🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Your thoughts on this? ("Should we really still be calling it ‪'Columbus Day?'‬")

Only because you choose to label looking back at bad stuff in history as "guilt".
Your guilt is your own pathology and you've every right to it. You are also the one who has to deal with it. I just hate the whining.

Why do you think I have any guilt?

I know what my country has done, I know what I don't want to happen in the future. I can accept this stuff and move on and hope that my country doesn't invade Iraq again, or something similar, or commit genocide again or all of these things.

Only because you choose to label looking back at bad stuff in history as "guilt".
Your guilt is your own pathology and you've every right to it. You are also the one who has to deal with it. I just hate the whining.

Why do you think I have any guilt?

I know what my country has done, I know what I don't want to happen in the future. I can accept this stuff and move on and hope that my country doesn't invade Iraq again, or something similar, or commit genocide again or all of these things.
I don't know why you have pathological guilt. I am not trained at such things. All I know is that it's an obsessive-compulsive disorder

I don't know why you have pathological guilt. I am not trained at such things. All I know is that it's an obsessive-compulsive disorder

Oh good, we've reached that point already. Any other insults you want to get off your chest while you're at it?

Oh good, we've reached that point already. Any other insults you want to get off your chest while you're at it?
I guess obsessive guilt and being thin-skinned go hand-in-hand.

So coming onto a politics debate board and not liking people just firing insults at each other is thin skinned. Fine, I'll be thin skinned then, as if I care about your more attempts at insulting.

I guess obsessive guilt and being thin-skinned go hand-in-hand.

So coming onto a politics debate board and not liking people just firing insults at each other is thin skinned. Fine, I'll be thin skinned then, as if I care about your more attempts at insulting.
Sensitivity and guilt are perfectly normal. Without them we would all be psychopaths. Like many other things, it is a matter of degree. Too much of anything is potentially dangerous. It is your expectation that others share your guilt where you fail, and...well, become thin-skinned.

It is leftist propaganda. There was no genocide.
The is conservative revisionist history.
You don't know history. Disease killed off most of those who died, not "genocide". And don't start with the small pox blankets.
My mother was an Indian. I grew up hearing the truth from Indians, not Whites.

No, you grew up hearing their biased accounts. How does such a simple fact escape you?
History is biased. the victors get to write it, but there are two sides to every story. You are obviously easily subjected to propaganda.

Back at you, douche bag. You are projecting again.

If not for Columbus, the indians would still be living in teepees and living as hunter-gatherers. They should thank their lucky stars that he showed up.

Genocide is "lucky"?
They're lucky we showed up. They were genetically inferior, so would have died from something like a cold at some point. Ground up bear crap can't cure everything. :D

If not for Columbus, the indians would still be living in teepees and living as hunter-gatherers. They should thank their lucky stars that he showed up.

Yep the European gave them the christian diseases of syphilis and small pox

^^^ Another pile of guano ^^^

Stuff like this pisses me off about whiny liberals.

Columbus "discovered" America in that his discovery opened up the knowledge of America to Europeans, who then colonized it. That he didn't actually "discover" it, meaning others lived here and other Europeans knew about it beforehand, is semantics. Columbus's "discovery" led to most of our ancestors coming here for a better life. This lead to the formation of the greatest nation on earth based upon a foundation and an ideal that was revolutionary in his time, and for hundreds of years thereafter.

Columbus is a symbol. To condemn Columbus is to condemn the concept of America, and the better life that tens of millions sought. Columbus didn't kill millions of native Americans.

The history of the world is one people conquering the other. America is no different. White Europeans came to America and conquered the Natives. That doesn't mean we whitewash what happened to the Natives. Far from it. That is part of our history and should not be forgotten - despite the best efforts of conservative cheerleaders to do so. But America - and the whining liberal critics - would not exist today if that didn't happen.

Yep the European gave them the christian diseases of syphilis and small pox

And they gave us tobacco and lung cancer... we'll call it a draw.

Oh, and fuck the Indians... really tired of hearing about how bad the savages had it after we arrived... hell, they had been killing and enslaving one another for centuries.

The arrival of europeans was the best thing that ever happened to the injuns. They were so primitive that no north american tribe even had a written language!!! They were savages living in trees and eating bugs and dying at 32. Now they have the white man giving them welfare and affirmative action and all sorts of special treatment. Their life is far better now than it was 600 years ago.

Injuns should worship coumbus.

Wrong - the Cherokee had a written language

I watched theses bastards and I know what hypocrites Indians, Backs and Hispanic activists really are. They are their own worst enemies. Not whittie.

And you still protest when it is pointed out that you are a racist? :rolleyes:

Stuff like this pisses me off about whiny liberals.

Columbus "discovered" America in that his discovery opened up the knowledge of America to Europeans, who then colonized it. That he didn't actually "discover" it, meaning others lived here and other Europeans knew about it beforehand, is semantics. Columbus's "discovery" led to most of our ancestors coming here for a better life. This lead to the formation of the greatest nation on earth based upon a foundation and an ideal that was revolutionary in his time, and for hundreds of years thereafter.

Columbus is a symbol. To condemn Columbus is to condemn the concept of America, and the better life that tens of millions sought. Columbus didn't kill millions of native Americans.

The history of the world is one people conquering the other. America is no different. White Europeans came to America and conquered the Natives. That doesn't mean we whitewash what happened to the Natives. Far from it. That is part of our history and should not be forgotten - despite the best efforts of conservative cheerleaders to do so. But America - and the whining liberal critics - would not exist today if that didn't happen.
He killed quite a few, though. And raped and plundered.

This is what pisses me off about whiny cons: they need everything whitewashed so they can feel good about themselves.

Forum List

Back