145 million for 6 miles of wall

Well, on the plus side, it is $145 mil of taxpayer money the Dems won't steal....

Cheaper then taking care of illegal scum.

Native born Americans commit more crimes then documented and UnDocumented immigrants.

That’s bc there are more of us. But let’s just invite more criminals in, huh? The more the merrier, am I right?

Criminals? There's no evidence

Native born Americans commit more crimes then documented and UnDocumented immigrants.

That’s bc there are more of us. But let’s just invite more criminals in, huh? The more the merrier, am I right?

Trump putting children in cages I guess you like that idea huh?

I saw a kid in a restaurant night before last that definitely belonged in a cage along with his parents. BTW, it was your dear leader that built those cages, never noticed you bitching about him using them.

No, it really is not. the words are clear. I suppose eventually SCOTUS will weigh in on them again and then we will see what they think, which is really all that matters.

yes they are and here they are again for you.

"Howard wrote “that every person born within the limits of the United States, and subject to their jurisdiction, is by virtue of natural law and national law a citizen of the United States. This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the government of the United States, but will include every other class of persons.”

I do not care what Howard wrote, all that matters is what made it into the Constitution.

Those words did not make it into the Constitution.

Yeah, just keep believing the terms used didn't mean exactly what Howard said at the time they were written. The Constitution is NOT a suicide pact.

You and I can go back and forth all day and night, eventually SCOTUS will have to weigh in on this one. Till then you and I will likely never agree.

I am a Textualist which is defined as:

An originalist who gives primary weight to the text and structure of the Constitution. Textualists often are skeptical of the ability of judges to determine collective "intent."

Theories of Constitutional Interpretation

You only need to look at the common usage and understood meanings of the words, at the time the text was written. Then you have the congressional and ratification debates. It's not freaking rocket science.

And yet here we are with 100 plus years of the words being viewed differently than you view them.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Another liar, there's a special medicade fund to reimburse hospitals for illegals that skip out on their bill.

Google says "not". Please provide proof of your claim.

Google has an agenda, they're not going to tell you the truth.

Medicaid Helps Hospitals Pay For Illegal Immigrants’ Care

Federal law generally bars illegal immigrants from being covered by Medicaid. But a little-known part of the state-federal health insurance program for the poor has long paid about $2 billion a year for emergency treatment for a group of patients who, according to hospitals, mostly comprise illegal immigrants.

1st, there is no mention of what that "little known part" is, and also you do realize that $2billion is less than 1% of Medicaid right?

3rd, it isn't specifically meant for illegals it just gets used to pay for emergency care because hospitals cannot turn people in need away.

"mostly comprise illegal immigrants." And now you want to play fucking word games, go to hell. BTW that 2 billion would pay for 13 sections of the wall being discussed in this thread, EVERY YEAR.

And you of course would just let them die in the streets.

Yep in their own countries, I would have never allowed them in ours in the first place.

yes they are and here they are again for you.

"Howard wrote “that every person born within the limits of the United States, and subject to their jurisdiction, is by virtue of natural law and national law a citizen of the United States. This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the government of the United States, but will include every other class of persons.”

I do not care what Howard wrote, all that matters is what made it into the Constitution.

Those words did not make it into the Constitution.

Yeah, just keep believing the terms used didn't mean exactly what Howard said at the time they were written. The Constitution is NOT a suicide pact.

You and I can go back and forth all day and night, eventually SCOTUS will have to weigh in on this one. Till then you and I will likely never agree.

I am a Textualist which is defined as:

An originalist who gives primary weight to the text and structure of the Constitution. Textualists often are skeptical of the ability of judges to determine collective "intent."

Theories of Constitutional Interpretation

You only need to look at the common usage and understood meanings of the words, at the time the text was written. Then you have the congressional and ratification debates. It's not freaking rocket science.

And yet here we are with 100 plus years of the words being viewed differently than you view them.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Yeah, the same happened to the general welfare spending clause for considerably more than a hundred years before unelected judges said different. The 14th Amendment has never been ruled on as it applies to people in the country illegally.

