Youngkin Already Picking Fight With Virginia Parents, Get's Smacked Down On Mask Mandate

He is not banning masks or vaccines. He is allowing the parents to make that decision for their children.
Except those measures are only effective if enough people do it.

Is he giving parents a choice with the polio vaccine? Rubella? Diphtheria? Measles? Typhoid?

Public health looks at an entire population. That is we we have laws and rules governing things like safe food handling, clean water etc. so we no longer have outbreaks of infectious diseases like typhoid. Individual and parental rights have always been balanced against the rights of the public. That is why vaccinations are mandated. That is why Typhoid Mary would not be allowed to work in the school cafeteria. That is why when parents send a sick child to school, the school can take him aside and try to reach the parents to send him home. In each of those cases the parent’s rights are subordinate if they want their child in school.
Again Coyote , what are you afraid of? Your whittle vaccine not working? Hahaha

Public health looks at an entire population. That is we we have laws and rules governing things like safe food handling, clean water etc. so we no longer have outbreaks of infectious diseases like typhoid.
Yeah, if you're referring to OHSA, they have no jurisdiction over parental decisions regarding their children.

It’s funny that conservatives suddenly jump on the freedom of choice bandwagon when it suits them. And yes…they are “running around trying to mandate everything and force them to obey” :lol:
Exactly what are we forcing you to do? Please tell me.

That is why Typhoid Mary would not be allowed to work in the school cafeteria. That is why when parents send a sick child to school, the school can take him aside and try to reach the parents to send him home. In each of those cases the parent’s rights are subordinate if they want their child in school.
Simple, the parent keeps the child(ren) home and seek proper medical treatment for them.

If the child is healthy, the child's parent should not be forced to vax or mask them.

I do not subscribe to this kind of authoritarianism. Give my child the education that my tax dollars are paying for.

Last edited:
No I am not referring to OSHA.
Then who are you referring to?

The government does not have the power to intercede in parental decisions unless the parent is determined to be wholly incompetent in making any decisions for their child.

What are we going to do? Call DFCS on parents who choose not to obey District vax or mask mandates when they have done nothing otherwise to warrant their interference?

Simple, the parent keeps the child(ren) home and seek proper medical treatment for them.

If the child is healthy, the child's parent should not be forced to vax or mask them.

I do not subscribe to this kind of authoritarianism. Give my child an education that my tax dollars are paying for.
So you don’t believe in vaccinating a child until he is sick? That makes no sense.

How is it authoritarian to insist on reasonable safety for all the children when in a group setting?

Then who are you referring to?

The government does not have the power to intercede in parental decisions unless the parent is determined to be wholly incompetent in making any decisions for their child.

What are we going to do? Call DFCS on parents who choose not to obey District vax or mask mandates?
Yes, it does, if the child is going to a school. Each state clearly sets out what vaccines are needed in order for the child to attend school, otherwise the parent can opt to homeschool.

In fact…I don’t think the child can attend school without proof of vaccination.

Funny that the only folks I ever hear spewing that bullshit is folks like you.

"Nearly half (16% very likely and 30% somewhat likely combined) of likely voters believe the country will have another civil war, while 42% (24% very unlikely and 18% somewhat unlikely combined) did not think we were headed for another civil war; 11% of survey respondents were not sure."

So you don’t believe in vaccinating a child until he is sick? That makes no sense.
Children are far less susceptible to COVID-19. Unless they have comorbidities or compromised immune systems, vaccines are useless on them. Their immune systems are more potent and serve as a sufficient buffer against the virus.

If they catch it before then, they will certainly recover. Then they will be immune. Once again, vaccines and masks will be useless.

The last desperate effort of a dying progressive movement is to pretend that a conservative administration is at war with it's own base. It used to work years ago when there was no information available to the public that wasn't filtered through a liberal agenda. Sadly for true progressives. the only media outlets that go along with the dying movement are fringe left wing blogs that probably originate in Russia or China.

Children are far less susceptible to COVID-19. Unless they have comorbidities or compromised immune systems, vaccines are useless on them.

If they catch it before then, they will certainly recover. Then they will be immune. Once again, vaccines and masks will be useless.
I disagree with that claim, but I am actually talking about all the vaccines a child is required to have for school.

Forum List

Back