14 year old boy to get year in jail for wearing NRA T-shirt

A key chain isn't a gun. It's a key chain. The NRA does not promote violence. The NRA promotes the right of citizens to own guns as set out by the Constitution. And the right of a student to protest was set out in the Tinker case, below. They can as long as it does not disrupt classes. There is no evidence that this shirt disrupted classes. He does have a legal precedent for appeal. And I hope to hell he wins.
I hope he spends a year in the slammer........just to piss off the NRA

Yes I know you punish for political statements.

Teach him respect for his elders. Like I said, I'd prefer a public spanking but a year at hard labor does the trick

Enjoy slavery!

14-Year-Old Year in Jail Wearing NRA T-Shirt School | Complex

Anyway, they'll lock him up for your "Security." A nation of idiots.

"Bong hits for Jesus"

Bong Hits 4 Jesus ? Supreme Court Case « Drug WarRant

Do guns create a significant risk for schools/students. Read the link and see if Alito's reasoning applies in the NRA T-Shirt situation.

Guns are not illegal.

True, and that's not the point. Guns are not allowed in schools (at least in most jurisdictions) and the minor in the Bong Case was not selling drugs, he was expressing himself as was the kid in the instant matter.

"Bong hits for Jesus"

Bong Hits 4 Jesus ? Supreme Court Case « Drug WarRant

Do guns create a significant risk for schools/students. Read the link and see if Alito's reasoning applies in the NRA T-Shirt situation.

Guns are not illegal.

True, and that's not the point. Guns are not allowed in schools (at least in most jurisdictions) and the minor in the Bong Case was not selling drugs, he was expressing himself as was the kid in the instant matter.

No it is the point. The point of Alito's reasoning not applying to gun t-shirt.

Enjoy slavery!

I agree that he should be allowed to wear the shirt but the title of your thread is misleading.

"14 year old boy to get year in jail for wearing NRA T-shirt"

That's not what the article said. It says

This situation escalated and prompted the school's principal to call the police. Once again, Marcum refused, and due to the incident, is now facing a $500 fine and up to a year in jail, Daily Mail reports.

He hasn't "gotten" anything, at least not yet. He will probably receive a small fine. If he actually gets a jail sentence, then you can post your title.

Haha, good one boss, haha, I hope that peasant boy learns to respect authority. Haha yeah, ruining his whole young life, ruining his future prospects of getting a job or joining the armed forces, hahaha, yeah boss, good one, haha, how dare they step out of line.

Last edited:
Enjoy slavery!

I agree that he should be allowed to wear the shirt but the title of your thread is misleading.

This situation escalated and prompted the school's principal to call the police. Once again, Marcum refused, and due to the incident, is now facing a $500 fine and up to a year in jail, Daily Mail reports.

He hasn't "gotten" anything, at least not yet. He will probably receive a small fine. If he actually gets a jail sentence, then you can post your title.

Someone posted a follow-up article. The kid is back at school after a 1-day suspension.

An elementary school kid got suspended in Nashville for having a key chain with a 1 inch replica of a gun on it. That was at least 10 years ago.
Blind adherence to zero-tolerance policies are far easier than thinking.

And he was the son of the PTA president.

That's probably got a great deal to do with it. If the boy was the son of the teacher's union president, nothing would have been done.

Enjoy slavery!

A 14-year-old Kentucky
West Virginia actually.

middle school student, Jared Marcum, is actually facing legitimate jail time...
Dear Republicans - stop using the word "legitimate". I don't think you know what it means.

Legitimate - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
a : accordant with law or with established legal forms and requirements <a legitimate government>
3 b : ruling by or based on the strict principle of hereditary right <a legitimate king>
: conforming to recognized principles or accepted rules and standards <a legitimate advertising expenditure> <a legitimate inference>​
Perhaps we do, and you're being ignorant.

You'll shoot yer eye out kid

A key chain isn't a gun. It's a key chain. The NRA does not promote violence. The NRA promotes the right of citizens to own guns as set out by the Constitution. And the right of a student to protest was set out in the Tinker case, below. They can as long as it does not disrupt classes. There is no evidence that this shirt disrupted classes. He does have a legal precedent for appeal. And I hope to hell he wins.

You are a troll, a psycho, or both. Would you OFF YOURSELF already! Please put us out of your misery.

Last edited:
Enjoy slavery!

Someone posted a follow-up article. The kid is back at school after a 1-day suspension.

And a 14-year old going to jail?

:confused:

Teach him respect for his elders. Like I said, I'd prefer a public spanking but a year at hard labor does the trick

How much respect for authority do you think this situation has taught him?

Let him spend a year in prison and he will get his mind right

He may even learn valuable life skills like laundry and license plates

keep_calm_and_troll_along_by_keni8149-d52ajfk.gif

Forum List

Back