By the time Barry Hussein bowed to the Iran extortion scheme we probably already went through 145 million in chump change before we even sent the planes loaded with two billion in U.S. taxpayer dollars and euros (and CIA dope?) to the country that supports terrorism. Nobody was concerned because the media wasn't concerned. The problem for Americans is that the mainstream media has become the propaganda arm of foreign enemies as well as the democrat party and stupid angry lefties stay stupid and angry.

Criminals? There's no evidence

Trump putting children in cages I guess you like that idea huh?
It's a wonderful idea. Put those dirty little scum in a cage.

Ever hear the term "per capita" sweetie?

A guy that calls another guy sweetie should be banned from the message board and disappear from life.

Maybe if you weren't acting like such a little bitch, what do ya think? LMAO

He sure doesn't come across as a straight man?

A guy that calls another guy sweetie should be banned from the message board and disappear from life.

I see you uneducated dumbass who comes on here thinking he knows politics.

Always the same...

Regressive liberal ROE

1. Demand a link or an explanation of the truth they are objecting to.

2. Promptly reject all explanations as right wing lies. Smoke spin deflect

3. Ignore any facts presented.

4. Ridicule spelling and typos, punctuation.

5. Attack the person as being juvenile, ie: "are you 12 years old", question their education, intelligence, Age

6. Employ misdirection,

6a. smear people

6b. attack religion

6c. attack your rationality.

7. Lie, make false assumptions

8. Play race/gender card/misogynist card

9. Play gay/lesbian card

10. Play the Nazi/Fascist/bigot card

11. Make up stuff/So you got nothing?

12. Deny constantly

13. Reword and repeat

14. Pretending not to understand, playing ignorant/what did I lie about

15. When losing, resort to personal attacks.

16. Russia

17. Fox News/Alex Jones/Brietbart/infowars/Stormfront/Gateway/hannity

18. You can’t read.

19. Trump Trump Trump TrumpTrump Trump

Lie

NEW RESEARCH: The impact of illegal aliens on crime rates, data codebook and “do file”
17 JAN , 2018

Using newly released detailed data on all prisoners who entered the Arizona state prison from January 1985 through June 2017, we are able to separate non-U.S. citizens by whether they are illegal or legal residents. This data does not rely on self-reporting by criminals. Undocumented immigrants are at least 142% more likely to be convicted of a crime than other Arizonans. They also tend to commit more serious crimes and serve 10.5% longer sentences, more likely to be classified as dangerous, and 45% more likely to be gang members than U.S. citizens. Yet, there are several reasons that these numbers are likely to underestimate the share of crime committed by undocumented immigrants. There are dramatic differences between in the criminal histories of convicts who are U.S. citizens and undocumented immigrants.

Young convicts are especially likely to be undocumented immigrants. While undocumented immigrants from 15 to 35 years of age make up slightly over 2 percent of the Arizona population, they make up almost 8% of the prison population. Even after adjusting for the fact that young people commit crime at higher rates, young undocumented immigrants commit crime at twice the rate of young U.S. citizens. These undocumented immigrants also tend to commit more serious crimes.

If undocumented immigrants committed crime nationally as they do in Arizona, in 2016 they would have been responsible for over 1,000 more murders, 5,200 rapes, 8,900 robberies, 25,300 aggravated assaults, and 26,900 burglaries.

NEW RESEARCH: The impact of illegal aliens on crime rates, data codebook and "do file" - Crime Prevention Research Center

We don't even have a clue as to how many illegal aliens are in our country.

Trump cherry-picks examples of violent illegal immigrants to stir up his base, but the statistics tell a different story
John Haltiwanger

Nov. 1, 2018, 1:55 PM

analysis%20banner.png

• President Donald Trump has repeatedly portrayed undocumented immigrants as dangerous, violent criminals who must be kept out of the US at all costs, but crime data tells a different story.
  • Multiple studies using federal and state data have found no suggestion that rising immigration rates leads to more violent crime.
  • Trump on Wednesday released a controversial ad falsely linking Democrats to an undocumented immigrant who killed two cops in California.
  • Trump's rhetoric on this issue has completely ignored statistics that show native-born Americans commit crimes at a higher rate than undocumented immigrants.

