You explain it to me, because I don't understand

This young girl will eventually mature & get her right to make her own decisions. The male who got her pregnant never gets any rights to prevent the killing of his child or to terminate her pregnancy or not have to pay child support.

Last edited:
She is looking to her future, wanting a better life, and a bunch of people who don't know her, or anything about her, think they have the right to control her uterus.

Its bullshit.

Her parents & the judges know her & are still molding her until she is an adult. They know way more about her than some activist or journalist does. They also have the right to control her & her entire body until she is of legal age.

Her parents? They aren't her parents. And they are not making a decision based on knowing HER, they are using their religion essentially against her.

In her shoes, I'd throw myself down the stairs until I wasn't pregnant anymore.

No, I'm not kidding. A woman who doesn't wish to be pregnant will go to any lengths to end the pregnancy, just as a woman who wants to be pregnant will go to any lengths to stay that way.

She is looking to her future, wanting a better life, and a bunch of people who don't know her, or anything about her, think they have the right to control her uterus.

Its bullshit.

Her parents & the judges know her & are still molding her until she is an adult. They know way more about her than some activist or journalist does. They also have the right to control her & her entire body until she is of legal age.

Her parents? They aren't her parents. And they are not making a decision based on knowing HER, they are using their religion essentially against her.

it doesnt look that way

have you read the actual case or just going by what KOS says

http://www.supremecourt.ne.gov/sites/supremecourt.ne.gov/files/sc/opinions/s13-510009.pdf

http://www.supremecourt.ne.gov/sites/supremecourt.ne.gov/files/sc/opinions/s13-510009.pdf

Generally, an abortion cannot be performed upon an
unemancipated pregnant woman under 18 years of age unless
a physician obtains the notarized written consent of both the
pregnant woman and one of her parents or a legal guardian.1

This proceeding was instituted under the provisions of Neb.
Rev. Stat. § 71-6901 et seq. (Cum. Supp. 2012) by a pregnant
16-year-old (petitioner) seeking authorization for an abortion
without consent of a parent or guardian. The district court
denied her request, and pursuant to the expedited procedures
1 Neb. Rev. Stat. § 71-6902 (Cum. Supp. 2012).Nebraska advaNce sheets
IN RE PETITION OF ANONYMOUS 5 643
Cite as 286 Neb. 640
outlined in § 71-6904, she appeals to this court. Because
we determine that petitioner did not establish by clear and
convincing evidence that she is a victim of abuse or neglect
under § 71-6903(3) or that she is sufficiently mature and well
informed to decide on her own whether to have an abortion, we
affirm the judgment of the district court.

comment

Thank you Jon for the link....................

The courts are there to interpret the law. According to the law, they are correct. They do not have the right to pick and choose which laws they can agree with or disagree with. They simply pass judgement BASED ON THE LAW.

Which they have done.....................

No, I'm not kidding. A woman who doesn't wish to be pregnant will go to any lengths to end the pregnancy, just as a woman who wants to be pregnant will go to any lengths to stay that way.

In which case, being a ward of the state or under Foster Care you would be admitted to a Psych ward for your own protection to prevent yourself from doing bodily harm to yourself.

The law in this case is clear. The Courts uphold the law, and that's the deal.

Cite as 286 Neb. 640

comment

anytime

it always helps to have the actual case

not some blog sites version of it

In which case, being a ward of the state or under Foster Care you would be admitted to a Psych ward for your own protection to prevent yourself from doing bodily harm to yourself.

The law in this case is clear. The Courts uphold the law, and that's the deal.

Right. Like anybody attempting to end a pregnancy would do so with an audience.

Cite as 286 Neb. 640

comment

anytime

it always helps to have the actual case

not some blog sites version of it

Thank you for not being a dick about this. I appreciate it.

that is why there are adoption agencies if the legal guardians choose not to take in the baby

Also the baby's father is probably wanting the child, or the baby's grand parents aunt's or uncle's. The fact is she is a ward of her parents or the state & does not have rights to her body yet. They could strap her to a bed in a rubber room until the baby is born.

that is why there are adoption agencies if the legal guardians choose not to take in the baby

Also the baby's father is probably wanting the child, or the baby's grand parents aunt's or uncle's. The fact is she is a ward of her parents or the state & does not have rights to her body yet. They could strap her to a bed in a rubber room until the baby is born.

"The baby's father is probably wanting the child?" Who is ready to parent at that age??

Reading that article I was reminded of an episode of 'Criminal Minds' where a young, unwed mother dies in childbirth and her self-righteous and abusive parents beat their unwanted grandson in to a very successful serial killer.

It's fiction, I know, but weird.

Reading that article I was reminded of an episode of 'Criminal Minds' where a young, unwed mother dies in childbirth and her self-righteous and abusive parents beat their unwanted grandson in to a very successful serial killer.

It's fiction, I know, but weird.

Reminds me of my sister's son, they told her either she gave him up for adoption, or to them to raise.

This offer was not made until she gave birth to a son. She accepted.

Knowing how badly we were all abused, my sister couldn't take it anymore. When he was two and-a-half, she took him back.

Some abuse had already transpired, but I believe she spared him the brunt of it.

if a 16 yo is not mature enough to consent for sex with a 20 yo ( an example) and the 20 yo will be charged with statutory rape because of having sex with a "minor" - she is not mature enough to decide the murder of her baby.

"The baby's father is probably wanting the child?" Who is ready to parent at that age??

stop your immature projection on the whole world. If YOU were not ready at that age to parent, that does not mean everybody is not ready.

and not everybody is raised up in an abusive home with abusive parents - stop projecting your own experience on everybody around.

Forum List

Back