You are going to HELL!!!

okay I'm off to google this man, I keep hearing about him and I don't know who he is, he's not the guy on Mission Impossible I take it...

God Hates Fags!

Oh, one thing before I go, I can't understand how that man can make that hideous claim. God loves all of us, we're all sinners, every last one of us has sinned at some point. The Bible said even as we sinned He died for us. God hates sin but not the sinner so I don't know how that man can say such things.

Sleep well :)

So you've never said a bad word about homosexuals Jent?

Exactly. Non-believers jeer and ridicule us all the time, and ask us about our beliefs, then parade around proclaiming we hate them because we believe you can't gain heaven without Christ.

Who says we hate non-believers? Not us.

How about this take? What makes me wrong?

What makes me wrong for being a muslim? Or a buddhist? Or a wiccan?
"

Uh, the Muslim thinks the Buddhist, Wiccan, Christian and atheist are wrong.

The Wiccan thinks the Buddist, Muslim, Chistian and atheist are all wrong.

The atheist thinks all theists are wrong.

And you have already made it clear that you think I'm wrong.

Do you see a pattern forming here?

Last edited:
Exactly. Non-believers jeer and ridicule us all the time, and ask us about our beliefs, then parade around proclaiming we hate them because we believe you can't gain heaven without Christ.

Who says we hate non-believers? Not us.

Okay...I don't think that you hate me. Again, hate it too strong a word.

How about this take? What makes me wrong?

What makes me wrong for being a muslim? Or a buddhist? Or a wiccan?

I think that the correct answer that should come from a Christian would be: "I love you neighbor. I love you no matter what you believe. I hope that you take that which you believe in and do good with it: help others, help the community, raise a good and loving family. I respect you. I respect your beliefs. I will work together with you to make our neighborhood and community the best place it can be."

I would hope that I would not hear: "Neighbor. I will pray for you in hopes that you will be saved."

Xotoxi, I DO respect your beliefs. and I would say I love you but I think you would be offended if I said "I love you in Christ" but if I just say "I love you" that's a whole different thing...to me, to love in Christ is a brotherly thing so....

And you know what? I can't comment on the rest of it because you've already said it upsets you and it's not my cause to upset you. You already know I fully believe in what the Bible says so...I would have to hate you to claim anything less, so I'll just go now and I'm sorry if I've upset you or if I'm the one you were indicating when you created this post.

Take care and sleep well and I honestly have a fond affection for you.

Thank you for you candidness.

My point was no believers are not going to agree that everyone is right, whether that be belivers in Islam, Wicci, Christ or none of the above.

But we don't have to agree everyone else is right to respect one another.

Last edited:
My point was no believers are not going to agree that everyone is right, whether that be belivers in Islam, Wicci, Christ or none of the above.

But we don't have to agree everyone else is right to respect one another.

That's the entire point of this thread my friend.

The thing about these threads that gets me is that when Christians or Conservatives have a complaint about something of this nature we're told to turn the channel or ignore it or whatever. If that's good advice for us why isn't it good advice for everyone? Don't want to hear what someone has to say? Don't listen. And even more so don't start threads on internet message boards about it.

So some Christians told you you're going to hell... so what? Don't believe it? Then why does it matter? Islamic fundamentalists have similar thoughts about you, where's the thread about that?

I think the thing that really drives these threads into existence is doubt on the part of the "non-believer". If you weren't worried about there being some truth to it there would be no reason to bring it up.

The thing about these threads that gets me is that when Christians or Conservatives have a complaint about something of this nature we're told to turn the channel or ignore it or whatever. If that's good advice for us why isn't it good advice for everyone? Don't want to hear what someone has to say? Don't listen. And even more so don't start threads on internet message boards about it.

So some Christians told you you're going to hell... so what? Don't believe it? Then why does it matter? Islamic fundamentalists have similar thoughts about you, where's the thread about that?

I think the thing that really drives these threads into existence is doubt on the part of the "non-believer". If you weren't worried about there being some truth to it there would be no reason to bring it up.

I think you missed the point of this thread.

