$1,000 Gun Tax Pushed as “Role Model” for States

I reviewed the 14th. It directly refers to this, yes. But you are bastarding the meaning. Reading in things that it doesn't say to try and justify your perverted logic.
http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/09pdf/08-1521.pdf
The 2nd has been incorporated.

Now we get to the nitty gritty. The State cannot refuse a person that is in good standings the right to own a gun. But it can impose regulations and licensing on it. Are you aware that from 1871 to 2015, the state of Texas had a law prohibiting the open carry of firearms in public. Many western towns and cities outlawed guns inside it's city limits. Just a bit of clarrication, the old law read that the weapon could not be concealed and had to be in the ready position. That means, the flap had to be open, the coat had to be open or the hammer leather had to be released. Each state and muncipality could modify it the way they wanted and still can. But you don't have a right to walk down the street with an open carry weapon if the state/municipality has passed a law forbidding it.

Just like democrats could not deny the right to vote, but levied a poll tax on that right and a literacy test on that right and under the 14th Amendment they were found to be unConstitutional....so too are taxes on guns and training requirements...both of which function to limit access to a right....

You mean the Dixicrats. They started bailing from the Democrats starting in 1935. By 1960, they were no longer Democrats. They had become Republicans and have been ever since.I suggest you read up on the various parties that the Republican and Democratic party. Neither go back to the original formation of this country.

I reviewed the 14th. It directly refers to this, yes. But you are bastarding the meaning. Reading in things that it doesn't say to try and justify your perverted logic.

Now we get to the nitty gritty. The State cannot refuse a person that is in good standings the right to own a gun. But it can impose regulations and licensing on it. Are you aware that from 1871 to 2015, the state of Texas had a law prohibiting the open carry of firearms in public. Many western towns and cities outlawed guns inside it's city limits. Just a bit of clarrication, the old law read that the weapon could not be concealed and had to be in the ready position. That means, the flap had to be open, the coat had to be open or the hammer leather had to be released. Each state and muncipality could modify it the way they wanted and still can. But you don't have a right to walk down the street with an open carry weapon if the state/municipality has passed a law forbidding it.

Just like democrats could not deny the right to vote, but levied a poll tax on that right and a literacy test on that right and under the 14th Amendment they were found to be unConstitutional....so too are taxes on guns and training requirements...both of which function to limit access to a right....

You mean the Dixicrats. They started bailing from the Democrats starting in 1935. By 1960, they were no longer Democrats. They had become Republicans and have been ever since.I suggest you read up on the various parties that the Republican and Democratic party. Neither go back to the original formation of this country.

Wrong......Rebublicans never traded places with the democrats....the democrats fought with murder and violence to keep blacks from voting...when Republicans and their black allies passed the right to vote, and enforced it....then the democrats changed goals and tactics.....since blacks could vote, the democrats decided they would never win power without blacks...so they started the Great Society to buy their votes......and instead of just wanting to have power over blacks...the new democrats, obama, clinton.....realized they wanted power over all Americans.....

I suggest you read up on the history of the democrat party.....a long sad history of racism that they never let go....

Courts have already said, in Obamacare, that the government can tax for any reason. I wish it wasn't so but it is the reality. My argument is that why can't we tax unpopular speech?

The federal government is full of shit. Congress may ONLY tax to pay the debts and to provide for the common defense and generals welfare of the united states. Thus, it may NOT tax to make gun acquisition more difficult.

Wrong......Rebublicans never traded places with the democrats....the democrats fought with murder and violence to keep blacks from voting...when Republicans and their black allies passed the right to vote, and enforced it....then the democrats changed goals and tactics.....since blacks could vote, the democrats decided they would never win power without blacks...so they started the Great Society to buy their votes......and instead of just wanting to have power over blacks...the new democrats, obama, clinton.....realized they wanted power over all Americans.....

I suggest you read up on the history of the democrat party.....a long sad history of racism that they never let go....

You have no idea about history. Enough of this nonsense. You have a nice day.

You have no idea about history. Enough of this nonsense. You have a nice day.

Swallowing the left wing regressive history created to advance their anti American agenda is not understanding history...you really need to free yourself from the left wing regressive nuttery....you too can be free.....

Lol you people are such drama queens. It amazes me how emotional you get about something as stupid as guns. You somehow have this little girl mentality that gun control legislation of any kind somewhere will inevitably lead to abolishing the 2nd amendment everywhere. Oh the horror! Slippery Slope fallacy be damned!

I mean for fuck sake. This is where exactly? The NORTHERN MARIANA ISLANDS. It just amazes me you people piss your pants over this crap. Lol what exactly do you think will happen here in the continental US? NOTHING will happen.