President Donald Trump has repeatedly portrayed undocumented immigrants as dangerous, violent criminals who must be kept out of the US at all costs, but crime data tells a different story.

He began his presidential campaign by referring to undocumented Mexican immigrants as "rapists" who bring drugs and crime into the country. His campaign continued to seize on anti-immigrant sentiments, as he riled supporters up with a promise to build a wall along the US-Mexico border and the assertion that Mexico would pay for it.

Since entering the White House, Trump has only escalated this trend.

In August, for example, Trump used the killing of Mollie Tibbetts, a 20-year-old University of Iowa student, to renew calls for funding for his border wall. The suspect in the killing is a Mexican national who was reportedly living in the US illegally.

Responding to the news of Tibbetts' death, Trump said, "A person came in from Mexico, illegally, and killed her. We need the wall, we need our immigration laws changed, we need our border laws changed."

More recently, ahead of the 2018 midterm elections, Trump released an ad falsely linking Democrats to an undocumented immigrant who killed two police officers in California.

Beyond the fact that experts say a border wall would do little to stop undocumented immigration, Trump's rhetoric on this issue has completely ignored statistics that show native-born Americans commit crimes at a higher rate than undocumented immigrants.

Read more: Trump invited 'permanently separated' families to speak about loved ones allegedly killed by unauthorized immigrants — and he autographed posters of the victims' faces

As David Mosher of Business Insiderreported in August:

• Multiple studies using federal and state data have found no suggestion that rising immigration rates leads to more violent crime.
  • The charts below come from a December 2016 study published in the Journal of Ethnicity in Criminal Justice. They show that US saw a 118% increase in its immigrant population (documented and undocumented) from 1980 through 2016.
  • Yet during this same period, the rate of violent crime — homicides, rapes, robberies, and assaults, according to the FBI — fell by 36% to about 386 incidents per 100,000 residents.
5b7ec10d959f34202e8b5277-750-563.png
Shayanne Gal/Business Insider
  • A more recent peer-reviewed study, published in March 2017 by The Sociological Quarterly, compared all forms of immigration and violence in rural versus urban communities from 1990 through 2010. The number of foreign-born residents — accounting for many other factors — appeared to reduce violent crime rates in rural areas, though not at statistically significant levels. But in cities, immigration was significantly associated with reduced rates of violent crimes.
  • There's also a study published in February by the Cato Institute, a libertarian think tank, which further rejects the idea that illegal immigration is tied to increases in rates of violent crime.
  • The study looked at conviction data in Texas — the state with the second-largest population of foreign-born residents — for native-born, unauthorized immigrant, and legal immigrant residents.
  • The research found that native-born residents were most likely to commit and be convicted of crimes, while unauthorized immigrants saw a conviction rate that was about 50% lower. Legal immigrants appeared to be the most law-abiding, with 86% fewer convictions than native-born Texans.
5b7ed2e9e199f3592e8b4854-750-547.png
Shayanne Gal/Business Insider
  • There's also a Criminology journal study from March that examined states' reported rates of violent crime and illegal immigration. From 1990 through 2014, that data found a negative correlation — meaning that the more a population was made up of unauthorized immigrants, the lower the violent crime rate seemed to be.
In short, there's a broad set of data showing Trump's cherry-picked examples of violent undocumented immigrants don't paint an accurate picture of crime in the US, or of undocumented immigrants in general.

True

False

As you well know. Do you really think the best and brightest sneak in over our border? Nice try.

The comment you quoted had nothing to do with politics, it's all about you acting like a whiny little bitch. Now run along and powder your nose, before we have to put you on the other side of that wall. LMAO

Nice purse swing in those high heels sugar.

The comment you quoted had nothing to do with politics, it's all about you acting like a whiny little bitch. Now run along and powder your nose, before we have to put you on the other side of that wall. LMAO

Careful he may pull your hair.

