You can't be president until you are 35. Is it time to have an upper limit on age?

Robert W

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 9, 2022
Here I am almost 86 and quite lucid and intelligent. But I bring up Presidents age.
Presidents are banned from being president until they are 35. Why this age? I believe the founders believed at 35 you can take on hard tasks. Presidents do not become presidents by accident. They live with goals and plans all over the place they intend to try. Failed candidates got there by having clear plans. They failed but not because they lacked goals and plans.

How about dealing with advanced age? I know that waking up daily is wonderful. I would be stupid not to think of dying. I don't focus on this. But it is a fact of how humans end up at the end. They die.

Think of presidents who have died in office. To replace say FDR with Truman meant Truman was not up to speed on what FDR was. They put less trust in VPs than commonly believed.

Is it time to have an upper limit for presidents as to age?
I want to hear from serious posters.

Here I am almost 86 and quite lucid and intelligent. But I bring up Presidents age.
Presidents are banned from being president until they are 35. Why this age? I believe the founders believed at 35 you can take on hard tasks. Presidents do not become presidents by accident. They live with goals and plans all over the place they intend to try. Failed candidates got there by having clear plans. They failed but not because they lacked goals and plans.

How about dealing with advanced age? I know that waking up daily is wonderful. I would be stupid not to think of dying. I don't focus on this. But it is a fact of how humans end up at the end. They die.

Think of presidents who have died in office. To replace say FDR with Truman meant Truman was not up to speed on what FDR was. They put less trust in VPs than commonly believed.

“Quite lucid and “intelligent”

Bwahahaha

1719598278841.png

It would require a Constitutional amendment. See Article 5 USSC.

No, but political parties need to be more responsible, than running two old geezers, where neither may be up to the job, for the length of the term.

No, but political parties need to be more responsible, than running two old geezers, where neither may be up to the job, for the length of the term.
I spent well over 50 years discussing old geezers. Woke up to learn I am one. I have no regrets for my life at all. Well I would want to be like Elon Musk. Or Bill Gates or Warren Buffett. But those men had excellent plans. They had goals. They put a lot of effort into getting their goals to come true. Why is the term Geezer around? Is Biden a Geezer?

Age should not be a factor but required health test both physical and mental by the party leadership should be.
When would those tests start? Trump was tested at times. Biden I hear has avoided them.

I spent well over 50 years discussing old geezers. Woke up to learn I am one. I have no regrets for my life at all. Well I would want to be like Elon Musk. Or Bill Gates or Warren Buffett. But those men had excellent plans. They had goals. They put a lot of effort into getting their goals to come true. Why is the term Geezer around? Is Biden a Geezer?
Yes. Joe is a Geezer, just as Trump and you (self admitted) and unfortunately me, though the benefits are great if you retire early and enjoy it.

Yes. Joe is a Geezer, just as Trump and you (self admitted) and unfortunately me, though the benefits are great if you retire early and enjoy it.

Just found out -- That 'Debate' last night??

It was a Cheap Fake Video. I know. CNN told me.

What age does a person become a geezer? I have no clue. It is not a thing I ever pondered.

Forum List

Back