🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

1,748 Days since the Declaration Of "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED"

Nice attempt to change the subject.

I thought he was right on topic. Y'all just keep changing the topics when you get bested.

FWIW, if Teddy Kennedy had been convicted of anything, it probably, at worst, would have been for criminally negligent homicide and for leaving the scene. And yes, family connections and power bring assistance, kind of like when you're arrested for drunk driving and you're one of the Bush family.

See how that works.

Mostly, both of those things happened far too long ago to be relevant any longer. Would I want to be buds with either? Nope.

I also think it's pretty low to question what I do whenever you don't agree with me.

Ends discussion. Capice?

I thought he was right on topic. Y'all just keep changing the topics when you get bested.

FWIW, if Teddy Kennedy had been convicted of anything, it probably, at worst, would have been for criminally negligent homicide and for leaving the scene. And yes, family connections and power bring assistance, kind of like when you're arrested for drunk driving and you're one of the Bush family.

See how that works.

Mostly, both of those things happened far too long ago to be relevant any longer. Would I want to be buds with either? Nope.

I also think it's pretty low to question what I do whenever you don't agree with me.

Ends discussion. Capice?

It ends when you quit trying to be sole judge of opinion and law. The blatantly ignorant claim that MY opinion was in fact not an opinion while yours was just fine is what this is all about. Your claim that one can not have an opinion about someone having broken a law was and is ignorant on it's face. Further to make that claim while telling us about what a stellar Lawyer you are? Please. You don't want similar treatment? Don't try and pretend you are sole judge and jury on others. You should hang out with Maineman he does the same crap.

The only one bested in this and other threads is you, dear...but at least you have the balls to respond

Criminally negligent homicide? Really....nice tapdance...I personally know folks that did jail time and heavy fines for much less than Kennedy actually leaving a dead body in his car, while not reporting the accident for several hours and leaving the scene, and as even a cursury investigation would undoubtly prove he was DUI.....even a political hack should be able to admit that FACT...

See how that works.

Right.... SEE HOW THAT WORKS ?

I don't really give a shit how long ago it was ....its happens to be the principal of the event

And I don't question what you do...but I can sure see a reason to question how well you do what you do....you've shown yourself to be more of a political hack, than a warrior for truth and justice....

Ends discussion. Capice?

I other words...you seem to have serious character flaw....capice?

Ohh I see, so if i say Kennedy is a murderer I MUST add "in my opinion"... I will remember that ever time you leftwing morons make idiotic statements.

if you claim that it is a fact that Kennedy is a murderer, you are inaccurate, if you claim that it is your opinion that he killed someone, fine.

if you claim that it is a fact that Kennedy is a murderer, you are inaccurate, if you claim that it is your opinion that he killed someone, fine.

Hello mm....
I don't feel up to playing word games with you tonight....us laymen express ourselves in terms that have a generic meaning, understood by the masses, and may not be accurate in a court of law...in plain words, we speak like common people, instead of lawyers.......that said...and of course its my opinion.....
It is a fact in my mind.....
Yeah...I'd accuse Kennedy of being guilty of murder in the second degree, legally....IMO...

I have every reason to believe he was DUI....
I have every reason to believe he left the scene of an accident....
I have every reason to believe he didn't report this accident for several critical hours.....
I have every reason to believe the Mary Jo died as a result of this accident...
and I have every reason to believe that he was treated in a manner that would be unthinkable if he wasn't who he is.....
A Mass. hero, a powerful Democratic Senator, in an overwhelming Democratic state....
A bullshit investigation, if you can even call it that.... that meant nothing....
A silent media for the most part.....
No charges at all to speak of....none that come to mind anyway....not even minor charges...that were plainly warrented on the face of the facts....

Leaving the scene...
Failure to report a fatal accident...
And as any token investigation would show....DUI....

Yeah...I'd conclude the dude got away with Murder 2....

And I need only recall several Republicans that resign their positions, get convicted, fined, or are at least the victims of character assassination...for the most mundane of accusations.....lately sins of morality, of all the bullshit...not even illegal activity, but sins against some moral value....

Thats justice in this country as of today.....but what goes around, comes around...and you may see things from a new, different perspective in the future.......actually I hope it never comes to that....but at lease returns to some more central, neutral balance....in plain words, justice....

Hello mm....
I don't feel up to playing word games with you tonight....us laymen express ourselves in terms that have a generic meaning, understood by the masses, and may not be accurate in a court of law...in plain words, we speak like common people, instead of lawyers.......that said...and of course its my opinion.....
It is a fact in my mind.....
Yeah...I'd accuse Kennedy of being guilty of murder in the second degree, legally....IMO...

I have every reason to believe he was DUI....
I have every reason to believe he left the scene of an accident....
I have every reason to believe he didn't report this accident for several critical hours.....
I have every reason to believe the Mary Jo died as a result of this accident...
and I have every reason to believe that he was treated in a manner that would be unthinkable if he wasn't who he is.....
A Mass. hero, a powerful Democratic Senator, in an overwhelming Democratic state....
A bullshit investigation, if you can even call it that.... that meant nothing....
A silent media for the most part.....
No charges at all to speak of....none that come to mind anyway....not even minor charges...that were plainly warrented on the face of the facts....

