10 Myths about atheists debunked

No, you can't. All that proves is there is no heaven floating in the sky or existing in the realm between the Sun and Earth. It might prove that what some people believe isn't true. I can show that what some people believed about George Washington isn't true, but that does not prove he never existed. Reality does not depend upon what human beings do or do not believe.

If you believe this god does not exist, that is perfectly acceptable. I believe that god does not exist. Just don't attempt to pretend it is something more than that. It's just a belief. Atheism is just another god-based belief.
This is what you exactly did about Zeus. You showed us what some people believed about Zeus which isn't true, which as your words would say that does not prove he never existed.

I'm agnostic and I'm just going to say that atheists are worse than Jehovah Witnesses or any other religious organization I've encountered throughout my life. Most closed minded to other people's belief systems and choices to not be atheist. I know tons of atheists cause I'm in a scientific field therefore work with many. They consistently mock others and are flat out rude about religion. I'd never be atheist as for no other reason than to not be associated with up etty pricks like that.
Every political forum I'm on there is always someone who claims to be agnostic and only attacks the atheists. Go through all the Religion Vs. Atheism threads and you will see attacks from both sides. I find it odd that you say Atheists are close minded about others belief systems when the christian believes that their god is the one and only true god. In fact christians have killed each other over minute details and different interpertations in the bible. Would that be considered open minded? When a famous atheist like Christopher Hitchens died the amount of hate filled comments certainly showed the true colours of this loving religion, they would actually would gloat or rejoice over the death of him. Yes atheists can be a little smug but the amount of stupidity that surrounds us everyday is overwhelming. I just read this comment today on another forum.
"If you atheist guys don’t believe in the existence of GOD, then what else do you guys believe in? Can you please, provide me something in written about the explanation of atheist beliefs???"

Of all these negative comments you've heard from atheists were any of them as bad as these?

Last edited:
10 Myths Many Religious People Hold About Atheists, Debunked

Atheists are moral, loving and multicultural.

By Amanda Marcotte / AlterNet

April 14, 2015

In a regular poll conducted by political scientists Robert Putnam and David Campbell on American political attitudes, atheists recently lost their spot as as the most disliked group in America to the Tea Party. Still, number two is simply way too high in the unpopularity rankings for a group of people who just happen to spend Sunday mornings in bed instead of in church. Polling data shows that nearly half of Americans would disapprove if their child married an atheist and nearly 40 percent of Americans don’t see atheists as sharing their vision of American society, numbers that outstripped similar prejudices toward Muslims and African Americans.

Of course, the real reason atheists are so hated has little to do with jealousy for all their free time, but largely because most Americans are better acquainted with myths than with the realities of atheists' lives. Unfortunately, atheists often have these myths tossed in their faces, usually by believers who would rather talk about what they heard atheists are like rather than uncomfortable subjects such as the lack of proof for any gods.

These myths do more than hurt atheists. They also harm the basic religious freedoms of all Americans, regardless of their beliefs. Religious freedom and tolerance don’t mean much if they can’t be expanded to include those without religion. With that in mind, here’s 10 of the ugliest myths about atheists, debunked:

I had no idea that some people feel this strongly about atheism or that atheists are hated BECAUSE they're atheists.

Read the list at the link.

Someone took your link off the OP. Must be Christian Devil mods at work.

You know, I really want to know the opinions of an ardent agnostic on the existence of Zeus, the flying spaghetti monster and Santa Claus.

I want to determine for myself if their arguments are really based on healthy skepticism or troubling Solipsism.

Understand, Solipsism is fine and fundamentally correct--the problem is you can't get anywhere with it.

I am an agnostic.

You can look at pictures of Mt. Olympus and there is no indication of any habitation as described in the Greek myths, and I can explain how lighting in not thrown and that the sun is not a chariot. This is based upon evidence.
The Flying Spaghetti Monster was made up and I can trace the origins of it to support that position. Again, evidence based.
Santa Claus is likewise a construct, the current model being a creation of the Coca Cola company. Evidence based.

Getting somewhere is fine. But pretending you know what you do not know in order to do it is less than honest. Just say I believe there is no god and accept the fact that it is a belief.

But we can make the same observation of Heaven not floating in the sky nor existing in a realm between the Sun and Earth.

Can I use that argument, which has been presented as the realm for the Judaic God, as proof that the Judaic God does not exist?

