the sequester belongs to should no longer be in doubt after The Daily Beast uncovered a July 2011 PowerPoint presentation that Speaker Boehner gave detailing the the use of the sequester as a Republican strategy. The Speaker didn’t just give the presentation. His name was on the PowerPoint slides.

boehner-slide

Boehner responded to the destruction of his talking point by demonstrating the skills that have made him one of the worst Speakers in history.

In a statement, Rep. Boehner said,

I agree with the Secretary of Defense that the impact of the president’s sequester would be devastating to our military. That’s why the House has acted twice to replace the president’s sequester with common-sense cuts and reforms that protect our national security, and it’s why I’ve been calling on the president for more than a year to press his Democratic-controlled Senate to do the same. Despite dire warnings from his own Secretary of Defense for more than a year that the sequester would ‘hollow out’ our military, the president has yet to put forward a specific plan that can pass his Democratic-controlled Senate, and has exerted no pressure on the Democratic leadership of the Senate to actually pass legislation to replace the sequester he proposed. As the commander-in-chief, President Obama is ultimately responsible for our military readiness, so it’s fair to ask: what is he doing to stop his sequester that would ‘hollow out’ our Armed Forces?

When faced with new evidence that the sequester was his idea, Speaker Boehner continued to blame President Obama. House Republicans think that if they keep repeating the same false statements over and over again, the American people will eventually believe them and blame the president.

Speaker Boehner has nothing now. His Obama’s sequester attacks have gone nowhere. Boehner has no way left to spin this, and his party will be getting the blame if these automatic cuts aren’t avoided. From now on when Republicans try to blame Obama for the sequester, all Democrats have to do is hold up the slides with Boehner’s name on them, and the wrath of a nation will hit the Speaker and his Republican caucus like a house of bricks.

Despite the mainstream media’s best efforts to blame both the president and congress, the blame for this mess is going to come down on Boehner and his party. Last month, the Speaker reassured the conservative movement that the sequester was his trump card. It turns out that his trump card was a joker, and it is only a matter of time until Boehner starts plotting his exit strategy that will result in his biggest cave yet to President Obama.

The Sequestration is a bill he signed, not to mention the size of Govt from 2007 till today has grown 900 billion dollars with 600 of it sense 09
How can we run the govt on 2.7 trillion in 07 and not on 3.7 today?
The economy at best is stag nit. with less than 0 job growth sense 2008 (<4 million)
negative GDP
I could write a book about how bad Obama-care is turning out to be
If GWB lied about Benghazi like Obama did, he would be impeached

why?
can you people tell me why this country has lost the ability to see the obvious?
how can we be so wrong about this?
If a GOP president lied and was bad as this guy, I would feel no different

I don't approve of any of them.

Clearly you do though.

This interest rate thing is important as the PAYMENTS not the sale amount are what folks and businesses look at to see what real estate or loans they can afford.

Consider a home worth 90k in 2002. It could appraise for 120k in 2006. So some idiot takes out an equity loan based on hiw the lowering of rates convinces some banker the property was more valuable. Idiot then invests his 30k in some stock that loses half its value and his home tanks under 90k in value a few years later.

Oops. A bunch of imaginary money has been created and lost leaving only debt and the opportunity for a big government bankruptcy bailout.

how did GWB cause that?
repeal of Sarbanes was in 99
stupid people loaning stupid people money?
as far as the market goes?
Its back and except for the first 50% of tarp and the fed going back to 1% prime, the govt had 0 to do with that

Damn, JRK! You put it so simplistically that an idiot should be able to grasp the truth! Where have you been all this time! I'm going to check the archives and read all of your posts. Then, I will happily blow my own brains out.

The economy at best is stag nit. with less than 0 job growth sense 2008 (<4 million)
negative GDP

why?
can you people tell me why this country has lost the ability to see the obvious?

I don't have much approval for any politician when I look at the state of the US so I look to the future and hope that President Obama's plans (that will be put into effect, regardless) will allow future presidents to smooth and streamline this more socially responsible ideology.

Get ready for a lot of toll bridges, etc. President Obama thinks we have the money and he's taking it. He's got the rich.

