🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

10 African Kingdoms No One Talks About But Should

Thanks but again, According to...? Are you saying horses didnt exist or...

What ARE you saying exactly? Are we playing Charades?

Horses are not native to Africa and Africans never domesticated a Zebra. Hence my question.

So are you going to go ahead and say that horses were not in ancient Africa or what?

I asked where they came from. Not whether or not they were there.

I already told you a horses vagina

Horses are not native to Africa and Africans never domesticated a Zebra. Hence my question.

So are you going to go ahead and say that horses were not in ancient Africa or what?
There were no horses in ancient sub-Saharan Africa.

Leave the meth alone

Once again, how did a land locked Sub-Saharan African tribe come in contact with horses?

Once again, how did a land locked Sub-Saharan African tribe come in contact with horses?
Africa is not land locked clown. There were horses that were native to Africa and the skeletons have been found in the Sahara along with rock art.

chariots.jpg

While mildly interesting, why SHOULD people talk about these?

I think the better question is why this isnt more widely known like ancient greece, Rome and other places?

To answer your question: Because history
You know the answer. White people suffer from cognitive dissonance. They would simply out right reject the validity. They are content with the image of Blacks running around Africa killing lions with their bare teeth. This should be mandatory in schools with a high Black population.
Enlighten me please. Why would you want to "burden" public school children with African history when they have no idea about the Constitution of the country where they live, namely the USA.

Yes there were horses in ancient Africa fool

I think the better question is why this isnt more widely known like ancient greece, Rome and other places?

You know the answer. White people suffer from cognitive dissonance. They would simply out right reject the validity. They are content with the image of Blacks running around Africa killing lions with their bare teeth. This should be mandatory in schools with a high Black population.
Enlighten me please. Why would you want to "burden" public school children with African history when they have no idea about the Constitution of the country where they live, namely the USA.
If you think knowledge is a burden I doubt anything can enlighten you.

Africa is not land locked clown. There were horses that were native to Africa and the skeletons have been found in the Sahara along with rock art.

chariots.jpg

Sorry, we have already established that horses made their way into Africa. I claimed that horses were not native to Africa. The use of domesticated horses was likewise not native to Africa (Especially Sub-Saharan Africa). You disagree? I never claimed that Africa was land locked. Indeed it is impossible for any continent to be land locked. I was refereeing to the listed tribe in the op. But I will let that slide as I know that English comprehension isn't one of your strong suits.

What were these civilizations achievements to math, science, agriculture, medicine etc? Heck the Mayans had brilliant achievements and that is why they are most remember, but what have these societies done?

Take the Bornu Empire, these were a people constantly at war and invading neighbors. They were a strict Islamic regime that enacted and enforced Sharia Law. They were a brutal Islamic regime that would make the Taliban proud. Despite their long recent and relatively recent history history (1800s is when they fell), they build only feudal cities, had non-existent economies and again were a brutal regime! They didn't advance human society in the slightest. Also let's not forget their helpful hand in the African slave trade. They raided villages and conquered people and then sold them off to slave traders!

Great achievements in science and technology in ancient Africa

Math
Surely only a few of us know that many modern high-school-level concepts in mathematics first were developed in Africa, as was the first method of counting. More than 35,000 years ago, Egyptians scripted textbooks about math that included division and multiplication of fractions and geometric formulas to calculate the area and volume of shapes (3). Distances and angles were calculated, algebraic equations were solved and mathematically based predictions were made of the size of floods of the Nile. The ancient Egyptians considered a circle to have 360 degrees and estimated Π at 3.16 (3).

Eight thousand years ago, people in present-day Zaire developed their own numeration system, as did Yoruba people in what is now Nigeria. The Yoruba system was based on units of 20 (instead of 10) and required an impressive amount of subtraction to identify different numbers. Scholars have lauded this system, as it required much abstract reasoning (4).

Not good enough?

Astronomy
Several ancient African cultures birthed discoveries in astronomy. Many of these are foundations on which we still rely, and some were so advanced that their mode of discovery still cannot be understood. Egyptians charted the movement of the sun and constellations and the cycles of the moon. They divided the year into 12 parts and developed a yearlong calendar system containing 365 ¼ days (3). Clocks were made with moving water and sundial-like clocks were used (3).

A structure known as the African Stonehenge in present-day Kenya (constructed around 300 B.C.) was a remarkably accurate calendar (5). The Dogon people of Mali amassed a wealth of detailed astronomical observations (6). Many of their discoveries were so advanced that some modern scholars credit their discoveries instead to space aliens or unknown European travelers, even though the Dogon culture is steeped in ceremonial tradition centered on several space events. The Dogon knew of Saturn’s rings, Jupiter’s moons, the spiral structure of the Milky Way and the orbit of the Sirius star system. Hundreds of years ago, they plotted orbits in this system accurately through the year 1990 (6). They knew this system contained a primary star and a secondary star (now called Sirius B) of immense density and not visible to the naked eye.
You quoted Sydella Blatch. I am quite sure she had no bias at all.

th-1.jpeg

chariots.jpg

Sorry, we have already established that horses made their way into Africa. I claimed that horses were not native to Africa. The use of domesticated horses was likewise not native to Africa (Especially Sub-Saharan Africa). You disagree? I never claimed that Africa was land locked. Indeed it is impossible for any continent to be land locked. I was refereeing to the listed tribe in the op. But I will let that slide as I know that English comprehension isn't one of your strong suits.
Yes I disagree. You obviously lack the knowledge to know that Africans domesticated a native, smaller horse and used them extensively as illustrated in the rock painting above.

