YOur kind of Christian; Family Research Council

I don't PM you, RD. I don't even have the PM function activated.

I don't hate myself. I recognize a hate group when I see one. Canyon Ridge Christian Church who supported Martin Ssempa and the kill gays legislation is a hate group.

Family Research Council, who spreads falsehoods about gays and lesbians, is a hate group.

Federally funded abstinence programs have been linked to Martin Ssempa. I've provided the evidence.
Bury your head in the sand, and call me names if you choose, but don't tell me I'm lying. I am not making any of this up.

As for 'marching orders'. I haven't given any. I have a right to ask you to stop calling me a liar. If you continue to choose to be rude, then I will just ignore you.

Last edited:

You are the second lying liberal in two days trying that. You negged with a comment, which was cowardly not to allow a response. A few days ago you were receiving replies when you thought they might be favorable. You knew this one wouldn't be.

Next time some dumb ass lib doesn't want to talk to someone here's a suggestion......just don't!! How hard is that?

Tony Perkins mentored Martin Ssempa?

Sorry, got Perkins mixed up with Pastor Rick Warren who mentored Ssempa. They're damn near identical. Perkins group is listed as a hate group. Rick Warren mentored Ssempa. Draw your own conclusions.

Tony Perkins and the Family Research Council, who last year paid lobbyists $25,000 to convince members of Congress to block a planned resolution denouncing Uganda’s gay death penalty bill. And let’s not forget Pastor Rick Warren, who supported, funded, appeared with, and publicized the work of Uganda’s leading anti-gay activist, Pastor Martin Ssempa.
Truth Wins Out - Should We Consider Scott Lively Complicit in David Kato’s Murder?

Wasn't Rick Warren Obama's choice for the invocation at the Presidential inauguration?

Yeah, and a lot of us had a problem with that.

Yes, he was. Obama slapped the gay community in the face by doing that.

And yet you still support Obama. I guess what I take from this is that you may support somebody or perhaps even an organization or political party, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you agree with everything they believe in or their actions. Now I must go meditate.

I'm not a one issue voter.

I don't know much about the Family Research Council, but I would be willing to bet that they do a lot of good in many areas and that they approach most issues fairly and morally. The problem is that you are a one-issue person when it comes to organizations such as the FRC, yet you support people like Obama because you are "not a one issue voter." I understand!!!! Your logic is undeniable!!!!!!!

Now I must go and not only meditate, but set my hair on fire.

You are the second lying liberal in two days trying that. You negged with a comment, which was cowardly not to allow a response. A few days ago you were receiving replies when you thought they might be favorable. You knew this one wouldn't be.

Next time some dumb ass lib doesn't want to talk to someone here's a suggestion......just don't!! How hard is that?

You are sooo rude. I negged you with a comment after you ignored my request for you to stop calling me a liar. I turned my PM off in order to keep AllieBaba from sending me harassing PMs.

Attack my position and my post, not my person.

I have every right to rep whoever I choose to with a pos or neg rep. Get over it.

You are rude with your comments to me.

And yet you still support Obama. I guess what I take from this is that you may support somebody or perhaps even an organization or political party, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you agree with everything they believe in or their actions. Now I must go meditate.

I'm not a one issue voter.

I don't know much about the Family Research Council, but I would be willing to bet that they do a lot of good in many areas and that they approach most issues fairly and morally. The problem is that you are a one-issue person when it comes to organizations such as the FRC, yet you support people like Obama because you are "not a one issue voter." I understand!!!! Your logic is undeniable!!!!!!!

Now I must go and not only meditate, but set my hair on fire.

Family Research Council may do a lot of good to Christians who agree with their views, but they are horrible to gay people.

They are listed as a hate group by the SPLC, not because they have a biblical objection to homosexuality, which they have every right to, but because they spread false information about gay people, anti-gay propaganda.

It's interesting to me who supports them, because sooo many Christians claim they have no problem with gays, but they defend groups like this.

Family Research Council is not only listed as a hate group by the SPLC, but they are also Dominionists. They are exerting pressure on the GOP to take up their agenda. No Republican is allowed to be gay. They want to get rid of GOProud, a gay Republican group.

Illustrating the split between social conservatives and libertarians within the Republican Party, the Family Research Council and Concerned Women of America, along with The American Principles Project, The National Organization for Marriage, The Capitol Research Center, Liberty Counsel, Liberty University and the Center for Military Readiness decided last November to boycott this year's CPAC because of the inclusion of GOProud back in November, 2010. The boycott was reported and supported by World Net Daily in late December, with social conservative Peter LaBarbera stating at that time:

"Excellent. It is gratifying to see FRC and CWA respond appropriately to CPAC's moral sellout of allowing GOProud as a sponsor," said Peter LaBarbera, president of Americans for Truth about Homosexuality, the nation's best-known organization dedicated exclusively to opposing the homosexual political agenda.