Go ahead and sleep soundly tonight with your fully-loaded AR-15 clutched between your legs. Everyone else still doesn't give a shit about your useless hobby. Sorry to disappoint.
You would sing a different tune if that tax was applied to voting, speech or abortions.

That is the problem with partisan hacks, they ignore the constitution when it doers not suit them and scream like bloody hell when it does. It does not work like that, either you stand up for rights or you are going to find out that you have none.
I honestly feel as through you people intentionally romanticize the gun control issue. You have convinced yourselves that a bunch of fascists are trying to abolish the 2nd admendment and take away your freedom. You like the childish fantasy that your huge, laughable gun collection will serve some revolutionary purpose when in reality there is not a single democrat in office that wants to abolish the amendment and there never will be.

Grow up will you?

No....the democrats make it very clear that if they had the power they would abolish the right...this is not a fantasy, this is not a delusion...this is slow, incremental actions and outright statements by the members and leadership of the democrat party.....the only thing keeping them from implementing it is they lack the power to do so........

We also have the examples of Germany, Britain and Australia......this is not in our imagination.....

It is, however, a delusion on your part that disarming normal people is a good thing....

More Americans now own and also carry guns for self defense...the gun crime rate, the gun murder rate did not go up...it in fact went down....normal, law abiding people owning and carrying guns is not a problem....the problem is left wing progressives who allow multiple felony violent criminals back onto our streets......they are the ones using illegally owned and carried guns to murder other criminals and other innocent victims......
You people are so dense. Do you realize how many dems in office love guns? If they wanted to abolish the 2nd amendment, why wouldn't they just say so?

Because they keep getting voted out of office when they do......so they have to wait until they can do it without losing power.
Oh I'm sure you have examples then.

Yep.....

Democrats lose jobs over gun control

Two Colorado state lawmakers paid the ultimate political price for supporting tougher gun restrictions, in a sweeping victory for the National Rifle Association.

State Senate President John Morse and Sen. Angela Giron were rejected by voters Tuesday in an unprecedented recall prompted by their votes in favor of 15-round limits on high-capacity magazines and universal background checks for firearm sales. Both Democrats became the first lawmakers in the state to be recalled.

and a more detailed list....

Where Guns Won And Lost In The 2014 Midterm Elections - Bearing Arms - 2014 elections, 2nd Amendment, Politics

Greg Abbott trounced Wendy Davis in Texas, and announced that he’d sign a bill legalizing the open carry of handguns just as soon as legislators put the bill on his new governor’s desk.

Anthony Brown, the hand-selected heir-apparent to the out-going anti-gun Martin O’Malley, referred to his opponent as a gun-loving “extremist” throughout the election. He was trounced, as Larry Hogan took his NRA “A-” rating to smash Brown by nine points in the deep blue state.

Incumbent Pat Quinn, who fought tooth and nail for gun control and recently proposed a state-level assault weapon ban in Illinois, was likewise convincingly defeated boy five points in the deep blue state.

In Maine, Gabby Giffords-backed Michael Michaud failed against NRA-backed incumbent Paul LePage

NRA-backed candidates also won in Alabama, Idaho, Kansas, Michigan, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.

Do not expect any governors, in even traditionally blue states, to push gun control in the next few years. Instead, expect them to support a widening of concealed carry, and perhaps the call for a national concealed carry reciprocity act.

U.S. Senate
As important as the governor’s races were, all eyes were on the U.S. Senate races, where Republicans were expected to gain seats, and the big question was whether or not they would take control of the Senate, and if so, by how much.

While the dust is still settling, NRA-backed candidates in the Senate will be taking power as a result of the elections, and Democrats who supported gun control will be pondering their retirement plans.

Despite running the most expensive senatorial campaign in U.S. history, Kay Hagan was unseated in North Carolina by NRA-backed Thom Tillis.

In Kentucky, Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes attempted to portray herself as a pro-gun candidate on the surface while supporting President Obama’s anti-gun policies, and was immediately crushed as the first Senate hopeful to fall election night to Second Amendment-supporting Mitch McConnell.

NRA-backed Senate candidates also won in Arkansas, Georgia, West Virginia, and Utah. The outcome in Alaska (where both candidates had NRA “A”-rating) will likely result in another Republican victory, and the Louisiana run-off in December is expected to see NRA-backed Bill Cassidy dethrone Democrat incumbent Mary Landrieu.

The stunning degree of upset in the Senate, along with the expansion of the control of the U.S. House of Representatives, means that gun owners have a real shot at passing gun-friendly bills on the national level.

Last edited:
If this goes to court it's hard to imagine this won't get struck down as unconstitutional. A $1,000 per gun tax is essentially a ban on guns for everyone except the wealthy. Why do Democrats think only the rich and powerful should have the ability to defend themselves, yet again expressing their disdain for poor and middle class Americans?

