10 Myths about atheists debunked

I'm talking about modern day atheists in the United States vs modern day Christians. Nothing you said is relevant to my claim. It's simply an observation and you'll here it over and over because it's true.
My post was mostly about modern day. Did you even look at the video. All current. I also asked you to look at other threads. Those would be current. Nice dodge but you lose. Care to tackle anything I actually stated.
1)IDGAF
2) Anger with god. Applies to some. I've seen it over and over in people who are really ugly, fat, or nerdy who turn to atheism because people don't like them. They think it's gods fault and want to feel smarter than the groups who oppress them.
3) Atheists aggressive and rude. I'd say only in there atheistic belief. In day to day life this does not apply to them anymore than anyone else.
4) Atheism is a white dude think. False. Way more of an Asian thing from my experience but white dudes are way more pushy about it from what I've seen. I've never had an Asian atheist try to convert me for no reason.
5) Atheist is just a faith like any other. Kind of. If they treat evolution as factual then yes. If they look at it as something that is likely in there eyes but not truly proven then that requires no faith.
6) Atheists don't have a moral code. Factually a true statement. There is no written set of morals for atheists.
7) Atheists lives are bleak and lack meaning. Religion and Suicide Religious Affiliation Atheism Suicide It appears from the small studies conducted that people without religious affiliation tend to kill themselves more. Not enough in depth research so choose to believe as you will.
8) Stupid
9) Another stupid one. I've lost loved ones and I don't feel a need to cope. Shit happens.
10) Atheists are out to destroy Christmas. True. That's what my statements are talking about. Too many miserable atheists who want others to belief life is as shitty as theirs.

Basically my previous statement is the same.
Not sure if you are replying to my post. What are the numbers for? What do they represent?
I'm going back to the purpose of the thread and the original article posted. I read what you said but I'm not going to watch the video because it looks stupid.
Well then you need to repply to the right post you are responding to. It's very easy. You go to the post you want to reply to and hit respond. Funny you say the video looks stupid when you come on here and proclaim that atheists are rude and mock others but when I show you evidence of christians being 10 times worse you completely ignore it. Now I can't prove but I believe you are a liar and you are not agnostic. Agnostic people usually see both sides where you clearly do not.

Rational thought does not provoke ridicule. Wishful thinking invites ridicule.

I'm talking about modern day atheists in the United States vs modern day Christians. Nothing you said is relevant to my claim. It's simply an observation and you'll here it over and over because it's true.
My post was mostly about modern day. Did you even look at the video. All current. I also asked you to look at other threads. Those would be current. Nice dodge but you lose. Care to tackle anything I actually stated.
1)IDGAF
2) Anger with god. Applies to some. I've seen it over and over in people who are really ugly, fat, or nerdy who turn to atheism because people don't like them. They think it's gods fault and want to feel smarter than the groups who oppress them.
3) Atheists aggressive and rude. I'd say only in there atheistic belief. In day to day life this does not apply to them anymore than anyone else.
4) Atheism is a white dude think. False. Way more of an Asian thing from my experience but white dudes are way more pushy about it from what I've seen. I've never had an Asian atheist try to convert me for no reason.
5) Atheist is just a faith like any other. Kind of. If they treat evolution as factual then yes. If they look at it as something that is likely in there eyes but not truly proven then that requires no faith.
6) Atheists don't have a moral code. Factually a true statement. There is no written set of morals for atheists.
7) Atheists lives are bleak and lack meaning. Religion and Suicide Religious Affiliation Atheism Suicide It appears from the small studies conducted that people without religious affiliation tend to kill themselves more. Not enough in depth research so choose to believe as you will.
8) Stupid
9) Another stupid one. I've lost loved ones and I don't feel a need to cope. Shit happens.
10) Atheists are out to destroy Christmas. True. That's what my statements are talking about. Too many miserable atheists who want others to belief life is as shitty as theirs.

