You cannot help the poor by giving more tax cuts to the rich

What is "fair"?

Let's start with a premise: Taxes are a pain.
Add to that another premise: Taxes are needed.
We've arrived at taxes being a "needed pain"
Keep going. We ought to exact the same amount of pain from everyone.

Ok. There you go. That's progressive taxation in a nutshell.

50$ for a homeless man, who makes 100$ month (let's say) is a lot more painful than to a rich man who makes $50,000 a month.

Let's exact the same level of pain from everyone.

Is profit evil? Nope. I love me some profit. I love having money to save/splurge on. But with more money comes more opportunity. With more opportunity comes the means of capitalizing on things that people without capital can't. It's an advantage. An advantage achieved through hard work of course, but an advantage nonetheless.

You want to talk about being fair? The leverage that someone gets because they were born to money or can bring pressure to bear on others (me being in both categories mind you) isn't fair. But life isn't fair.

So we're back to helping the poor through the government because life isn't fair.

So what does this mean? You want government to control outcomes or you realize that's really just economic oppression?

What we really need is what the founders gave us. Freedom of opportunity.

Sure Joe Blow from across the tracks is going to have to work harder to make it in the world, than Favored Son, who was born to money.

But nothing is keeping Joe Blow from across the tracks from working as hard as he choses to make it in the world.

Making life "fair" is just liberal for controlling all outcomes. Another phrase that describes that, is goodbye freedom.

So...the ditch digger deserves to suffer more than the CEO because he's a lesser person or something? That can't be right.

Are you 13 or something?

How much value to a company or even a society is the CEO compared to a ditch digger?

How many people does a ditch digger employ compared with the CEO?

How much education and hard work was it for the CEO to rise to that position, as compared with the ditch digger?

There is a value on every job. They are NOT the same. It is simplistic and infantile to not recognize this.

If you don't like this, don't seek to be a ditch digger. Work hard, get an education, and seek to rise to the level of the CEO.

But don't whine because the ditch digger isn't getting paid like the CEO. You don't know how much hard work the CEO put into rising to where he is. You just assume it's all easy out of your own ignorance.

Who in the HELL said that we are whining because a ditch digger isn't getting paid like a CEO? no one other than you guys going overboard with your usual Rhetoric. That's bullshit. No one on the Progressive side has ever said, implied, or even THINKS that.

However, Ditch Diggers have families to raise, bills to pay and all the NEEDS that a CEO has. Why shouldn't they make enough to be able to so? THAT'S what we are saying.

What is "fair"?

50$ for a homeless man, who makes 100$ month (let's say) is a lot more painful than to a rich man who makes $50,000 a month.

Is profit evil? Nope. I love me some profit. I love having money to save/splurge on. But with more money comes more opportunity. With more opportunity comes the means of capitalizing on things that people without capital can't. It's an advantage. An advantage achieved through hard work of course, but an advantage nonetheless.

You want to talk about being fair? The leverage that someone gets because they were born to money or can bring pressure to bear on others (me being in both categories mind you) isn't fair. But life isn't fair.

So we're back to helping the poor through the government because life isn't fair.

So what does this mean? You want government to control outcomes or you realize that's really just economic oppression?

Sure Joe Blow from across the tracks is going to have to work harder to make it in the world, than Favored Son, who was born to money.

But nothing is keeping Joe Blow from across the tracks from working as hard as he choses to make it in the world.

Making life "fair" is just liberal for controlling all outcomes. Another phrase that describes that, is goodbye freedom.

And when Joe Blow Crosses the tracks? he'll pay in the same fashion. What is "goodbye Freedom" is to pander to our wealthiest and tell our poorest to go scratch their asses. Tell me, is that the way you REALLY want it... an Oligarchy? A Plutocracy? Where the rich make all the rules and everyone else is subject to them? That's exactly what it seems like to me.

So...the ditch digger deserves to suffer more than the CEO because he's a lesser person or something? That can't be right.

Are you 13 or something?

How much value to a company or even a society is the CEO compared to a ditch digger?

How much education and hard work was it for the CEO to rise to that position, as compared with the ditch digger?

There is a value on every job. They are NOT the same. It is simplistic and infantile to not recognize this.

If you don't like this, don't seek to be a ditch digger. Work hard, get an education, and seek to rise to the level of the CEO.

But don't whine because the ditch digger isn't getting paid like the CEO. You don't know how much hard work the CEO put into rising to where he is. You just assume it's all easy out of your own ignorance.

Who in the HELL said that we are whining because a ditch digger isn't getting paid like a CEO? no one other than you guys going overboard with your usual Rhetoric. That's bullshit. No one on the Progressive side has ever said, implied, or even THINKS that.

