You know why I like being a conservative?

i get to call it like it is. I'll give you an example. Jeremiah Wright is a racist. I know this, you know this, and believe it or not - liberals know this, but they cannot say it because truth goes against liberal orthodoxy, which is anti-truth. Another example is George Dubya. He wasn't a good president in my humble opinion, but he wasn't the sinister character the left made him out to be. He is a good man who made mistakes. Liberals know that, but yet they pretend he is some sort of mad man. Mike Brown is another example. It's clear the guy was a thug. Liberals know this, but they must pretend he was some sort of victim. I could provide more examples but you get the point. Maybe if you're a liberal long enough you start to believe your own bullshit. Because that's what liberalism is.....bullshit.

I have to agree with you about everything except George W. Bush.
He will go down in history as a GREAT president that for some reason people forget the monumental events that occurred during his presidency that have NEVER occurred in any other time!
You and millions that bash GWB as "spending like a drunken sailor" (conservatives' favorite phrase) seem to as well as the detractors, forget these events occurred!
So again for people like you that don't seem to remember.

Here is a chart of events and the expenses and deficits GWB had that counter that crap statement of "spending like a drunken sailor"!
The FACTS are in spite of these events, GWB did NOT spend like a drunken sailor!

Plus one other major good that GWB did.

Were you aware that GWB saved 3.6 million children from starvation in Iraq by doing what Clinton signed on in 1998 with the Liberation of Iraq bill but Bill didn't have the balls to do..i.e. removed Saddam who would if still in power today and sanctions still in placed would have allowed these children to starve!
So Bush in calling Saddam's bluff SAVED 3.6 million kids from starving and NO matter how much you ignore that, without Saddam's removal there would still be
sanctions. 3.6 million Children would have starved to death.
December 1, 1995 UNITED NATIONS, Nov. 30— As many as 576,000 Iraqi children may have died since the end of the Persian Gulf war because of economic sanctions imposed by the Security Council, according to two scientists who surveyed the country for the Food and Agriculture Organization.
Iraq Sanctions Kill Children, U.N. Reports
This average for 4 years of over 144,000 kids multiplied by 21 years (2016 less 1995) if Saddam were still in power equaled 3,600,000 kids starved.
People seem to forget that!
As I said it is so surprising how easy the majority of conservatives (forget the progressives anti-American crowd) fall for the BIASED MSM crap about GWB!

Remember these events occurred that NO OTHER President has EVER FACED in their presidency! NEVER in an 8 year period did events like these occur!
1) Recession that started with Clinton..
2) Dot.com bust cost $8 Trillion.
3) Worst attack on USA 9/11..remember??
4) Worst hurricane SEASONS, not just hurricanes!
5) Economic attack on 9/18/2008 where a half a trillion dollars withdrawn in two hours!
IN Spite of these events : Average annual GDP growth over 8 years 2.9%
Obama's GDP??? with NO EVENTS???
SIMPLY THE WORST! Obama is First President Ever to Not See Single Year of 3% GDP Growth
SIMPLY THE WORST=> Obama is First President Ever to Not See Single Year of 3% GDP Growth

These events dramatically altered life in the USA! Thousands of people died! Trillions of dollars lost! Millions of jobs gone!

Are you aware that a recession started under Clinton and became official 3/01 ended 11/01?
Because idiots don't seem to comprehend... RECESSIONS are like large ships.. it takes miles to turn one...i.e. so does a "RECESSION"...
it doesn't just start the day NBER states... it is a slow degradation and it started under CLINTON!!!
Source: USATODAY.com - It's official: 2001 recession only lasted eight months

A Major $8 trillion market loss... (Which meant jobs, tax revenue,etc. gone!)
Are you aware that the dot.com bust occurred and cost $8 trillion in losses?
Again Clinton laid claim BUT someone had to pay and it occurred during Bush's first year!
$8 trillion in market losses MEAN lost tax revenue. PLUS JOBS!!!!
According to the Los Angeles Times, when the dot-com bubble burst, it wiped out $8 trillion dollars in market value for tech companies.
More than half of the Internet companies created since 1995 were gone by 2004 -
and hundreds of thousands of skilled technology workers were out of jobs.
Source:America Is Its Own Worst Enemy - Trapped In Irrational Exuberance | Zero Hedge