Not sure if you are replying to my post. What are the numbers for? What do they represent?
I'm going back to the purpose of the thread and the original article posted. I read what you said but I'm not going to watch the video because it looks stupid.
Well then you need to repply to the right post you are responding to. It's very easy. You go to the post you want to reply to and hit respond. Funny you say the video looks stupid when you come on here and proclaim that atheists are rude and mock others but when I show you evidence of christians being 10 times worse you completely ignore it. Now I can't prove but I believe you are a liar and you are not agnostic. Agnostic people usually see both sides where you clearly do not.
You cherry pick one video of a christian being rude claiming that as evidence and I don't watch it. That's your version of me being rude. If it was something that I considered real evidence I'd take it into account. I know I can find similar videos of atheists so what's the point in watching it? I know some Christians are rude but my claim stands based off the "myth" about atheism that was created because many people have experienced it within their own lives. I like religion. Does me liking religion disqualify me from being agnostic?

I'm agnostic and I'm just going to say that atheists are worse than Jehovah Witnesses or any other religious organization I've encountered throughout my life. Most closed minded to other people's belief systems and choices to not be atheist. I know tons of atheists cause I'm in a scientific field therefore work with many. They consistently mock others and are flat out rude about religion. I'd never be atheist as for no other reason than to not be associated with up etty pricks like that.

The atheists I know are not at all closed minded to other people's belief systems. Just the opposite, in fact. What would be more accurate is that atheists considered a faith-based belief and rejected it.

Interesting that you say a "scientific field" has "tons" of atheists. Generally, scientists live in a world of facts.

"Rude and mocking" ... sometimes. Mostly I believe religion and the belief in a god is the business of the believer and I don't really care what it means to them or what it entails. Its just not a part of my world.

However, when one of them is on my front porch, very rudely shoving their tracts in my face, I shut the door in their face.

Read this thread. The only "rude/mocking" posters are the self-described christians.

And again, I believe there is a huge difference between real Christians, people who do good works and live the principles and teachings of their god, and the phony christians we see on this board, whining everyday about what victims they are and how they should have the right to force everyone else to live as they choose to live. HUGE difference.

But, either way, they're welcome to their beliefs. I have no need to argue it with them or get them to agree with my own beliefs.
Board posters don't typically represent the general public. People normal put extremely far right or left views on this forum to start controversy so this isn't real christian vs atheist scenarios. No one on here really knows what anyone else actually does on a daily basis. The kind of things atheists say that are "attacks" on other people are the things you have seen over and over. Comparing god to a fly spaghetti monster, calling religion a crutch that they are too strong to need, or just saying Christians are too stupid to rationalize anything. I've heard it repeatedly said in public environments yet rarely ever here the reverse kind of attacks.

Maybe that is because there are no rational arguments against the thinking process that concludes that gods do not exist and there are a thousand rational holes in the belief in gods.

Rational vs wishful thinking
In social environments I've seen these comments made in I've taken it more from a stance of the atheist being insecure in his belief so needing to feel better. He decides to insult others beliefs to bring them down to his level.

I'm agnostic and I'm just going to say that atheists are worse than Jehovah Witnesses or any other religious organization I've encountered throughout my life. Most closed minded to other people's belief systems and choices to not be atheist. I know tons of atheists cause I'm in a scientific field therefore work with many. They consistently mock others and are flat out rude about religion. I'd never be atheist as for no other reason than to not be associated with up etty pricks like that.

The atheists I know are not at all closed minded to other people's belief systems. Just the opposite, in fact. What would be more accurate is that atheists considered a faith-based belief and rejected it.

Interesting that you say a "scientific field" has "tons" of atheists. Generally, scientists live in a world of facts.

"Rude and mocking" ... sometimes. Mostly I believe religion and the belief in a god is the business of the believer and I don't really care what it means to them or what it entails. Its just not a part of my world.

However, when one of them is on my front porch, very rudely shoving their tracts in my face, I shut the door in their face.

Read this thread. The only "rude/mocking" posters are the self-described christians.

And again, I believe there is a huge difference between real Christians, people who do good works and live the principles and teachings of their god, and the phony christians we see on this board, whining everyday about what victims they are and how they should have the right to force everyone else to live as they choose to live. HUGE difference.