However, Ditch Diggers have families to raise, bills to pay and all the NEEDS that a CEO has. Why shouldn't they make enough to be able to so? THAT'S what we are saying.
Because digging ditches is not very valuable to the economy.

What is "fair"?

And when Joe Blow Crosses the tracks? he'll pay in the same fashion. What is "goodbye Freedom" is to pander to our wealthiest and tell our poorest to go scratch their asses. Tell me, is that the way you REALLY want it... an Oligarchy? A Plutocracy? Where the rich make all the rules and everyone else is subject to them? That's exactly what it seems like to me.
So without the government everyone will shun the poor? I think you need a history lesson on civil society and private charity in America. Doctor seven used to charge poorer patients less, without government intervention at all.

"Now, as far as our educational system... Once again... you cut it down to the local level... your local taxes are going to be so high, that you will wish you would have just shut your mouth about it. Do you have any idea what it costs to run a School District? You take that down to a local level and you will either A. Have a poor education to offer your communities' children... or B. Have taxes so high that no one can afford them."

I find your logic to be quite bizarre, Steelplate. For some reason you believe that eliminating the Federal Government's overseeing of education would raise the cost to local taxpayers? How exactly? It would be one thing if locals weren't supporting the Federal Government's tab for education but quite obviously they are. So how would eliminating the Education Department increase overall costs to locals? Do you not grasp the concept that every layer of bureaucracy that is added costs more money not less? Do you not understand that returning education to local control would mean that the 77.3 billion dollars we currently spend on the Department of Education could be returned to local school systems? Do you not understand that massive costs incurred because of Federal red tape would be eliminated?

Are you 13 or something?

So fuck them right? In fact, fuck anyone who works with the strengths of their back and the sweat of their brow... if they are too fucking stupid to go to college and be a businessman... they don't deserve a decent wage and have a decent life....Do you realize that not everyone CAN be what you think are "worthy" occupations? Do you realize how many people out there fall into the category of "blue Collar" workers? Do you realize how much you marginalize a huge majority of our citizens? And you have the nerve to call it class warfare when we point these things out? Yeah... there is class warfare... but it's coming from the "haves" not the have nots.

I think it's bullshit that you guys want most of our country to go into virtual slavery because you don't think they deserve anything better... and then complain that the economy is going to shit. Hint: People who have money... spend money... people who spend money, stimulate the economy. There's no way to have a strong economy when you insist on a downward spiral of our working and middle class... they ARE the economy.

Are you 13 or something?

Where is it written that you are owed enough money to pay your bills?

Where is it written you are owned ANYTHING????

You know when I was first married, I lost my job because I got pregnant and my boss laid me off because he didn't carry maternity insurance, so he found an excuse real quick to get rid of me.

I was making more than hubby at the time, so it put us in a real lurch.

On top of it, my doctor ordered bed rest (for me) because I was having trouble with the pregnancy. Bad news. I couldn't work.

Did we go to the government? Did we say, "my husband's wage isn't enough to pay our bills and raise our family?"

No. I lost my job, his job didn't make enough, a baby is on the way, so he took on a second job, and sometimes a third job, so we could survive and support the kid.

We didn't get an abortion, cry that the world owed us something, or any of the other solutions liberals think are "reasonable."

That's what you do in the real world, because the world doesn't owe you a damn thing.

Get off your ass, quit whining and pay your own damn bills.

"Now, as far as our educational system... Once again... you cut it down to the local level... your local taxes are going to be so high, that you will wish you would have just shut your mouth about it. Do you have any idea what it costs to run a School District? You take that down to a local level and you will either A. Have a poor education to offer your communities' children... or B. Have taxes so high that no one can afford them."

I find your logic to be quite bizarre, Steelplate. For some reason you believe that eliminating the Federal Government's overseeing of education would raise the cost to local taxpayers? How exactly? It would be one thing if locals weren't supporting the Federal Government's tab for education but quite obviously they are. So how would eliminating the Education Department increase overall costs to locals? Do you not grasp the concept that every layer of bureaucracy that is added costs more money not less? Do you not understand that returning education to local control would mean that the 77.3 billion dollars we currently spend on the Department of Education could be returned to local school systems? Do you not understand that massive costs incurred because of Federal red tape would be eliminated?
To add to that, the costs of education have increased since the introduction of the Department of Education.

"Same goes for your fire protection, your police force, the people that take care of your roads and bridges. You guys seem to have this simplistic view of taxation and only seem to focus on the Federal Income Tax... but that Federal Income tax helps every State in the Union and every Community in each state."

