Your Favorite Things About Israel

The next generation...in all honesty.
The older to middle aged adults....not so much.

The younger generation tend to have less politics in their heads. They have a pride for their home but none of the rhetoric and not much in the way of hypocrisy either.

Older ones? Yeah they need a lesson from their Young.

In a potential contradiction to the biblical account of the 586 BCE destruction of Jerusalem, continuing excavations in Jerusalem’s City of David National Park have revealed a previously unseen section of the First Temple-period fortification wall that was breached — but apparently not entirely razed — by the Babylonians.

According to 2 Kings 25:10, “The entire Chaldean [Babylonian] force that was with the chief of the guard tore down the walls of Jerusalem on every side” (The Jewish Publication Society Tanakh). But this newly found extant section of the eastern city wall, connected to two previously excavated and documented sections, means that potentially the entire length of the eastern border was not in fact torn down by the conquering Babylonians.

With this discovery, archaeologists are now able to reconstruct the run of the wall that encircled the ancient Kingdom of Judah capital on the eve of its destruction, which is commemorated by the Jewish holiday of Tisha B’Av on Sunday.

(full article online)

LbcQ9706366.jpg

(full article online)

Ok, though ToI is a left-leaning publication it has a reputation of being factually accurate.
However, You have to be in the city to realize, really comprehend how the optics make everything seem exaggerated and over the top.

I just returned from Jerusalem, been there almost all day, prayed at the 'Small Kotel' in so-called "Muslim quarter", and learned about these "tensions" just now from Your post.

What I did notice, are thousands pouring, while Arab store owners look bored,
sit smoking and complain to each other no one buys a thing or even visits.
But there was no fear or tension in the air, the officers casually smiling.

No camera can describe the majesty at the big Kotel, when you go out from the tunnels
to discover thousands gathered from all over the world... the sun peeking from the top
of the roofs around the plaza and bouncing off the walls...the atmosphere changes
to pure splendor, all set for the true King's reception.

"...sages, who blamed the destruction of the Temple on the lack of equality among the Israelites."

Have You seen the film?

I hope this is not another "progressive" version like the new " Exodus",
where there's more interpretation than the original, attempting to
rewrite it to fit a certain political fashion of the day.

If it's that, then I prefer the Haaretz title, much more progressive in the real sense:
"How two secular artists rebuilt the Temple in Jerusalem."

What do You think?

Forum List

Back