🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

1,748 Days since the Declaration Of "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED"

Of course it can be an opinion. Anything can be an opinion.
And since its an opinion, I dont have to provide a shred of evidence to support it.

No. That isn't true. Opinions don't need evidence. You know, like it's my opinion that Bush is an incompetent moron.

Legally defined term: murder: "kill intentionally and with premeditation".

See how easy that is.

And if you can't see the difference, then it's *my* opinion that you're too stupid to find your butt with both hands. ;)

No. That isn't true. Opinions don't need evidence. You know, like it's my opinion that Bush is an incompetent moron.
Hmm. I said:
"And since its an opinion, I dont have to provide a shred of evidence to support it."
So.. what part of my statement are you disagreeing with?

So...?
See the quotes in my sig re: this not being a court of law.

And if you can't see the difference, then it's *my* opinion that you're too stupid to find your butt with both hands
As opposed to yours, that's large enough to land aircraft?
:lol:

Hmm. I said:
"And since its an opinion, I dont have to provide a shred of evidence to support it."
So.. what part of my statement are you disagreeing with?

So...?
See the quotes in my sig re: this not being a court of law.

So because this isn't a court of law, you feel free to disregard the definitions of words?

Cool... that means I can apply any meaning I choose to any of your posts, right? :eusa_clap:

By the way, if you don't know what the people you're quoting meant, again, you're either stupid or intentionally duplicitous. Which are you gonna cop to?

So because this isn't a court of law, you feel free to disregard the definitions of words?
I'm not disregarding the definition of anything.
Define murder however you want -- it's my -opinion- that Kennedy is a murderer.

By the way, if you don't know what the people you're quoting meant,
I know exactly what they meant, and so do you.
So, which are YOU going to choose?

See how easy that is.

And if you can't see the difference, then it's *my* opinion that you're too stupid to find your butt with both hands. ;)

Must have an on-line law degree....

Murder: Second degree

Second-degree murder is ordinarily defined as 1) an intentional killing that is not premeditated or planned, nor committed in a reasonable "heat of passion" or 2) a killing caused by dangerous conduct and the offender's obvious lack of concern for human life. Second-degree murder may best be viewed as the middle ground between first-degree murder and voluntary manslaughter.
------------

Does this fit the bill ?

http://criminal.findlaw.com/crimes/a-z/murder_second_degree.html

I choose you being an intentionally duplicitous moron. ;)
And I take you as an effective substitute for a 10,000ft runway.

I also find it laughable that you take ME to task for offering an opinion and refusing to support it, based on the quotes provided, rather than the "duplicitous morons" that created the quotes to begin with.

Your issue, Lassie, is with them, not me.

:rofl:

Must have an on-line law degree....

Murder: Second degree

Second-degree murder is ordinarily defined as 1) an intentional killing that is not premeditated or planned, nor committed in a reasonable "heat of passion" or 2) a killing caused by dangerous conduct and the offender's obvious lack of concern for human life. Second-degree murder may best be viewed as the middle ground between first-degree murder and voluntary manslaughter.
------------

Does this fit the bill ?

http://criminal.findlaw.com/crimes/a-z/murder_second_degree.html

nope, love, real law degree... lack of patience for people who think they can bandy about defamatory terms just because they're referring to the "other side".

I feel the same about people who start with the "Bush is a war criminal" stuff, too...

just ignorant partisanship.

And the fact that this particular issue is raised yet again is simply stupid. It's something that happened ub 1969 and you're still talking about it is beyond me. It's like if I were to dwell on watergate every day.

And I take you as an effective substitute for a 10,000ft runway.

I also find it laughable that you take ME to task for offering an opinion and refusing to support it, based on the quotes provided, rather than the "duplicitous morons" that created the quotes to begin with.

Your issue, Lassie, is with them, not me.

:rofl:

Calling someone a murderer isn't offerening an opinion.