No, you can't. All that proves is there is no heaven floating in the sky or existing in the realm between the Sun and Earth. It might prove that what some people believe isn't true. I can show that what some people believed about George Washington isn't true, but that does not prove he never existed. Reality does not depend upon what human beings do or do not believe.

If you believe this god does not exist, that is perfectly acceptable. I believe that god does not exist. Just don't attempt to pretend it is something more than that. It's just a belief. Atheism is just another god-based belief.

But that is what the authors of Genesis proposed--A flat Earth that floated on a sea and a Firmament that was both solid and transparent seperated a second sea above the Earth. Also the universe itself was mostly a chaotic sea from which monsters lived in. The realm of God was either in the sky above the Earth or in a region higher that was between the Earth and the Sun.

All of which has been disproven--all of which that follows the Logic you used to disprove Zeus.

To give you an idea of what you are doing, I can argue that because you went to Mt Olympus and didn't see the habitats of the Gods nor believe that lighting bolts can be thrown only serves a belief that Zeus does not exist(Apollo is the one in the chariot--I did not ask if Apollo existed or not)

I can then say because you disprove that does not necessitate the non-existence of Zeus. I.E.. Since I can disprove what some people claim about Zeus does not lead to Zeus not existing.

This means that you need new evidence to show that Zeus does not exist since the previous evidence you used does not necessitate Zeus nonexistence.

Your argument was at first skepticism in your disproofs--but you are slowly reaching for Solipsism in your arguments--The proposal for the Judaic God starts in Genesis. If that is disproven, then what in the hell are the later writers talking about?

You are just talking about other people's beliefs - not about god. You haven't even defined god. Every single belief about god, that every human being that has ever lived has had, might be completely false, and that still would not have any impact upon whether such a thing exists. Reality is not dependent upon human beings - it just is. And until such time as there is objective and relevant evidence - independent of belief - upon which to base a conclusion, all conclusions (whether positive or negative) are belief. Nothing more than belief.

So I don't care what is in Genesis, and I don't care what any of the religious writers (Judaic or otherwise) had to say. They were expressing belief. IOW, they were making blind guesses. Your blind guess is as good as anyone else's blind guess. However, the converse is also true. Anyone else's blind guess is as good as yours.

So I return to my original statement. Any conclusion made in the absence of evidence is a belief. Atheism is not evidenced based because there is no evidence. There isn't even enough evidence to determine what evidence is needed. Therefore Atheism is a belief. And since it is entirely about god, it is a god-based belief system. The word we use to describe a god-based belief system is... religion.

I am an agnostic.

You can look at pictures of Mt. Olympus and there is no indication of any habitation as described in the Greek myths, and I can explain how lighting in not thrown and that the sun is not a chariot. This is based upon evidence.
The Flying Spaghetti Monster was made up and I can trace the origins of it to support that position. Again, evidence based.
Santa Claus is likewise a construct, the current model being a creation of the Coca Cola company. Evidence based.

Getting somewhere is fine. But pretending you know what you do not know in order to do it is less than honest. Just say I believe there is no god and accept the fact that it is a belief.

But we can make the same observation of Heaven not floating in the sky nor existing in a realm between the Sun and Earth.

Can I use that argument, which has been presented as the realm for the Judaic God, as proof that the Judaic God does not exist?

How is Atheism a "god based belief" when the conclusion is that gods don't exist?

On the other hand, your belief that Zeus doesn't exist is the true god based belief system/religion.

It is a belief system about gods. That it is negative does not change that.

You are going to have to explain to me why a belief that no god exists (without even defining what "god" is) is not a belief system but saying Zeus does not exist is.

I don't believe in Bigfoot. I have no belief system about Bigfoot. I don't have to prove Bigfoot doesn't exist. You have to prove Bigfoot does exist. I'm going to hold your evidence to the same standards we have for scientists.

I have absolutely no evidence that Bigfoot exists and I am not claiming it does. Do you have a point to make?

“Atheists are moral, loving and multicultural.”

True.

Those free from faith live joyful, fulfilling lives of meaning and significance, with the correct understanding that there is no 'god' as perceived by theists, where 'god' and religion are creations of man.

And no, being free from faith is not a 'religion.'

Not true, as all blanket statements are not true. Atheists are no more or less moral or live joyful, fulfilling lives than anyone else.

And I have yet to meet an Atheist who was free from faith. Including you.
Faith is to believe in the dogma of a given religion and accept it as true; to be free from faith is to acknowledge the existence of religious doctrine and acknowledge the fact that the dogma is false.