WASHINGTON, D.C. – A $1,000 per gun tax should serve as a “role model” for states, according to the governor of the U.S. territory of the Northern Mariana Islands, which imposed the $1,000 gun tax earlier this month. An idea first endorsed by Hillary Clinton in 1993, steep gun taxes have now taken hold in Cook County, Ill. the city of Seattle, and now a U.S. territory.

Lol you people are such drama queens. It amazes me how emotional you get about something as stupid as guns. You somehow have this little girl mentality that gun control legislation of any kind somewhere will inevitably lead to abolishing the 2nd amendment everywhere. Oh the horror! Slippery Slope fallacy be damned!

I mean for fuck sake. This is where exactly? The NORTHERN MARIANA ISLANDS. It just amazes me you people piss your pants over this crap. Lol what exactly do you think will happen here in the continental US? NOTHING will happen.

Go ahead and sleep soundly tonight with your fully-loaded AR-15 clutched between your legs. Everyone else still doesn't give a shit about your useless hobby. Sorry to disappoint.
You would sing a different tune if that tax was applied to voting, speech or abortions.

That is the problem with partisan hacks, they ignore the constitution when it doers not suit them and scream like bloody hell when it does. It does not work like that, either you stand up for rights or you are going to find out that you have none.
I honestly feel as through you people intentionally romanticize the gun control issue. You have convinced yourselves that a bunch of fascists are trying to abolish the 2nd admendment and take away your freedom. You like the childish fantasy that your huge, laughable gun collection will serve some revolutionary purpose when in reality there is not a single democrat in office that wants to abolish the amendment and there never will be.

Grow up will you?

Wow, what a childish attempt to deflect. I notice that you did not bother to address the point at all and somehow thought insults were the way to go.

Lets try again: apply that same logic to ANY OTHER RIGHT and ask yourself if it is a gross violation? The FACT is that it is clearly a violation to anyone with a brain. End of story. This case IS an example of someone trying to flatly take the right to bear arms away. That is blatantly obvious. One has to wonder, while you are calling others 'you people' of all things, why you are so damn obtuse that you refuse to acknowledge something so blatantly obvious.

Gun-Control.jpg

If this goes to court it's hard to imagine this won't get struck down as unconstitutional. A $1,000 per gun tax is essentially a ban on guns for everyone except the wealthy. Why do Democrats think only the rich and powerful should have the ability to defend themselves, yet again expressing their disdain for poor and middle class Americans?

WASHINGTON, D.C. – A $1,000 per gun tax should serve as a “role model” for states, according to the governor of the U.S. territory of the Northern Mariana Islands, which imposed the $1,000 gun tax earlier this month. An idea first endorsed by Hillary Clinton in 1993, steep gun taxes have now taken hold in Cook County, Ill. the city of Seattle, and now a U.S. territory.

Grow up will you?

Wow, what a childish attempt to deflect. I notice that you did not bother to address the point at all and somehow thought insults were the way to go.

Lets try again: apply that same logic to ANY OTHER RIGHT and ask yourself if it is a gross violation? The FACT is that it is clearly a violation to anyone with a brain. End of story. This case IS an example of someone trying to flatly take the right to bear arms away. That is blatantly obvious. One has to wonder, while you are calling others 'you people' of all things, why you are so damn obtuse that you refuse to acknowledge something so blatantly obvious.
Ok it's really stupid to compare guns to voting, speech, and abortions. Obviously there shouldn't be a tax on voting. Any idiot can tell you that. A woman has a right to do what she wants with her own body. A tax on speech wouldn't make any sense. However, like guns, speech has limitations. Defamation and child pornography are both illegal. Why shouldn't guns, that are dangerous, have limitations as well? And no, I don't at all support abolishing the second amendment. It just needs restrictions that serve the greater good like any right has.

Grow up will you?

Ok it's really stupid to compare guns to voting, speech, and abortions. Obviously there shouldn't be a tax on voting. Any idiot can tell you that. A woman has a right to do what she wants with her own body. A tax on speech wouldn't make any sense. However, like guns, speech has limitations. Defamation and child pornography are both illegal. Why shouldn't guns, that are dangerous, have limitations as well? And no, I don't at all support abolishing the second amendment. It just needs restrictions that serve the greater good like any right has.
Gun-Control.jpg

Yep.....

Two Colorado state lawmakers paid the ultimate political price for supporting tougher gun restrictions, in a sweeping victory for the National Rifle Association.

State Senate President John Morse and Sen. Angela Giron were rejected by voters Tuesday in an unprecedented recall prompted by their votes in favor of 15-round limits on high-capacity magazines and universal background checks for firearm sales. Both Democrats became the first lawmakers in the state to be recalled.