"By bringing in GOProud, CPAC was effectively saying moral opposition to homosexuality is no longer welcome in the conservative movement," said LaBarbera. "Would CPAC bring in an organization specifically devoted to promoting abortion and pretend it's conservative?"
http://www.goddiscussion.com/40530/...campaign=Feed:+GodDiscussion+(God+Discussion)

Last edited:
Dominion theologians preach that it is Christians' job to take over the world and impose biblical rule. Christ will not return, they say, until the church has claimed dominion over all of the world's governments and institutions.
Introduction

Family Research Council is a dominionist movement. They seek to take over the US government starting with the Republican Party.

Check out the SEVEN MOUNTAINS MANDATE.

As pointed out by Leah Burton, the Seven Mountains Mandate includes Christian domination of the following areas of society so that people are properly ripened for "the harvest" of souls:

Arts and Entertainment
Business
Education
Family
Government
Media
Religion

Check out Leah Burtons site: God's Own Party
http://godsownparty.com/blog/

Last edited:
They're a hate group. I'm sure you'd like them.

They paid for the Tebow ad.

"The Family Research Council's Senior Researcher for Policy Studies Peter Sprigg was criticized by gay rights activists when he, in his official capacity as a fellow of the FRC, stated that gay behavior should be outlawed and that "criminal sanctions against homosexual behavior" should be enforced. More recently, Sprigg has publicly suggested that repealing Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy would encourage molestation of heterosexual service members. When asked about Sprigg's comments regarding the criminalization of same-sex behavior, FRC President Tony Perkins said that criminalizing homosexuality is not a goal of the Family Research Council, but did not denounce Sprigg's statements. Perkins repeated the FRC’s association of gay men with pedophilia, saying that "If you look at the American College of Pediatricians, they say the research is overwhelming that homosexuality poses a danger to children." The opinions expressed by Perkins are contradicted by mainstream social science perspectives on same-sex parenting and the likelihood of child molestation by homosexuals, and some scientists whose work is cited by the American College of Pediatricians have accused the ACP of distorting and misrepresenting their work.
Family Research Council - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Perkins went to Uganda to preach hate and support the kill gays execution legislation.

They are a hate group, period. If they support killing of any group..they are not christian.
FRC does not support the Uganda bill, and does not support the death penalty for homosexuality - nor any other penalty which would have the effect of inhibiting compassionate pastoral, psychological, and medical care and treatment for those who experience same-sex attractions or who engage in homosexual conduct," the group adds.

Terry Gross had a few shows on these guys. They categorically denied supporting the death penalty or physical harm towards homosexuals in Uganda or anywhere.

Having said that, they're pretty regressive by our standards.

You are sooo rude. I negged you with a comment after you ignored my request for you to stop calling me a liar. I turned my PM off in order to keep AllieBaba from sending me harassing PMs.

I have every right to rep whoever I choose to with a pos or neg rep. Get over it.

Of course you have all the right in the world to neg, not an issue. Maybe I'm rude, big deal

Sky, you and I both know the bolded part is not true (dishonest, a lie), and anyone with common sense will see it also. So let me ask you...doesn't it stand to reason much of your posts here are for the sole purpose of suiting your needs or an agenda?

Terry Gross had a few shows on these guys. They categorically denied supporting the death penalty or physical harm towards homosexuals in Uganda or anywhere.

Terry Gross? She is one of the most politically biased hosts on radio today. What makes it worse is that unlike somebody like Rush Limbaugh, she doesn't claim to be politically biased and probably doesn't believe she is.

146086d1268625172-friend-5870-isnt-working-stock-volts-wtf_is_this_shit-1-.jpg

943179244d1247668385-abuse-request-double-facepalm.jpg

Terry Gross? She is one of the most politically biased hosts on radio today. What makes it worse is that unlike somebody like Rush Limbaugh, she doesn't claim to be politically biased and probably doesn't believe she is.

Tell you what. You keep listening to Rush Limbaugh, and I'll listen to Terry Gross. At least she doesn't scream.

Terry Gross' program, Fresh Air, is informative and well researched. She is intelligent, soft spoken and a great interviewer.

Of course you have all the right in the world to neg, not an issue. Maybe I'm rude, big deal

Sky, you and I both know the bolded part is not true (dishonest, a lie), and anyone with common sense will see it also. So let me ask you...doesn't it stand to reason much of your posts here are for the sole purpose of suiting your needs or an agenda?

Check my posts. I have asked you to stop calling me a liar.

My posts on this thread are for the purpose of showing WHICH Christian groups I have problems with.

Last edited:

They are regressive. They deny supporting Uganda, but if you look at what lobbying they did about that bill they fought for the most damaging to gays language they could include in it. They mischaracterize ALL gays and lesbians to be diseased and perverse pedophiles. That is hate speech.

