10 incumbent democratic judges lost primary election

Meh, it's Harris county, there will just be another raft of dems (likely even worse) that will ride in on Beto's losing coattails like in the senate election there.

Remember this bunch from Harris county in 2018?

R.3f6197580af3eeadd93aa103b28fd976

Meh, it's Harris county, there will just be another raft of dems (likely even worse) that will ride in on Beto's losing coattails like in the senate election there.

Affirmative action on steroids. That one center front wore her bed clothes for the picture.

That is not the point though.

The point is that most of these people, as the video pointed out, likely have no idea who these people even are. Considering that a completely blind vote will almost always favor the incumbent unless there is a high degree of unhappiness over outcomes in the recent past, this points to people being angry over the direction society is taking.

And it is not surprising, they are surrounded by failed policies atm.

That is not the point though.

The point is that most of these people, as the video pointed out, likely have no idea who these people even are. Considering that a completely blind vote will almost always favor the incumbent unless there is a high degree of unhappiness over outcomes in the recent past, this points to people being angry over the direction society is taking.

And it is not surprising, they are surrounded by failed policies atm.
I agree with the clip but that does not alter the fact that it's low info dem voters in Harris County that could very well be nominating people worse than the ones they got shed of.

That said change is good and maybe the ones elected will think twice about letting some repeat felon goblin out on bail.

Also that clip bears out a simple fact.....It's a poor practice for the "great unwashed" to elect judges due to their low-info. In Virginia judges are nominated by their peers and the legislature gives the thumbs-up or down. I believe we are only one of three states that do so.....Works for us.

I agree with the clip but that does not alter the fact that it's low info dem voters in Harris County that could very well be nominating people worse than the ones they got shed of.

That said change is good and maybe the ones elected will think twice about letting some repeat felon goblin out on bail.
Again, I think you are missing the point.

That the judges are being replaced is just pointing to a general unhappiness with the current political situation.

It speaks to how the voters feel right now which has bearing on the upcoming midterms and the direction that the political powers that be need to address in that coming election.

IOW, the recent democrat move against the police and toward criminal reform in the form of lessening sentencing/bail reform seems to be a failed political position.

It can be said that this is simply one county and not indicative of any larger political trends or opinions but the change is interesting at least. I do not know the average replacement rate though, that would be more useful and of course 'news' is never going to put anything in context. That is unheard of.
Also that clip bears out a simple fact.....It's a poor practice for the "great unwashed" to elect judges due to their low-info. In Virginia judges are nominated by their peers and the legislature gives the thumbs-up or down. I believe we are only one of three states that do so.....Works for us.
In general I cannot disagree. Judges should never really be selected in elections. The idea democracy is always better has always been moronic on its face.

Again, I think you are missing the point.

That the judges are being replaced is just pointing to a general unhappiness with the current political situation.

It speaks to how the voters feel right now which has bearing on the upcoming midterms and the direction that the political powers that be need to address in that coming election.

IOW, the recent democrat move against the police and toward criminal reform in the form of lessening sentencing/bail reform seems to be a failed political position.

It can be said that this is simply one county and not indicative of any larger political trends or opinions but the change is interesting at least. I do not know the average replacement rate though, that would be more useful and of course 'news' is never going to put anything in context. That is unheard of.

In general I cannot disagree. Judges should never really be selected in elections. The idea democracy is always better has always been moronic on its face.
That's why we are a Republic and appointing Judges is a perfect example of electing your representatives who in turn act (hopefully) on your behalf.

That said the process could be messed-up by rank partisan politics. While the "new" dems briefly held sway in our legislature only one judge retired and as it was in a blue area there was no beef but I don't know what would have happened had one retired in a red county.

Before with the "old" dems they would pretty much just rubber stamp a appointment in a red area due to the vetting that took place on the district level for judges. Same for the gop for blue areas and it seemed to work out just fine.

Any American willing to be a Democrat in this era needs to be shamed.

In this era, Republicans represent Americans interest in the world, and Democrats represent the world's interest in America.

Sorry bout that,

1. The way I see it, any Democrat can be a judge.
2. The only qualifications is you must be breathing.
3. Check list for a Democratic Judge, 1. Breathing. 2. Breathing. 3. Breathing.
4. That covers it, anyone want to disagree?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Will be an interesting mid and general election. Saw an article claiming on certain issues, Repo's hold double digit leads, and high single digit leads in others.

Forum List

Back