All 'gods' and religions are the creation of man, and all religions are equally false.

Religions are certainly creations of man, since they are made up of people. Gods are the creation of man? Can you support that with objective evidence, because you just made a very sweeping statement which I suspect is entirely belief based. And you said it with conviction. Yet you claim to be free from faith, while expressing absolutes with nothing to support it except faith.

This is what you exactly did about Zeus. You showed us what some people believed about Zeus which isn't true, which as your words would say that does not prove he never existed.

You're right. It doesn't prove he never existed. I know there are no grand structures on the top of Mt. Olympus because we can go there and look. But all that proves is that there are no grand structures on the top of Mt. Olympus. I believe there was no Zeus.

I want to thank everyone for their time, but I really think it gets pointless after a bit. The more I discuss this with Atheists the more convinced I become that it is a religion. I don't expect to change any minds on that subject and I have already given my reasons. At this point, I would just be repeating myself. So you all enjoy.

I'm not clear on your reasoning for this. How does it take faith to be unconvinced of the truth of a proposition?

In the absence of evidence, any conclusion is a belief - or faith if you prefer.
That is untrue. "I am wearinging shoes right now." You have no evidence one way or another. So either conclusion as to whether my proposition is true is based entirely on faith? No. Belief and faith are not interchangable. If you tell me that a 3 month old child is walking and talking and playing professional hockey, I will not believe you because everything is contrary to things already known. Now, sometimes a new discovery will contradict previous knowledge. In that case, initial rejection until evidence is presented is justified.

Therefore, a lack of belief has to be a neutral position, unless there is evidence to support a position.
Next to me is the ghost of Richard Nixon riding on flying unicorn. You have no evidence either way, so are you neutral as to whether or not that's true? Not all propositions are equally likely.

Not quite a valid example. I have evidence that shoes exists. I have evidence that humans post on this board. I have evidence that humans wear shoes. There are all kinds of evidence available to me about shoes and their uses. However, even with that I have no evidence as to what you are currently wearing so I am neutral on the subject. I don't know. But at least I know what the subject is.
Ok, that's a start. Now, you did not address the Richard Nixon example I also gave, but can you agree that there is a substantial difference between beiing neutral in the shoes example and the ghost of Nixon example? It is not reasonable to say one should be neutral in the second as the probabilities are not equal.

Now, what evidence do you have regarding god?
Which god?
What is god?
Not adeqeately defined (and by asking what god is, you're pre-supossiong the existence)
And if you tell me what god is, what evidence are you using to support that definition?
These are all questions I would ask of a theist. And since I have never received a convincing reply, I must reject the proposal that any gods exist.

Let's not get bogged down in irrelevant issues and do not assume I am telling you anything more than I am telling you. I am not arguing there is a god. I have no idea if there is and frankly don't care if there is. The issue here is not whether there is a god, but whether Atheism is a belief.

I asked what is god and you say it is not adequately defined. That is pretty much my point. If you can't define it, then how do you conclude its non-existence is more likely than its existence?

"The issue here is not whether there is a god, but whether Atheism is a belief."

Put in those terms, then yes, it is a belief but that's not the same as saying its "faith based". Do I have proof that gods do not exist? No.

But I also don't have any reason at all to believe they do. There is simply no evidence that gods exist.

How would it be possible to show evidence or proof of an invisible, magical being?

On the other side of the question, there is no evidence or proof that gods DO exist. There is only faith.

I'm agnostic and I'm just going to say that atheists are worse than Jehovah Witnesses or any other religious organization I've encountered throughout my life. Most closed minded to other people's belief systems and choices to not be atheist. I know tons of atheists cause I'm in a scientific field therefore work with many. They consistently mock others and are flat out rude about religion. I'd never be atheist as for no other reason than to not be associated with up etty pricks like that.

The atheists I know are not at all closed minded to other people's belief systems. Just the opposite, in fact. What would be more accurate is that atheists considered a faith-based belief and rejected it.

Interesting that you say a "scientific field" has "tons" of atheists. Generally, scientists live in a world of facts.

"Rude and mocking" ... sometimes. Mostly I believe religion and the belief in a god is the business of the believer and I don't really care what it means to them or what it entails. Its just not a part of my world.

However, when one of them is on my front porch, very rudely shoving their tracts in my face, I shut the door in their face.

Read this thread. The only "rude/mocking" posters are the self-described christians.

