🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Your Home and Family

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
Would you make sure your house was in order, family, finances etc. before agreeing to support others and help them?

This ties into politics - if you're smart you'll know where I'm going with this....

Would you make sure your house was in order, family, finances etc. before agreeing to support others and help them?

This ties into politics - if you're smart you'll know where I'm going with this....
Where are you going with this?

Just answer the question for yourself personally - we'll go from there....

If someone waited to get everything in order , helping others would never happen

not being trillions of dollars in debt would be nice..
I mean, we HAVE had a balanced budget in the past, no?

If someone waited to get everything in order , helping others would never happen

not being trillions of dollars in debt would be nice..
I mean, we HAVE had a balanced budget in the past, no?
Ah.. that.....I was focusing on your new avi... Sorry...
girl_bike_fail.gif

I am not supposed to call you a dumbass.

The mod's get really pissed off at me when I do.

Even when you deserve it.

If you are really smart you'll see where I am going with this ... .

:D

You can if you want, but you need to support your argument ;)

Yeah well that's cause the smart people know I'm not a dumbass - ;)
Jelly is not just a bread spread

I agree with Guno's point that we are rarely in a position of no debt, everything is working properly and no one is going to school, buying a house or having kids. As a result if I am in a relative position of calm, I try to help out.

Regardless of the financial state of my household, supporting another is my CHOICE...and therein lies the difference. When my country, dead broke and deeply in debt or not, wants me to support another, they do so by force. When armed agents that will incarcerate me for non-compliance are part of the equation, the notion of financially viability takes a distant second to the tyranny of the collectivists.

Stated differently, I don't care if the US were out of debt and swimming in cash, the Federal government should not be forcing some to support others.

Your both dumbasses, there parity...

There are parallels between a family and government, but far less would be better. For instance, government can print money, a family cannot.

I agree with Guno's point that we are rarely in a position of no debt, everything is working properly and no one is going to school, buying a house or having kids. As a result if I am in a relative position of calm, I try to help out.

I think you need to be in a relatives good place however, to do so.
If you take how you would handle your personal life, use common sense, it's no different (in general)
If you keep getting into debt to help others, and, the "others" can be trusted, you weaken your stated and expose yourself to defeat and destruction.

There are parallels between a family and government, but far less would be better. For instance, government can print money, a family cannot.

Yes, but it's still debt
A family can get another credit card.

Yes, but it's still debt
A family can get another credit card.

Not necessarily.

I just think we are at a point where our (the US) focus needs to be on getting in a better place financially (budget wise) and looking out for ourselves - because if we are stronger, we can help others more - and be SMART about it so people (other countries) do not run rough shod over us and take advantage of us.

Forum List

Back