$1,000 Gun Tax Pushed as “Role Model” for States

When it comes to gun control of ANY KIND, the state can do anything the voters allow them to do. As long as the State has the option to have a well regulated Militia, they can ban all other guns and ammo if they want.

:laugh2::laugh2: No, they can't. States and cities have been losing those battles in the courts.

Most states have elected to not do this. But MOST states have elected to place some restrictions. Your Bill of Rights loses to the 2nd amendment.

Ummm....... the Second Amendment is part of the Bill of Rights..... :laugh2::laugh2:

So, keep making it up as you go.

:dig:

What circus let you out, clown? :laugh2:

A while back it was popular to "assume" that the president could arbitrarily tax ammo - nearly out of existence, to make firearms nothing more than paperweights. It went nowhere, just as it should have.

My biggest fear is the SCOTUS. They completely ignore their place in the seaparation of powers and routinely (as do most courts) legislate from the bench, just as the left has been "arranging" since the 60s.

That's why it is of the utmost importance that a democrat is NOT elected, or we Will see and end to the second amendment. I promise you that.

Take away guns and they will use knives. If they ban knives how can you carve up the Thanksgiving Turkey?

Indeed. I prefer to shoot my families turkey - they taste SO much better. ;)

Red Neck Pheasant tastes better than store bought turkey but watch out for you might bite a small shotgun pellet.
When I was a kid in the winter the pheasants used to go into the steel culverts under the gravel roads near our ranch for protection from the bitter cold.
My uncles would watch for the pheasant tracks going into the culverts. They had blocked off one end on the culverts with hay bales. When enough pheasants were in the culverts my uncles would quickly cover the open end with canvas tarps. One uncle would then crawl in with a lamp and ring the pheasant's necks.
We got about twenty pheasants from one culvert once.

Oh, when you took your first deer in my family, you were "blooded". Had to take a sip of the blood. My Dad was adamant about it. In my family, the old man never believed in ambushing a deer (tree stand) nope. He taught me and my Brother how to track the deer. Seemed pointless at the time, then years later I went to Viet Nam.....came in kinda handy...
We always had deer, antelope, elk grazing in our wheat fields.
Each time we shot one the first thing we'd do is eat the heart raw. Still do. Elk heart didn't get eaten all at once. LOL LOL.

If this goes to court it's hard to imagine this won't get struck down as unconstitutional. A $1,000 per gun tax is essentially a ban on guns for everyone except the wealthy. Why do Democrats think only the rich and powerful should have the ability to defend themselves, yet again expressing their disdain for poor and middle class Americans?

WASHINGTON, D.C. – A $1,000 per gun tax should serve as a “role model” for states, according to the governor of the U.S. territory of the Northern Mariana Islands, which imposed the $1,000 gun tax earlier this month. An idea first endorsed by Hillary Clinton in 1993, steep gun taxes have now taken hold in Cook County, Ill. the city of Seattle, and now a U.S. territory.

Lol you people are such drama queens. It amazes me how emotional you get about something as stupid as guns. You somehow have this little girl mentality that gun control legislation of any kind somewhere will inevitably lead to abolishing the 2nd amendment everywhere. Oh the horror! Slippery Slope fallacy be damned!

I mean for fuck sake. This is where exactly? The NORTHERN MARIANA ISLANDS. It just amazes me you people piss your pants over this crap. Lol what exactly do you think will happen here in the continental US? NOTHING will happen.

Go ahead and sleep soundly tonight with your fully-loaded AR-15 clutched between your legs. Everyone else still doesn't give a shit about your useless hobby. Sorry to disappoint.

Actually, they need to sleep under the bed. That's where the extra ammo and all the canned goods.

So where is this $1,000 a gun tax money going? That's typically one of the more interesting questions when the thieves on the left start stealing money.

A while back it was popular to "assume" that the president could arbitrarily tax ammo - nearly out of existence, to make firearms nothing more than paperweights. It went nowhere, just as it should have.

My biggest fear is the SCOTUS. They completely ignore their place in the seaparation of powers and routinely (as do most courts) legislate from the bench, just as the left has been "arranging" since the 60s.

That's why it is of the utmost importance that a democrat is NOT elected, or we Will see and end to the second amendment. I promise you that.

Take away guns and they will use knives. If they ban knives how can you carve up the Thanksgiving Turkey?