And again, I believe there is a huge difference between real Christians, people who do good works and live the principles and teachings of their god, and the phony christians we see on this board, whining everyday about what victims they are and how they should have the right to force everyone else to live as they choose to live. HUGE difference.

But, either way, they're welcome to their beliefs. I have no need to argue it with them or get them to agree with my own beliefs.

In the absence of evidence, any conclusion is a belief - or faith if you prefer.
That is untrue. "I am wearinging shoes right now." You have no evidence one way or another. So either conclusion as to whether my proposition is true is based entirely on faith? No. Belief and faith are not interchangable. If you tell me that a 3 month old child is walking and talking and playing professional hockey, I will not believe you because everything is contrary to things already known. Now, sometimes a new discovery will contradict previous knowledge. In that case, initial rejection until evidence is presented is justified.

Therefore, a lack of belief has to be a neutral position, unless there is evidence to support a position.
Next to me is the ghost of Richard Nixon riding on flying unicorn. You have no evidence either way, so are you neutral as to whether or not that's true? Not all propositions are equally likely.

Not quite a valid example. I have evidence that shoes exists. I have evidence that humans post on this board. I have evidence that humans wear shoes. There are all kinds of evidence available to me about shoes and their uses. However, even with that I have no evidence as to what you are currently wearing so I am neutral on the subject. I don't know. But at least I know what the subject is.
Ok, that's a start. Now, you did not address the Richard Nixon example I also gave, but can you agree that there is a substantial difference between beiing neutral in the shoes example and the ghost of Nixon example? It is not reasonable to say one should be neutral in the second as the probabilities are not equal.

Now, what evidence do you have regarding god?
Which god?
What is god?
Not adeqeately defined (and by asking what god is, you're pre-supossiong the existence)
And if you tell me what god is, what evidence are you using to support that definition?
These are all questions I would ask of a theist. And since I have never received a convincing reply, I must reject the proposal that any gods exist.

Let's not get bogged down in irrelevant issues and do not assume I am telling you anything more than I am telling you. I am not arguing there is a god. I have no idea if there is and frankly don't care if there is. The issue here is not whether there is a god, but whether Atheism is a belief.

I asked what is god and you say it is not adequately defined. That is pretty much my point. If you can't define it, then how do you conclude its non-existence is more likely than its existence?

"The issue here is not whether there is a god, but whether Atheism is a belief."

Put in those terms, then yes, it is a belief but that's not the same as saying its "faith based". Do I have proof that gods do not exist? No.

But I also don't have any reason at all to believe they do. There is simply no evidence that gods exist.

How would it be possible to show evidence or proof of an invisible, magical being?

On the other side of the question, there is no evidence or proof that gods DO exist. There is only faith.
Good summary. The problem that pratchettfan had was a continuously shifting argument wherein his claim was that Atheism is a religion, which, when challenged became Atheism is a belief system, which, when challenged, morphed into Atheism is belief.

It was repeatedly conveyed to him that religions generally share common elements such as customs, practices, traditions, a hierarchy of leaders of the religion, etc., none of which are shared by nonbelievers, whatever label is ascribed to them. A belief or a conclusion as to the nonexistence of any of the currently configured or previously configured gods is not a belief system. At least in my opinion, the nonexistence of gods is a rational, reasoned conclusion.

Every political forum I'm on there is always someone who claims to be agnostic and only attacks the atheists. Go through all the Religion Vs. Atheism threads and you will see attacks from both sides. I find it odd that you say Atheists are close minded about others belief systems when the christian believes that their god is the one and only true god. In fact christians have killed each other over minute details and different interpertations in the bible. Would that be considered open minded? When a famous atheist like Christopher Hitchens died the amount of hate filled comments certainly showed the true colours of this loving religion, they would actually would gloat or rejoice over the death of him. Yes atheists can be a little smug but the amount of stupidity that surrounds us everyday is overwhelming. I just read this comment today on another forum.
"If you atheist guys don’t believe in the existence of GOD, then what else do you guys believe in? Can you please, provide me something in written about the explanation of atheist beliefs???"

Of all these negative comments you've heard from atheists were any of them as bad as these?

I'm talking about modern day atheists in the United States vs modern day Christians. Nothing you said is relevant to my claim. It's simply an observation and you'll here it over and over because it's true.

The atheists I know are not at all closed minded to other people's belief systems. Just the opposite, in fact. What would be more accurate is that atheists considered a faith-based belief and rejected it.