But, either way, they're welcome to their beliefs. I have no need to argue it with them or get them to agree with my own beliefs.
Board posters don't typically represent the general public. People normal put extremely far right or left views on this forum to start controversy so this isn't real christian vs atheist scenarios. No one on here really knows what anyone else actually does on a daily basis. The kind of things atheists say that are "attacks" on other people are the things you have seen over and over. Comparing god to a fly spaghetti monster, calling religion a crutch that they are too strong to need, or just saying Christians are too stupid to rationalize anything. I've heard it repeatedly said in public environments yet rarely ever here the reverse kind of attacks.

Maybe that is because there are no rational arguments against the thinking process that concludes that gods do not exist and there are a thousand rational holes in the belief in gods.

Rational vs wishful thinking
In social environments I've seen these comments made in I've taken it more from a stance of the atheist being insecure in his belief so needing to feel better. He decides to insult others beliefs to bring them down to his level.

Your "stance" is askew. All the atheists I know are very certain in their findings in the lack of god in the very absence of findings that one could possibly exist. Just more wishful thinking to heap up on the pile of wishful thinking that supports the myth that gods exist.

1)IDGAF
8) Stupid

You cherry pick one video of a christian being rude claiming that as evidence and I don't watch it.
I could link many, many more but why bother if you can't respond or even watch the first one.

That's your version of me being rude.
No, I never said you were rude. I just find it odd that you are proclaiming atheists as rude and when I had evidence to show christians being worse you simply dismissed it. That is called taking a hypocritical stance.
If it was something that I considered real evidence I'd take it into account.
How is it not real evidence. Please elaborate.

I know I can find similar videos of atheists so what's the point in watching it?
The point was to show you your original stance was one sided and incorrect. Like I said before you can find instances on this forum on both sides being rude to each other. To proclaim only one is, is being dishonest. Also please provide these videos were atheists are being as bad as the christians in the video I put up.
I know some Christians are rude but my claim stands based off the "myth" about atheism that was created because many people have experienced it within their own lives.
Sorry but you are going to have to explain this statement. What is the "myth" about atheism?
I like religion. Does me liking religion disqualify me from being agnostic?
No, but your blatant one sided approach is very suspect.

1)IDGAF
8) Stupid

You cherry pick one video of a christian being rude claiming that as evidence and I don't watch it.
I could link many, many more but why bother if you can't respond or even watch the first one.

No, I never said you were rude. I just find it odd that you are proclaiming atheists as rude and when I had evidence to show christians being worse you simply dismissed it. That is called taking a hypocritical stance.

I know I can find similar videos of atheists so what's the point in watching it?
The point was to show you your original stance was one sided and incorrect. Like I said before you can find instances on this forum on both sides being rude to each other. To proclaim only one is, is being dishonest. Also please provide thses videos were atheists are being as bad as the christians in the video I put up.
I know some Christians are rude but my claim stands based off the "myth" about atheism that was created because many people have experienced it within their own lives.
Sorry but you are going to have to explain this statement. What is the "myth" about atheism?
My statement is that essentially that the typical American atheist is more likely to viciously attack others beliefs and refer to them as stupid than other people. The OP had an article called ten myths about atheists. One of the myths was that they are rude and I am saying that it is in fact not a myth. It is there for a reason. Like a stereotype. Black people good at basketball, Asians good at math, or black people liking watermelon. I doubt there is any research into the claims I make for or against them. A video can be made by anyone and posted. I don't take online videos as serious evidence of a hateful culture because you could find ten videos and it wouldn't shock me at all that there are ten videos out there of Christians saying hateful things to atheists. That's why there's no point in watching it is because I already believe it exists. Jehovah witnesses may be annoying but I have yet to have one call me an idiot and say I can't be reasoned with. On the reverse side I have experienced this multiple times from discussions with atheists. I don't know why you would think that an atheist is above saying hateful things to people when there is literally no moral code as an atheist. You may be a good atheist but what about the next atheist? He could have his own set of principles completely the opposite of what you believe. There is no consistency. In a religion it is already outlined what you should do. If you don't follow it then you're fake.

10 Myths Many Religious People Hold About Atheists, Debunked

Atheists are moral, loving and multicultural.

