100% of Economists Disagree with Trump

They wouldn't jump 45%m as Rabbi claimed.

How much would it jump?

I have no idea. Why do you ask?

I have no idea.

Exactly. If you're claiming a 45% tariff on imports from China will leave other prices unchanged, you're wrong.

What point are you trying to make?

Tariffs raise prices on more than their target.

You did not address my point that a tariff on Chinese goods only affects Chinese goods, not "across the board" as you claimed.

Your claim here is simply incorrect.

Rabbi stated that a 45% Tariff on Chinese Steel would cause a 45% increase "across the board".

IMO that is not true.

I did not claim that it would not raise other prices at all.

We can do without that 100 billion in exports, if that is what it comes to.

Yes, Trade Wars can escalate.

Maybe those who are so heavily benefiting from trade with US should be careful about how they handle US, and our concerns.

Yes, other will try to get in the "gap". They should consider what happened to China as they operate.

Or is it only America that has to be a grown up in your world?
OK so you want to trash businesses and jobs because you think China isnt being nice to us.
That pretty much establishes your level of maturity, intelligence and knowledge on this topic. You are incompetent to discuss this and a waste of my time.

You have not addressed my point about how insignificant 100 billion in exports is to an economy of 18 trillion.

YOu have not supported your claim that wage stagnation is a myth.

You have not addressed my point about your double standard on judging American behavior vs all our trade partners.

Calling me incompetent at this point is not very convincing.

Take some time to think about the questions I have raised.

You have not addressed my point about how insignificant 100 billion in exports is to an economy of 18 trillion.

Or the insignificance of $466 billion of imports to an economy of $18 trillion.

But, my interests in that is NOT towards the whole of the economy but to the benefit that can bring to the Working and to Middle Classes.

A couple hundred Billion worth of manufacturing jobs could turn a lot of American lives, even whole cities.

But, my interests in that is NOT towards the whole of the economy

Obviously. Because the whole of the economy is damaged by tariffs.

but to the benefit that can bring to the Working and to Middle Classes.

Who do you think benefits from the lower prices available at WalMart?

A couple hundred Billion worth of manufacturing jobs could turn a lot of American lives, even whole cities.

I agree, which is why we should cut corporate taxes and reduce moronic regulations.

1. The whole of the economy is also damaged by unfair competition and rigged trade, which is what we have now, imo.

2. All consumers across the board.

3. We can do that ALSO and benefit them even more.

OK so you want to trash businesses and jobs because you think China isnt being nice to us.
That pretty much establishes your level of maturity, intelligence and knowledge on this topic. You are incompetent to discuss this and a waste of my time.

You have not addressed my point about your double standard on judging American behavior vs all our trade partners.

But, my interests in that is NOT towards the whole of the economy but to the benefit that can bring to the Working and to Middle Classes.

I agree, which is why we should cut corporate taxes and reduce moronic regulations.

1. The whole of the economy is also damaged by unfair competition and rigged trade, which is what we have now, imo.

The whole of the economy is also damaged by unfair competition and rigged trade, which is what we have now, imo.

What is unfair and rigged? Specifics?

How much would it jump?

I have no idea.

Exactly. If you're claiming a 45% tariff on imports from China will leave other prices unchanged, you're wrong.

You did not address my point that a tariff on Chinese goods only affects Chinese goods, not "across the board" as you claimed.

Rabbi stated that a 45% Tariff on Chinese Steel would cause a 45% increase "across the board".

IMO that is not true.

IMO that is not true.

So it'd be 40%?

It sounds like you did.

Now that we've admitted it would raise other prices, does this reduce your support?

The whole of the economy is also damaged by unfair competition and rigged trade, which is what we have now, imo.

What is unfair and rigged? Specifics?

I don't know all the specifics.

But the massive and permanent deficit we are running with China is not because of Fair and Free Trade.

Some issues that I do know.

THe low wages paid there.

The lack of copyright enforcement there.

Hell, the lack of pollution controls there are a unfair competitive advantage in their manufacturing.

I have no idea.

IMO that is not true.

IMO that is not true.

So it'd be 40%?

It sounds like you did.

Now that we've admitted it would raise other prices, does this reduce your support?

I do not know how much the increase would be.

We are not "admitting" that it would raise other prices, because I never denied that it would raise other prices.

And, no, it does not reduce my support.

I have no idea.

IMO that is not true.

IMO that is not true.

So it'd be 40%?

It sounds like you did.

We are not "admitting" that it would raise other prices, because I never denied that it would raise other prices.

Please amend your following claim.

Then I can stop bringing it up.

IMO that is not true.

IMO that is not true.

