You have to wonder...

Why the fuck would you want to stage a re-enactment of a bombing that killed tens of thousands of people?

Yeah, this is sick, and I'm glad they dropped it.

It's an historical fact and a re-creation of it would be educational and a perfectly valid undertaking.

What's next? Will the PC crowd force the Civil War re-enactors at Gettysburg to let the Confederates win to keep from offending southerner's?

ps: "Fifi" flew right over my house the other day. I could hear it coming for 2 or 3 minutes before it got here. Just imagine what 1000 of them sounded like!

It's an historical fact and a re-creation of it would be educational and a perfectly valid undertaking.

What's next? Will the PC crowd force the Civil War re-enactors at Gettysburg to let the Confederates win to keep from offending southerner's?

ps: "Fifi" flew right over my house the other day. I could hear it coming for 2 or 3 minutes before it got here. Just imagine what 1000 of them sounded like!

How about a re-enactment of the 9/11 attacks? How about a re-enactment of the Boston Marathon bombings? What about a re-enactment of the 2004 Tsunami?

All are educational, are they not?

It doesn't celebrate death, it celebrates victory. .

NO, a reenactment of the signing of surrender documents on the deck of the USS Missouri would have celebrated that. Playing games about the killing of hundreds of thousands of civilians is just ghoulish and stupid.

Why the fuck would you want to stage a re-enactment of a bombing that killed tens of thousands of people?

Yeah, this is sick, and I'm glad they dropped it.

You mean like all the Revolutionary and civil war reenactments we have here?

It doesn't celebrate death, it celebrates victory. The Japs attacked US, we didn't attack them.

That's incorrect. The Japanese gov't attacked us and instead of attacking their leadership back, we took it out on their innocent citizens in the most disproportionate response in human history.

a historic event that helped end the war and save lives that would have been lost if the war had been prolonged.

I see they didn't drop the bs propaganda.

That's a terrible fiction that we really need to stop repeating. (And, yes, I realize the usual suspects will go to pieces, falling all over each other to repeat exactly that fiction.)

Whether its WWII or the Revolution, there's nothing educational in pretending to re-kill people. There are plenty of other things that could be re-created to teach about a given time.

It doesn't celebrate death, it celebrates victory. The Japs attacked US, we didn't attack them.

That's incorrect. The Japanese gov't attacked us and instead of attacking their leadership back, we took it out on their innocent citizens in the most disproportionate response in human history.

General Tojo and Emperor Hirohito flew the Zeros which struck Pearl Harbor? WOW the things you learn on internet message boards.

Were they also they ones who chopped off the heads of innocent Chinese civilians during the Rape of Nanking? Or killed hundreds of thousands of innocent Chinese civilians in the aftermath of the Doolittle Raid? I bet they were also the ones that shot our captured soldiers during the Bataan Death March...

And, just as we see today, there are some who celebrate the needless killing of hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians in The Bush Folly.

(Even while they yammer against the killing of very few innocents by drones. Go figure.)

General Tojo and Emperor Hirohito flew the Zeros which struck Pearl Harbor? WOW the things you learn on internet message boards.

Were they also they ones who chopped off the heads of innocent Chinese civilians during the Rape of Nanking? Or killed hundreds of thousands of innocent Chinese civilians in the aftermath of the Doolittle Raid? I bet they were also the ones that shot our captured soldiers during the Bataan Death March...

I didn't know we bombed General Tojo and Emperor Hirohito and yadda yadda.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge ...............................

The death toll from WWII pales in comparison to the infanticide we carry out through abortion in this country.

Forum List

Back