$1,000 Gun Tax Pushed as “Role Model” for States

Yes....they are all unConstitutional.

No twit......all violent crime has gone down across the country, and it has gone down more in states with concealed and open carry laws....

So...your entire belief system crumbles.......as more Americans have bought and owned guns and now carry them for self defense since the 1990s the gun crime rate and the over all violent crime rate has gone down.....so Americans owning and carrying guns does not increase the crime rate or the gun murder rate...

This has already been presented to SCOTUS and they ruled 5-4 (that means at least one Republican nominated Judge voted with the Dems) that what I stated WAS constitutional. You want it all. But you fail to understand that if you only accept for it all, there is a better chance that you will get nothing.

Doesn't matter who nominated them......if they are libs they vote against our rights........and no matter what 5 politically appointed lawyers say, out of a country of over 320,000,000 million people....they are not Constitutional.

The deciding vote was from a conservative. And it's not about making new laws, it's interpreting the existing ones on the books. You don't like that ruling then I suggest you keep throwing those temper tamtrums that you ultra right wingers are so famous for lately. You think you have something to throw a tantrum over now, wait until after this year.
The temper tantrum is all yours seeing as how the 2nd A still stands. As it has for 240 years so far.

Of course libs love to rewrite history and impose their ideology on us via the courts, that may happen someday. But then you have to come get the guns and that's where the rubber meets the road. Good luck.
Yes....they are all unConstitutional.

No twit......all violent crime has gone down across the country, and it has gone down more in states with concealed and open carry laws....

So...your entire belief system crumbles.......as more Americans have bought and owned guns and now carry them for self defense since the 1990s the gun crime rate and the over all violent crime rate has gone down.....so Americans owning and carrying guns does not increase the crime rate or the gun murder rate...

This has already been presented to SCOTUS and they ruled 5-4 (that means at least one Republican nominated Judge voted with the Dems) that what I stated WAS constitutional. You want it all. But you fail to understand that if you only accept for it all, there is a better chance that you will get nothing.

Doesn't matter who nominated them......if they are libs they vote against our rights........and no matter what 5 politically appointed lawyers say, out of a country of over 320,000,000 million people....they are not Constitutional.

The deciding vote was from a conservative. And it's not about making new laws, it's interpreting the existing ones on the books. You don't like that ruling then I suggest you keep throwing those temper tamtrums that you ultra right wingers are so famous for lately. You think you have something to throw a tantrum over now, wait until after this year.
The temper tantrum is all yours seeing as how the 2nd A still stands. As it has for 240 years so far.

Of course libs love to rewrite history and impose their ideology on us via the courts, that may happen someday. But then you have to come get the guns and that's where the rubber meets the road. Good luck.
The STATE has the right to regulate guns, not the feds.

Originally true, but in 1868, the 14th amendment said that States can't violate Constitutional rights. I guess you haven't kept up with the news lately ...

I reviewed the 14th. It directly refers to this, yes. But you are bastarding the meaning. Reading in things that it doesn't say to try and justify your perverted logic.

It's perverted logic that the States can't violate the 2nd amendment just like the feds can't? Explain

Originally true, but in 1868, the 14th amendment said that States can't violate Constitutional rights. I guess you haven't kept up with the news lately ...

I reviewed the 14th. It directly refers to this, yes. But you are bastarding the meaning. Reading in things that it doesn't say to try and justify your perverted logic.

Says the pro abortion crowd...........abortion is made up out of the imagination of left wing regressive judges....the 2nd Amendment...which is actually in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights....yeah...that doesn't really exist....

left wing regressives are mentally ill.

Yes, they are. I'm pro-choice, but Roe v. Wade was a Constitutional abomination, and for that reason. It's not there. The Feds have zero legitimate say over abortion. It's up to the States. Though I support the States making it legal

Says the pro abortion crowd...........abortion is made up out of the imagination of left wing regressive judges....the 2nd Amendment...which is actually in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights....yeah...that doesn't really exist....

left wing regressives are mentally ill.

You keep swinging these phrases like a whiffle bat getting about the same results. You got cornered and have no choice to fall back on the "Liberals.....spit on floor" routine. Putin would be proud of you.