By Amanda Marcotte / AlterNet

April 14, 2015

In a regular poll conducted by political scientists Robert Putnam and David Campbell on American political attitudes, atheists recently lost their spot as as the most disliked group in America to the Tea Party. Still, number two is simply way too high in the unpopularity rankings for a group of people who just happen to spend Sunday mornings in bed instead of in church. Polling data shows that nearly half of Americans would disapprove if their child married an atheist and nearly 40 percent of Americans don’t see atheists as sharing their vision of American society, numbers that outstripped similar prejudices toward Muslims and African Americans.

Of course, the real reason atheists are so hated has little to do with jealousy for all their free time, but largely because most Americans are better acquainted with myths than with the realities of atheists' lives. Unfortunately, atheists often have these myths tossed in their faces, usually by believers who would rather talk about what they heard atheists are like rather than uncomfortable subjects such as the lack of proof for any gods.

These myths do more than hurt atheists. They also harm the basic religious freedoms of all Americans, regardless of their beliefs. Religious freedom and tolerance don’t mean much if they can’t be expanded to include those without religion. With that in mind, here’s 10 of the ugliest myths about atheists, debunked:

I had no idea that some people feel this strongly about atheism or that atheists are hated BECAUSE they're atheists.

Read the list at the link.

I find the key issue is not denomination or affiliation.
It is the degree to which people Forgive and include opposing views,
or reject and exclude opposition.

This "forgiveness and inclusion" factor is what makes Christians "extreme fundamentalists" that judge and reject people, bully harass and abuse. Or makes Islamists declare war on infidels and wreak mayhem in the spirit of retribution and wrath. Or pits leftwing and rightwing against each other instead of solving problems and saving resources by investing in sustainable solutions, and quit dividing and destroying the nation.

Whether someone is Atheist or Christian, nontheist or nonchristian,
the more "forgiving and inclusive" their approach, more conflicts can be RESOLVED
even without changing anybody's views or beliefs. Perceptions may change,
where people realize they don't have to reject each other to work out common solutions.

That's why you'll find Atheists, Muslims, Christians, and both leftwing and rightwing advocates who get along: as long as they can forgive and include each other, there is no conflict that cannot be resolved one way or another, even by agreeing to separate.

And likewise, the common factors in either Christians or Atheists, Muslims or any other religious or political group that CAN'T work out differences is:
unforgiveness, rejection and EXCLUSION. The idea of Mutual Exclusion especially.
This is independent of affiliation.

The point was to show you your original stance was one sided and incorrect. Like I said before you can find instances on this forum on both sides being rude to each other. To proclaim only one is, is being dishonest. Also please provide thses videos were atheists are being as bad as the christians in the video I put up.
My statement is that essentially that the typical American atheist is more likely to viciously attack others beliefs and refer to them as stupid than other people. The OP had an article called ten myths about atheists. One of the myths was that they are rude and I am saying that it is in fact not a myth. It is there for a reason. Like a stereotype. Black people good at basketball, Asians good at math, or black people liking watermelon. I doubt there is any research into the claims I make for or against them. A video can be made by anyone and posted. I don't take online videos as serious evidence of a hateful culture because you could find ten videos and it wouldn't shock me at all that there are ten videos out there of Christians saying hateful things to atheists. That's why there's no point in watching it is because I already believe it exists. Jehovah witnesses may be annoying but I have yet to have one call me an idiot and say I can't be reasoned with. On the reverse side I have experienced this multiple times from discussions with atheists. I don't know why you would think that an atheist is above saying hateful things to people when there is literally no moral code as an atheist. You may be a good atheist but what about the next atheist? He could have his own set of principles completely the opposite of what you believe. There is no consistency. In a religion it is already outlined what you should do. If you don't follow it then you're fake.
I can prove to you that there is no moral code for christians either. Care to take the challenge?

I can prove to you that there is no moral code for christians either. Care to take the challenge?
Just because someone calls them self a christian doesn't make them a christian or a Muslim a Muslim. The moral code I'm talking about is in the bible or whatever religious book used. If any "christian" isn't making an attempt at following the bible then they aren't a christian. It's that simple. You can find preachers/priests who molest. You can also find atheists who molest. You act as if I believe anyone who claims a religion is perfect.

Hi SUPERMAN1929 I think you might do better to break down into groups more to PINPOINT the personality type that tends to be this rejecting hateful reactionary type.

