$10K in student loans forgiven by Biden; Fine but its NOT ENOUGH

Because nothing should be done - people should pay their damn debts.
Well, it is worth noting that they were sold a bill of goods by the state, that they were lured into crippling debt by an ill-conceived government program. The least we can do is shut down the program.

Nothing is being forgiven the responsibility for paying it back is just being transferred to others. This is not loan forgiveness it’s Liam transference.
Of course. The banks are sure as hell going to get their money.

Well, it is worth noting that they were sold a bill of goods by the state, that they were lured into crippling debt by an ill-conceived government program. The least we can do is shut down the program.

We knew this was going to happen when government took over school loans. When Republicans get in, they should return those loans back to the bank. Banks won't bail out lenders.

What "bill of goods"?
How were they "lured into crippling debt"?
If they can't understand what taking out a loan(s) entails then maybe they aren't college material in the 1st place.

Im not gonna try to act ungrateful or anything. $10,000 isnt chump change. But it is FAR from enough. If he’s planning a series of $10K forgiveness events, say another 5-6 over the next 2 years, fine, thats real progress.

Now that we see Biden CAN and WILL forgive loans, we must keep up the pressure until its all forgiven. America needs an educated workforce. We make all workplaces smarter, more effective and just to put it bluntly, we add more modern era social views to the building that otherwise may get overlooked.

Thank you President Biden for this “down payment”. Now its time to talk bigger, much bigger.

Making plumbers and electricians pay off the debts of lawyers and tech workers is a travesty.

The "bad decisions" are those who chose to go after nearly useless degrees, and now cannot pay their own bills.

66% of US college grads regret their education, study finds​

Russia Today?

Great source

Russia Today?

Great source

A college education is still considered a pathway to higher lifetime earnings and gainful employment for Americans. Nevertheless, two-thirds of employees report having regrets when it comes to their advanced degrees, according to a PayScale survey of 248,000 respondents this past spring that was released Tuesday.

What "bill of goods"?
If they can't understand what taking out a loan(s) entails then maybe they aren't college material in the 1st place.
Right. And if banks weren't guaranteed repayment, they'd never lend to these people.

I'm not arguing for forgiveness - I'm saying the program does more harm than good and should be shut down. It's just a feeding trough for banks and academia.

A college education is still considered a pathway to higher lifetime earnings and gainful employment for Americans. Nevertheless, two-thirds of employees report having regrets when it comes to their advanced degrees, according to a PayScale survey of 248,000 respondents this past spring that was released Tuesday.

Only 12% were dissatisfied with their educational choice.

Among those dissatisfied were those in business and math

Hmmm

Guess which was the second least unhappy?

Teachers

Right. And if banks weren't guaranteed repayment, they'd never lend to these people.

I'm not arguing for forgiveness - I'm saying the program does more harm than good and should be shut down. It's just a feeding trough for banks and academia.
Oh they’d still lend. There’s too much money to be made there. And they lend at market rates GUARANTEED.

What a deal that is huh?

What "bill of goods"?

And that's the problem. They are too young and inexperienced to understand what they are actually doing.

My nephews ex went to college for advertising. I asked her what in the world made her take advertising of all things? She said she really didn't know what she wanted to go for, and the college talked her into it to fill the classroom.

So no one will get loans to go to college?
What is your alternative?

Oh they’d still lend. There’s too much money to be made there.

Think so? You think a bank would issue an unsecured loan for 40k to an average high school student who wants to get a degree in traditional South American folk art?

Forum List

Back