$10K in student loans forgiven by Biden; Fine but its NOT ENOUGH

Sorry, not buying it.
If you're 18 (and thus an adult) and intelligent enough to do college level work, you should be intelligent enough to understand what a loan is and how it works (and the loan paperwork explains EVERYTHING including payback terms).
And the alternative is what?

Im not gonna try to act ungrateful or anything. $10,000 isnt chump change. But it is FAR from enough. If he’s planning a series of $10K forgiveness events, say another 5-6 over the next 2 years, fine, thats real progress.

Now that we see Biden CAN and WILL forgive loans, we must keep up the pressure until its all forgiven. America needs an educated workforce. We make all workplaces smarter, more effective and just to put it bluntly, we add more modern era social views to the building that otherwise may get overlooked.

Thank you President Biden for this “down payment”. Now its time to talk bigger, much bigger.

FUCK OFF. Pay your debts.

The Biden admin is making college literally worthless.

No value. Simply indoctrination centers for communism.

If you can't grasp the responsibility of taking out loans, you don't belong in college in the first place which is what I stated in the the post you responded to.
And you tell me to keep up?
Stupid.
So how does a non rich person pay for college without a loan?

I worked my way through and went to lower cost, in state colleges and took out smaller loans. Sort of like living within my means and being responsible and paying back the debt. To make responsible taxpayers pay for someone else's responsibilities is the theme of the Democrats.

Sad that we can't raise responsible citizens.

A little early for happy hours isn't it?
I would say "please see my post #123" but I'm afraid you wouldn't be able to find it so I'll post it again:

If you're 18 (and thus an adult) and intelligent enough to do college level work, you should be intelligent enough to understand what a loan is and how it works (and the loan paperwork explains EVERYTHING including payback terms).

But your new car helps no one but you. A college educated work force helps everyone. The employer, the coworkers, the customers, all benefit from having college educated employees.

Everybody that works contributes to society. To say society owes you for going to college and nobody else is an insult to any working American. A government car helps people get to their jobs. What do you think about that?

EXCELLENT update: Biden will forgive $20,000 for those who used Pell Grants as students while taking the loan!!! Again, its not enough, but $20,000 is a good start. Lots of students were Pell Grant students, especially if your parents werent rich. So the majority of debt holding students will probably get the full $20,000.

Today is a Good day.

Anytime Democrats bury themselves further in the hole is a good day.

Biden’s bailout is not “free.” It’s paid for by the American people through inflation & higher taxes. If you worked extra shifts, took a second job, made sacrifices, or didn’t go to college Biden is giving you the middle finger while he takes your money

Sorry, not buying it.

It's less of an age thing than it is an experience thing. A kid that never had credit before understands the terms, but it's not reality until they see how many years it takes to payback money. It's why a lot of first time credit card people get into so much debt and the credit card companies know this quite well. Just sign here and you can have anything you desire. I'll worry about paying it back when the time comes.

Nice theory, but obviously bullshit, if the people they're shoving through cannot secure jobs that pay enough to pay their own bills.

This helps YOU and absolutely jams it to everyone else- and that's totally fine with you as long as you don't have to pull yourself up, so spare us the sanctimonious BS about the good to society. You clearly DGAF about society or you wouldn't be gleefully supporting the further bleeding of it for literally your own benefit.

Ah good point. Yes, you’re right, these degrees are NOT securing jobs that pay us enough to repay the loan. Which is why we had the “Fight for $15” campaign, and now even that’s inadequate, so we should raise wages to fix that problem. I suggest a $20/hr minimum wage, and then as workers move up the ladder it becomes $25, $30, $40 an hour and so on, so borrowers CAN repay these loans.

So cancel the debt or raise the wages. Or a combination of some of both. Problem solved.

Ah good point. Yes, you’re right, these degrees are NOT securing jobs that pay us enough to repay the loan. Which is why we had the “Fight for $15” campaign, and now even that’s inadequate, so we should raise wages to fix that problem. I suggest a $20/hr minimum wage, and then as workers move up the ladder it becomes $25, $30, $40 an hour and so on, so borrowers CAN repay these loans.

So cancel the debt or raise the wages. Or a combination of some of both. Problem solved.

It's less of an age thing than it is an experience thing. A kid that never had credit before understands the terms, but it's not reality until they see how many years it takes to payback money. It's why a lot of first time credit card people get into so much debt and the credit card companies know this quite well. Just sign here and you can have anything you desire. I'll worry about paying it back when the time comes.
I understand what you're saying but loan paperwork now includes pay back schedules so they know exactly how much they will be paying back every month and for how long.

Forum List

Back