12 Dead in Mass Shooting at So.Cal Bar

Should we ban country bars?

Some good laws that expand the power fo government and remove some of our rights should come out of this.
Relax. Shooters will always have rights. A classroom full of kids, not so much.
Vast majority of violent crime is committed by a repeat offenders in this country… How about some criminal control?

No...the democrat party needs them to vote....just ask Florida...

I'm only amazed 2aguy isn't here telling us how the UK is doomed by gun violence.

It is....... you are foolish to think they will be free of it with the policies they have in place...

The good thing is with the Senate having more conservative members, And President Trump’s view on the subject… Passing more frivolous gun control laws Federallywill not happen...
:dance:

in california with some of the most restrictive gun laws in the nation
what more do you want

ALL your guns...now....regardless of your rights, the rare nature of mass shootings and the leftist policies that nurture these violent acts.
"RARE" nature of mass shootings no longer flies, sad as that is.

99 times more people are murdered outside of mass shooting events

so if 1% isn't rare what is?

11:15 p.m. last night. Twelve dead, and they are still counting. Dead include the gunman, who went into a local Country-Western bar & grill having it's weekly College Night and began by shooting the security guard and cashier, then entered and began spraying bullets at college students with his rapid fire gun. Twelve dead include one of the first deputies on the scene.

Thousand Oaks is considered one of the safest communities in the country. Just like Parkland was.

People, it is time we stopped talking and started doing something about this. It is beyond ridiculous that we are no longer safe to go grocery shopping, pray in our church, go to yoga class, or to a bar to dance. Or to work. Or to school.

Something has to be done to stop this. Not just talk this time. It is time to actually do something. January approaches. Make sure your legislators know what you think will help make this country SAFE AGAIN.
I think we need to stop spreading hate on CNN and MSNBC.
We can do that.
Laws only work on the law-abiding. Not on the lawless.
Get rid of liberal judges and liberal politicians...along with their liberal laws that make it easier for crazy people to still be on our streets.
We have to do better with our mentally ill population, that's for sure.

Maybe if California started dumping haloperidol into their water system it might mellow them out a bit?

I say we wait until we know more about the shooter.

Revoke?

Why we should be celebrating our gun rights. A dozen kids slaughtered is a small price to pay. Their families will get over it, just like those Sandy Hook families

You've been NOTHING but a sarcastic jackass in this thread. If this garbage is what's considered "Award winning" at this forum, then that's really sad.
Rightwinger won an award? Are you sure he didn't tell you that?

It's in his avatar. he obviously spends most of his life here so maybe he's found a way to put that in there himself?
If so, that would fit his highly egotistical personality to a "T"

I honestly don't spend time investigating every cute trick I can pull with the User Control Panel
Well, I just want you to know that I won Second Place in the USMB Ultimate Egg Off Challenge a couple Easters ago and I proudly bore the medal in my siggie for months.

11:15 p.m. last night. Twelve dead, and they are still counting. Dead include the gunman, who went into a local Country-Western bar & grill having it's weekly College Night and began by shooting the security guard and cashier, then entered and began spraying bullets at college students with his rapid fire gun. Twelve dead include one of the first deputies on the scene.

Thousand Oaks is considered one of the safest communities in the country. Just like Parkland was.

People, it is time we stopped talking and started doing something about this. It is beyond ridiculous that we are no longer safe to go grocery shopping, pray in our chalong with high capacity magazines for all weaponsurch, go to yoga class, or to a bar to dance. Or to w ork. Or to school.

Something has to be done to stop this. Not just talk this time. It is time to actually do something. January approaches. Make sure your legislators know what you think will help make this country SAFE AGAIN.
As you might expect from do-nothing Trump, he sends "thoughts & prayers," a totally ineffective response to another mass shooting. A great start would be the elimination of military grade automatic assault rifles along with high capacity magazines from our society. Not only should they be banned, they should all be confiscated.

Thankfully, we now have a common sense House of Representatives that will finally address this issue and slap the Senate and President in the face over their inaction.
I certainly add my hopes to yours in that regard. But it is not the only solution. Maine just went mad Blue and in January we will finally start pumping some money into mental health services again and hopefully more early intervention programs and getting some of the mental hospitals up and running again. We have been severely short on psych crisis beds for over a decade. I personally know of people who were suicidal/homicidal waiting for days in ER beds with a police officer present to keep them guarded, waiting for a crisis bed to open in a psychiatric facility.
My guess is that Maine is not the only state with this problem. It is cheaper to throw pills in their face and send them home on the bus. We have to do better.

They shoulda armed themselves.
-------------------------------------------- 12 dead , its too bad , RIP but on the bright side over 320 million Americans went to bed after supper and are just waking up to go to work or school OldLady .

People, it is time we stopped talking and started doing something about this. It is beyond ridiculous that we are no longer safe to go grocery shopping, pray in our chalong with high capacity magazines for all weaponsurch, go to yoga class, or to a bar to dance. Or to w ork. Or to school.