The worst attacks on the USA in History.. 3,000 deaths!!! 9/11 happened REMEMBER!!
Obviously most of you are UNAWARE 9/11 cost 3,000 lives, $2 trillion in lost businesses,market values assets.
Jobs lost in New York owing to the attacks: 146,100 JUST in New York. Airlines shut down 3 days ...wall street 10 days!!!
Are you aware this happened???
Jamie Gorelick’s wall barred anti-terror investigators from accessing the computer of Zacarias Moussaoui, the 20th hijacker, already in custody on an immigration violation shortly before 9/11. At the time, an enraged FBI investigator wrote a prophetic memo to headquarters about the wall.
Whatever has happened to this — someday someone will die — and wall or not — the public will not understand why we were not more effective in throwing every resource we had at certain problems…..
The 9/11 terrorist attacks were the events that helped shape other financial events of the decade.
After that terrible day in September 2001, our economic climate was never the same again.
It was only the third time in history that the New York Stock Exchange was shut down for a period of time. In this case, it was closed from September 10 - 17. Besides the tragic human loss of that day, the economic loss cannot even be estimated. Some estimate that there was over $60 billion in insurance losses alone. Airlines didn't fly for 3 days! Approximately 18,000 small businesses were either displaced or destroyed in Lower Manhattan after the Twin Towers fell. There was a buildup in homeland security on all levels. 9/11 caused a catastrophic financial loss for the U.S.
Source: Events That Rocked the Financial World
Anthrax Attacks...
The 2001 anthrax attacks in the United States, also known as Amerithrax from its Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) case name, occurred over the course of several weeks beginning on Tuesday, September 18, 2001, one week after the September 11 attacks. Letters containing anthrax spores were mailed to several news media offices and two DemocraticU.S. Senators, killing five people and infecting 17 others.

$1 trillion in losses due to the WORST Hurricane SEASONS in history. 2,215 lives lost
The worst, Katrina made landfall in Louisiana as a Category 3 in 2005. It took 1,836 lives and caused $81.2 billion in damages. It quickly became the biggest natural disaster in U.S. history, almost destroying New Orleans due to severe flooding.
Rank Disaster Year Deaths Damage* $250 Billion in damages in the 8 disasters of the top 15 disasters in history!
1. Hurricane Katrina (LA/MS/AL/FL) 2005 1833 $133,800,000,000
6. Hurricane Ike (TX/LA/MS) 2008 112 $27,000,000,000
7. Hurricane Wilma (FL) 2005 35 $17,100,000,000
8. Hurricane Rita (TX/LA) 2005 119 $17,100,000,000
9. Hurricane Charley (FL) 2004 35 $16,500,000,000
12. Midwest Floods 2008 24 $15,000,000,000
13. Hurricane Ivan (FL/AL) 2004 57 $13,000,000,000
14. 30-State Drought 2002 0 $11,400,000,000
Costliest U.S. Weather Disasters | Weather Underground

The 9/18/2008 Economic Terrorist Attack:
On Thursday (Sept 18,2008), at 11 in the morning the Federal Reserve noticed a tremendous draw-down of money market accounts in the U.S., to the tune of $550 billion was being drawn out in the matter of an hour or two. The Treasury opened up its window to help and pumped a $105 billion in the system and quickly realized that they could not stem the tide. We were having an electronic run on the banks.
They decided to close the operation, close down the money accounts and announce a guarantee of $250,000 per account so there wouldn't be further panic out there. If they had not done that, their estimation was that by 2pm that afternoon, $5.5 trillion would have been drawn out of the money market system of the U.S., would have collapsed the entire economy of the U.S., and within 24 hours the world economy would have collapsed. It would have been the end of our economic system and our political system as we know it...
http://seekingalpha.com/article/119619-how-the-world-almost-came-to-an-end-on-september-18-2008