I don't care that I'm being told I'm going to hell. It doesn't concern my one iota.

I made this thread to try to figure out why I am going to hell. Assuming going to hell is a really bad thing, what have I done to deserve this sentence? What have other spiritual people, who happen to not be Christians, done to deserve eternal damnation?

That's what I'm getting at.

And by asking the question, it is clear that I WANTED to hear what someone had so say about it. Had I not wanted to hear others' perspectives, I would have just flamed and called everyone a "dumbass"...but instead I just proposed a question.

And the question could be posed to any and all religions. Muslims...Jews...Buddhists...if you want to weigh in, please do!

All the religious people in the world have excellent reasons for not believing in other gods or God. All of those reasons combined are why I don't believe in any god.

All the religious people in the world have excellent reasons for not believing in other gods or God. All of those reasons combined are why I don't believe in any god.

Good point.

Or as a character in one of Salman Rushdie's short stories said,

"“If you were an atheist, Birbal,” the Emperor challenged his first minister, “what would you say to the true believers of all the great religions of the world?” Birbal was a devout Brahmin from Trivikrampur, but he answered unhesitatingly, “I would say to them that in my opinion they were all atheists as well; I merely believe in one god less than each of them.” “How so?” the Emperor asked. “All true believers have good reasons for disbelieving in every god except their own,” said Birbal. “And so it is they who, between them, give me all the reasons for believing in none.” "

A great story if any one is interested.
http://www.newyorker.com/fiction/fea...urrentPage=all

This thread makes me miss the devil worshiping Geraldo 80s.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMOeBTHbTUs]YouTube - grim reaper - see you in hell[/ame]

Or as a character in one of Salman Rushdie's short stories said,

"“If you were an atheist, Birbal,” the Emperor challenged his first minister, “what would you say to the true believers of all the great religions of the world?” Birbal was a devout Brahmin from Trivikrampur, but he answered unhesitatingly, “I would say to them that in my opinion they were all atheists as well; I merely believe in one god less than each of them.” “How so?” the Emperor asked. “All true believers have good reasons for disbelieving in every god except their own,” said Birbal. “And so it is they who, between them, give me all the reasons for believing in none.” "

A great story if any one is interested.
http://www.newyorker.com/fiction/fea...urrentPage=all

Nice spot! That's exactly the passage I paraphrased.

I just read the book last week and it is excellent.

David Benoit.. this guy had a pair of videos circulating in the 80s called "Violence in Rock Music" and "Satanism in rock music". Here is a clip from one. If you ever get the chance to watch the full videos it is classic 80s gold.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG33H8xHngM]YouTube - The Most Horrible Christian Fundamentalist Moment Ever[/ame]

You know.........there are a LOT of things that the Catholic church fucked up when they sacked Jerusalem.

The main one? The bastardization of the teachings of Yeshua the Christ.

First off........people do realize that Jesus (english translation of His real name), was Jewish, right?

You also realize that before Rome sacked Jerusalem, that Rome was a pagan empire right?

Several things that the Catholics did here. One of which was to make the SaTan into a boogy man to scare people. The SaTan is actually more like Heavens District Attorney, or prosecutor if you will.

Second......notice the way the Romans changed the concept of Hell. Originally, it was designed (according to Hebrew theology), as a place to refine the souls of those that had died, so that they could once again re-enter Heaven and join again with God.

Taoists refer to this when they talk about "rejoining the Tao".

Bottom line.........nobody stays in Hell forever. Eventually, everyone gets out. It's referred to in the Lost Gospel of Thomas.

I'm really surprised that anyone can follow Christianity very much any more. After the way that the Bible was butchered at the Nieciene council, as well as the way that preachers continually harp on Hell, while neglecting to speak much about Heaven, I'm surprised that there are any Christians left!

When I am told by someone that I will go to hell for eternity if I do not believe in Jesus, it peaks my curiousity. I wonder: why is going to hell such a big deal?

You're not going to Hell because you do not believe in Jesus. You're going to Hell because you used the word 'peak' rather than 'pique'.

Forum List

Back