🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

You believe the BS they tell us about the level of inflation?

Consider this..
What about the bottom half of Americans who own no stock? The explosion of prices for groceries, gas, insurance, and rent is killing them.
and that is the true cost of Living and it has gone up nearly 40% since Biden took over.

I made the mistake of stopping at a Burger King yesterday, a medium coke was $3.29 holy shit! A large coke at McDonalds was $1 under Trump.

So the top 1% that owns 50% of everything has done well under Biden.

And those of us with retirement accounts, which is what the OP asked about.

What about the bottom half of Americans who own no stock? The explosion of prices for groceries, gas, insurance, and rent is killing them.

Wage growth in recent years has been strongest for those at the bottom (e.g., first and second income quartile workers).

Screenshot-2024-06-14-232642.png

Wage growth in recent years has been strongest for those at the bottom (e.g., first and second income quartile workers).

Screenshot-2024-06-14-232642.png

Yeah, that happened under Trump. Since Biden, it’s been downhill again.

But that doesn’t answer my point about retirees depending largely on SS struggling even more under Biden. And there are about 60 million Americans 65+, and they vote in larger numbers than younger people.

But that doesn’t answer my point about retirees depending largely on SS struggling even more under Biden. And there are about 60 million Americans 65+, and they vote in larger numbers than younger people.

Yes, we spend a few trillion a year on them. Perhaps they'll vote themselves some more?

Yes, we spend a few trillion a year on them. Perhaps they'll vote themselves some more?
Huh? They spent 40 years paying taxes and contributing to society. Why are you upset that they get $1500 a month in SS?

Maybe we should deport the illegals, and spend the money on our seniors instead. Or, let’s make sure that adults are required to work at part-time before they get all the government handouts.

Huh? They spent 40 years paying taxes and contributing to society. Why are you upset that they get $1500 a month in SS?

Where did I say I was upset? I merely (1) stated a fact (we spend trillions on them), and (2) agreed with your observation that they're an influential voting bloc.

I know! I know! I know!

1. Lower energy prices
2. Reduced regulations
3. Tariffs to raise revenue and increase domestic production
4. Build LNG terminals
5. Build pipelines, including KeystoneXL
6. Better trade deals
7. Oppose China's IT theft and unfair trade practices
8. Cut Federal spending
9. Open ANWR
Who lower's energy prices?

What regulations contribute to higher, or lower, gas prices?

What sorts of tariffs?

Trade deals that say what exactly? As in, what makes a trade deal good?

The saying "what does the price of tea in China have to do w/it?" comes to mind on your China point.

Federal spending raises gas prices now?!?!?

af25Awf9_400x400

It would be great to get some cogent responses clarifying the above questions.

I just got my car insurance bill yesterday. I had to do a double-take: it’s up by 25%.

And they’re tricky: the payment is due July 1, giving me no time to compare and review policies from other suppliers.

Yeah. And tell a Californian their home owners insurance increased just 10% over three years ending 2023. Especially after what's occurred this year, I'd say. Their underwriting has been re-written, and they're dropping policies. My friend's property management required new policies and underwriters for more $. Course fuck, that's like most everything else California, the State is failing fast. The deep-state recognizes it's $ potential however. With a successful displacement the Asians will carry the $, and of course the Hispanics carry the bricks. Fucking communists. When's a melting pot too much? Speak of California:

For 2024 - The average cost of health insurance in California is expected to increase by 11%, while Utah and Oklahoma are expected to see decreases of 7% and -6%, respectively.

Last edited:
I just got my car insurance bill yesterday. I had to do a double-take: it’s up by 25%.

And they’re tricky: the payment is due July 1, giving me no time to compare and review policies from other suppliers.

Pablum. If you start now, you can have half a dozen quotes by dinnertime.

My plumber told me that copper tubing has went up so much they try to use existing tubing as much as possible in places that don't require an installation permit.....In most of those places everything has to be new.

He said PVC has almost tripled in price.

Little shit that you don't pay any attention to till it reaches up and bites you in the wallet.

Yes. I helped replace a water heater a few months ago. (Related note: Rheem sucks rocks.) Replacing it with an IDENTICAL heater (same model number), the cost was DOUBLE what it was in 2015.

I made the mistake of stopping at a Burger King yesterday, a medium coke was $3.29 holy shit! A large coke at McDonalds was $1 under Trump.

McD is $1.29 for any size fountain drink. (As of yesterday.)

Yeah. And tell a Californian their home owners insurance increased just 10% over three years ending 2023. Especially after what's occurred this year, I'd say. Their underwriting has been re-written, and they're dropping policies. My friend's property management required new policies and underwriters for more $. Course fuck, that's like most everything else California, the State is failing fast. The deep-state recognizes it's $ potential however. With a successful displacement the Asians will carry the $, and of course the Hispanics carry the bricks. Fucking communists. When's a melting pot too much?

Insurance premiums are way up in part because building material prices have gone crazy.

sluggish?

Dude, if yours is sluggish you are being ripped off.

My work sponsored 401k is up over 9% in less than 6 months this year and the money I moved out if it when I turned 59.5 and put into a semi-self directed IRA is doing even better.
Yeah, that's hillarious. Mine is up 10% since December, big whoop. It's up 10% since October 2021, a whole 3% a year, alert the media. And 7.9% since December 2021.

Well short of bidenflation right. Who knew. I'd have been better to put the money in CDs. Or real estate especially. Shit, 26% increase on a home over three years. Fucking 35% tax to unload the account, they got us by the balls.

Last edited:
sluggish?

Dude, if yours is sluggish you are being ripped off.

My work sponsored 401k is up over 9% in less than 6 months this year and the money I moved out if it when I turned 59.5 and put into a semi-self directed IRA is doing even better.
You are a liar....

The S&P 500 is up 45.3% over the last 24 months.
Unless you have stock in all 500 of them, that is not a very good tool to measure the overall economy.
Case in point, between 2009 - 2014.
The stock market was explosively good. Broke every record in several period gains.
But for the "99%" - it was miserable.

You can still get a double cheeseburger for under $4, value meal. Not quite a whopper but close enough. Damned I pay $9 for a Whopper with cheese, you have got to be kidding me. In & out was under $7 for a burger, fries and shake not too long ago. Runs about $12 today.

You are a liar....
I don't think he's lying, he's just under informed. Again, my portfolio or whatever fuck it's called has increased 10% since December. But that doesn't mean dick when it's only increase 7-10% MAX since 2021. 3% a year at most? Geezuz, a CD gets you 5% and it's compounded. Beats the market all to shit.

Forum List

Back