And thus TARP was created WHICH has BEEN PAID back plus a $72 Billion!
Oh and by the way, the solution i.e. TARP? Which idiots like you and Obama criticized YET OBAMA has benefited from in this fashion.
If it weren't for TARP's payback of $692.9 billion on the $620.3 Billion outflow Obama's deficit would be even worse!
Bailout Scorecard | Eye on the Bailout | ProPublica

Bush_Obamabudgets.png

TARP https://projects.propublica.org/bailout/
TARPrepayment.png

i get to call it like it is. I'll give you an example. Jeremiah Wright is a racist. I know this, you know this, and believe it or not - liberals know this, but they cannot say it because truth goes against liberal orthodoxy, which is anti-truth. Another example is George Dubya. He wasn't a good president in my humble opinion, but he wasn't the sinister character the left made him out to be. He is a good man who made mistakes. Liberals know that, but yet they pretend he is some sort of mad man. Mike Brown is another example. It's clear the guy was a thug. Liberals know this, but they must pretend he was some sort of victim. I could provide more examples but you get the point. Maybe if you're a liberal long enough you start to believe your own bullshit. Because that's what liberalism is.....bullshit.

You like being a Conservative because....? You didn't answer the question.

Bush W. might not have been the sinister character made out to be, but he allowed sinister characters to control his presidency, and ultimately, he was the guy in charge.

He made ISIS and much more Islamic terrorism. Hardly a great thing on your CV, not that he needs a CV the amount of money his friends made during his presidency and beyond.... he doesn't want for anything.

A racist believes another race is inferior. Not just blames them...No, Cheney was the sinister character lol..
So that's why you put blacks on your plantation?

Hey Mac1958 ...

You are an independent thinker. You voted for Clinton. You were not influenced into supporting Trump by liberals calling Trump supporters stupid and bigoted.

You know why that is?

There is a difference between a Capital C Conservative and a small c conservative just as there is with a Capital L liberal and a small l liberal.

But I refrain from calling myself liberal or conservative because in fact I am either depending on the issue and I don't like being mistaken for a Republican or a Democrat because I am neither

Hey Mac1958 ...

You are an independent thinker. You voted for Clinton. You were not influenced into supporting Trump by liberals calling Trump supporters stupid and bigoted.

You know why that is?
Yes. Because different people vote the way they do for different reasons.

I know someone like you will refuse to look in the mirror after Trump's win.

Nothing I can do about it.

You know what I hate about your brand of conservatism? You think you speak for everyone...

I like being conservative because I can be happy. I don't need to be a victim. I don't have to be angry because the government didn't give me something I'm "entitled" to.

I don't need the government. All I need is my God, my brain, and my two hands.

And life is awesome that way

The point is not, "I am a conservative because..." but rather, "I like the fact that I am a conservative because..."

Start with, "...as a conservative, I am able to use facts and logic to develop and form my opinions, and not hopes and dreams.

For example, as a Conservative, when I look at PUBLIC EDUCATION, I can look at the money spent, and the results produced, in terms of verified learning outcomes. So when someone proposes that we make use of, for example, charter schools and school vouchers, that proposal will be evaluated on the basis of how charter schools and school vouchers affect overall learning outcomes versus the cost.

When people on the other side of the political spectrum assess PUBLIC EDUCATION, their first concern is how any change will impact the teachers' unions, and secondarily how any change will help or hurt the childrens' perceived feelings. To the extent that learning outcomes are even considered it flows out of the one-study-in-a-thousand that finds that these initiatives are not productive (ignoring the other 999 that support them).

Hey Mac1958 ...

You know why that is?

You are somehow smarter than those who you believe were angered into voting for Trump by people calling them bigots? Is that it?

Hey Mac1958 ...

You know why that is?

You are somehow smarter than those who you believe were angered into voting for Trump by people calling them bigots? Is that it?
And right to the straw man argument we go.

This is why I rarely burn time trying to communicate with hardcore partisan ideologues: It's an abject waste of time.

Forum List

Back