Now he's going to go after other monies and he's doing it quite well. If he uses all that, then it's the middle class.

negative GDP

why?

I cannot understand how anyone who supported the undeniably worst, most abysmal president in US history can question why people support Obama. Your own judgment is so poor, how do you have the nerve to question that of others?

Perhaps because your judgment is indeed so poor?

the two cannot be compared
I mean it is not even close
with a GOP congress (except the senate in 00-02) we created 8 million jobs off of an economy that was running <5% UE
with a GOP congress in 2007 we had a deficit of 163 billion
with a GOP congress we were spending 2.7 trillion in 2007 w/ Iraq still being counted
we had < under 5% UE
with an 8 year avg of, well you look at the results from December of each month (UE rate)
on top of 9-11
Clinton recession
NASDAQ bubble bursting in 00
& major hurricanes

Databases, Tables & Calculators by Subject

2001 5.7
2002 6.0
2003 5.7
2004 5.4
2005 4.9
2006 4.4
2007 5.0
2008 7.3
2009 9.9
2010 9.3
2011 8.5
2012 7.8

What do you base your claim on?
I mean its the same question
you support the president whose added 1 trillion dollars to what the president you state is the worst spent each year
job record is staring you in the face
GWB never covered up any event, especially one that had Americans he sent in harms way and then refused to support them while there being murdered

they find som right wing yammering point and lap it up as the gospel

negative GDP

why?

I don't approve of any of them.

Clearly you do though.

?????
I did not approve of no child nor medicare D without being funded
fair nough?

negative GDP

why?

here's the problem you have Obama never lied about benghazi ... he came out the first day and said he felt it was a terrorist act .. so how is that a lie...

its apparent all you have and the only thing you will accept is right wing talking points so far everything you have said hasn't any validity to it...

here.s another problem you have is out dated information you said " a bill he signed, not to mention the size of Govt from 2007 till today has grown 900 billion dollars with 600 of it sense 09 How can we run the govt on 2.7 trillion in 07 and not on 3.7 today?"

none of these figures are factual of yours... where ever you got them stop going there... as of 2011 government spent 1.4 trillion dollars ... in 2012 with Obama's leadership he cut back spending by 600 billion dollars last year ... you can confirm this with the budget office ... we spent around 800 billion dollars for 2012 ... you have implied that we dem/liberals are spend, spend, spend, happy. well, the figures don't seem to support your point of view

take it up with the following
74 and Pub.L. 112-77)
Total revenue $2.627 trillion (requested)
$2.469 trillion (enacted)
Total expenditures $3.729 trillion (requested)
$3.796 trillion (enacted)
2012 United States federal budget - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Total revenue $2.57 trillion
Total expenditures $2.73 trillion
Deficit $161 billion
2007 United States federal budget - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yeah. Thats all good & well but he's a..... you know :eusa_shhh: ..... a Democrat.

negative GDP

why?

here's the problem you have Obama never lied about benghazi ... he came out the first day and said he felt it was a terrorist act .. so how is that a lie...

its apparent all you have and the only thing you will accept is right wing talking points so far everything you have said hasn't any validity to it...

here.s another problem you have is out dated information you said " a bill he signed, not to mention the size of Govt from 2007 till today has grown 900 billion dollars with 600 of it sense 09 How can we run the govt on 2.7 trillion in 07 and not on 3.7 today?"

none of these figures are factual of yours... where ever you got them stop going there... as of 2011 government spent 1.4 trillion dollars ... in 2012 with Obama's leadership he cut back spending by 600 billion dollars last year ... you can confirm this with the budget office ... we spent around 800 billion dollars for 2012 ... you have implied that we dem/liberals are spend, spend, spend, happy. well, the figures don't seem to support your point of view

For more than a week after the Benghazi attack, the Obama administration which pledged to be the “most transparent administration in history”, continued to maintain a ruse that the outbreak of violence was nothing more than a spur-of-the-moment protest in response to the offensive video. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton repeated the fiction, and White House press spokesman Jay Carney told us all that there was “no evidence” that this was a “preplanned or premeditated attack.”
Pants On Fire: Obama Scrambles For Cover As Benghazi Lie Explodes - Forbes
that takes care of the cover up

federal government
‹ 20062008 ›
Submitted by George W. Bush
Submitted to 109th Congress
Deficit $161 billion
2007 budget

ubmitted by Barack Obama
Submitted to 112th Congress
Passed
November 18, 2011 (Pub.L. 112-55)