Dismissed.

nope, love, real law degree... lack of patience for people who think they can bandy about defamatory terms just because they're referring to the "other side".
So. you;ll agree that the people I quoted should not be bandying about their defamatory terms. Right?

I feel the same about people who start with the "Bush is a war criminal" stuff, too... just ignorant partisanship.
I'll believe that you really mean that when you address the statements they made.

Calling someone a murderer isn't offerening an opinion.
Absolutely it is, Lassie.

"I think he is a murderer" is every bit a statement of opinion as "I think he is God's gift to homosexual men".
In bioth cases, I am describing what I think about the subject -- I am giving my opinion.

And you can "dismiss" me all you want -- we both know you're just running away from a point you cannot defend.

I feel the same about people who start with the "Bush is a war criminal" stuff, too...

just ignorant partisanship.

And the fact that this particular issue is raised yet again is simply stupid. It's something that happened ub 1969 and you're still talking about it is beyond me. It's like if I were to dwell on watergate every day.

One would think that even a half-assed lawyer would be familiar with the definition of murder in the second degree....

In order to prove a charge of murder you have to prove that BOTH Actus Reas (the act) and Mens Rea (mental intention) were in play. You can prove the former (he drove the car off the bridge while drunk) but not the latter (unless you can prove by way of confession he intended to kill her purposefully). Go ahead and prove it. Take your time...

Simply not true, one can be found guilty of a charge of murder without the purposeful intent to murder, all one need do is show depraved indifference. His leaving the scene and covering his ass by waiting to sober up BEFORE reporting the "accident" prove that to a reasonable degree.

I am well aware of these facts, as well at the Arab-Persian differences which also have an opposite impact. I am also aware that the US Military will reach its goal of a stable Iraqi government as long as they have the support of the US populace. I am also well aware that Democrats in the US are fighting hard to erode that support.

I am also aware that within these Democrats are Catholics, Lutherans, Episcopalians and Jews, who are doing their best against Catholics, Lutherans, Episcopalians and Jews who are Republican. Politics trumps sectarian differences.

A stable Iraqi government is not a US MILITARY goal, anymore than fixing your fucked up looking face is the goal of your podiatrist. The short term US military goal is to stamp down sectarian violence so that Iraqis can attempt to reach THEIR goal of a stable Iraqi government. The long term US military goal is to train the Iraqi security forces to keep that sectarian violence stamped down so we can get out of there. While the US military is succeeding in its goals, the Iraqi people are not. Democrats are suggesting that there be some sort of time limit as to how long we will continue to babysit the Iraqi sectarian intransigence and ascertain that, at some point, it is the Iraqi's problem and none of our own.

And for you to suggest that politics trumps sectarian differences and apply the example of American Christians as some sort of proof that similar priorities are in play with muslims in Iraq or anywhere else in the middle east only serves to glaringly highlight your profound ignorance concerning the area and the religion.

and it was grump who brought up Bush's drunkeness, not me. And Teddy is - and will always be - irrelevant to the discussion of the ineptitude of our current commander in chief.

Simply not true, one can be found guilty of a charge of murder without the purposeful intent to murder, all one need do is show depraved indifference. His leaving the scene and covering his ass by waiting to sober up BEFORE reporting the "accident" prove that to a reasonable degree.

Ah, that's right you Yanks have different degrees of murder. We have manslaughter and murder. To be fair, under our definition of murder, there is a degree of recklessness that can be attached to the Mens Rea aspect - ie: you can't discharge a full loaded shotgun in somebody's face and claim it was not your intention to kill them when it is obvious to any reasonable person that doing such an action will lead to instant death. That aside can you give me the legal definition of Depraved and Indifference. IOW, did he reach those definitions to the degree you mentioned? I believe not. I think his reaction was typical of any body in that situation, and I doubt he felt indifferent about the demise of Mary-Jo, or that his actions were depraved. He is guilty of manslaughter at best.

Forum List

Back