I think you meant ANTI-THEIST
which is a shade different from A-THEIST.

The same way I would distinguish degrees of Islamic/Muslim followers as
* Jihadists being the most extreme retributive and militant type that resorts to terrorism
* Islamist being the oppressive type that takes over govt and imposes authoritarian law without Due Process and other check and balances (more retributive justice than restorative justice)
* Muslims referring to the peaceful followers who don't invoke authority to impose justice on people, but who seek peace through restorative justice and reconciling relations with all other people of all faiths, without coercion (ie no violence, terrorism or oppression)

I would distinguish
* nontheists as neutral, secular approaches that don't personify or deify God but may refer to the same concepts as Nature, Universal Laws, collective truth or life
* antitheists as AGAINST theism, against Christianity, religion and other such beliefs
* atheists as those who actively BELIEVE there is not a God, as if this is proven to them

I don't think it is fair to say that "more atheists tend to be antitheists"
I think these are the most vocal and visible, but not necessarily the greatest in number.

Same with Christians -- we likely hear and see the most vocal and visible who tend to be the fundamentalist preaching type; but that doesn't tell us how many Christian practice privately and do not go around preaching, judging or rejecting others. There are many Universalist types among all faiths, Christians Bahai UU Muslims Buddhists.
So of course, there are Humanists and Atheists who are universalist, and accept all people as having their own views, and don't go around hating or rejecting others.

I wouldn't begin to judge these numbers, just based on who I see and hear most often!

Just because someone calls them self a christian doesn't make them a christian or a Muslim a Muslim. The moral code I'm talking about is in the bible or whatever religious book used. If any "christian" isn't making an attempt at following the bible then they aren't a christian. It's that simple. You can find preachers/priests who molest. You can also find atheists who molest. You act as if I believe anyone who claims a religion is perfect.

Christians are quick to forgive their own and weigh in that their Christianity should be a relevant mitigation in their punishment.

I'm not sure about that. I find some "neighbors in Christ" live by the SAME spirit of "Restorative Justice" that Jesus Christ embodies, but these people use Natural Laws
and not necessarily the Bible.

I have Muslim and Atheist friends I consider "neighbors in Christ" because they respond by conscience and relate to humanity the same as Christians, but use their own laws to describe their responsibilities to their neighbors, humanity and society.
This is still INVOKING the Christian spirit, but using their own local laws and language to establish truth by agreement by conscience. the process in one in Christ, though the language may vary depending on the audience or "tribe" that person represents or addresses.

There are two folds of the one flock and Jesus still governs them both as the spirit of
JUSTICE:
* the Believers under Scriptural laws (Muslims, Jews Christians and any others who invoke Biblical authority)
* the Secular Gentiles under Natural laws (Buddhists, Humanists, Constitutionalists, Nontheists / Atheists, Social Sciences, etc.)

You can still be Christian and follow the secular fold under natural laws
that is equally fulfilled in Christ Jesus. See Romans 2:14
Romans 2 14 Indeed when Gentiles who do not have the law do by nature things required by the law they are a law for themselves even though they do not have the law.

I happen to know enough Muslims, Atheists and "nonchristians" who live by
Restorative Justice to know this is the same spirit as Christ Jesus. We are able to forgive and receive each other "in the spirit of Christ Jesus" even though this is called Justice and Peace.

There will be righteous gentiles
who receive rebuke and seek truth to make peace, just like Christians are
supposed to follow by Matthew 18:15-20
Thus by their spirit and their fruits you shall know them.
If they do not reject Christ Jesus, if they receive all neighbors who come in the name
of Christ Jesus or Restorative Justice, then they become reconciled in Christ.
it's an ongoing process. Until the spirit of truth reconciles all tribes as one in harmony.

I believe in the end stages, it is the Gentiles who lead the way to establish truth;
so the spirit of truth is established, then the spirit of Justice or Jesus is invoked in that spirit, and then the Holy Spirit or Peace for all humanity accompanies the establishment of Justice.

So the secular gentiles play an important role in the final stages,
by using science and reason to establish truth by agreement.