Interesting that you say a "scientific field" has "tons" of atheists. Generally, scientists live in a world of facts.

"Rude and mocking" ... sometimes. Mostly I believe religion and the belief in a god is the business of the believer and I don't really care what it means to them or what it entails. Its just not a part of my world.

However, when one of them is on my front porch, very rudely shoving their tracts in my face, I shut the door in their face.

Read this thread. The only "rude/mocking" posters are the self-described christians.

And again, I believe there is a huge difference between real Christians, people who do good works and live the principles and teachings of their god, and the phony christians we see on this board, whining everyday about what victims they are and how they should have the right to force everyone else to live as they choose to live. HUGE difference.

But, either way, they're welcome to their beliefs. I have no need to argue it with them or get them to agree with my own beliefs.
Board posters don't typically represent the general public. People normal put extremely far right or left views on this forum to start controversy so this isn't real christian vs atheist scenarios. No one on here really knows what anyone else actually does on a daily basis. The kind of things atheists say that are "attacks" on other people are the things you have seen over and over. Comparing god to a fly spaghetti monster, calling religion a crutch that they are too strong to need, or just saying Christians are too stupid to rationalize anything. I've heard it repeatedly said in public environments yet rarely ever here the reverse kind of attacks.

You know, I really want to know the opinions of an ardent agnostic on the existence of Zeus, the flying spaghetti monster and Santa Claus.

I want to determine for myself if their arguments are really based on healthy skepticism or troubling Solipsism.

Understand, Solipsism is fine and fundamentally correct--the problem is you can't get anywhere with it.

I am an agnostic.

But that is what the authors of Genesis proposed--A flat Earth that floated on a sea and a Firmament that was both solid and transparent seperated a second sea above the Earth. Also the universe itself was mostly a chaotic sea from which monsters lived in. The realm of God was either in the sky above the Earth or in a region higher that was between the Earth and the Sun.

All of which has been disproven--all of which that follows the Logic you used to disprove Zeus.

To give you an idea of what you are doing, I can argue that because you went to Mt Olympus and didn't see the habitats of the Gods nor believe that lighting bolts can be thrown only serves a belief that Zeus does not exist(Apollo is the one in the chariot--I did not ask if Apollo existed or not)

I can then say because you disprove that does not necessitate the non-existence of Zeus. I.E.. Since I can disprove what some people claim about Zeus does not lead to Zeus not existing.

This means that you need new evidence to show that Zeus does not exist since the previous evidence you used does not necessitate Zeus nonexistence.

Your argument was at first skepticism in your disproofs--but you are slowly reaching for Solipsism in your arguments--The proposal for the Judaic God starts in Genesis. If that is disproven, then what in the hell are the later writers talking about?

You are just talking about other people's beliefs - not about god. You haven't even defined god. Every single belief about god, that every human being that has ever lived has had, might be completely false, and that still would not have any impact upon whether such a thing exists. Reality is not dependent upon human beings - it just is. And until such time as there is objective and relevant evidence - independent of belief - upon which to base a conclusion, all conclusions (whether positive or negative) are belief. Nothing more than belief.

So I don't care what is in Genesis, and I don't care what any of the religious writers (Judaic or otherwise) had to say. They were expressing belief. IOW, they were making blind guesses. Your blind guess is as good as anyone else's blind guess. However, the converse is also true. Anyone else's blind guess is as good as yours.

So I return to my original statement. Any conclusion made in the absence of evidence is a belief. Atheism is not evidenced based because there is no evidence. There isn't even enough evidence to determine what evidence is needed. Therefore Atheism is a belief. And since it is entirely about god, it is a god-based belief system. The word we use to describe a god-based belief system is... religion.

I think we already talked about God in general in other threads(different definitions--virtually impossible with one argument. I can give a definition God that, although not widely accepted, leads to a provable and existent set of individuals that can fit the definition .)

However, I was talking about the God as described in Genesis. I am talking about a specific God---Like when I asked for you to disprove the existence of Zeus, which was a specific God.

Understand, I did not add the point "It is impossible to say "Let there be light" and light appears as a rejoinder to "No one can throw thunderbolts from their hands" because it wasn't to state something that obvious. It was assumed you would understand where my argument is going.

I was not talking about every possible definition of God. That is the key point here.

Last edited:

I'm talking about modern day atheists in the United States vs modern day Christians. Nothing you said is relevant to my claim. It's simply an observation and you'll here it over and over because it's true.