December 23, 2011 (Pub.L. 112-74 and Pub.L. 112-77)
Deficit $1.101 trillion (requested)
$1.327 trillion (enacted
2012 budget

Corporate profits are being retained as well as recirculated on Wall Street. Those dollars should be circulating in the economy, creating jobs. Obama has stifled the investment climate and filled it with nothing but uncertainty.

ObamaCare is poised to be a disaster.
Spending may be down but it should be more downer. :)eusa_eh:)
Killing terrorists is groovy, but they are hardly "on the run".
Amnesty? Fergedaboutit.

That's all I got. Maybe someone else can chime in. You bring up some good points and I saw them buried back in the thread.

I agree
let me add to your factual thread
Corporate profits are up because the tax payer kept wall street from imploding, 2008
Corporate profits are up because of mass layoffs, moving to places like Texas, and a bunch of very smart people running these companies
On Monday, book seller Borders announced that it would liquidate all of its stores, laying off 10,700 workers. That same day, Cisco, the telecom equipment maker, said it would cut its workforce by 11,500. Within 24 hours, Lockheed Martin, the aerospace company, announced that it would eliminate 6,500 jobs.
At the same time, Caterpillar, the maker of construction equipment, said its profits were up 44 percent in the second quarter compared to last year. Office equipment maker Xerox saw its profits grow 41 percent in the same time.
General Electric’s profits were up 17 percent, PepsiCo’s were up by 18 percent, and McDonald’s, the fast food company, saw a 19 percent increase, reaching a new record.
The energy and mining companies did even better, benefiting from rising gas prices, which reduced the real incomes of American workers by billions of dollars. Halliburton, the oil contractor, said its profits were up by 53 percent in the second quarter compared to a year earlier, while fellow oil contractor Schlumberger said its profits were up by 64 percent.
https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2011/07/econ-j23.html

Obamacare?
CBO: ObamaCare To Cause 7 Million Americans to Lose Health ...
nation.foxnews.com/...insurance/.../cbo-obamacare-cause-7-million-...Feb 5, 2013 – CBO Forecast: 1.4% GDP, 8% Unemployment, 7 Million to Lose Health Insuranceby John NolteThe Congressional Budget Office's ...

terrorist?
Panetta admits waterboarding helped get UBL. - Armchair General ...
Armchair General Magazine ? We Put YOU in Command! › ... › Happening Now › Politics Central
66 posts - May 3, 2011
Panetta admits waterboarding helped get UBL. Politics Central.

I cannot understand how anyone who supported the undeniably worst, most abysmal president in US history can question why people support Obama. Your own judgment is so poor, how do you have the nerve to question that of others?

with a GOP congress (except the senate in 00-02) we created 8 million jobs off of an economy that was running <5% UE
with a GOP congress we were spending 2.7 trillion in 2007 w/ Iraq still being counted
we had < under 5% UE
with an 8 year avg of, well you look at the results from December of each month (UE rate)
on top of 9-11
Clinton recession
& major hurricanes

2001 5.7
2002 6.0
2003 5.7
2004 5.4
2005 4.9
2006 4.4
2007 5.0
2008 7.3
2009 9.9
2010 9.3
2011 8.5
2012 7.8

you support the president whose added 1 trillion dollars to what the president you state is the worst spent each year
GWB never covered up any event, especially one that had Americans he sent in harms way and then refused to support them while there being murdered

they find som right wing yammering point and lap it up as the gospel

These R not talking points
This is information
You have been lied to so much, the simple truth is something I think confuses you
Not personal, just an observation

Yeah. Thats all good & well but he's a..... you know :eusa_shhh: ..... a Democrat.