Actually, your link says nothing like that.
The most current numbers are that there are between 11-11.3 million illegal immigrants in the US. (2016 est.)
Profile of the Unauthorized Population - US
5 facts about illegal immigration in the U.S.
In your link it stated that the out of 10.8 million (2010 est.), 8.3 worked in the US.
0.7 million obtained fraudulent birth certificates got Social Security numbers and paid taxes.0.6 million had previously obtained temporary work authorized and over-stayed their visit also paid taxes.
"1..3 million current visa holders with temporary authorization, we estimate 2.7 million other immigrants have SSNs in their name and thus can work, pay taxes, and have earnings credited to their record for potential benefits in the future."
"OCACT estimates 1.8 million other immigrants worked and used an SSN that did not match their name in 2010" They paid taxes..
3.9 illegals work "underground" and don't pay taxes.
So, your claim just doesn't come close to your claim.

From my link.
“Eliminating the current visa holders with temporary authorization (1.3 million other immigrants with legal work authorization), and those in the underground econ- omy (3.9 million unauthorized workers), we estimate that there are about 3.1 million unauthorized immigrants working and paying Social Security taxes in 2010. With the average amount of OASDI taxable earnings for these immigrants assumed to be about 80 percent of the aver- age level for all workers, we estimate $13 billion in pay- roll taxes from unauthorized immigrant workers and their employers in 2010.”

You forgot this qualifier, which preluded your copy & paste:
"Eliminating the current visa holders with temporary authorization (1.3 million other immigrants with legal work authorization), and those in the underground economy (3.9 million unauthorized workers)"
My post used numbers within your link.

I think you’re falling for your own wordplay.
3.1 million UNAUTHORIZED IMMIGRANTS are paying $13B in income taxes...no?

Yeah, you're right, it was an unintentional error.
Back to the numbers:
All the numbers came from the linked report:
0.7 million obtained fraudulent birth certificates got Social Security numbers and paid taxes.0.6 million had previously obtained temporary work authorized and over-stayed their visit also paid taxes.
"1..3 million current visa holders with temporary authorization, we estimate 2.7 million other immigrants have SSNs in their name and thus can work, pay taxes, and have earnings credited to their record for potential benefits in the future."
"OCACT estimates 1.8 million other immigrants worked and used an SSN that did not match their name in 2010" They paid taxes".
That adds up to 5.8 million who pay taxes.
Also, was your number of 29 million illegals, an error?

Yale Study Finds Twice as Many Undocumented Immigrants as Previous Estimates
Let's analyze the numbers....so 3.1 million illegals of the bullshit estimation of 11 million paid an average of $349 per month toward social security and Medicare according to those figures. (Using 5.8 million would dramatically reduce the $349 figure)
Now let’s look at what the average illegal immigrant household costs Americans...Do you have those numbers for us?

Your own original link had the undocumented immigrants population at 10.8,
Then we have this:
The number of illegal immigrants peaked at about 12 million in 2007 and since that time has declined.[1] According to the nonpartisan Pew Research Center, the estimated population of illegal immigrants in the U.S. rose rapidly in the 1990s, "from an estimated 3.5 million in 1990 to a peak of 12.2 million in 2007," then dropped sharply during the Great Recession before stabilizing in 2009.[2] Pew estimated the total population to be 11.1 million in 2014, or approximately 3 percent of the U.S. population.[3][2][4] This "is in the same ballpark" as figures from the United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS), which estimated that 11.4 million illegal immigrants lived in the United States in January 2012.[1][5] The estimate and trends are also consistent with figures reported by the Center for Migration Studies, which reported that the U.S. illegal immigrant population fell to 10.9 million by January 2016, the lowest number since 2003.[6]
A 2018 PLOSOne study estimated that the illegal immigrant population was in the range of 16 million to 29 million.
Of course you take the highest number, which was only the upper most estimated'

Illegal immigrant population of the United States - Wikipedia
So we have Pew Research, the Department of Homeland Security, Center for Migration Studies and PLOSOne and one's furthest guess is in a range of 16 million to 29 million, so you use the highest estimate (29 Million) as your number and claim that is the most accurate number! :laugh:

Forum List

Back