100 million dollars for an attack that kills zero aircraft and accomplishes nothing strategically

Honestly, I believe when the numbers come out on this the United States is going to look more pathetic than ever. A weak, irrational, and impulsive Trump switches his entire foreign policy stance in a day due to some graphic videos, and signs off on a costly missile strike on an airfield that was probably evacuated...

1. Immediately after the chemical attack, when they relocated their air assets to prevent something like this from happening

2. When Donald red phoned the Russians, and they told their Syrian allies to move their air assets from the chemical weapon bases.

This was a high risk publicity stunt, and it took 2% of the US tomahawk missile arsenal. It also makes him look like a major hypocrite for saying this, after tweeting several years ago that Obama should get congressional approval. Syria, Russia, and Iran are already spinning this to shame America. Hell, America should be ashamed for its weak armed imperialism.

It accomplishes a lot for the defense lobby and that massive budget busting defense spending increase they and Trump want.

How did you get permission from your Russian handler so fast? Was he standing right there looking over your shoulder?

Your first mistake was thinking I was a Russian agent. Allahu Akbar!
No, you're not good enough to be a Russian agent. You're just a Russophile who'll drop to his knees to suck what nectar he can drain from his Russian masters.

Like I said yesterday, this was a symbolic gesture so Trump could make a chest-thumping Tweet and then go back to doing nothing about Assad. Hell, Trump's probably already called Putin to apologize.

I wouldn't be surprised if Putin approved it. Donald contacted the Russian military in Syria before the attack, so it's likely zero Syrian aircraft were destroyed.

And why the fuck are they taking so long to release satellite imagery? What do they have to hide?

Like I said yesterday, this was a symbolic gesture so Trump could make a chest-thumping Tweet and then go back to doing nothing about Assad. Hell, Trump's probably already called Putin to apologize.
The funny part is that all the bitching and moaning from the fucking Russians has been from underlings. Second-rate political lackeys, not Putin himself.

i don't know that we can say nothing strategic was accomplished. I wasn't all that crazy about the idea of this, TBH, but calling it useless isn't accurate either.

Syria was informed in no uncertain terms that they can't pull this shit. We have more tomahawks, although it is an expensive solution to any problem, no doubt about that.

Russia was informed that their desires are not paramount. Their response, to this point, has been meaningless twaddle, so their bluff seems to this point to have been called.

IMO, these were messages that needed sending for, oooooh, about 8 years or so.

We'll see if there's pushback and what happens as the situation develops, but as it sits right now this is a "W" for Trump, IMO.

As a bonus North Korea also now knows this guy will shoot, which is good, and this 'he's a russian puppet' nonsense, which has been nothing but a diversion from the left intended to undermine a duly elected president, just got a tomahawk shoved right up its ass....

and this 'he's a russian puppet' nonsense, which has been nothing but a diversion from the left intended to undermine a duly elected president, just got a tomahawk shoved right up its ass....

Despite calling the Russians in advance, who in turn told the Syrians and nothing was destroyed. I'm not at all convinced.

The only accomplishment was spending a ridiculous amount of money to accomplish nothing, amidst tax cuts and budget increases. This was how Bush caused the recession.

i don't know that we can say nothing strategic was accomplished. I wasn't all that crazy about the idea of this, TBH, but calling it useless isn't accurate either.

Syria was informed in no uncertain terms that they can't pull this shit. We have more tomahawks, although it is an expensive solution to any problem, no doubt about that.

Russia was informed that their desires are not paramount. Their response, to this point, has been meaningless twaddle, so their bluff seems to this point to have been called.

We'll see if there's pushback and what happens as the situation develops, but as it sits right now this is a "W" for Trump, IMO.

As a bonus North Korea also now knows this guy will shoot, which is good, and this 'he's a russian puppet' nonsense, which has been nothing but a diversion from the left intended to undermine a duly elected president, just got a tomahawk shoved right up its ass....
But how about all the Trumpbots who thought he'd address 'merica's problems and not the world's.

Honestly, I believe when the numbers come out on this the United States is going to look more pathetic than ever. A weak, irrational, and impulsive Trump switches his entire foreign policy stance in a day due to some graphic videos, and signs off on a costly missile strike on an airfield that was probably evacuated...

1. Immediately after the chemical attack, when they relocated their air assets to prevent something like this from happening

2. When Donald red phoned the Russians, and they told their Syrian allies to move their air assets from the chemical weapon bases.

This was a high risk publicity stunt, and it took 2% of the US tomahawk missile arsenal. It also makes him look like a major hypocrite for saying this, after tweeting several years ago that Obama should get congressional approval. Syria, Russia, and Iran are already spinning this to shame America. Hell, America should be ashamed for its weak armed imperialism.

SPIN BABY SPIN

and this 'he's a russian puppet' nonsense, which has been nothing but a diversion from the left intended to undermine a duly elected president, just got a tomahawk shoved right up its ass....

Despite calling the Russians in advance, who in turn told the Syrians and nothing was destroyed. I'm not at all convinced.

The only accomplishment was spending a ridiculous amount of money to accomplish nothing, amidst tax cuts and budget increases. This was how Bush caused the recession.

Well, sure he called the Russians. Get your folks out of there so they don't end up dead is a good call to make. We don't want war with Russia any more than Russia wants one with us, so avoiding putting them in a situation where they had no choice but to fire back, as would have been the case if, say, a Russian group was on that base or whatever, is exactly what he should have done.

It accomplishes a lot for the defense lobby and that massive budget busting defense spending increase they and Trump want.

Wait, now you're worried about budgets?

:lmao:

But how about all the Trumpbots who thought he'd address 'merica's problems and not the world's.

What about them? A limited response of launching cruise missiles doesn't change that all that much. I hope it does not escalate as I don't think anyone is looking for another Middle East morass here.

Message recieved loud and clear. Sarin gas attack on civilians?

'Bad Dog! No! Bad Dog!'

Well, sure he called the Russians. Get your folks out of there so they don't end up dead is a good call to make.

And the Russians contacted the Syrians, which means the attack didn't do anything but waste 100 million and 2% of the tomahawk missile arsenal.

The Syrians had probably already relocated all their air assets after the chemical attack just in case of retaliation.

Last edited:

What about them? A limited response of launching cruise missiles doesn't change that all that much. I hope it does not escalate as I don't think anyone is looking for another Middle East morass here.
Oh I think the Trumpots are either silent or going Neocon mode. LOL But, imo, you are right that nothing really has changed substantively. There's no way the House passes a bill cutting taxes and increasing defense spending .... unless it totally guts domestic spending, and that bill can't make it through the senate.

I bet those missiles looked awesome slamming into their targets, i always loved watching that while in the military..

Well, sure he called the Russians. Get your folks out of there so they don't end up dead is a good call to make.

And the Russians contacted the Syrians, which means the attack didn't do anything but waste 100 million and 2% of the tomahawk missile arsenal.

The Syrians had probably already relocated all their air assets after the chemical attack just in case of retaliation.

you're likely right that the russians alerted the syrians. I assume they did.

the point of my original comment was that, strategically speaking, sending a message that this won't be tolerated is accomplishing something.

IMO, that got done whether or not Assad got most of his toys out of the way or not so this wasn't a total waste of time, as Assad has more to think about today than he did yesterday....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back