You Can Fly An F-22 From Washington D.C. To Libya

Right. Let's just disregard that no military commander is going t
Supercruise is mach 1.5 for sure, and up to mach 1.75 thus it is 5 hours tops to get over there. And that's from Andrews AFB. And that includes refueling time. But, that doesn't matter anyway as there was a QRF in Italy, a mere three hours away by dump truck.

but but but .. del said refueling @ mach2 was a piece of cake.

post # 8

LMAO

Who cares what somebody else says. The facts are it is quite easy for a F-22 to fly from DC to Benghazi. You are wrong. Deal with it.

sure I know its easy, just highly improbable for immediate covert missions ... like everyone says F16'S were right next door.

Robert Gates wasnt wrong. Deal with that.

Exactly, what everyone forgets is that no military commander is going to send a single jet of any type across an ocean to engage in combat. The entire idea is silly.

What makes you think they would only send one? What exactly do you use for brains again because you're not demonstrating much in the thinking category.

We don't have a ready force standing by in the Middle East, despite all the turmoil that's going on — with planes on strip alert, troops ready to deploy at a moment's notice — and so getting somebody there in a timely way would have been very difficult, if not impossible," Gates told interviewer Bob Schieffer.

Gates, a Republican appointee of former President George W. Bush, served as Secretary of Defense from 2006 to 2011. He offered his own views on the Sep. 11, 2012 attack, and what his response may have been.

"Based on everything I've read, people really didn't know what was going on in Benghazi," he said.

In the aftermath, some say that troops or a fighter jet should have been sent over the consulate to scare off the attackers — although one expert recently pointed out that both options were hindered by long travel times.

"Given the number of surface to air missiles that have disappeared from [former Libyan leader] Qaddafi's arsenals," Gates also reasoned, "I would not have approved sending an aircraft, a single aircraft, over Benghazi under those circumstances."

Former Defense Secretary Blasts Benghazi Critics For 'Cartoonish' View Of Military

deal baby, deal.

but but but .. del said refueling @ mach2 was a piece of cake.

post # 8

LMAO

Who cares what somebody else says. The facts are it is quite easy for a F-22 to fly from DC to Benghazi. You are wrong. Deal with it.

sure I know its easy, just highly improbable for immediate covert missions ... like everyone says F16'S were right next door.

Exactly, what everyone forgets is that no military commander is going to send a single jet of any type across an ocean to engage in combat. The entire idea is silly.

What makes you think they would only send one? What exactly do you use for brains again because you're not demonstrating much in the thinking category.

We don't have a ready force standing by in the Middle East, despite all the turmoil that's going on — with planes on strip alert, troops ready to deploy at a moment's notice — and so getting somebody there in a timely way would have been very difficult, if not impossible," Gates told interviewer Bob Schieffer.

Gates, a Republican appointee of former President George W. Bush, served as Secretary of Defense from 2006 to 2011. He offered his own views on the Sep. 11, 2012 attack, and what his response may have been.

"Based on everything I've read, people really didn't know what was going on in Benghazi," he said.

In the aftermath, some say that troops or a fighter jet should have been sent over the consulate to scare off the attackers — although one expert recently pointed out that both options were hindered by long travel times.

"Given the number of surface to air missiles that have disappeared from [former Libyan leader] Qaddafi's arsenals," Gates also reasoned, "I would not have approved sending an aircraft, a single aircraft, over Benghazi under those circumstances."

Former Defense Secretary Blasts Benghazi Critics For 'Cartoonish' View Of Military

deal baby, deal.

No, we had a QRF in Italy a mere three hours away who were never sent.

deal baby, deal.

There were also two AC-130 Spectre gunships on call within range of Benghazi, one of them 45 mins away at the Naval Air Station in Sigonella Sicily, the other was at Dijbouti six hours away

deal baby, deal.

"The House Armed Services Committee, the independent Accountability Review Board, and the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence determined that no F-16s or other strike aircraft could have responded in time to save lives. AFRICOM Commander General Carter Ham, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Martin Dempsey, former Defense Secretary Robert Gates, and other military experts all explained that F-16s were not the appropriate military given the posture of the forces and the risks involved."