Leaving the scene...
Failure to report a fatal accident...
And as any token investigation would show....DUI....

Yeah...I'd conclude the dude got away with Murder 2....

And I need only recall several Republicans that resign their positions, get convicted, fined, or are at least the victims of character assassination...for the most mundane of accusations.....lately sins of morality, of all the bullshit...not even illegal activity, but sins against some moral value....

Thats justice in this country as of today.....but what goes around, comes around...and you may see things from a new, different perspective in the future.......actually I hope it never comes to that....but at lease returns to some more central, neutral balance....in plain words, justice....

All opinion.... and you are certainly entitled to it. In fact, I disagree with much less of it than you would otherwise suspect. The only sentence above I have a real problem with is the bolded one. NO ONE is "guilty" of ANY crime based upon any one person's opinion...unless the crime was adjudicated with a bench trial.

All opinion.... and you are certainly entitled to it. In fact, I disagree with much less of it than you would otherwise suspect. The only sentence above I have a real problem with is the bolded one. NO ONE is "guilty" of ANY crime based upon any one person's opinion...unless the crime was adjudicated with a bench trial.
Seems that Republicans are much the same everywhere: they can't tell the difference between opinion and fact here either. It's all that impatience with "nuance" I think.

Hiya, mm. ;)

Seems that Republicans are much the same everywhere: they can't tell the difference between opinion and fact here either.
The difference is clear to anyone paying attention:

-When a Dem/Lib makes an accusation/statement, its a statement of opinion and doesn't need to be proven in the least;
-When a Rep/conservative makes an accusation/statement, its a statement of fact and must be proven as if it were in a court of law.

It's all that self-righteous partisan bigotry, I think.

Then there needs to be a solution from inside Iraq. Time to divide the country into three, allocate the oil between them, make our deals and get out.

Why? So the French, Germans, Russians and maybe the Chinese can take over where they left off.

Until they are able to function in a stable manner. It might take forever. Probably not. But see it through to the end and do not leave until/if they are able to function without disrupting the entire world continually.

BTW, dividing up the Ottoman Empire is where all this BS started. It's a method of conquering a land, and it works. So it always makes me giggle when liberals, who insist we are being imperialist bastards by "illegally" occupying poor Iraq, propose dividing it up. Now that would be the act of a tyrant.

well.. it would be if we had any intention on keeping the divided land for our own gain instead of giving autonomous authority to the people living there....

interesting that you assume such would be standard operating procedure though.

:thup:

The Ottoman Empire was divided up SPECIFICALLY to de-stabilize the region, in order to give European and British Imperial Bastards a way to gain control over the Arab lands. It worked then and it would work now.

Regardless of the purely altruistic motive of liberals who would divide the country to "help" their Iraqi brothers, the result would be the same. Mayhem, bloodshed, and continued unrest forever. With liberals scrambling like crazy to create jobs for themseles and oppressing the people they say they're helping.

Dividing it up along ethnic lines would NOT be tyrannical. In fact, that is what the British and the French should have done in the first place when they created those countries. Same with Africa. Instead, they had tribes and ideologies that were always going to bash heads. If they had been divided up along ethnic/tribal/religious lines in the first place, there would have been nowhere near the amount of bloodshed there has been. Nothing liberal about it.

Only if they elect to divide it up themselves, equably, would it not be the work of a tyrant.

But liberals don't get this, because they don't understand what tyranny is. They think their attitude of "we know what's best for you and because we know it's best, we're going to do it, regardless of what you want" is something other than what it is...tyranny.

Only if they elect to divide it up themselves, equably, would it not be the work of a tyrant.

But liberals don't get this, because they don't understand what tyranny is. They think their attitude of "we know what's best for you and because we know it's best, we're going to do it, regardless of what you want" is something other than what it is...tyranny.

Of course they would have to have a say in it. However if they did it ALL themselves, then that in itself would cause problems because it would have to be equitable. There is no way the Sunnis would accept that the Shi'ites get all the oil fields for example. But it will never happen anyway. There is no way Turkey or Iran would allow the Kurds to have a homeland because the Kurds in their respective countries would demand similar. Again, nothing to do with liberal or conservative thinking...

Seems that Republicans are much the same everywhere: they can't tell the difference between opinion and fact here either. It's all that impatience with "nuance" I think.

Hiya, mm. ;)

ornot! fellow traveler...it is good knowing you are there with me!

welcome!

The difference is clear to anyone paying attention:

-When a Dem/Lib makes an accusation/statement, its a statement of opinion and doesn't need to be proven in the least;
-When a Rep/conservative makes an accusation/statement, its a statement of fact and must be proven as if it were in a court of law.

It's all that self-righteous partisan bigotry, I think.

when a dem/lib makes an accusation/statement, it is intelligently phrased as an opinion.

when a troglodyte republican/neocon makes an accusation, it is inaccurately phrased as a fact.

it's all about basic intelligence and understanding the colorful and nuanced nature of our language. Some people use words like an artist uses paint.... some people use words like a housepainter uses paint.

Forum List

Back