"You have humiliated us"

Why do people who no longer work in the intelligence community need security clearance? I have seen this question asked by many different people but I have yet to see a good reason given for them to have it. If you work at a company in the private sector and have access to highly sensitive company information it's highly unlikely they will let you continue to have access to it when you leave the company.
Purging your military and or intelligence services of the best sources of empirical experience, advisors, and consultants for politicals is just stupid.

Purge? Overreact much? We're talking about two guys here, neither of whom have exactly covered themselves with respectability or trustworthiness of late.

Contemplate the possibility of not being so obsessed with your TDS.
You guys are a hoot. The biggest story in rhe news with major national security implications and agreeing with wirh rhe national intel and military communities about Trump's disgraceful and dangerous position on rhe topic is a sign of derangement in rhe Trump cult world. Your excuse and defense for the traitor Trump are to call his critics deranged.

Except a left loon started this thread

Lol....loon

Why do people who no longer work in the intelligence community need security clearance? I have seen this question asked by many different people but I have yet to see a good reason given for them to have it. If you work at a company in the private sector and have access to highly sensitive company information it's highly unlikely they will let you continue to have access to it when you leave the company.
Purging your military and or intelligence services of the best sources of empirical experience, advisors, and consultants for politicals is just stupid.

Purge? Overreact much? We're talking about two guys here, neither of whom have exactly covered themselves with respectability or trustworthiness of late.

You guys are a hoot. The biggest story in rhe news with major national security implications and agreeing with wirh rhe national intel and military communities about Trump's disgraceful and dangerous position on rhe topic is a sign of derangement in rhe Trump cult world. Your excuse and defense for the traitor Trump are to call his critics deranged.

They are deranged, no doubt about it at all. TDS is a contagious mental disease that progressive liberal pukes are born with.

The real TDS is those that support anything and everything Trump does regardless of how petty and vindictive. :(

He's retired, he doesn't need clearance, revoke it
Why?

Using this as an intimidation tactic to silence critics is disturbing.
Quit or get fired from your job tomorrow and see if you get to keep the keys to the building,
When I had a security clearance, and left that job, the clearance stayed with me until it expired and would have been renewed.

People seem to be confused about what a security clearance means. It is not the keys to the building. Have a clearance does not give you the ability to demand access to anything.

That's nice. Do you recall ever having it explained to you that they could and would revoke your clearance if they chose to, and that it was a courtesy and privilege they were extending, not something you had a right to?
YES but removal when an illegal act was committed NOT TO BE USED AS A POLITICAL TOOL

Exactly.

He was not purged his appointment ended and he was replaced by Mike Pompeo and he has now moved on to a TV gig which he does not need a security clearance to do. If people who serve in military and or intelligence services can not put their personal feelings towards the President they serve aside they don't need to be there doesn't matter who the President is.
He has been purged from rhe list of consultants and advisors list available for currently serving officials.
Which any President has the right to do and given he can't put his personal feelings about Trump aside any advice he would give is likely to be biased so he doesn't need the clearance.
Don't any of you dumb f-ers get it ?? He's getting rid of all that can hurt him or testify against him Look at the list ,,,He learned nothing from Nixon and his enemies list
He's getting rid of the criminals.
Everything you people whine about consists of Trump applying the law.

Like that day you thought that there were 4 million klansmen in the country.

And your own link said 5 to 8 k, just like I said.

ANd instead of being happy that the nation was far less racist than you thought, you were angry?

Dude. YOu are the one who gets slapped around here.

Because liberalism is WRONG.
BUT not all wrong A full dose of what you believe in might be wrong too We need a bit of each and non partisanship to make America work The way it's going now with this divider in the WH ,,our ship be sinking

I'm don't see how we can work together when your side is constantly smearing us as Nazis and WHite Supremacists.

That is not a prelude to cooperation, that is a prelude to oppression and/or war.
again I must agree BUT there must be some reason those types you speak of gravitate to Republicans side

And just like that, you drop talk of cooperation and non-partisanship to change the subject to attacking and smearing us.

Yep, that talk lasted whole minutes.

lol!!

Don't ever whine about us not working with you.
Not my fault you can't see the obvious Are you saying the racists KKKers the nazi's favor the Dem party?

I have no idea what party the nazis favor. I don't care, there are not enough of them to matter.

Now, Antifa, BLM, black supremacists, La Raza, actual Marxists,they are a force to be reckoned with and they are drawn to your party.

He's retired, he doesn't need clearance, revoke it
Why?

Using this as an intimidation tactic to silence critics is disturbing.
Quit or get fired from your job tomorrow and see if you get to keep the keys to the building,
When I had a security clearance, and left that job, the clearance stayed with me until it expired and would have been renewed.

People seem to be confused about what a security clearance means. It is not the keys to the building. Have a clearance does not give you the ability to demand access to anything.