Where Guns Won And Lost In The 2014 Midterm Elections - Bearing Arms - 2014 elections, 2nd Amendment, Politics

Greg Abbott trounced Wendy Davis in Texas, and announced that he’d sign a bill legalizing the open carry of handguns just as soon as legislators put the bill on his new governor’s desk.

Anthony Brown, the hand-selected heir-apparent to the out-going anti-gun Martin O’Malley, referred to his opponent as a gun-loving “extremist” throughout the election. He was trounced, as Larry Hogan took his NRA “A-” rating to smash Brown by nine points in the deep blue state.

Incumbent Pat Quinn, who fought tooth and nail for gun control and recently proposed a state-level assault weapon ban in Illinois, was likewise convincingly defeated boy five points in the deep blue state.

In Maine, Gabby Giffords-backed Michael Michaud failed against NRA-backed incumbent Paul LePage

NRA-backed candidates also won in Alabama, Idaho, Kansas, Michigan, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.

Do not expect any governors, in even traditionally blue states, to push gun control in the next few years. Instead, expect them to support a widening of concealed carry, and perhaps the call for a national concealed carry reciprocity act.

U.S. Senate
As important as the governor’s races were, all eyes were on the U.S. Senate races, where Republicans were expected to gain seats, and the big question was whether or not they would take control of the Senate, and if so, by how much.

While the dust is still settling, NRA-backed candidates in the Senate will be taking power as a result of the elections, and Democrats who supported gun control will be pondering their retirement plans.

Despite running the most expensive senatorial campaign in U.S. history, Kay Hagan was unseated in North Carolina by NRA-backed Thom Tillis.

In Kentucky, Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes attempted to portray herself as a pro-gun candidate on the surface while supporting President Obama’s anti-gun policies, and was immediately crushed as the first Senate hopeful to fall election night to Second Amendment-supporting Mitch McConnell.

NRA-backed Senate candidates also won in Arkansas, Georgia, West Virginia, and Utah. The outcome in Alaska (where both candidates had NRA “A”-rating) will likely result in another Republican victory, and the Louisiana run-off in December is expected to see NRA-backed Bill Cassidy dethrone Democrat incumbent Mary Landrieu.

The stunning degree of upset in the Senate, along with the expansion of the control of the U.S. House of Representatives, means that gun owners have a real shot at passing gun-friendly bills on the national level.
You are such a dumbass. Pushing gun control legislation is not the same as abolishing the second amendment. Are you people incapable of the most basic level of critical thinking?

Yep.....

U.S. Senate

You are such a dumbass. Pushing gun control legislation is not the same as abolishing the second amendment. Are you people incapable of the most basic level of critical thinking?
hqdefault.jpg

Grow up will you?

Gun-Control.jpg
Lol what a crack up man. Comparing firearm homicides to other fatality causes does not at all take away from the actual problem now does it? To pretend as though 11,493 deaths per year is not a problem simply because there are more dangerous things out there does not take away from the problem. Obviously 11,493 per year is still a problem that must be dealt with like anything else on that graph. This is especially true when you take into account gun deaths in other nations with a lower rate per capita.

Grow up will you?

Gun-Control.jpg
Lol what a crack up man. Comparing firearm homicides to other fatality causes does not at all take away from the actual problem now does it? To pretend as though 11,493 deaths per year is not a problem simply because there are more dangerous things out there does not take away from the problem. Obviously 11,493 per year is still a problem that must be dealt with like anything else on that graph. This is especially true when you take into account gun deaths in other nations with a lower rate per capita.
Gun violence is an nonissue, the country has much bigger fish to fry....

None? According to the Supreme Court with a vote of 5-4, you are incorrect.
I am 100% correct in stating that the 2nd has been incorporated against actions by the state.
Why do you not know this?
You are about 10% correct.
You continue to choose to be wrong.
The 2nd, unquestionably, was incorporated against actions by the state in 2010.

The Supreme court also upheld the concealed and carry law in Colorado where it requires a license.
This is a lie; the SCotUS ruled on no such thing.

The State CAN charge a surcharge on all in state gun sales if they want.
Only in the same way they can lay a $1000 tax on abortions.

Please - lie to us some more.

Lol what a crack up man. Comparing firearm homicides to other fatality causes does not at all take away from the actual problem now does it?
For every gun used to commit murder in the US yesterday, 16.4 million were not.
Your conclusion? We need more gun control.
The "actual" problem: People like you.

What were incapable of is buying the BS charade that THIS new level of gun control will finally be "enough". We all know it isn't "enough" for you gun grabbers and nothing ever will be.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back