"Admiral Michael Mullen, Vice Chair of the independent Accountability Review Board and former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, testified repeatedly about how he personally examined this issue and determined that there was no ability to get an F-16 or another strike aircraft to Benghazi on the night of the attack. He explained that while “[t]here were plenty of assets moving” that night, there were “no planes sitting at the ready,” which meant that it would take “hours and hours” to get them combat-ready, including planning the mission, obtaining tanker support to fuel the planes, getting bomb racks, stetting the munitions, and getting permission from the host nation. He also added that NATO would not have been able to assist with the response, explaining: “I actually commanded NATO forces, and the likelihood that NATO could respond in a situation like that was absolutely zero.”
Source: Hearing of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, Sept. 19, 2013

"Brigadier General Scott Zobrist, who at the time was the Wing Commander of the 31st Fighter Wing at Aviano Air Base in northern Italy, and an experienced F-16 fighter pilot, told congressional staff that dispatching an unarmed fighter jet that night would have entailed an “incredible” risk and had the potential to “make the situation worse” because of the risk of a downed aircraft. He further explained: “I’m not sure that I would even, in my good military judgment, if I could let them do that. Nor do I think my commanders would ask me to do that because of the limitations, the probability of success would be so low and the risk would be so high.” He also explained his concerns about the effectiveness of using a strike aircraft in an urban environment at night to disperse a crowd, stating “from an F-16 pilot’s perspective, based on my experience, in F-16; or F-15E or any of our other fighter aircraft, would have limited effectiveness in dispersing a crowd or in an urban environment, especially with very little awareness.”
Source: Transcribed Interview with Congressional Staff, March 12, 2014

deal baby, deal.

There were also two AC-130 Spectre gunships on call within range of Benghazi, one of them 45 mins away at the Naval Air Station in Sigonella Sicily, the other was at Dijbouti six hours away

I know. The whole thing is a steaming pile of bullshit. The government has been covering shrilary's ass from the get go. We had a force in place that could have easily gotten to them. They were never sent. It's a fact that the progressive drones try and lie away but it is a well known fact.

deal baby, deal.

"The House Armed Services Committee, the independent Accountability Review Board, and the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence determined that no F-16s or other strike aircraft could have responded in time to save lives. AFRICOM Commander General Carter Ham, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Martin Dempsey, former Defense Secretary Robert Gates, and other military experts all explained that F-16s were not the appropriate military given the posture of the forces and the risks involved."

"Admiral Michael Mullen, Vice Chair of the independent Accountability Review Board and former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, testified repeatedly about how he personally examined this issue and determined that there was no ability to get an F-16 or another strike aircraft to Benghazi on the night of the attack. He explained that while “[t]here were plenty of assets moving” that night, there were “no planes sitting at the ready,” which meant that it would take “hours and hours” to get them combat-ready, including planning the mission, obtaining tanker support to fuel the planes, getting bomb racks, stetting the munitions, and getting permission from the host nation. He also added that NATO would not have been able to assist with the response, explaining: “I actually commanded NATO forces, and the likelihood that NATO could respond in a situation like that was absolutely zero.”
Source: Hearing of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, Sept. 19, 2013

"Brigadier General Scott Zobrist, who at the time was the Wing Commander of the 31st Fighter Wing at Aviano Air Base in northern Italy, and an experienced F-16 fighter pilot, told congressional staff that dispatching an unarmed fighter jet that night would have entailed an “incredible” risk and had the potential to “make the situation worse” because of the risk of a downed aircraft. He further explained: “I’m not sure that I would even, in my good military judgment, if I could let them do that. Nor do I think my commanders would ask me to do that because of the limitations, the probability of success would be so low and the risk would be so high.” He also explained his concerns about the effectiveness of using a strike aircraft in an urban environment at night to disperse a crowd, stating “from an F-16 pilot’s perspective, based on my experience, in F-16; or F-15E or any of our other fighter aircraft, would have limited effectiveness in dispersing a crowd or in an urban environment, especially with very little awareness.”

Is lying through their teeth. I have many friends in the military and they know the truth. And so do we. The government is covering fro shrilary and no matter what facts are presented you drones will ignore them. We get it. You don't care.

deal baby, deal.

Is lying through their teeth. I have many friends in the military and they know the truth. And so do we. The government is covering fro shrilary and no matter what facts are presented you drones will ignore them. We get it. You don't care.

"I have many friends in the military and they know the truth." Do you have any idea just how nutty that sounds? You obviously have your mind made up what's the point even discussing this with you? The tinfoil is wrapped so high you probably can't read a word said.

deal baby, deal.

"I have many friends in the military and they know the truth." Do you have any idea just how nutty that sounds? You obviously have your mind made up what's the point even discussing this with you? The tinfoil is wrapped so high you probably can't read a word said.

So what. It is a fact. One of them is with Delta. I guarantee you he knows more than you, or I do, about our capabilities. Yes, my mind is made up. So is yours. One thing that we do know, is there was a force in place that could have dealt with the attack. We KNOW this. What we don't know is why weren't they sent. We also know that the administration is covering shrilary's butt. We KNOW this.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out if you have a force in Italy, it's a mere three hours away to Benghazi. You're a propagandist. We also KNOW this to be true. So, stop wasting our time.

deal baby, deal.