Sallow Obama-care is a mess
7 million people will lose there ins
and it was a tax increase on the middle class
it took projected savings from medicare to fund it
CBO Confirms: Obamacare Raises Taxes on Middle Class
Seven million will lose insurance under Obama health law ...
http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit.../.../obama-health-law-will-cost-7-million/Feb 5, 2013 &#8211; President Obama's health care law will push 7 million people out of their job-based insurance coverage &#8212; nearly twice the previous estimate, ..
Obamacare Robs Medicare of $716 Billion to Fund Itself
blog.heritage.org/.../obamacare-robs-medicare-of-716-billion-to-fun...Aug 1, 2012 &#8211; Last week, a new Congressional Budget Office (CBO) report updated the amount of money Obamacare robs out of Medicare from $500 billion ...

Navy seals are killing terrorist as well as drones funded by tax payers, based in info from water boarding mostly
5/9/11 Former CIA director says waterboarding was key to UBL find ...
&#9658; 6:21&#9658; 6:21
www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRdjFVXnKIg
May 9, 2011 - Uploaded by benhess
Yet CIA personnel involved in the waterboarding of the three high level al Qaeda are still under investigation ...

Amnesty is not deporting

Record profits?
Profits soar amid mass layoffs - World Socialist Web Site
https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2011/07/econ-j23.htmlJul 23, 2011 &#8211; In fact, planned mass layoffs have only accelerated. ... fact that American corporations were able to accumulate record profits while hundreds of ...
mass layoffs

and yes he is a Liberal socialist democrat

Last edited:
negative GDP

why?

For more than a week after the Benghazi attack, the Obama administration which pledged to be the “most transparent administration in history”, continued to maintain a ruse that the outbreak of violence was nothing more than a spur-of-the-moment protest in response to the offensive video. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton repeated the fiction, and White House press spokesman Jay Carney told us all that there was “no evidence” that this was a “preplanned or premeditated attack.”
Pants On Fire: Obama Scrambles For Cover As Benghazi Lie Explodes - Forbes
that takes care of the cover up

federal government
‹ 20062008 ›
Submitted by George W. Bush
Submitted to 109th Congress
Deficit $161 billion
2007 budget

ubmitted by Barack Obama
Submitted to 112th Congress
Passed
November 18, 2011 (Pub.L. 112-55)

December 23, 2011 (Pub.L. 112-74 and Pub.L. 112-77)
Deficit $1.101 trillion (requested)
$1.327 trillion (enacted
2012 budget

Include the ones in the middle also.

It would be unfair of.me to pull out a budget.from 1907.

This interest rate thing is important as the PAYMENTS not the sale amount are what folks and businesses look at to see what real estate or loans they can afford.

Consider a home worth 90k in 2002. It could appraise for 120k in 2006. So some idiot takes out an equity loan based on hiw the lowering of rates convinces some banker the property was more valuable. Idiot then invests his 30k in some stock that loses half its value and his home tanks under 90k in value a few years later.

Oops. A bunch of imaginary money has been created and lost leaving only debt and the opportunity for a big government bankruptcy bailout.

how did GWB cause that?
repeal of Sarbanes was in 99
stupid people loaning stupid people money?
as far as the market goes?
Its back and except for the first 50% of tarp and the fed going back to 1% prime, the govt had 0 to do with that

GWB either watched or flailed helplessly depending on what memos you believe.

To be honest I did not mention GWB in that post though...

To be fair, it sounds like we are in a similar mindset here. More regulations on the banks are needed. Clinton was too loose with that. GWB WAS president but hey, if he had nothing to do with the economy then neither did Reagan I suppose.

That bailout is a tough one. GM I probably would have bailed out. The banks twice in 30 years? I dunno. Still it would have taken at least as much gusto not to bail them out as bailing em out. Taking bailout money needs more of a negative stigma though.

negative GDP

why?

we had < under 5% UE
on top of 9-11
Clinton recession
& major hurricanes

2001 5.7
2002 6.0
2003 5.7
2004 5.4
2005 4.9
2006 4.4
2007 5.0
2008 7.3
2009 9.9
2010 9.3
2011 8.5
2012 7.8

Great chance to deficit spend and bail on a ruined economy. Follow the dollar bills better.

Forum List

Back