You Were Warned...Pat. Act

You just said exactly what I said...you're willing to forgo privacy for the sake of perceived "security".

^ Wrong, as you usually are.

I am willing to forgo SOME privacy interests under certain conditions. It is irresponsible and silly to insist that there are never circumstances where our desire for privacy should not yield.

There is nothing new in this.

WE give up a privacy interest every time a judge authorizes a wiretap warrant or a search warrant. Those are valid examples.

Right. But what the neo-cons have done, and what you consistently support, reframes the terrorist problem in such a way that we permanently give up our privacy. They bang the war drums and you drop your drawers. I'm not joining you.

^^^^that^^^^

The hawks would have us in a constant state of undeclared "war" so they can keep spying in us.

We stopped this shit in the 70s, we can do it again.

^ Wrong, as you usually are.

I am willing to forgo SOME privacy interests under certain conditions. It is irresponsible and silly to insist that there are never circumstances where our desire for privacy should not yield.

There is nothing new in this.

WE give up a privacy interest every time a judge authorizes a wiretap warrant or a search warrant. Those are valid examples.

Right. But what the neo-cons have done, and what you consistently support, reframes the terrorist problem in such a way that we permanently give up our privacy. They bang the war drums and you drop your drawers. I'm not joining you.

^^^^that^^^^

The hawks would have us in a constant state of undeclared "war" so they can keep spying in us.

You imbeciles can silence your war drums, but that does not mean that the guys trying to kill us will cease their hostilities.

It will not be pretended away, no matter how hard you try and wish and hope.

Damn you idiots are special.

Yeah. The USA Patriot Act is very much like Hitler's "legal" authority. :eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Your insanity and your stupidity are in a tough competition.

No matter which one wins, your value as a contributing member to this Board loses.

Seriously, you guys are quite stupid, kind of dishonest and sadly slovenly in your "thinking."

I guess you are like most Americans that don't care about a little invasion of your privacy for the sake of "security". At least you aren't hypocritical like so many on both the right and the left that only care when "the other guy" is doing it. I, on the other hand, don't want any Administration to have the kind of far reaching power that the PA grants.

Yes, he is a good little sheep, a natural-born bootlicker.

Civil libertarians and liberals have been railing against the Patriot Act since its inception. You were told that you like it under a Republican but would hate it under a Democrat, but you didn't listen.

One Senator told you back then EXACTLY what would happen under these new laws...

Watch The One Senator Who Voted Against The Patriot Act Warn What Would Happen

One provision that troubles me a great deal is a provision that permits the government under FISA to compel the production of records from any business regarding any person, if that information is sought in connection with an investigation of terrorism or espionage.

Now we're not talking here about travel records pertaining to a terrorist suspect, which we all can see can be highly relevant to an investigation of a terrorist plot. FISA already gives the FBI the power to get airline, train, hotel, car rental and other records of a suspect.

But under this bill, the government can compel the disclosure of the personal records of anyone -- perhaps someone who worked with, or lived next door to, or went to school with, or sat on an airplane with, or has been seen in the company of, or whose phone number was called by -- the target of the investigation.

And under this new provisions all business records can be compelled, including those containing sensitive personal information like medical records from hospitals or doctors, or educational records, or records of what books someone has taken out of the library. This is an enormous expansion of authority, under a law that provides only minimal judicial supervision.​

You were warned...

I think one day soon, the johnny-come-lately's who are bemoaning this domestic spying, which has been occurring since at least 2006, are going to realize they are in agreement with Democrats on this issue.

And this will shock them so deeply, they will turn on a dime and return to supporting it, thus diving even further into their totalitarianism.

Damn you idiots are special.

Yeah. The USA Patriot Act is very much like Hitler's "legal" authority. :eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Your insanity and your stupidity are in a tough competition.

No matter which one wins, your value as a contributing member to this Board loses.

Seriously, you guys are quite stupid, kind of dishonest and sadly slovenly in your "thinking."

I guess you are like most Americans that don't care about a little invasion of your privacy for the sake of "security". At least you aren't hypocritical like so many on both the right and the left that only care when "the other guy" is doing it. I, on the other hand, don't want any Administration to have the kind of far reaching power that the PA grants.

Yes, he is a good little sheep, a natural-born bootlicker.

No no. YOU remain the sheep. When the liberal unintelligentisa proclaim that the Patriot Act is a threat to your "rights," morons like you dutifully maintain that the Patriot Act is a threat to your rights. :cuckoo:

The truth, of course, is massively at odds with your mildness liberal sheep bleatings.

There is a reason a tool like you has no credibility. You are too mindless and too willing to follow those whose silly musings you do not even comprehend.

^^^^that^^^^

You imbeciles can silence your war drums, but that does not mean that the guys trying to kill us will cease their hostilities.

That people want to "kill" us is no reason to relinquish our rights or our privacy.