Once again, Steelplate...you seem oblivious to the fact that locals have to contribute to the Federal Government BEFORE they can be "helped" in return. So what you're doing is taking local money...sending it to Washington where it's run through a completely wasteful and inefficient bureaucracy...before sending what's left back to where it started to "help" the locals. Does that in any way make sense to you?

What is "fair"?

Well who cares how it seems to you?

I don't think you sound very mature. My guess is, you are in high school (I would be sad for our education system if you were actually in college), have never worked in the real world and have no damn clue how it really works.

Your head is full of BS from marxist teachers(profs?) and you think you sound smart, when the real adults in the room think you sound like the clueless child you are.

But there is no such thing as fair, kid. And any attempt by government to make it "fair" always ends in disaster.

No matter how many times it has been tried from the French Revolution to utopian experiments to communism, it has never succeded. It ends in disaster.

No matter how you rail, it still boils down to you whining that you think it's "unfair" that there are people out there with more money than you.

Well boo freaking hoo, kid. Welcome to reality.

All the "social justice" in the world isn't going to change that, and the real clue to how phony the attempts to make it "fair" truly are is you look how rich those pandering in "social justice" become.

They profit off the whole system, while they fill the ignorant with dreams that one day it will all be fair. It never happens.

You're getting scammed with that crap. Trust me.

Are you 13 or something?

Exactly right. As I pointed out, the CEO is going to employ far more people and create far more wealth for this economy, than the guy who's digging a ditch.

:clap2:

So without the government everyone will shun the poor? I think you need a history lesson on civil society and private charity in America. Doctor seven used to charge poorer patients less, without government intervention at all.

I think you overestimate the present situation. All I see and hear from you and people like is a fuck you attitude. In truth, I don't believe you speaking ill of everyone that doesn't meet your suitability requirements and then say "charity" will make up the difference. I think it's all a bunch of bullshit so that you guys can get your way. I think your true colors are the "I got mine, go get your own/why should I have to pay" attitude that your side shows on a continual basis and have no real intention of helping anyone out but yourselves.

I don't think you sound very mature. My guess is, you are in high school (I would be sad for our education system if you were actually in college), have never worked in the real world and have no damn clue how it really works.

Your head is full of BS from marxist teachers(profs?) and you think you sound smart, when the real adults in the room think you sound like the clueless child you are.

But there is no such thing as fair, kid. And any attempt by government to make it "fair" always ends in disaster.

No matter how many times it has been tried from the French Revolution to utopian experiments to communism, it has never succeded. It ends in disaster.

No matter how you rail, it still boils down to you whining that you think it's "unfair" that there are people out there with more money than you.

All the "social justice" in the world isn't going to change that, and the real clue to how phony the attempts to make it "fair" truly are is you look how rich those pandering in "social justice" become.

They profit off the whole system, while they fill the ignorant with dreams that one day it will all be fair. It never happens.

You are a complete moron. I am 46 years old and have been working with the developmentally disabled for 23 years... between my wife and I, we make about $100k(give or take a few thousand, depending on Overtime). I never went to College, But have put one through and our daughter is starting in the fall. So fuck you and your "you're jealous of the rich" bullshit.

What do you do? I have a feeling you are a 20-something, who upon starting life in the real world.. looked at his paycheck and doesn't like paying taxes... even that pesky medicare and Social Security tax that will benefit you when you get old... IF YOU DEMAND THAT IT GETS DONE... but no... you're willing to throw your grandparents and parents under the bus because you don't want to pay for them like they did for theirs... You, and your brethren sound like spoiled brats who only care about themselves.

Don't like taxes? Welcome to REALITY.

So fuck them right? In fact, fuck anyone who works with the strengths of their back and the sweat of their brow... if they are too fucking stupid to go to college and be a businessman... they don't deserve a decent wage and have a decent life....Do you realize that not everyone CAN be what you think are "worthy" occupations? Do you realize how many people out there fall into the category of "blue Collar" workers? Do you realize how much you marginalize a huge majority of our citizens? And you have the nerve to call it class warfare when we point these things out? Yeah... there is class warfare... but it's coming from the "haves" not the have nots.

I think it's bullshit that you guys want most of our country to go into virtual slavery because you don't think they deserve anything better... and then complain that the economy is going to shit. Hint: People who have money... spend money... people who spend money, stimulate the economy. There's no way to have a strong economy when you insist on a downward spiral of our working and middle class... they ARE the economy.

I think it's BS you think you are owed more than you are worth.

Let's put it this way.

Say you go for a ditch digger job. And the job pays Ten dollars an hour. But YOU want 15 dollars an hour to do the job.