Indeed. I prefer to shoot my families turkey - they taste SO much better. ;)

Red Neck Pheasant tastes better than store bought turkey but watch out for you might bite a small shotgun pellet.
When I was a kid in the winter the pheasants used to go into the steel culverts under the gravel roads near our ranch for protection from the bitter cold.
My uncles would watch for the pheasant tracks going into the culverts. They had blocked off one end on the culverts with hay bales. When enough pheasants were in the culverts my uncles would quickly cover the open end with canvas tarps. One uncle would then crawl in with a lamp and ring the pheasant's necks.
We got about twenty pheasants from one culvert once.

Pheasant and Quail the birds most likely to make you shit yourself by waiting until you almost step on them before they erupt in a SURPRISE wing flapping explosion.

When it comes to gun control of ANY KIND, the state can do anything the voters allow them to do.
So long as it does not violate the 2nd.
With the upswing of gun killings and the upswing of gun suicides...
Violent crime, gun-related violent crime, murder and gun-related murder has fallen 55% since 1993.
Upswing?

The STATE has the right to regulate guns, not the feds. Tell me, is it against the 2nd amendment to:

1. limit clip size to a max of 15 capacity
2. requires ALL gun sales to have to have a federal background check
3. Limit the rail system on the gun to prevent the use of military addons

Are those against the 2nd amendment?

Since 1992, NYCs murder rate has gone down to a third of what it was. And there is no place in the US with stricter gun laws than NYC. It wasn't guns in everyones hands, it was the cooperation between the Barrows Police and the neighorhood people. MOST people in those neighborhoods aren't criminals. Criminals can only exist by making the people frightened to death. Those gangs were placed under the Rico act and it allowed the cops to handle things better and the courts to convict much easier.

Now, what Federal Law is trying to take your guns again? Supreme Court already ruled on that. And it has already ruled about the States regulating Guns at that level. Feds can't, States can and it's in the 2nd Amendment, "A well regulated Militia". A bunch of gun nuts running around with guns aren't "Well Regulated". Only the States can determine what is a "Well Regulated Militia".

If you are spending sleepless nights about the government coming for your guns, you can elect to move to one that isn't and then get active there politically to prevent it from happening. Pissing and moaning about the Feds are out to get your guns is just bitching.

Oh, when you took your first deer in my family, you were "blooded". Had to take a sip of the blood. My Dad was adamant about it. In my family, the old man never believed in ambushing a deer (tree stand) nope. He taught me and my Brother how to track the deer. Seemed pointless at the time, then years later I went to Viet Nam.....came in kinda handy...

Learning how to shoot and handle a gun at a very young age, five years old, gave me moral support in Nam.

Right on my Brother. Ashau Valley - 1968. Left a lot of good friends there.

Quang Tri City, Quang Tri Province 29 May 1972.

God Bless you, Brother. My brother was in the Marines (RIP) at Khe Sahn..got home safetly, became a DI at Parris Island and eventually retired as a Master Gunney. He passed a couple of years ago at Jacksonville, NC.

After I got wounded, (RPG) I was sent to Frankfurt and recovered there. After that I re-upped, changed MOS went to school, became a WO and spent the next 20 or so years in Europe.

I was in the Navy riding a DDG (Guided Missile Destroyer) and on the Cua (cua means canal in French) Viet River sometimes called the Qua Viet River which was the DMZ at the time. My DDG tore the shit out of the zipper heads in Quang Tri amongst other places..
What was the hull number of your can. I served on DD-681 back in the day!

When it comes to gun control of ANY KIND, the state can do anything the voters allow them to do.
Violent crime, gun-related violent crime, murder and gun-related murder has fallen 55% since 1993.
Upswing?

The STATE has the right to regulate guns, not the feds. Tell me, is it against the 2nd amendment to:

Since 1992, NYCs murder rate has gone down to a third of what it was. And there is no place in the US with stricter gun laws than NYC. It wasn't guns in everyones hands, it was the cooperation between the Barrows Police and the neighorhood people. MOST people in those neighborhoods aren't criminals. Criminals can only exist by making the people frightened to death. Those gangs were placed under the Rico act and it allowed the cops to handle things better and the courts to convict much easier.

Now, what Federal Law is trying to take your guns again? Supreme Court already ruled on that. And it has already ruled about the States regulating Guns at that level. Feds can't, States can and it's in the 2nd Amendment, "A well regulated Militia". A bunch of gun nuts running around with guns aren't "Well Regulated". Only the States can determine what is a "Well Regulated Militia".

If you are spending sleepless nights about the government coming for your guns, you can elect to move to one that isn't and then get active there politically to prevent it from happening. Pissing and moaning about the Feds are out to get your guns is just bitching.

Yes....they are all unConstitutional.