"It is not "tolerant" to brush off opposition to the consecration of a homosexual bishop. Nor is it "loving" to suppress evidence that homosexual behavior is a "death-style" that is sending young people to an early grave." -Tony Perkins, Washington Update, November 4, 2003

"...one of the primary goals of the homosexual rights movement is to abolish all age of consent laws and to eventually recognize pedophiles as the 'prophets' of a new sexual order." —"Homosexual Behavior & Pedophilia," a FRC publication, July 1999, http://www.frc.org/misc/bl057.pdf

"Gaining access to children has been a long-term goal of the homosexual movement." —"Homosexual Behavior and Pedophilia," FRC publication, July 1999, http://www.frc.org/misc/bl057.pdf

SUPPORT THE FRC IF YOU CHOOSE TO, JUST UNDERSTAND WHY THEY ARE LABELED A HATE GROUP.

Last edited:
The Southern Poverty Law Center listed FRC as a hate group because of the distortions they promote about homosexuals.

They really like to stir up trouble, so I wasn't surprised they were in the middle of the Superbowl ad controversy.

The SPLC also lists We are Change as a hate group.

WeAreChange: SPLC’s List of “Hate” Groups ‘Extremely Unjust’ | Only In Philadelphia

More to the point is WHY the SPLC lists them as a hate group. Check it out. This is why SPLC listed We Are Change, WAC, as a hate group:

We Are Change, LA chief, Bruno Ernst Bruhwiler was charged with four criminal counts related to making threats, according to the Los Angeles Superior Court’s website. Three of the counts were for making threats (Rudkowski says that Bruhwiler was charged with making “terroristic” threats), including against an “executive officer” (apparently a law enforcement or court official) carrying out his duties. The fourth count is for “willful disobedience” of a court order.

Bruhwiler, it turns out, is part of the extreme-right “sovereign citizens” movement — people who believe that the government has no authority to impose laws and regulations on most Americans. He has engaged in some of the practices preached by “redemption” scammers, most of whom are seeking to wrest millions of dollars from the government for their personal use. He has allegedly harassed former co-workers with “sovereign” letters demanding money. And he is a member of the Oath Keepers, a conspiracy-oriented Patriot group. All in all, it seems clear that Bruhwiler, despite Ludkowski’s claims of running a relatively moderate group, is part and parcel of the most radical wing of the Patriot movement.
Charges Against We Are Change Leader Belie Group’s Pacifist Image | Hatewatch | Southern Poverty Law Center

Why would any sane problem have a problem with Oath Keepers? Did you have a problem when the Egyptian Army announced they would not fire on the protestors? How is swearing never to use the power of your office in a way that does not uphold the Constitution of the United States of America make one a terrorist?

By the way, I did not notice the SPLC listing ACORN as a hate group when they were proven to be doing things that are illegal, did you? Why list an entire group as a hate group simply because one person is charged with something? Did people suddenly loose their right to a trial without me getting the memo?

Dominion theologians preach that it is Christians' job to take over the world and impose biblical rule. Christ will not return, they say, until the church has claimed dominion over all of the world's governments and institutions.
Introduction

Family Research Council is a dominionist movement. They seek to take over the US government starting with the Republican Party.

As pointed out by Leah Burton, the Seven Mountains Mandate includes Christian domination of the following areas of society so that people are properly ripened for "the harvest" of souls:

Arts and Entertainment
Business
Education
Family
Government
Media
Religion

God's Own Party?

And Social Justice Christians preach that we have to bring about Heaven on Earth in order for Jesus to return. Why are you not condemning them? Is it because they support things you like? Why is it OK to preach a world dominated by religious beliefs if those beliefs agree with your viewpoint?

For those of you who think SPLC is a 'hate group'. I have supported SPLC since the time I lived in Portland Oregon and Mulageta Seraw was murdered by skinheads. He was beaten to death with a baseball bat for the crime of being black.

Tom Metzger's organization, White Aryan Resistance, trained those skinheads, and Morris Dees from SPLC shut their organization down. SPLC are heroes in my book. They produce a program called TEACHING TOLERANCE, which I support and use in the elementary schools with my kids.

SPLC does not list hate groups without cause.

Introduction

Arts and Entertainment
Business
Education
Family
Government
Media
Religion

God's Own Party?

And Social Justice Christians preach that we have to bring about Heaven on Earth in order for Jesus to return. Why are you not condemning them? Is it because they support things you like? Why is it OK to preach a world dominated by religious beliefs if those beliefs agree with your viewpoint?

I don't know anything about social justice Christians.

I make it my business to know about theocrats.

Sky, can you please provide the Ugandan legislation that was never passed and exactly what the law was that specifically being proposed?

Forum List

Back