14 year old boy to get year in jail for wearing NRA T-shirt

The irony... from the front entrance of Logan Middle School where our miscreant was arrested.

article-0-1A598A80000005DC-530_634x414.jpg

Doesn't that violate their "zero tolerance" policy?

images

Not unless it is in writing. Sounds like they are making the rules as they go along.

Will the school now try to shoot down the kid's legal argument?

LOL. Good analogy. Of course the precedent for this came out of the left wing protests against the Vietnam war. See post below. Libs should be embracing his legal precedent.

Last edited:
This action is clearly to punish the parents. If you want to know what he will go through see the movie Sleepers with Kevin Bacon.

Things have gotten too far out of hand. I do think it's fine for a school to have a dress code and they shouldn't wear anything promoting violence or literally showing their ass. Supporting one's rights isn't offensive, at least not to the intelligent. Supporting the 2nd amendment is not threatening in the least. Only to those intent on stretching things to fit their agenda will feign shock.

If the school's dress code disallows t-shirts with printing, then no child should wear a tee shirt with writing on it. I think the lame attempt at gun control in our schools is not only ineffective, but it borders on insanity. Most of the shooters who killed or injured classmates were outcasts who were suspended from school. Targeting students and being overly harsh is likely to send one of them over the edge. When it comes to openly supporting our bill of rights, only a flaming idiot will see that as a bad thing.

Maybe there wouldn't be much of an obession with defending our rights if they weren't currently under assault. It's the gun control crowd stirring the pot and getting people concerned about where they are going with this latest agenda. If you want to see people cling tighter to anything, just threaten to take it away or limit it in some fashion. Once we start down a certain road, there is no end and history proves that.

Teachers and others who are stupid enough to believe that the current zero tolerance has any safety benefits whatsoever need to get a fucking grip and realize that they are only getting people thinking about how our rights are being compromised. Pop tarts and toy guns never have and never will hurt people. While they freak out over such minor things, any real threat remains untouched and unstopped.

Things have gotten too far out of hand. I do think it's fine for a school to have a dress code and they shouldn't wear anything promoting violence or literally showing their ass. Supporting one's rights isn't offensive, at least not to the intelligent. Supporting the 2nd amendment is not threatening in the least. Only to those intent on stretching things to fit their agenda will feign shock.

Makes you wonder if his shirt was supporting the right to vote would we have ever heard about this kid?

Talk about your bad timing! However, I do believe this is an old pic.
0.png

This is just too good. The White House tweeted a photo of President Obama with a scary looking assault water gun on Father's Day.

Hope all the dads out there have a great Father's Day weekend: http://t.co/JFD34sfklp #QualityTime pic.twitter.com/2UvcSk1VYk
— The White House (@whitehouse) June 15, 2013

Meanwhile, the kid who wore an NRA t-shirt to school is facing jail time.
White House Tweets Picture of Obama With a Scary Gun for Father's Day - Katie Pavlich

If the school's dress code disallows t-shirts with printing, then no child should wear a tee shirt with writing on it. I think the lame attempt at gun control in our schools is not only ineffective, but it borders on insanity. Most of the shooters who killed or injured classmates were outcasts who were suspended from school. Targeting students and being overly harsh is likely to send one of them over the edge. When it comes to openly supporting our bill of rights, only a flaming idiot will see that as a bad thing.

Maybe there wouldn't be much of an obession with defending our rights if they weren't currently under assault. It's the gun control crowd stirring the pot and getting people concerned about where they are going with this latest agenda. If you want to see people cling tighter to anything, just threaten to take it away or limit it in some fashion. Once we start down a certain road, there is no end and history proves that.

Teachers and others who are stupid enough to believe that the current zero tolerance has any safety benefits whatsoever need to get a fucking grip and realize that they are only getting people thinking about how our rights are being compromised. Pop tarts and toy guns never have and never will hurt people. While they freak out over such minor things, any real threat remains untouched and unstopped.

An elementary school kid got suspended in Nashville for having a key chain with a 1 inch replica of a gun on it. That was at least 10 years ago.

An elementary school kid got suspended in Nashville for having a key chain with a 1 inch replica of a gun on it. That was at least 10 years ago.

You'll shoot yer eye out kid

A key chain isn't a gun. It's a key chain. The NRA does not promote violence. The NRA promotes the right of citizens to own guns as set out by the Constitution. And the right of a student to protest was set out in the Tinker case, below. They can as long as it does not disrupt classes. There is no evidence that this shirt disrupted classes. He does have a legal precedent for appeal. And I hope to hell he wins.

Blind adherence to zero-tolerance policies are far easier than thinking.

Blind adherence to zero-tolerance policies are far easier than thinking.

And he was the son of the PTA president.

A key chain isn't a gun. It's a key chain. The NRA does not promote violence. The NRA promotes the right of citizens to own guns as set out by the Constitution. And the right of a student to protest was set out in the Tinker case, below. They can as long as it does not disrupt classes. There is no evidence that this shirt disrupted classes. He does have a legal precedent for appeal. And I hope to hell he wins.
I hope he spends a year in the slammer........just to piss off the NRA

Enjoy slavery!

14-Year-Old Year in Jail Wearing NRA T-Shirt School | Complex

Anyway, they'll lock him up for your "Security." A nation of idiots.

"Bong hits for Jesus"

Bong Hits 4 Jesus ? Supreme Court Case « Drug WarRant

Do guns create a significant risk for schools/students. Read the link and see if Alito's reasoning applies in the NRA T-Shirt situation.

Guns are not illegal.

Neither is alcohol...but kids aren't supposed to have t-shirts promoting it either.

I hope he spends a year in the slammer........just to piss off the NRA

Yes I know you punish for political statements.

Forum List

Back