$1,000 Gun Tax Pushed as “Role Model” for States

Courts have already said, in Obamacare, that the government can tax for any reason. I wish it wasn't so but it is the reality. My argument is that why can't we tax unpopular speech?
I suggest a poll tax then. Say, 100.00 bucks to use the voting machine? Not actually taxing the right to vote, just covering the cost to purchase, set up and operate the voting places.
The courts and the democrats should be just fine with that. I know I would be ok with it.

Oh, when you took your first deer in my family, you were "blooded". Had to take a sip of the blood. My Dad was adamant about it. In my family, the old man never believed in ambushing a deer (tree stand) nope. He taught me and my Brother how to track the deer. Seemed pointless at the time, then years later I went to Viet Nam.....came in kinda handy...

Learning how to shoot and handle a gun at a very young age, five years old, gave me moral support in Nam.

Right on my Brother. Ashau Valley - 1968. Left a lot of good friends there.

Quang Tri City, Quang Tri Province 29 May 1972.

Courts have already said, in Obamacare, that the government can tax for any reason. I wish it wasn't so but it is the reality. My argument is that why can't we tax unpopular speech?
I suggest a poll tax then. Say, 100.00 bucks to use the voting machine? Not actually taxing the right to vote, just covering the cost to purchase, set up and operate the voting places.
The courts and the democrats should be just fine with that. I know I would be ok with it.

Jesus. The left goes ape shit crazy at the thought of requiring proof of ID - even if it is free....I'm sure their heads would EXPLODE at the thought of a "poll tax" :)

Oh, when you took your first deer in my family, you were "blooded". Had to take a sip of the blood. My Dad was adamant about it. In my family, the old man never believed in ambushing a deer (tree stand) nope. He taught me and my Brother how to track the deer. Seemed pointless at the time, then years later I went to Viet Nam.....came in kinda handy...

Learning how to shoot and handle a gun at a very young age, five years old, gave me moral support in Nam.

God Bless you, Brother. My brother was in the Marines (RIP) at Khe Sahn..got home safetly, became a DI at Parris Island and eventually retired as a Master Gunney. He passed a couple of years ago at Jacksonville, NC.

After I got wounded, (RPG) I was sent to Frankfurt and recovered there. After that I re-upped, changed MOS went to school, became a WO and spent the next 20 or so years in Europe.

God Bless you, Brother. My brother was in the Marines (RIP) at Khe Sahn..got home safetly, became a DI at Parris Island and eventually retired as a Master Gunney. He passed a couple of years ago at Jacksonville, NC.

After I got wounded, (RPG) I was sent to Frankfurt and recovered there. After that I re-upped, changed MOS went to school, became a WO and spent the next 20 or so years in Europe.

I was in the Navy riding a DDG (Guided Missile Destroyer) and on the Cua (cua means canal in French) Viet River sometimes called the Qua Viet River which was the DMZ at the time. My DDG tore the shit out of the zipper heads in Quang Tri amongst other places..

Last edited:
My Son and Daughter both joined the Navy (as you can see, military service runs in the family). My Son was a WEPS officer on a missile cruiser and the Daughter went to law school (the Navy paid for it) and she served as a JAG officer on the West Coast.

Thanks for your service guys. Never served, but my Dad was a lifer in the Army; WW II, Korea and adviser in earlier days of Vietnam. Retired as a CW4.

Thanks for your service guys. Never served, but my Dad was a lifer in the Army; WW II, Korea and adviser in earlier days of Vietnam. Retired as a CW4.

I retired as a CW4 as well. My Father served, his Father served as well. My old man INSISTED that we serve. He retired as a One star in the Air Force. If my Brother and I hadn't enlisted - he would have kicked the piss out of us :). Thanks!

They can wet dream all they want but guns are the third rail of politics. They'll be shooting themselves in the foot and most know it.

My Son and Daughter both joined the Navy (as you can see, military service runs in the family). My Son was a WEPS officer on a missile cruiser and the Daughter went to law school (the Navy paid for it) and she served as a JAG officer on the West Coast.

Rodney Rempt, nicknamed Ramrod Rempt by the crew was my weapons officer and lost touch with him. Many years later gained touch with him again he was a Rear Admiral and President of the Naval War College and a few years after that he was Superintendent of Annapolis and retired a Vice Admiral.

Rodney Rempt, nicknamed Ramrod Rempt by the crew was my weapons officer and lost touch with him. Many years later gained touch with him again he was a Rear Admiral and President of the Naval War College and a few years after that he was Superintendent of Annapolis and retired a Vice Admiral.

Geez....small world, huh?

Geez....small world, huh?

I have a picture of the weapons, fire control and executive officer doing the see no evil, say no evil and hear no evil at sea in hostile waters.

I remember, right before a firefight, we were patrolling a near a foot bridge in a rice paddy. Our platoon sergeant comes by and tells us "6 says follow the ROEs to the letter". My Squad Leader says, "what the hell does that shit mean?" The PS Says (as he smiles) shoot any damned thing that moves...

As time went on, I realized that the radio traffic was always used to CYA. No one gave a shit. We were in "Indian Country". shoot first and explain it later... :)

I remember, right before a firefight, we were patrolling a near a foot bridge in a rice paddy. Our platoon sergeant comes by and tells us "6 says follow the ROEs to the letter". My Squad Leader says, "what the hell does that shit mean?" The PS Says (as he smiles) shoot any damned thing that moves...

As time went on, I realized that the radio traffic was always used to CYA. No one gave a shit. We were in "Indian Country". shoot first and explain it later... :)

It was illegal to listen to radio Hanoi but they played the best rock and roll. I modified a transistor radio and put the broadcast all over the ship.

I retired as a CW4 as well. My Father served, his Father served as well. My old man INSISTED that we serve. He retired as a One star in the Air Force. If my Brother and I hadn't enlisted - he would have kicked the piss out of us :). Thanks!

Ha.. well, when exiting college I took the OCS exam at Poland Avenue here in NOLA, did very well. My wife put the kibosh on it though, she didn't want all the moving and whatnot. My dad was cool ith it.

And to think that now, when these young bloods come back from overseas, there is at least a 50/50 chance that if they seek help from the bullshit VA, their second amendment rights will be taken away.

There are days when I can't do anything else but shake my head in disgust at what this country has become...

Ha.. well, when exiting college I took the OCS exam at Poland Avenue here in NOLA, did very well. My wife put the kibosh on it though, she didn't want all the moving and whatnot. My dad was cool ith it.

:)

Moving around was no big deal to me. Growing up in the military, a different base every year or two was nothing, from AZ, to SC, to OK, to OH, to SD, to NE, to England, to Scotland, to Turkey, to Italy and then back to the states to start the tour all over again....

When my Dad finally retired at Luke AFB in AZ, we bought a home in Kentucky (my Dad's boyhood home) and settled down. A year later, I joined the Army. GO figure :)

Moving around was no big deal to me. Growing up in the military, a different base every year or two was nothing, from AZ, to SC, to OK, to OH, to SD, to NE, to England, to Scotland, to Turkey, to Italy and then back to the states to start the tour all over again....

When my Dad finally retired at Luke AFB in AZ, we bought a home in Kentucky (my Dad's boyhood home) and settled down. A year later, I joined the Army. GO figure :)

My Dad was in the Coast Guard and my Uncle was in the Marines during WW2 and I joined the Navy, go figure.

My Dad was in the Coast Guard and my Uncle was in the Marines during WW2 and I joined the Navy, go figure.

Hey! You like the water!

Forum List

Back