Your Favorite Guitar Solos

alright.....someone who remembers the REAL Fleetwood Mac.....with Peter Green....

TBH, I'm not too familiar with Fleetwood Mac when he was a member. I kind of discovered him on my own, but yes, a very talented person.

I also like the later Fleetwood Mac. I really like Stevie Nicks too. She has such a unique sound.

lots of people are under the impression that Santana did the original version of this song....

alright.....someone who remembers the REAL Fleetwood Mac.....with Peter Green....

TBH, I'm not too familiar with Fleetwood Mac when he was a member. I kind of discovered him on my own, but yes, a very talented person.

I also like the later Fleetwood Mac. I really like Stevie Nicks too. She has such a unique sound.

lots of people are under the impression that Santana did the original version of this song....

I always thought that was Santana's song. That's great! I like that version.

i always felt Green and Santana were both under rated players......

I agree about Green. Santana? I think most people appreciate his skill. I also think Alex Lifeson from Rush is underrated. I guess if you happen to be in a band that doesn't do too many solos, it's difficult for people to recognize your skills as a guitarist.

I agree about Green. Santana? I think most people appreciate his skill. I also think Alex Lifeson from Rush is underrated. I guess if you happen to be in a band that doesn't do too many solos, it's difficult for people to recognize your skills as a guitarist.

Peter Green did lots of Solos.....but it seems the only place he is respected is from other guitarists....most people think Fleetwood Mac began in the mid 70's....

Peter Green did lots of Solos.....but it seems the only place he is respected is from other guitarists....most people think Fleetwood Mac began in the mid 70's....

I'm not familiar with too many of his songs, or with Fleetwood Mac while he was a member. Like I said, I kind of just happened upon him while listening to some Fleetwood Mac music, and I thought he was great.

This is the first song I heard from him, and I thought it was beautiful.

Anyone ever hear of this guy? Yngwie Malmsteen

Far Beyond The Sun

Another poster posted some music from him recently. He is really impressive. Not really my type of "music" though. :D

Nor mine, actually, but he is a damned fine guitar player.

He is very good, but his music reminds me a lot of 80s glam band music, although he is MUCH more talented than most of them. It just has "80s" feel to it. I could listen to it if I was in the mood to hear that type of music though.

Far Beyond The Sun

Another poster posted some music from him recently. He is really impressive. Not really my type of "music" though. :D

He is very good, but his music reminds me a lot of 80s glam band music, although he is MUCH more talented than most of them. It just has "80s" feel to it. I could listen to it if I was in the mood to hear that type of music though.

I've only heard 3 or 4 pieces so far. He is definitely worth a bit more study.
I see what you mean. He does sound frenetic and chaotic at times, but he's so damned good, after 10 minutes, it seems more like Segovia or classical guitar. I did get past the chaos and well into amazement.

Far Beyond The Sun

I've only heard 3 or 4 pieces so far. He is definitely worth a bit more study.
I see what you mean. He does sound frenetic and chaotic at times, but he's so damned good, after 10 minutes, it seems more like Segovia or classical guitar. I did get past the chaos and well into amazement.

I'm surprised he hasn't gotten more exposure here in the States. Apparently he was in this band below for a while. It's probably the type of music that he plays why he isn't more well known. It's described as "neoclassical heavy metal." It's interesting but not all that popular apparently. The song below is pretty choppy and lacks any consistent melody IMO. It seems like a bunch of stuff just mish-mashed together.

Far Beyond The Sun

thats because that song was from 1984....:)

Forum List

Back