145 million for 6 miles of wall

Yeah, just keep believing the terms used didn't mean exactly what Howard said at the time they were written. The Constitution is NOT a suicide pact.

You and I can go back and forth all day and night, eventually SCOTUS will have to weigh in on this one. Till then you and I will likely never agree.

I am a Textualist which is defined as:

An originalist who gives primary weight to the text and structure of the Constitution. Textualists often are skeptical of the ability of judges to determine collective "intent."

Theories of Constitutional Interpretation

You only need to look at the common usage and understood meanings of the words, at the time the text was written. Then you have the congressional and ratification debates. It's not freaking rocket science.

And yet here we are with 100 plus years of the words being viewed differently than you view them.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

funny coming from someone that thinks the 2nd only applies to muskets.

Just because the 14th has been misinterpreted for years does not make that interpretation right.
If I understand Gator correctly, he is saying that the 2nd applies to all weapons. Both the right and the left have worked to limit our possession of all sorts of weapons through illegal/unconstitutional legislation.

Correct me if I am wrong, Gator.

You are correct. Most on the “right” have no problem with things like machines guns and grenade launchers being illegal to own for most people.

Which goes against the idea the 2nd is there to keep the government in check

And yet here we are with 100 plus years of the words being viewed differently than you view them.

Just because the 14th has been misinterpreted for years does not make that interpretation right.

Proving once again you have never read the 2nd. The 2nd does not mention muskets, it only says “arms”, it is morons like you that limit it to firearms and supports the government limiting other arms.

Excellent deflection. Too bad it fails. I can't count how many times i've heard buttstain libs talking about muskets and 2nd. Anyone with any sense has read it.

anyone with any sense knows there aint gonna be no damn wall ...

There will be six miles worth of 18 foot wall, a bit less and way shorter than Trump told us it would be

its a fence - congress hasnt approved anything but repair on 43's existing fence and some new security measures ..

You only need to look at the common usage and understood meanings of the words, at the time the text was written. Then you have the congressional and ratification debates. It's not freaking rocket science.

Proving once again you have never read the 2nd. The 2nd does not mention muskets, it only says “arms”, it is morons like you that limit it to firearms and supports the government limiting other arms.

Excellent deflection. Too bad it fails. I can't count how many times i've heard buttstain libs talking about muskets and 2nd. Anyone with any sense has read it.

anyone with any sense knows there aint gonna be no damn wall ...

You seem to be very confident in your fellow commie obstructionist, comrade.

Forum List

Back