Last edited:

Hi SUPERMAN1929 I think you might do better to break down into groups more to PINPOINT the personality type that tends to be this rejecting hateful reactionary type.

I think you meant ANTI-THEIST
which is a shade different from A-THEIST.

The same way I would distinguish degrees of Islamic/Muslim followers as
* Jihadists being the most extreme retributive and militant type that resorts to terrorism
* Islamist being the oppressive type that takes over govt and imposes authoritarian law without Due Process and other check and balances (more retributive justice than restorative justice)
* Muslims referring to the peaceful followers who don't invoke authority to impose justice on people, but who seek peace through restorative justice and reconciling relations with all other people of all faiths, without coercion (ie no violence, terrorism or oppression)

I would distinguish
* nontheists as neutral, secular approaches that don't personify or deify God but may refer to the same concepts as Nature, Universal Laws, collective truth or life
* antitheists as AGAINST theism, against Christianity, religion and other such beliefs
* atheists as those who actively BELIEVE there is not a God, as if this is proven to them

I don't think it is fair to say that "more atheists tend to be antitheists"
I think these are the most vocal and visible, but not necessarily the greatest in number.

Same with Christians -- we likely hear and see the most vocal and visible who tend to be the fundamentalist preaching type; but that doesn't tell us how many Christian practice privately and do not go around preaching, judging or rejecting others. There are many Universalist types among all faiths, Christians Bahai UU Muslims Buddhists.
So of course, there are Humanists and Atheists who are universalist, and accept all people as having their own views, and don't go around hating or rejecting others.

I wouldn't begin to judge these numbers, just based on who I see and hear most often!
Yes, I'm talking about antitheists which many atheists tend to be. So atheist is the broader term with antitheist being more specific?
Antitheists continually try to explain how there will no longer be religion in a couple hundred years and that without religion there would be no war. blablabla. Calling people who oppose them primitive, stupid, underdeveloped... This is the experience I have had in debates with antitheists. They want to end religion and tell religious people they're stupid as fuck basically.
It's similar to the westboro baptist church being used as examples of christians I suppose if other atheists actually reject the inclusion of antitheists.
The lacking morals thing has a lot of basis because how does an atheist really determine his morals? It's completely up to him. There is no atheist convention that says all atheists have a good set of morals. Atheists simply reject the belief in a deity and therefore have no predetermined set of morals.

Christians are quick to forgive their own and weigh in that their Christianity should be a relevant mitigation in their punishment.
Example? Real or fake I just want to know what kind of situation you are talking about.

Example? Real or fake I just want to know what kind of situation you are talking about.

Nearly every Christian gets some benefit of the doubt when in court and upon receiving sentence as the words "But you honor he/she is a good Christian".

This happens thousands of times a day all over the country.

Most judges are religious people. It is nearly impossible to get elected or appointed to any position in the judicial system if you are not a Christian or a devout Jew.

You can't tell me that the judge's religious preferences do not reflect on their decisions.

I'm not sure about that. I find some "neighbors in Christ" live by the SAME spirit of "Restorative Justice" that Jesus Christ embodies, but these people use Natural Laws
and not necessarily the Bible.

I have Muslim and Atheist friends I consider "neighbors in Christ" because they respond by conscience and relate to humanity the same as Christians, but use their own laws to describe their responsibilities to their neighbors, humanity and society.
This is still INVOKING the Christian spirit, but using their own local laws and language to establish truth by agreement by conscience. the process in one in Christ, though the language may vary depending on the audience or "tribe" that person represents or addresses.

There are two folds of the one flock and Jesus still governs them both as the spirit of
JUSTICE:
* the Believers under Scriptural laws (Muslims, Jews Christians and any others who invoke Biblical authority)
* the Secular Gentiles under Natural laws (Buddhists, Humanists, Constitutionalists, Nontheists / Atheists, Social Sciences, etc.)

You can still be Christian and follow the secular fold under natural laws
that is equally fulfilled in Christ Jesus. See Romans 2:14
Romans 2 14 Indeed when Gentiles who do not have the law do by nature things required by the law they are a law for themselves even though they do not have the law.

I happen to know enough Muslims, Atheists and "nonchristians" who live by
Restorative Justice to know this is the same spirit as Christ Jesus. We are able to forgive and receive each other "in the spirit of Christ Jesus" even though this is called Justice and Peace.