So it'd be 40%?

It sounds like you did.

Already did.

They wouldn't jump 45% as Rabbi claimed.

Why are the Chinese more "dicks to the US" than other nations we trade with? What difference does it make that they are "dicks"? WHo really cares?
Again, tariffs don't work. Ask Mr Smoot an Mr Hawley how things worked out for them.

The biggest trade deficit of all Time, and not from Free Trade and Fair Competition, but from them being dicks.

YOu did not address my point about the impact of 100 billion of Trade to an economy of 18 trillion.

Stating your opinion again is not the same as supporting or defending it.
Your first point is mere assertion
Trade is trade. If you think we can do without exports you are mistaken
Trade wars have a way of escalating so if we cut out the Chinese we will end up cutting out the Vietnamese, Burmese and everyone else trying to get in on the gap left by tariffs.

Maybe those who are so heavily benefiting from trade with US should be careful about how they handle US, and our concerns.

Yes, other will try to get in the "gap". They should consider what happened to China as they operate.

It is very significant to the people employed in those industries. It is significant because the effect ramifies through the economy.
Wage stagnation is a myth. Look at consumption as a proxy and we're doing better than 10 years ago, but not as good as 8 years ago
Behavior is irrelevant in trade. It is business
You are incompetent because you do not understand what you are talking about and repeating the same failed points.

They wouldn't jump 45%m as Rabbi claimed.

How much would it jump?

I have no idea.

While he claims we are ignoring his claims he ignores the point that Smoot Hawley was exactly what he is proposing and it led to the Great Depression.

How much would it jump?

I have no idea.

IMO that is not true.

Your opinion is irrelevant.
If Chinese companies are forced to raise prices by 45% then every competitor will raise prices to be competitive. It may not be a 45% increase, but it will certainly be significant.
Do you not know how pricing works?

The biggest trade deficit of all Time, and not from Free Trade and Fair Competition, but from them being dicks.

YOu did not address my point about the impact of 100 billion of Trade to an economy of 18 trillion.

Stating your opinion again is not the same as supporting or defending it.
Trade wars have a way of escalating so if we cut out the Chinese we will end up cutting out the Vietnamese, Burmese and everyone else trying to get in on the gap left by tariffs.

It is very significant to the people employed in those industries. It is significant because the effect ramifies through the economy.
Wage stagnation is a myth. Look at consumption as a proxy and we're doing better than 10 years ago, but not as good as 8 years ago
You are incompetent because you do not understand what you are talking about and repeating the same failed points.
=

1. Yes, it is significant to those directly and indirectly benefiting from it. But that is still tiny compared to the US economy as a whole, AND smaller than the amount of negative impact from the imports.

2. I have repeatedly requested a link on that.

3. If that behavior is unfair trade, it is not irrelevant to trade.

IMO that is not true.

IMO that is not true.

So it'd be 40%?

It sounds like you did.

Already did.

They wouldn't jump 45% as Rabbi claimed.

a tariff on Chinese goods only affects Chinese goods,

Doubling down on your error? Or admitting a tariff will affect more than Chinese goods?

=

1. Yes, it is significant to those directly and indirectly benefiting from it. But that is still tiny compared to the US economy as a whole, AND smaller than the amount of negative impact from the imports.

AND smaller than the amount of negative impact from the imports.

The low prices are a negative impact?

So you think the government should be picking winners and losers in the economy?

=

Please demonstrate how imports are a negative impact on the economy.
Do your own fucking work. Im not here to spoon feed you.
There is no unfair trade. People trade when it is mutually beneficial. If it is not mutually beneficial then people dont trade.

So you think the government should be picking winners and losers in the economy?
Thats exactly what he thinks.

Actually I never expressed an opinion on it. So there's nothing to back up.
Boy do you look stupid. Again.

Oh, really, liar?

No one takes Kudlow seriously on economics. He's totally in the pocket of Club For Growth and the 1%.

It would be like taking Mark Levin or Sean Hannity seriously on politics. Only the know-nothing wingnuts, low information voters, and bitter clingers do.
Really? No one takes Kudlow seriously? Is that why he's never quoted anywhere and is working at McDonalds to make ends meet?
Isn't he the only one at CNBC who doesn't think Trump's plan is a joke?
Thats wrong.

the OP reminds me of the climate change scientists.

And also, doctors saying smoking is bad for you.

Scientists saying the world is older than 6,000 years, too.

Things like that.

What do they know?
I distinctly remember tobacco company doctors saying that smoking was not bad for you. So it wasn't 100% of them either, Toro!!!!!!
4i6Ckte.gif

Forum List

Back