I'm concerned that there are so many like you who shrug this sort if thing off, but I'm hopeful.

Civil libertarians and liberals have been railing against the Patriot Act since its inception. You were told that you like it under a Republican but would hate it under a Democrat, but you didn't listen.

One Senator told you back then EXACTLY what would happen under these new laws...

One provision that troubles me a great deal is a provision that permits the government under FISA to compel the production of records from any business regarding any person, if that information is sought in connection with an investigation of terrorism or espionage.

Now we're not talking here about travel records pertaining to a terrorist suspect, which we all can see can be highly relevant to an investigation of a terrorist plot. FISA already gives the FBI the power to get airline, train, hotel, car rental and other records of a suspect.

But under this bill, the government can compel the disclosure of the personal records of anyone -- perhaps someone who worked with, or lived next door to, or went to school with, or sat on an airplane with, or has been seen in the company of, or whose phone number was called by -- the target of the investigation.

And under this new provisions all business records can be compelled, including those containing sensitive personal information like medical records from hospitals or doctors, or educational records, or records of what books someone has taken out of the library. This is an enormous expansion of authority, under a law that provides only minimal judicial supervision.​

You were warned...

I think one day soon, the johnny-come-lately's who are bemoaning this domestic spying, which has been occurring since at least 2006, are going to realize they are in agreement with Democrats on this issue.

And this will shock them so deeply, they will turn on a dime and return to supporting it, thus diving even further into their totalitarianism.
Democrats???

You haven't been reading the news have you?

You were warned...

This act is an act of authoritarianism, it is not an act of conservatism or liberalism.

Constitutional Conservatives and Freedom loving Progressives are against the Un-Patriot Act. Unfortunately, Authoritarian Conservatives (Bush) and Authoritarian Liberals (Obama) are the folks that have been winning elections.

You were warned...

This act is an act of authoritarianism, it is not an act of conservatism or liberalism.

Constitutional Conservatives and Freedom loving Progressives are against the Un-Patriot Act. Unfortunately, Authoritarian Conservatives (Bush) and Authoritarian Liberals (Obama) are the folks that have been winning elections.

That's what gets me. They play the partisan nonsense to keep us distracted. If Obama or the Democrats pulling the strings in DC ever had any genuine intentions of reversing the damage done to the Constitution by the PA, now would be the perfect opportunity to pursue it. They have the people on their side, and they could call the bluff of all the Republican critics.

All Obama has to do is come out and say "You know what, regardless of what we think of Snowden, the secret police state is unconscionable, and now is the time to dismantle it." But he's not.

It's too bad partisan Democrats can't recognize that hypocrisy for what it is.

That's what gets me. They play the partisan nonsense to keep us distracted. If Obama or the Democrats pulling the strings in DC ever had any genuine intentions of reversing the damage done to the Constitution by the PA, now would be the perfect opportunity to pursue it. They have the people on their side, and they could call the bluff of all the Republican critics.

All Obama has to do is come out and say "You know what, regardless of what we think of Snowden, the secret police state is unconscionable, and now is the time to dismantle it." But he's not.

It's too bad partisan Democrats can't recognize that hypocrisy for what it is.

Just the opposite, Obama said he wants a domestic defense force (AKA gestapo, storm troopers, ... secret police) every bit as manned and well armed as our military.

Last edited:

You were warned...

Freedom-loving Progressives? I am not certain such a thing exists. Can you name one?

Immie

Freedom-loving Progressives? I am not certain such a thing exists. Can you name one?

Immie

No not really.

Immie

Sure. Glenn Greenwald for one. Dennis Kucinich for another. They certainly don't share all my concerns for personal freedom, but compared to Obama and Bush - yeah, I consider them on 'my side'.

^^^^that^^^^

That people want to "kill" us is no reason to relinquish our rights or our privacy.

I'm concerned that there are so many like you who shrug this sort if thing off, but I'm hopeful.

You STILL can't point to any relinquishment of our right to privacy in the law.

And you are also flatly wrong anyway.

It is silly and stupid and childish and absurd to say that one of my rights to privacy somehow trumps the right of society to survive a threat of death to any portion of its numbers.

You and your ilk "shrug off" the actual and obvious risks in the absurd fear that someone might snoop on you. Nobody gives a shit about you. The scary thing is that so many cowardly sheep like you exist out there.

You STILL can't point to any relinquishment of our right to privacy in the law.

And you are also flatly wrong anyway.

It is silly and stupid and childish and absurd to say that one of my rights to privacy somehow trumps the right of society to survive a threat of death to any portion of its numbers.

You and your ilk "shrug off" the actual and obvious risks in the absurd fear that someone might snoop on you. Nobody gives a shit about you. The scary thing is that so many cowardly sheep like you exist out there.

You are the coward that thinks he needs to break into every single American's house and read all of their private messages, just in case one American might be pissed at someone.

Frigging grow a pair you pansy.

Forum List

Back