There will be righteous gentiles
who receive rebuke and seek truth to make peace, just like Christians are
supposed to follow by Matthew 18:15-20
Thus by their spirit and their fruits you shall know them.
If they do not reject Christ Jesus, if they receive all neighbors who come in the name
of Christ Jesus or Restorative Justice, then they become reconciled in Christ.
it's an ongoing process. Until the spirit of truth reconciles all tribes as one in harmony.

I believe in the end stages, it is the Gentiles who lead the way to establish truth;
so the spirit of truth is established, then the spirit of Justice or Jesus is invoked in that spirit, and then the Holy Spirit or Peace for all humanity accompanies the establishment of Justice.

So the secular gentiles play an important role in the final stages,
by using science and reason to establish truth by agreement.
Whenever I read the bible I took the gentiles to mean non Jews because the Jews had repeatedly turned away from him therefore non Jews would lead the end times. My interpretation of that was that it was just anyone but the Jews.

Nearly every Christian gets some benefit of the doubt when in court and upon receiving sentence as the words "But you honor he/she is a good Christian".

Most judges are religious people. It is nearly impossible to get elected or appointed to any position in the judicial system if you are not a Christian or a devout Jew.

You can't tell me that the judge's religious preferences do not reflect on their decisions.
I've never heard of someone mentioning in court them being a christian or any religion as a reason for lighter sentencing or getting off the hook. I've never heard a judge talk with the accused of religion.

Are you talking about getting out on parole? When getting out on parole I feel as though it is easier if you converted to a religion and then hold it dear and promise to live by it's guidelines. You know Alcoholics Anonymous, the most successful alcohol/drug addiction recovery program, also uses religion as a method of recovery. It strongly believes that without a belief in some higher power you will not be able to defeat the addiction. I imagine it's a similar thought process when considering someone for parole.

Hi Tuatara The difference I find with
* Christians -- if you rebuke them according to their own faith, as a fellow Christian, they tend to respond. it is like they are programmed to follow their commitment by conscience.
* Constitutionalists -- if you rebuke them using Constitutional principles, as a fellow enforcer of Constitutional laws, they tend to respond to corrections

I have had similar success in reconciliation and resolving conflicts by
* answering and explaining to Muslims using their own principles
* explaining to atheists or secular humanists using their own standards or examples

Curiously, I have more luck citing the Constitution and Christian laws to hold rightwing conservatives and prolife to account; but when it comes to liberal prochoice and leftwing, I have a MUCH harder time trying to get them to follow prochoice principles.

I think there is a deeper commitment inherent in Christian and Constitutional followers,
where they respond to rebukes using these laws.

I find it takes longer to establish such a relationship with nonaffiliated "free thinkers" who don't commit to follow a set system, but go by natural laws of what they personally consent or dissent to, so that establishing agreement depends on using their own terms and personal experiences relative to them.

It's a similar process of resolving all conflicts and objections,
but Christians and Constitutionalists have a standard set of principles I can cite
to explain and correct issues point by point: ethics-commission.net
If all citizens could agree to standard Constitutional ethics and principles,
we'd have a more streamlined process of petitioning to redress grievances and abuses.

I've never heard of someone mentioning in court them being a christian or any religion as a reason for lighter sentencing or getting off the hook. I've never heard a judge talk with the accused of religion.

Are you talking about getting out on parole? When getting out on parole I feel as though it is easier if you converted to a religion and then hold it dear and promise to live by it's guidelines. You know Alcoholics Anonymous, the most successful alcohol/drug addiction recovery program, also uses religion as a method of recovery. It strongly believes that without a belief in some higher power you will not be able to defeat the addiction. I imagine it's a similar thought process when considering someone for parole.

Your response is so naive that at first I was shocked by it. Clearly you have never been in a courtroom or on a jury. I have. I have observed the judicial system on my own just for the knowledge of how it works.

I don't believe AA is the most successful drug/alcohol treatment. Shock aversion therapy is proven to be more successful and allows the patient to return to a normal life without the time wasted in group admission peer pressure.

Forum List

Back