Youth unemployment at a 50 year low! Now we can have our own sweatshops! MAGA!

Stormy Daniels

Gold Member
Mar 19, 2018
Donald is celebrating on twitter right now about this.

I don't think this is something that anyone should be celebrating. Don't get me wrong, I think having a summer job is good for teenagers. It helps teach them a sense of responsibility, and it's healthy for them to start developing financial independence. But this isn't exactly the kind of metric that the federal government should be aiming for. If it happens it happens, if not then it doesn't. Ultimately, this is a matter for parent and child to deal with.

But if Donald's claim is true, it goes to show that many people who blast fast food workers are completely off the mark. They constantly say that only teenagers should be working in fast food, but with so many youth working it clearly shows that teenagers barely scratch the surface on the demand for labor in the industry. Our labor market has changed since the 1960s. Fast food employees are the modern day working class. They should be given the same respect as the work class was shown in years past. After all, the only real difference is that in the 1960s the working class were predominantly white, while in 2018 the working class are predominantly black and Latino.

Fast food jobs are starter jobs, introductions to business practices. They require no skill, brains or extensive training. They are not career jobs to provide a living, nor should they be expected to be treated as such.

Fast food jobs are starter jobs, introductions to business practices. They require no skill, brains or extensive training. They are not career jobs to provide a living, nor should they be expected to be treated as such.

Everyone knows that fast food jobs are widely reputed for their ability to be a spring board into the board room.

Why can't everyone be a CEO? It's not fair!

n-TEMPER-TANTRUMS-628x314.jpg

Everyone knows that fast food jobs are widely reputed for their ability to be a spring board into the board room.

Again, as a first job. As a static career, you won't even see the board room.

I clean the board room.

nup_148873_0558.jpg

I don't think this is something that anyone should be celebrating. Don't get me wrong, I think having a summer job is good for teenagers. It helps teach them a sense of responsibility, and it's healthy for them to start developing financial independence. But this isn't exactly the kind of metric that the federal government should be aiming for. If it happens it happens, if not then it doesn't. Ultimately, this is a matter for parent and child to deal with.

But if Donald's claim is true, it goes to show that many people who blast fast food workers are completely off the mark. They constantly say that only teenagers should be working in fast food, but with so many youth working it clearly shows that teenagers barely scratch the surface on the demand for labor in the industry. Our labor market has changed since the 1960s. Fast food employees are the modern day working class. They should be given the same respect as the work class was shown in years past. After all, the only real difference is that in the 1960s the working class were predominantly white, while in 2018 the working class are predominantly black and Latino.
So to sum it up, everything is working too well

I clean the board room.

Remember to stack them carefully, and be careful of splinters.

I clean the board room.

Remember to stack them carefully, and be careful of splinters.

I'm allergic to pine tar ... it's a living hell.

How dare Trump have jobs for teenagers wanting or needing money! Everyone knows they should be on the streets selling crack.
It is absolutely disgusting that a young person fresh out of school should have a chance at a job, are there no gangs? Is there no room on welfare?

For those not sure. Yes it is sarcasm.

Fast food jobs are perfect for todays useless college grads with their useless degrees.

It's pathetic how many people are so insecure over their own worthlessness they need to trash the modern day working class American.

I dunno, if the members feel like burgers she may be welcomed into the board room.

You do realize people have a choice to work or not work in this county don't you? But leave it to a Liberal to turn a positive of youth taking responsibly into "sweatshops".

Trump cures cancer
Puts researchers out of work-Impeach

I'm sorry, what's your objection to the subject here? Do you support a resurgence of child labor, or the reduction of the working class into neo-fiefdom?
I think his objection is to your incredible stupidity.
You sound as ignorant as that dumb twit who won her primary in NY.

"Youth (16-24) summer jobless rate hit a 52 year low. Unemployment for older Americans without a high school diploma also fell to record low this year! A booming economy + tight labor market is creating opportunities for those who have historically struggled to find jobs." - Ivanka

Forum List

Back