You have two choices. You demand they pay you the extra five dollars an hour or you quit and try to find a job that will pay you that wage.

Now the employer has two choices. He can decide that you are worth that extra five dollars an hour, because you are a good worker and worth keeping or he can say "Quit, I can always hire someone else willing to work for 10 dollars an hour."

So, your wage is not made from any "unfair" arbitrary rule. It's comes from the marketplace, and competition for that job.

Anyone with a strong back can dig a ditch. No everyone can run a company.

THUS, the value of that CEO to a company is going to be a lot more than someone who digs a ditch.

That's just reality.

If you don't think that's fair, well grow up and join the real world. But it isn't going to change just because you don't think it's fair.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

"I think your true colors are the "I got mine, go get your own/why should I have to pay" attitude that your side shows on a continual basis and have no real intention of helping anyone out but yourselves."

What you blissfully ignore with a statement like that, Steelplate is that in order to "get mine", I had to either risk capital or put forth labor in order to create what is "mine". Since I've done that what right does someone who has done neither of those things, have to demand that those who have, "help" them?

I know that to progressives like yourself such a concept is "selfish" but who in reality is the selfish one here...myself, for wanting to keep what I've worked so hard for...or the person who hasn't worked at all, yet feels entitled to part of what I've earned?

I think you overestimate the present situation. All I see and hear from you and people like is a fuck you attitude. In truth, I don't believe you speaking ill of everyone that doesn't meet your suitability requirements and then say "charity" will make up the difference. I think it's all a bunch of bullshit so that you guys can get your way. I think your true colors are the "I got mine, go get your own/why should I have to pay" attitude that your side shows on a continual basis and have no real intention of helping anyone out but yourselves.

It still boils down to, you want money that does not belong to you, because of your skewed view of fair.

You have no clue how much people give to charity.

There is a reason that red states are found to give more to the poor than blue states.

Blue states think the government is the way to care for the poor.

No surprise, that the inner city blue states, is where you see the most poverty and the worst schools.

You are a complete moron. I am 46 years old and have been working with the developmentally disabled for 23 years... between my wife and I, we make about $100k(give or take a few thousand, depending on Overtime). I never went to College, But have put one through and our daughter is starting in the fall. So fuck you and your "you're jealous of the rich" bullshit.

What do you do? I have a feeling you are a 20-something, who upon starting life in the real world.. looked at his paycheck and doesn't like paying taxes... even that pesky medicare and Social Security tax that will benefit you when you get old... IF YOU DEMAND THAT IT GETS DONE... but no... you're willing to throw your grandparents and parents under the bus because you don't want to pay for them like they did for theirs... You, and your brethren sound like spoiled brats who only care about themselves.

Don't like taxes? Welcome to REALITY.

If you are telling the truth, I think it's really sad that you could be that old, and be so woefully ignorant of how our economy works.

It sounds to me like you work for the government, and thus do NOT work in the private sector, so you have no understanding of it.

Like college profs who constantly preach about the private sector, yet they have never worked in it themselves.

BTW, ignoramous. Don't like taxes? THAT'S HOW THIS COUNTRY WAS BORN, MORON!

YOU HAVE to work for government. You can't get that ignorant in the real world.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

"I think your true colors are the "I got mine, go get your own/why should I have to pay" attitude that your side shows on a continual basis and have no real intention of helping anyone out but yourselves."

What you blissfully ignore with a statement like that, Steelplate is that in order to "get mine", I had to either risk capital or put forth labor in order to create what is "mine". Since I've done that what right does someone who has done neither of those things, have to demand that those who have, "help" them?

I know that to progressives like yourself such a concept is "selfish" but who in reality is the selfish one here...myself, for wanting to keep what I've worked so hard for...or the person who hasn't worked at all, yet feels entitled to part of what I've earned?

mr strawman... ditchdiggers don't put forth labor? No one in this part of the thread even mentioned welfare. In fact... I think people who are on Welfare benefits ought to work for those benefits... read back a page or three.. I have a long post explaining my rationale. Most people work and work hard for their paychecks. Most people are struggling just to keep a roof over their heads and their kids fed. Their wages have stagnated while costs have gone up... they have had their jobs outsourced to the point where a former factory worker making a decent wage is now working at a Convenience store for minimum wage.

I'm not talking about people who don't or have never worked... I am talking about people who can't make ends meet with the jobs they have. Like I said before.. Not everyone can be a businessman or a professional. In fact... most people(as a percentage of the population) can't. To think they can is a "let them eat cake" philosophy. Oh... don't like working for 7-11? Go to college and make something of yourself... except the person has an average IQ with poor book smarts?... too bad, you're screwed.

Forum List

Back