So what. It is a fact. One of them is with Delta. I guarantee you he knows more than you, or I do, about our capabilities. Yes, my mind is made up. So is yours. One thing that we do know, is there was a force in place that could have dealt with the attack. We KNOW this. What we don't know is why weren't they sent. We also know that the administration is covering shrilary's butt. We KNOW this.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out if you have a force in Italy, it's a mere three hours away to Benghazi. You're a propagandist. We also KNOW this to be true. So, stop wasting our time.

What a croc. The flying time is 2 hours from Sigonella and fueling, getting a crew, planning the op, and fitting it with appropriate ammo is time consuming. The people in Benghazi were dead by the time anyone could have responded. End of story.

Should there been better preparedness? yes and that's the real story.

What a croc. The flying time is 2 hours from Sigonella and fueling, getting a crew, planning the op, and fitting it with appropriate ammo is time consuming. The people in Benghazi were dead by the time anyone could have responded. End of story.

lets say there was a QRA wing ready, and could be in the air in 5-10 minutes ... what do they do when they get there? Random bomb and rockets?
where was Stevens? in the middle of the shitheads that the planes were targeting ? wait for the contractors to get there so they could bomb them too?

do what, how. when, why?

only Bugs Bunny knows for sure.

lets say there was a QRA wing ready, and could be in the air in 5-10 minutes ... what do they do when they get there? Random bomb and rockets?
where was Stevens? in the middle of the shitheads that the planes were targeting ? wait for the contractors to get there so they could bomb them too?

do what, how. when, why?

They didn't have anybody with communication equipment to control the aircraft once they got there. What are they supposed to do drop ordnance next to the embassy and hope the fragmentation doesn't kill everybody?

do what, how. when, why?

They didn't have anybody with communication equipment to control the aircraft once they got there. What are they supposed to do drop ordnance next to the embassy and hope the fragmentation doesn't kill everybody?

or fly circles around the Annex while ragheads took pot shots at $25 million dollar fighter jets and brought one down.

call Delta.

LMAO

all you really need to know is Licky Retardo is a dumbass.

an F-22 has a 1600 NM range ... 1600 miles in 8 hours or 1600 miles before it runs out of fuel

Specifications · Lockheed Martin

oh yeah, it doesn't hurt to know there are other dumbasses who believe his bullshit.

have a nice evening, DUMBASSES.

You have a problem "rescuing" a dead Ambassador and his tiny security detail with a suicide mission? I was amazed to learn that the Sec of State can call for air strikes. Who knew? :dunno:

an F-22 has a 1600 NM range ... 1600 miles in 8 hours or 1600 miles before it runs out of fuel

oh yeah, it doesn't hurt to know there are other dumbasses who believe his bullshit.

You have a problem "rescuing" a dead Ambassador and his tiny security detail with a suicide mission? I was amazed to learn that the Sec of State can call for air strikes. Who knew? :dunno:

I do.

I do.

I don't. Last minute rescues sound good on TV but in the real world ...not so good. Rambo is a fictional character .. So are Chuck Norris's and Steven Seagal's. How long did it take to prep for the raid on Bin Ladin? Don't you think it is time to get over Benghazi? We can't prepare for EVERYTHING. Even Bush had lots of time to prevent 9/11 but chose to ignore the warnings. SHIT HAPPENS! Get the fuck over it!

Bullshit. They were fighting for a minimum of eight hours. Thanks for making it plain that there was at least a three hour window to deal with the situation.

Dumbass...

kc-46%20test
He said nothing about mid-air refueling in his dig...Stop covering the boi's azz...

do what, how. when, why?

In the two hours of flying time they gather what intel they can. They deploy a bridgehead on the ground away from that actual combat area. They then use their NODS to infiltrate in to the combat area. They engage the obvious targets, thus relieving the pressure on the defenders. The FO's on the ground, in concert with the defenders inside use the laser designator's to drop precision ordnance on the bigger assemblies of attackers, thus blowing them to hell, and then, under cover of the Spectre gunships, they rescue the
Ambassador and his security detail.

Easy? no. Of course not., But certainly possible.

Bullshit. They were fighting for a minimum of eight hours. Thanks for making it plain that there was at least a three hour window to deal with the situation.
Everyone who died did so in the first 4 1/2 hours. It was impossible to respond that quickly. Asked, answered, and published in not one, two congressional reports to the people.

Forum List

Back