My post was mostly about modern day. Did you even look at the video. All current. I also asked you to look at other threads. Those would be current. Nice dodge but you lose. Care to tackle anything I actually stated.

My post was mostly about modern day. Did you even look at the video. All current. I also asked you to look at other threads. Those would be current. Nice dodge but you lose. Care to tackle anything I actually stated.

1)IDGAF
2) Anger with god. Applies to some. I've seen it over and over in people who are really ugly, fat, or nerdy who turn to atheism because people don't like them. They think it's gods fault and want to feel smarter than the groups who oppress them.
3) Atheists aggressive and rude. I'd say only in there atheistic belief. In day to day life this does not apply to them anymore than anyone else.
4) Atheism is a white dude think. False. Way more of an Asian thing from my experience but white dudes are way more pushy about it from what I've seen. I've never had an Asian atheist try to convert me for no reason.
5) Atheist is just a faith like any other. Kind of. If they treat evolution as factual then yes. If they look at it as something that is likely in there eyes but not truly proven then that requires no faith.
6) Atheists don't have a moral code. Factually a true statement. There is no written set of morals for atheists.
7) Atheists lives are bleak and lack meaning. Religion and Suicide Religious Affiliation Atheism Suicide It appears from the small studies conducted that people without religious affiliation tend to kill themselves more. Not enough in depth research so choose to believe as you will.
8) Stupid
9) Another stupid one. I've lost loved ones and I don't feel a need to cope. Shit happens.
10) Atheists are out to destroy Christmas. True. That's what my statements are talking about. Too many miserable atheists who want others to belief life is as shitty as theirs.

Basically my previous statement is the same.

1)IDGAF
2) Anger with god. Applies to some. I've seen it over and over in people who are really ugly, fat, or nerdy who turn to atheism because people don't like them. They think it's gods fault and want to feel smarter than the groups who oppress them.
3) Atheists aggressive and rude. I'd say only in there atheistic belief. In day to day life this does not apply to them anymore than anyone else.
4) Atheism is a white dude think. False. Way more of an Asian thing from my experience but white dudes are way more pushy about it from what I've seen. I've never had an Asian atheist try to convert me for no reason.
5) Atheist is just a faith like any other. Kind of. If they treat evolution as factual then yes. If they look at it as something that is likely in there eyes but not truly proven then that requires no faith.
6) Atheists don't have a moral code. Factually a true statement. There is no written set of morals for atheists.
7) Atheists lives are bleak and lack meaning. Religion and Suicide Religious Affiliation Atheism Suicide It appears from the small studies conducted that people without religious affiliation tend to kill themselves more. Not enough in depth research so choose to believe as you will.
8) Stupid
9) Another stupid one. I've lost loved ones and I don't feel a need to cope. Shit happens.
10) Atheists are out to destroy Christmas. True. That's what my statements are talking about. Too many miserable atheists who want others to belief life is as shitty as theirs.

Not sure if you are replying to my post. What are the numbers for? What do they represent?

1)IDGAF
8) Stupid

Not sure if you are replying to my post. What are the numbers for? What do they represent?

I'm going back to the purpose of the thread and the original article posted. I read what you said but I'm not going to watch the video because it looks stupid.

1)IDGAF
8) Stupid

I'm going back to the purpose of the thread and the original article posted. I read what you said but I'm not going to watch the video because it looks stupid.

Well then you need to reply to the right post you are responding to. It's very easy. You go to the post you want to reply to and hit respond. Funny you say the video looks stupid when you come on here and proclaim that atheists are rude and mock others but when I show you evidence of christians being 10 times worse you completely ignore it. Now I can't prove it but I believe you are a liar and you are not agnostic. Agnostic people usually see both sides where you clearly do not.

Last edited:

Board posters don't typically represent the general public. People normal put extremely far right or left views on this forum to start controversy so this isn't real christian vs atheist scenarios. No one on here really knows what anyone else actually does on a daily basis. The kind of things atheists say that are "attacks" on other people are the things you have seen over and over. Comparing god to a fly spaghetti monster, calling religion a crutch that they are too strong to need, or just saying Christians are too stupid to rationalize anything. I've heard it repeatedly said in public environments yet rarely ever here the reverse kind of attacks.

Maybe that is because there are no rational arguments against the thinking process that concludes that gods do not exist and there are a thousand rational holes in the belief in gods.

Rational vs wishful thinking

Forum List

Back