The states can pass laws and regulate as they so choose, provided it does not conflict with interstate commerce or constitutional rights. As for a state declaring a tax on guns it would appear from the surface within their scope, however, a prime example promoting a challenge in court and eventual state or post appeal Federal Supreme Court interpretation as to if the law hindered or restricted the rights as outlined the 2nd amendment. Two issues for further consideration, discrimination,and exclusion.
So what is the true intent and what do they hope to accomplish?
Will this proposed law apply to antique guns as well? How about surrealistic, pellet, and BB guns?
One final question an individual purchases a license to hunt in a state with such a law, will they be forced to pay the tax as well?
Again the ambiguity of such nonsense is profound to say the least.

http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/09pdf/08-1521.pdf
The 2nd has been incorporated.

Now we get to the nitty gritty. The State cannot refuse a person that is in good standings the right to own a gun. But it can impose regulations and licensing on it. Are you aware that from 1871 to 2015, the state of Texas had a law prohibiting the open carry of firearms in public. Many western towns and cities outlawed guns inside it's city limits. Just a bit of clarrication, the old law read that the weapon could not be concealed and had to be in the ready position. That means, the flap had to be open, the coat had to be open or the hammer leather had to be released. Each state and muncipality could modify it the way they wanted and still can. But you don't have a right to walk down the street with an open carry weapon if the state/municipality has passed a law forbidding it.

Now we get to the nitty gritty. The State cannot refuse a person that is in good standings the right to own a gun. But it can impose regulations and licensing on it.
The state can no more impose a $1000 tax on the sale of a firearm with the intent to limit the exercise of right to arms than it can a $1000 tax on abortions, on filing news stories, on posting an American Flag in someone's front window, or on people attending church.
Why don't you understand this?

None? According to the Supreme Court with a vote of 5-4, you are incorrect.
I am 100% correct in stating that the 2nd has been incorporated against actions by the state.
Why do you not know this?

None? According to the Supreme Court with a vote of 5-4, you are incorrect.
I am 100% correct in stating that the 2nd has been incorporated against actions by the state.
Why do you not know this?

You are about 10% correct. Here in Colorado, a huge stink was made over new gun laws. Three state reps were recalled and two lost. Then they took it all the way to the Supreme court trying to get the whole thing tossed out. What wasn't tossed out was clip capacity, automatic background checks on gun shows and private sales, and a few other little tidbits. The Supreme court also upheld the concealed and carry law in Colorado where it requires a license. And this was done by a conservative leaning Supreme Court. The State CAN charge a surcharge on all in state gun sales if they want. Only the voter can stop that.

If this goes to court it's hard to imagine this won't get struck down as unconstitutional. A $1,000 per gun tax is essentially a ban on guns for everyone except the wealthy. Why do Democrats think only the rich and powerful should have the ability to defend themselves, yet again expressing their disdain for poor and middle class Americans?

WASHINGTON, D.C. – A $1,000 per gun tax should serve as a “role model” for states, according to the governor of the U.S. territory of the Northern Mariana Islands, which imposed the $1,000 gun tax earlier this month. An idea first endorsed by Hillary Clinton in 1993, steep gun taxes have now taken hold in Cook County, Ill. the city of Seattle, and now a U.S. territory.

Lol you people are such drama queens. It amazes me how emotional you get about something as stupid as guns. You somehow have this little girl mentality that gun control legislation of any kind somewhere will inevitably lead to abolishing the 2nd amendment everywhere. Oh the horror! Slippery Slope fallacy be damned!

I mean for fuck sake. This is where exactly? The NORTHERN MARIANA ISLANDS. It just amazes me you people piss your pants over this crap. Lol what exactly do you think will happen here in the continental US? NOTHING will happen.

Go ahead and sleep soundly tonight with your fully-loaded AR-15 clutched between your legs. Everyone else still doesn't give a shit about your useless hobby. Sorry to disappoint.
You would sing a different tune if that tax was applied to voting, speech or abortions.

That is the problem with partisan hacks, they ignore the constitution when it doers not suit them and scream like bloody hell when it does. It does not work like that, either you stand up for rights or you are going to find out that you have none.
I honestly feel as through you people intentionally romanticize the gun control issue. You have convinced yourselves that a bunch of fascists are trying to abolish the 2nd admendment and take away your freedom. You like the childish fantasy that your huge, laughable gun collection will serve some revolutionary purpose when in reality there is not a single democrat in office that wants to abolish the amendment and there never will be.

Grow up will you?

If this goes to court it's hard to imagine this won't get struck down as unconstitutional. A $1,000 per gun tax is essentially a ban on guns for everyone except the wealthy. Why do Democrats think only the rich and powerful should have the ability to defend themselves, yet again expressing their disdain for poor and middle class Americans?