As you might expect from do-nothing Trump, he sends "thoughts & prayers," a totally ineffective response to another mass shooting. A great start would be the elimination of military grade automatic assault rifles along with high capacity magazines from our society. Not only should they be banned, they should all be confiscated.

Thankfully, we now have a common sense House of Representatives that will finally address this issue and slap the Senate and President in the face over their inaction.
I certainly add my hopes to yours in that regard. But it is not the only solution. Maine just went mad Blue and in January we will finally start pumping some money into mental health services again and hopefully more early intervention programs and getting some of the mental hospitals up and running again. We have been severely short on psych crisis beds for over a decade. I personally know of people who were suicidal/homicidal waiting for days in ER beds with a police officer present to keep them guarded, waiting for a crisis bed to open in a psychiatric facility.
My guess is that Maine is not the only state with this problem. It is cheaper to throw pills in their face and send them home on the bus. We have to do better.
here we go again with the military grade automatic bullshit

Yes
We need 330 million guns to keep 320 million people safe

Doesn’t seem to be working too well

What we don't need, and is actually causing the problem over which you soil your diapers, is 320 million liberal social policies that create anger, violence, distrust, personal irresponsibility and are the root cause of the violence problem. Your idol, Maxine Waters for example, spewing hatred and advocating violence.

I ASSURE you, remove liberal policies and you SOLVE the gun violence problem.

Did you know that for over 150 years in America, school aged children carried loaded guns to school with them and a shooting was unheard of.

What do you suppose happened since then? HINT: leftists. (Note I did not say Democrats)
Save me your NRA driven angst

Guns don’t kill people......liberal policies do

We are a gun loving society. They are the solution to our problems and a primary way to resolve conflicts

Yes
We need 330 million guns to keep 320 million people safe

Doesn’t seem to be working too well

What we don't need, and is actually causing the problem over which you soil your diapers, is 320 million liberal social policies that create anger, violence, distrust, personal irresponsibility and are the root cause of the violence problem. Your idol, Maxine Waters for example, spewing hatred and advocating violence.

I ASSURE you, remove liberal policies and you SOLVE the gun violence problem.

Did you know that for over 150 years in America, school aged children carried loaded guns to school with them and a shooting was unheard of.

What do you suppose happened since then? HINT: leftists. (Note I did not say Democrats)
Save me your NRA driven angst

Guns don’t kill people......liberal policies do

We are a gun loving society. They are the solution to our problems and a primary way to resolve conflicts
if guns were the primary way to resolve conflicts there would be a shit load more people murdered

But what you say does hold true in our ultra violent inner cities and that has an extreme effect on our murder rate as a nation

Doesn’t California have the best gun laws?

This couldn’t have happened in California because liberals have made California a perfect state.
I`m pretty sure that California`s borders are open. Is it possible that a gun can be brought in from another state dumbass?

You mean like criminals coming to America from the open Mexican border?

That doesn’t happen.
The MAGA folks are the ones gunning people down and sending bombs to Trump`s enemies. Why talk about a wall?

No.... the synagogue shooter was anti-Trump.... the bomber sent fake bombs through the mail.... the only shooters killing people are bernie sanders supporters who shot up the Republican baseball team and the black lives matter supporters who have murdered at least 9 police officers....6 in that Dallas shooting alone...
No....the synagogue shooter was worked up over an "invasion" by poor brown people and it was indeed Trump that was feeding him that bullshit. If BLM was responsible for killing police we can say the NRA was responsible for gun nuts blowing up the Federal building in Oklahoma City. See how that works? You guys have the bigger body count by far. You`re WINNING!

How about requiring metal detectors in bars? There are bars already that require it from patrons. Security guards who are instructed to perform body cavity searches on the patrons is another idea.

Many penitentiaries have that to protect the inmates. What kind of society do we have that we value the lives of Child Molesters doing time more than we value the life of young people getting drunk?

Doesn’t California have the best gun laws?

This couldn’t have happened in California because liberals have made California a perfect state.
I`m pretty sure that California`s borders are open. Is it possible that a gun can be brought in from another state dumbass?

You mean like criminals coming to America from the open Mexican border?

That doesn’t happen.
The MAGA folks are the ones gunning people down and sending bombs to Trump`s enemies. Why talk about a wall?

No.... the synagogue shooter was anti-Trump.... the bomber sent fake bombs through the mail.... the only shooters killing people are bernie sanders supporters who shot up the Republican baseball team and the black lives matter supporters who have murdered at least 9 police officers....6 in that Dallas shooting alone...
No....the synagogue shooter was worked up over an "invasion" by poor brown people and it was indeed Trump that was feeding him that bullshit. If BLM was responsible for killing police we can say the NRA was responsible for gun nuts blowing up the Federal building in Oklahoma City. See how that works? You guys have the bigger body count by far. You`re WINNING!

The synagogue shooter hates Trump. His online posting are full of anti-Trump rhetoric. So, I call shenanigans on your nonsense.

Forum List

Back