That's nice. Do you recall ever having it explained to you that they could and would revoke your clearance if they chose to, and that it was a courtesy and privilege they were extending, not something you had a right to?
YES but removal when an illegal act was committed NOT TO BE USED AS A POLITICAL TOOL

I dont peopme understand the diffetence. Or they dont want to.

Actually, it's the insistence on seeing "the biggest story in the news with national security implications" as "Trump's just trying to silence his critics" that is a sign of Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Btw, if you can see any way in which "you can't have access to secure information" somehow translates into "silencing" - or any way in which Brennan HAS been silenced, since he's running his mouth everywhere, as far as I can see - then I'd really appreciate it if you'd explain it to me.

BUT not all wrong A full dose of what you believe in might be wrong too We need a bit of each and non partisanship to make America work The way it's going now with this divider in the WH ,,our ship be sinking

I'm don't see how we can work together when your side is constantly smearing us as Nazis and WHite Supremacists.

That is not a prelude to cooperation, that is a prelude to oppression and/or war.
again I must agree BUT there must be some reason those types you speak of gravitate to Republicans side

And just like that, you drop talk of cooperation and non-partisanship to change the subject to attacking and smearing us.

Yep, that talk lasted whole minutes.

lol!!

Don't ever whine about us not working with you.
Not my fault you can't see the obvious Are you saying the racists KKKers the nazi's favor the Dem party?

I have no idea what party the nazis favor. I don't care, there are not enough of them to matter.

Now, Antifa, BLM, black supremacists, La Raza, actual Marxists,they are a force to be reckoned with and they are drawn to your party.
And their party rewards, encourages, and funds them.

There is no reason for the retired admiral to have a security clearance

wrong again, punk. :itsok:

At the Cabinet level, it’s very common for former secretaries and CIA, NSA directors to maintain their clearances because they’re brought in as advisers, for use in their experience and knowledge.

There’s 13 adjudicative guidelines, A through M, that set forth the disqualifying conditions that would justify denial or revocation. None of them involve political views.

President Donald Trump is considering revoking the security clearances of former top intelligence and law enforcement officials, all of whom just happen to be critics of the administration.

An expert on Trump’s threat to revoke clearances: it’ll "set back the entire security establishment"

39190037_2255949967831378_3042284799302565888_n.png

Ret. Navy Admiral to Trump: ‘I Would Consider It an Honor if You Would Revoke My Security Clearance’
McRaven-4.jpg

a Washington Post op-ed Thursday afternoon. Few Americans have done more to protect this country than John. He is a man of unparalleled integrity, whose honesty and character have never been in question, except by those who don’t know him."

ADVERTISING
McRaven gave 37 years of his life to the Navy before retiring in 2014 with the honor of being the longest serving Navy SEAL to still be on duty.

"Therefore, I would consider it an honor if you would revoke my security clearance as well, so I can add my name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency," McRaven continues.

Admiral McRaven also served as the first director of the NATO Special Operations Forces Coordination Centre (NSCC), and ninth commander of the United States Special Operations Command, and just retired as chancellor of the University of Texas System.

"Through your actions, you have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation," the Admiral continues. "If you think for a moment that your McCarthy-era tactics will suppress the voices of criticism, you are sadly mistaken."

The Post includes this short clip of McRaven calling Trump's attack on the free press as "the enemy of the American people," possibly "the greatest threat to democracy" in his lifetime.

Revoke his security clearance and move on. No one would give a sh!t.....

The difference between this retired military veteran who served his country for 37 years and Brennan is that this military veteran was not caught committing Perjury - lying to Congress - on 2 separate occasions, he did not illegally spy on US citizens / reporters / the media / US Senators / USSC Justices, did not brief members of Congress on an unverified document - which was falsely claimed to have been verified - bought from foreign spies and Russians and provided to the FBI and CIA, never was part of any Secret Society in league to alter the outcome of an election, was never part of a Conspiracy, and always served his country 1st above anything else.....unlike Brennan.

The real TDS is those that support anything and everything Trump does regardless of how petty and vindictive. :(

No, the real TDS is those that see anything less than criticism and vituperation as "supporting anything and everything Trump does regardless of how petty and vindictive".

Thanks. You just proved in one short post that your position is extreme, overreactive, and totally irrational.

Ret. Navy Admiral to Trump: ‘I Would Consider It an Honor if You Would Revoke My Security Clearance’
McRaven-4.jpg

a Washington Post op-ed Thursday afternoon. Few Americans have done more to protect this country than John. He is a man of unparalleled integrity, whose honesty and character have never been in question, except by those who don’t know him."

ADVERTISING
McRaven gave 37 years of his life to the Navy before retiring in 2014 with the honor of being the longest serving Navy SEAL to still be on duty.

"Therefore, I would consider it an honor if you would revoke my security clearance as well, so I can add my name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency," McRaven continues.