No twit......all violent crime has gone down across the country, and it has gone down more in states with concealed and open carry laws....

So...your entire belief system crumbles.......as more Americans have bought and owned guns and now carry them for self defense since the 1990s the gun crime rate and the over all violent crime rate has gone down.....so Americans owning and carrying guns does not increase the crime rate or the gun murder rate...

Why should they be that privileged when they can dictate to the government?

What this country needs is to resend the tax exemptions of religions.
The 10 Richest Religions in the World
The 10 Richest Religions in the World
10. The Church of Scientology
9. Freemasonry
8. Protestantism
7. Televangelism
6. Episcopalian
5. The Church of England
4. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
3. Judaism
2. Islam
1. Roman Catholic Church

Yeah....that pesky Bill of Rights and that 1st Amendment.........freedom of religion.....you can't have freedom of religion if the government can tax it out of existence.....

If this goes to court it's hard to imagine this won't get struck down as unconstitutional. A $1,000 per gun tax is essentially a ban on guns for everyone except the wealthy. Why do Democrats think only the rich and powerful should have the ability to defend themselves, yet again expressing their disdain for poor and middle class Americans?

WASHINGTON, D.C. – A $1,000 per gun tax should serve as a “role model” for states, according to the governor of the U.S. territory of the Northern Mariana Islands, which imposed the $1,000 gun tax earlier this month. An idea first endorsed by Hillary Clinton in 1993, steep gun taxes have now taken hold in Cook County, Ill. the city of Seattle, and now a U.S. territory.

Lol you people are such drama queens. It amazes me how emotional you get about something as stupid as guns. You somehow have this little girl mentality that gun control legislation of any kind somewhere will inevitably lead to abolishing the 2nd amendment everywhere. Oh the horror! Slippery Slope fallacy be damned!

I mean for fuck sake. This is where exactly? The NORTHERN MARIANA ISLANDS. It just amazes me you people piss your pants over this crap. Lol what exactly do you think will happen here in the continental US? NOTHING will happen.

Go ahead and sleep soundly tonight with your fully-loaded AR-15 clutched between your legs. Everyone else still doesn't give a shit about your useless hobby. Sorry to disappoint.
You would sing a different tune if that tax was applied to voting, speech or abortions.

That is the problem with partisan hacks, they ignore the constitution when it doers not suit them and scream like bloody hell when it does. It does not work like that, either you stand up for rights or you are going to find out that you have none.

Upswing?

No twit......all violent crime has gone down across the country, and it has gone down more in states with concealed and open carry laws....

So...your entire belief system crumbles.......as more Americans have bought and owned guns and now carry them for self defense since the 1990s the gun crime rate and the over all violent crime rate has gone down.....so Americans owning and carrying guns does not increase the crime rate or the gun murder rate...

This has already been presented to SCOTUS and they ruled 5-4 (that means at least one Republican nominated Judge voted with the Dems) that what I stated WAS constitutional. You want it all. But you fail to understand that if you only accept for it all, there is a better chance that you will get nothing.

Upswing?

This has already been presented to SCOTUS and they ruled 5-4 (that means at least one Republican nominated Judge voted with the Dems) that what I stated WAS constitutional. You want it all. But you fail to understand that if you only accept for it all, there is a better chance that you will get nothing.

Doesn't matter who nominated them......if they are libs they vote against our rights........and no matter what 5 politically appointed lawyers say, out of a country of over 320,000,000 million people....they are not Constitutional.

Upswing?

Doesn't matter who nominated them......if they are libs they vote against our rights........and no matter what 5 politically appointed lawyers say, out of a country of over 320,000,000 million people....they are not Constitutional.

The deciding vote was from a conservative. And it's not about making new laws, it's interpreting the existing ones on the books. You don't like that ruling then I suggest you keep throwing those temper tamtrums that you ultra right wingers are so famous for lately. You think you have something to throw a tantrum over now, wait until after this year.

You would sing a different tune if that tax was applied to voting, speech or abortions.

That is the problem with partisan hacks, they ignore the constitution when it doers not suit them and scream like bloody hell when it does. It does not work like that, either you stand up for rights or you are going to find out that you have none.
I honestly feel as through you people intentionally romanticize the gun control issue. You have convinced yourselves that a bunch of fascists are trying to abolish the 2nd admendment and take away your freedom. You like the childish fantasy that your huge, laughable gun collection will serve some revolutionary purpose when in reality there is not a single democrat in office that wants to abolish the amendment and there never will be.

Grow up will you?

Forum List

Back