4-bdc0e43d50.jpg

I don't know about that. What I do know is that Mansa Musa's religion (Islam) was certainly not native to Mali and only came about when Muslims ran rough shot over northern Africa forcing people to convert or die. It seems that the civilization in Mali adopted the superior ways of the Muslims and abandoned their ass backwards African culture. Of course, Mansa Musa made his pilgrimage to Mecca just as any other Muslim might.

I don't know about that. What I do know is that Mansa Musa's religion (Islam) was certainly not native to Mali and only cam about when Muslims ran rough shot over northern Africa forcing people to convert or die. It seems that the civilization in Mali adopted the superior ways of the Muslims and abandoned their ass backwards African culture.
Not really concerned with what you know or dont know about.. Christianity is not native to europe or the americas either so I dont get your point. The earliest muslims were Black Africans Seems the west africans liked the religion and adopted it and put their own slant on it culminating in becoming the academic site of choice for scholars.

What were these civilizations achievements to math, science, agriculture, medicine etc? Heck the Mayans had brilliant achievements and that is why they are most remember, but what have these societies done?

Take the Bornu Empire, these were a people constantly at war and invading neighbors. They were a strict Islamic regime that enacted and enforced Sharia Law. They were a brutal Islamic regime that would make the Taliban proud. Despite their long recent and relatively recent history history (1800s is when they fell), they build only feudal cities, had non-existent economies and again were a brutal regime! They didn't advance human society in the slightest. Also let's not forget their helpful hand in the African slave trade. They raided villages and conquered people and then sold them off to slave traders!

Great achievements in science and technology in ancient Africa

Math
Surely only a few of us know that many modern high-school-level concepts in mathematics first were developed in Africa, as was the first method of counting. More than 35,000 years ago, Egyptians scripted textbooks about math that included division and multiplication of fractions and geometric formulas to calculate the area and volume of shapes (3). Distances and angles were calculated, algebraic equations were solved and mathematically based predictions were made of the size of floods of the Nile. The ancient Egyptians considered a circle to have 360 degrees and estimated Π at 3.16 (3).

Eight thousand years ago, people in present-day Zaire developed their own numeration system, as did Yoruba people in what is now Nigeria. The Yoruba system was based on units of 20 (instead of 10) and required an impressive amount of subtraction to identify different numbers. Scholars have lauded this system, as it required much abstract reasoning (4).

Not good enough?

Astronomy
Several ancient African cultures birthed discoveries in astronomy. Many of these are foundations on which we still rely, and some were so advanced that their mode of discovery still cannot be understood. Egyptians charted the movement of the sun and constellations and the cycles of the moon. They divided the year into 12 parts and developed a yearlong calendar system containing 365 ¼ days (3). Clocks were made with moving water and sundial-like clocks were used (3).

A structure known as the African Stonehenge in present-day Kenya (constructed around 300 B.C.) was a remarkably accurate calendar (5). The Dogon people of Mali amassed a wealth of detailed astronomical observations (6). Many of their discoveries were so advanced that some modern scholars credit their discoveries instead to space aliens or unknown European travelers, even though the Dogon culture is steeped in ceremonial tradition centered on several space events. The Dogon knew of Saturn’s rings, Jupiter’s moons, the spiral structure of the Milky Way and the orbit of the Sirius star system. Hundreds of years ago, they plotted orbits in this system accurately through the year 1990 (6). They knew this system contained a primary star and a secondary star (now called Sirius B) of immense density and not visible to the naked eye.
You quoted Sydella Blatch. I am quite sure she had no bias at all.

View attachment 39740
Much like white people have biases. Guess who is more credible to Black people? Hint. It isnt white people.

chariots.jpg

Yes I disagree. You obviously lack the knowledge to know that Africans domesticated a native, smaller horse and used them extensively as illustrated in the rock painting above.

4-bdc0e43d50.jpg

Your giving me a map of Wild Ass populations? Nice!!! I would love to see depictions of "great African Empires" riding their native born domesticated wild Ass's into battle. Got any?

In any case, horses are not native to Africa and were not domesticated there. Other cultures brought the domesticated horse into Africa, not the other way around.

chariots.jpg

4-bdc0e43d50.jpg

Your giving me a map of Wild Ass populations? Nice!!! I would love to see depictions of "great African Empires" riding their native born domesticated wild Ass's into battle. Got any?

In any case, horses are not native to Africa and were not domesticated there. Other cultures brought the domesticated horse into Africa, not the other way around.

Yes the wild ass is a horse that is native to Africa. You dont have to ride a horse to be great. Thats a white boy assumption. Yes other cultures brought larger horses for riding into Africa but they did the same for europe.

If you think knowledge is a burden I doubt anything can enlighten you.
It is not my fault you cannot comprehend.

Forum List

Back