Your Personality Makes Your Politics

This quiz is seriously flawed. :eek: I want to do away with welfare, and tell the UN to go to hell! :confused:

Don't need a test to determine your politics: Callous Conservative.

Do you know makes a test such as this reliable? Valid? I'm just curious since you claim the quiz is seriously flawed.

This IS the NY Times. They think that Conservatives are stupid and refuse to adapt. I saw an article that said Windows users tended to be more Conservative than Mac users and Linux users were the most Liberal.

I simply use Linux because I love the concept of individuals contributing to a community and I dislike buying software or rebooting my computer every day to regain control of some memory or processor hole.

My laptop hasn't rebooted in 81 days and 3 hours.

Correction: It is from Time Magazine, not the New York Times.

You're 80% conservative, 20% liberal.

WTF?

th

The one serious flaw that I can determine is "conservative" and "liberal" are not defined.

BTW, for the curious (a sure sign of being liberal), the 'test' has never been proven to be valid (measure what it is suppose to measure) or reliable (consistent and dependable results) thus it is for fun and shouldn't have been taken seriously.

See:

Time.com/mypolitics and take the quiz.

"Social scientists find many questions about values and lifestyle that have no obvious connection to politics can be used to predict a person’s ideology. Even a decision as trivial as which browser you’re using to read this article is imbued with clues about your personality. Are you on a Mac or PC? Did you use the default program that came with the computer or install a new one?

"In the following interactive, we put together 12 questions that have a statistical correlation to a person’s political leanings, even if the questions themselves are seemingly apolitical. At the end of this (completely anonymous) quiz, we’ll use your responses to guess your politics."

Read more: Personality Quiz: Can TIME Guess Your Politics? | TIME.com Personality Quiz: Can TIME Guess Your Politics? | TIME.com

Thank God. With all this anti-gay and TPM nonsence going around, I feared I'd come out liberal or something pink or green. Still red. Praise God.

The one serious flaw that I can determine is "conservative" and "liberal" are not defined.

BTW, for the curious (a sure sign of being liberal), the 'test' has never been proven to be valid (measure what it is suppose to measure) or reliable (consistent and dependable results) thus it is for fun and shouldn't have been taken seriously.

It was funny seeing the results it came up with for me. I mean 67% liberal? Are you kidding me? I must hate myself! :lol: j/k I don't hate liberals. I hate blind partisans.

Immie

It was funny seeing the results it came up with for me. I mean 67% liberal? Are you kidding me? I must hate myself! :lol: j/k I don't hate liberals. I hate blind partisans.

Immie

The bias was obvious in the questions, the liberal attitudes are classic liberal attitudes, not the leftist Democratic party attitudes. Democrats are government loving authoritarians, there is nothing liberal in their views at all. You do care about people, Immie. You're not like the Democrats.

"I prefer cats to dogs" I don't have a preference.

"I keep my workspace neat and organized" Some days I'm a slob, other days Felix Unger.

I could go on but ... what's the point?

wtf? How do these questions in anyway determine if I lean right or left?

Dumb.

Oh.

it is for fun and shouldn't have been taken seriously.

I know some people. Like the guy who said this needs to take a serious chill pill.

It's fun, 'cept for those who are willfully ignorant and need to deride it. A sign of insecurity and fear. Much like people who avoid social board games, fear of losing.

Pointing out the obvious upsets Kaz. Sad that s/he took it so personally.

See:

Time.com/mypolitics and take the quiz.

"Social scientists find many questions about values and lifestyle that have no obvious connection to politics can be used to predict a person’s ideology. Even a decision as trivial as which browser you’re using to read this article is imbued with clues about your personality. Are you on a Mac or PC? Did you use the default program that came with the computer or install a new one?

"In the following interactive, we put together 12 questions that have a statistical correlation to a person’s political leanings, even if the questions themselves are seemingly apolitical. At the end of this (completely anonymous) quiz, we’ll use your responses to guess your politics."

Read more: Personality Quiz: Can TIME Guess Your Politics? | TIME.com Personality Quiz: Can TIME Guess Your Politics? | TIME.com

I read Haidt's book in May of 2012. Very good book.

The Righteous Mind: Why Good People are Divided by Politics and Religion

You're 78% conservative, 22% liberal.

The questions were skewed to elicit answers that are typically accepted as conservative VS liberal. For instance the question about borders.

The silly kumbaya idea that we could all live in peace if we just didn't have borders. MY GAWD- we can't even live in peace within our own nation and neither can any other fucking nation! The reason? Self serving human attributes that are common to everyone!

But it is exactly this kind of sophomoric thinking, that keeps common sense people, trapped in kumbaya liberal looney land via policy making and political screeds that are espoused on every hill top.

Last edited:
Possibly the worst test I have ever taken to show if you are more conservative or liberal.

You can see the questions and how they mislead people. "Are you proud of your countries history?" Strongly agree = conservative Strongly disagree = Liberal.... Really? No middle ground? Like parts of the history?

Impossible to answer these questions honestly as they give very little to no context for many of the questions.

If you're more likely to eat "mixed" food your liberal?

I make no claim to its reliability or its validity, but I know what these factors measure. Do you?

It's fun, 'cept for those who are willfully ignorant and need to deride it. A sign of insecurity and fear. Much like people who avoid social board games, fear of losing.

As I tested significantly more liberal than you did, and thus came closer to "winning," I can point out the faults in the test, and leave you looking like a reactionary conservative in comparison.

Liking new experiences is only an indicator of politics if you start with the assumption that people who are conservative hate new experiences. Using IE as a default browser is only an indication of political beliefs if you start with the assumption that conservatives are less tech smart than liberals. Most large businesses use Internet Explorer for the simple reason that, since it is integrated into Windows OS, it can be updated much easier using the enterprise solutions that are built into the OS. While this makes those companies less security aware, it does not make them conservative, anymore than the fact that companies that use Apple products are more likely to use Safari means that they are liberal.

Personally, I see the choice to use either Safari or IE as not being aware of the options. Progressives, being more focused on status, are more likely to purchase Apple, and thus default to Safari, but that doesn't make them smart.

Forum List

Back