Admiral McRaven also served as the first director of the NATO Special Operations Forces Coordination Centre (NSCC), and ninth commander of the United States Special Operations Command, and just retired as chancellor of the University of Texas System.

"Through your actions, you have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation," the Admiral continues. "If you think for a moment that your McCarthy-era tactics will suppress the voices of criticism, you are sadly mistaken."

The Post includes this short clip of McRaven calling Trump's attack on the free press as "the enemy of the American people," possibly "the greatest threat to democracy" in his lifetime.
I keep wondering how the left keeps digging up these people with unparalleled integrity...(James Comey) ...only to discover later the guy is a closeted butt-pirate, or has a skeleton in his closet.

It is clear from what this fucker said that he's a liar.

He was not purged his appointment ended and he was replaced by Mike Pompeo and he has now moved on to a TV gig which he does not need a security clearance to do. If people who serve in military and or intelligence services can not put their personal feelings towards the President they serve aside they don't need to be there doesn't matter who the President is.
He has been purged from rhe list of consultants and advisors list available for currently serving officials.
Which any President has the right to do and given he can't put his personal feelings about Trump aside any advice he would give is likely to be biased so he doesn't need the clearance.
Don't any of you dumb f-ers get it ?? He's getting rid of all that can hurt him or testify against him Look at the list ,,,He learned nothing from Nixon and his enemies list
He's getting rid of the criminals.
Everything you people whine about consists of Trump applying the law.
No, he is trying to demonize American proven patriots who are calling him out for being a selfish immature weak jerk.

Agree or disagree, you gotta admire the man's integrity. How many punks have shot their big mouths off here over the past year about how much they now hate America and want to live somewhere else but never come anywhere close to having the balls to follow through. This man has put his money where his mouth is and whatever your political leanings or feelings about this President you have to admire the iron in this man who devoted so much of his life to serving our country with his ass rather than just his words on the line. Would that every big mouth here could say as much (including me).

This isn't about his service, it's about him making politics out of it.

They may also be worried about Trump's mental stability as well as his creating division in this country like we've never seen before.

We’ve seen it before.

And you have to be a little crazy to want to be President.

McRaven-4.jpg

ADVERTISING

I keep wondering how the left keeps digging up these people with unparalleled integrity...(James Comey) ...only to discover later the guy is a closeted butt-pirate, or has a skeleton in his closet.

It is clear from what this fucker said that he's a liar.
He's a little storeroom weasel.

The Trump administration likely isn’t calling up Brennan or Clapper for intelligence advice. The worry instead should be over another norm attacked, and the slippery slope that comes after.

“The reality is they probably could care less about their clearances,” Zaid said of the former officials. “It’s still the precedent that’s being set — to set back the entire security establishment that we’ve created over the last 75 years.”

This revocation of security clearance seems like a politicization of the federal bureaucracy in a way that seems incredibly alarming. ... As far as we know, it is unprecedented that a president of the United States would get involved with a security clearance determination. Any president is the final authority on access to classified information; they can decide whatever they want, that is for sure.

But if you think about it, on any given day, a large percentage of those who have a security clearance are likely members of the opposite political party from whoever is president. I’m not sure if there’s any way to figure it out, [but] I’m sure at most or at worst that the lowest is 35 or 40 percent of whoever has a clearance is going to be in the opposite party of the sitting president of the United States.

To think that a president would render a clearance decision based solely on an opposing political viewpoint is reminiscent of Stalinist Russia and Nazi Germany. I mean, that’s what happened back in those times.

There are potentially legitimate reasons to revoke the security clearances of some of these individuals who have been named. But that would be on objective, substantive grounds challenging their trustworthiness. Just because they’re politically opposed to the president does not impact their trustworthiness at all.

An expert on Trump’s threat to revoke clearances: it’ll "set back the entire security establishment"

Except a left loon started this thread

Lol....loon
Yeah a loon with a usable brain in his head unlike you Fess up sassy you are one sick puppy BUT you have plenty of company here

Meh...you keep blabbering about shit you know nothing about. Like trading lmao

Some Obama era admiral spews some crap embarrassing himself and you orgasm.

Ignorant toad

McRaven-4.jpg

ADVERTISING

Revoke his security clearance and move on. No one would give a sh!t.....

The difference between this retired military veteran who served his country for 37 years and Brennan is that this military veteran was not caught committing Perjury - lying to Congress - on 2 separate occasions, he did not illegally spy on US citizens / reporters / the media / US Senators / USSC Justices, did not brief members of Congress on an unverified document - which was falsely claimed to have been verified - bought from foreign spies and Russians and provided to the FBI and CIA, never was part of any Secret Society in league to alter the outcome of an election, was never part of a Conspiracy, and always served his country 1st above anything else.....unlike Brennan.
I'll believe what the seal of 37 years has to say about brennan rather than you

Forum List

Back