0th anniversary of VJ Day: Thank the atomic bomb for saving millions of lives

Incinerate civilians and keep incinerating civilians as long as it takes to convince a small group of hard liners to capitulate. God help civilization when we embrace this concept for political purposes.

the Japanese to suicide rather then surrender would not have happened with a mainland invasion.....

Like it did when the occupation forces arrived?
Keep trotting that one out it proves just how desperate you are. The Emperor ORDERED the surrender. To the Japanese he was a "Living God" His commandments were all it took to tell the citizens and the military that they would accept the surrender. Further numerous Japanese officers did in fact commit suicide after the surrender.

Before the Emperor ordered the surrender the Government acting for him ordered the citizenry to cut bamboo spears and to human wave charge any invading troops. And they also told the people not to surrender. With the Emperors new order to accept surrender the old orders were no longer in force.

A-bomb, nuclear WMD that only America has been murderous enough to use as weapon of terror on two entirely civilian target resulting in the unnecessary deaths of hundreds of thousands...
The deaths of civilians ended the war. We should do this in the Middle East now.

Life was cheap during WW2. Allied bombers destroyed Dresden Germany in a firestorm for seemingly no other reason than there were little strategic targets left. Harry Truman wasn't elected at the time but he was hand picked by the democrat/military complex when they knew FDR would not live much longer than his 4th term inauguration. Truman was apparently so intimidated by the democrat/military complex and the scientists who were just dying to use their baby on real live humans that he refused to negotiate with the desperate Japanese holdouts and authorized the use of two inhuman weapons even while the Japanese were trying to negotiate with Stalin for surrender terms. The winners write the history books but the truth is still easy to find in the greatest Country in the world. For now.

they were just moments away from a surrender.

I didn't say that, but your desperate attempt at dishonesty has been recognized for what it is. You poor bastard...
What you are trying to deny....

I'm not "trying to deny" anything. My words are clear enough. You have become utterly desperate.
I see you could not muster the intellectual honesty to address the second part of the question.
Here is is again:
...and how does that compare to the loss of lives from an invasion?

We had defeated their army, their navy and their air force.

We rolled them back until all they had left was their island...No access to oil, tin, aluminum, iron or the resources needed to continue to "fight".

They live on an island. They aren't going to go anywhere. A blockade for a few months would have solved it.
No need to "invade"...certainly no need to purposely murder civilians with nuclear bombs.
The only nation to ever use nukes...and we used them on civilians...great legacy there.

We rolled them back until all they had left was their island...No access to oil, tin, aluminum, iron or the resources needed to continue to "fight".
A question you have never asked yourself:
How many civilians do you suppose would have died had we starved them into surrender?

How many civilians do you suppose would have died had we starved them into surrender?

No point in speculating on fantasy.

We did not "have" to invade to force them to surrender..

In fact the japs offered a conditional surrender if they could be allowed to keep the emperor...The U.S. refused...We thought it would be better to show off for russia and demonstrate what we could do with our new toys....

You ok with nuking civilians?

Your entire post was a speculation on fantasy. :lol:
Fact is you never once considered how many people would have died has we completely cut japan off from the outside world and waited for them to surrender -- not once.
Now, consider your answer to that question and then tell us how terrible it was to drop the bombs.

Fact is you never once considered how many people would have died has we completely cut japan off from the outside world and waited for them to surrender -- not once.
Now, consider your answer to that question and then tell us how terrible it was to drop the bombs.

Useless specualtion ....and diversion.
There is no way to evaluate an event that never happened..we can only evaluate reality.

You ok with nuking civilians?

You and I both understand that you do not want to soundly address the question I asked because doing so will negate the point you tried to make - I therefore accept your concession.

Compared to any realistic alternative, dropping the bombs saved American and Japanese lives.
The sooner you accept that, the better off you are.

You and I both understand that you do not want to soundly address the question I asked because doing so will negate the point you tried to make - I therefore accept your concession.

Compared to any realistic alternative, dropping the bombs saved American and Japanese lives.

LMAO...you ask me to debunk a fantasy scenario you made up in your own mind...

Declare "victory" if you feel you need to...I don't mind.

The facts are that we did not have to nuke civilians to get japan to surrender. They OFFERED to surrender conditionally...We refused.

Starving them into surrender is YOUR scenario, bub.
YOU neglected to consuder the costs of doing that and got caught.

Starving them into surrender is YOUR scenario, bub.
YOU neglected to consuder the costs of doing that and got caught.

LMAO...you're still basing your whole argument on fantasy and speculation.

nuking innocent civilians is preferential to accepting a conditional surrender is your position. got it.

Forum List

Back