WASHINGTON, D.C. – A $1,000 per gun tax should serve as a “role model” for states, according to the governor of the U.S. territory of the Northern Mariana Islands, which imposed the $1,000 gun tax earlier this month. An idea first endorsed by Hillary Clinton in 1993, steep gun taxes have now taken hold in Cook County, Ill. the city of Seattle, and now a U.S. territory.

Lol you people are such drama queens. It amazes me how emotional you get about something as stupid as guns. You somehow have this little girl mentality that gun control legislation of any kind somewhere will inevitably lead to abolishing the 2nd amendment everywhere. Oh the horror! Slippery Slope fallacy be damned!

I mean for fuck sake. This is where exactly? The NORTHERN MARIANA ISLANDS. It just amazes me you people piss your pants over this crap. Lol what exactly do you think will happen here in the continental US? NOTHING will happen.

Go ahead and sleep soundly tonight with your fully-loaded AR-15 clutched between your legs. Everyone else still doesn't give a shit about your useless hobby. Sorry to disappoint.
You would sing a different tune if that tax was applied to voting, speech or abortions.

That is the problem with partisan hacks, they ignore the constitution when it doers not suit them and scream like bloody hell when it does. It does not work like that, either you stand up for rights or you are going to find out that you have none.
I honestly feel as through you people intentionally romanticize the gun control issue. You have convinced yourselves that a bunch of fascists are trying to abolish the 2nd admendment and take away your freedom. You like the childish fantasy that your huge, laughable gun collection will serve some revolutionary purpose when in reality there is not a single democrat in office that wants to abolish the amendment and there never will be.

Grow up will you?

Got news for you skippy - there ARE a group of fascists trying to abolish the second amendment. Where the hell have you been?

Grow up will you?

Grow up will you?

Got news for you skippy - there ARE a group of fascists trying to abolish the second amendment. Where the hell have you been?
Good god. If I wanted to abolish the second amendment, why the fuck wouldn't I just say it? What's stopping me?

Grow up will you?

No....the democrats make it very clear that if they had the power they would abolish the right...this is not a fantasy, this is not a delusion...this is slow, incremental actions and outright statements by the members and leadership of the democrat party.....the only thing keeping them from implementing it is they lack the power to do so........

We also have the examples of Germany, Britain and Australia......this is not in our imagination.....

It is, however, a delusion on your part that disarming normal people is a good thing....

More Americans now own and also carry guns for self defense...the gun crime rate, the gun murder rate did not go up...it in fact went down....normal, law abiding people owning and carrying guns is not a problem....the problem is left wing progressives who allow multiple felony violent criminals back onto our streets......they are the ones using illegally owned and carried guns to murder other criminals and other innocent victims......
You people are so dense. Do you realize how many dems in office love guns? If they wanted to abolish the 2nd amendment, why wouldn't they just say so?

Now we get to the nitty gritty. The State cannot refuse a person that is in good standings the right to own a gun. But it can impose regulations and licensing on it. Are you aware that from 1871 to 2015, the state of Texas had a law prohibiting the open carry of firearms in public. Many western towns and cities outlawed guns inside it's city limits. Just a bit of clarrication, the old law read that the weapon could not be concealed and had to be in the ready position. That means, the flap had to be open, the coat had to be open or the hammer leather had to be released. Each state and muncipality could modify it the way they wanted and still can. But you don't have a right to walk down the street with an open carry weapon if the state/municipality has passed a law forbidding it.

Just like democrats could not deny the right to vote, but levied a poll tax on that right and a literacy test on that right and under the 14th Amendment they were found to be unConstitutional....so too are taxes on guns and training requirements...both of which function to limit access to a right....

Grow up will you?

No....the democrats make it very clear that if they had the power they would abolish the right...this is not a fantasy, this is not a delusion...this is slow, incremental actions and outright statements by the members and leadership of the democrat party.....the only thing keeping them from implementing it is they lack the power to do so........

We also have the examples of Germany, Britain and Australia......this is not in our imagination.....

It is, however, a delusion on your part that disarming normal people is a good thing....

More Americans now own and also carry guns for self defense...the gun crime rate, the gun murder rate did not go up...it in fact went down....normal, law abiding people owning and carrying guns is not a problem....the problem is left wing progressives who allow multiple felony violent criminals back onto our streets......they are the ones using illegally owned and carried guns to murder other criminals and other innocent victims......
You people are so dense. Do you realize how many dems in office love guns? If they wanted to abolish the 2nd amendment, why wouldn't they just say so?

Because they keep getting voted out of office when they do......so they have to wait until they can do it without losing power.

Forum List

Back