15 degrees in Alaska tonight!!! In August!!!

Tell us it's merely a coincidence that conservatives all have the same ideas at the same time expressed in the same words.

The same could be said about most liberals on some topics too. When an Art History major lectured me about climate change last summer, it was obvious that she hadn't really studied the issue much.

She even said that electric cars were better for the environment (they aren't when they just use more coal generated electricity).

My topics are science, business and engineering.

Mine are software, data, and business.

On edit: some construction, real estate, finance and insurance.

Another edit: Middle Eastern terrorism, military operations, some astronomy

Last edited:
Yo PMZ......hate to break it to you but your side is losing. HUGE!! The "consensus" shit is having no effect on energy policy of western nations. Zero.......nada.......none. In fact, since 2009 green energy falls further and further into the shitter. Green energy contributes about 3% in the US.....and that is wind and solar combined. Only mental cases would thump their chests on those numbers, but of course, we know what we are dealing with here.:2up:

By 2040, the BESY estimate is renewables will be at 10% with most estimates being closer to 7%. Ive posted up scores of links supporting this.

Ive been waiting almost 3 years for one single climate nutter to post up a single link showing how the science is mattering?? Never happens because the whole global warming thing has become nothing more than an internet hobby in 2013. :fu::lmao::fu::lmao::fu::lmao::fu::lmao:

Do you realize how stupid it sounds to be trying to sell the idea that science doesn't matter?

yuk.....yuk......

How ironic that the same jackasses who advocate for Keynesian fiscal policy think western politicians will go for devastating carbon restrictions. The k00ks never could connect the dots.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703499404574558070997168360.html

Last edited:
I agree.

We disagree on what constitutes "Science," that's all.

Can a geologist design an airbag assembly? Can a hydrologist build a railroad bridge?

You make a good case to employ the IPCC climate scientists to provide the science behind AGW and not the average man in the street.

But not write their own software, which is the entire premise that I argue.

I assume that their main modeling tool is 3D finite element analysis software.

You make a good case to employ the IPCC climate scientists to provide the science behind AGW and not the average man in the street.

They don't have off-the-shell finite element software for analyzing the atmosphere. It has to be written from scratch.

They don't have off-the-shell finite element software for analyzing the atmosphere. It has to be written from scratch.

Finite elements are finite elements. Stress and strain, heat and temperature, fluid flow.

Finite elements are finite elements. Stress and strain, heat and temperature, fluid flow.

Wrong.

I've written Finite Element analysis software. What's your expertise?

C0110_Bob_Rohrman-4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Wrong.

Here's a simple explanation of FEA. The next time you try to claim expertise in it you can use this for a more credible act.

Introduction to Finite Element Analysis

More help. Making a simple global climate model using an out of the box FEA package called Matlab. No software required.

http://math.bard.edu/student/pdfs/jonathan-fivelsdal.pdf

That's a problem a "simple global climate model" that any non-programmer can make in Matlab. No data integrity enforcements, no regression analyses on sample data, and overly simple assumptions (only 4 land configurations? This is Science?).

I could go on, but there's no point.

By the way, Matlab (I used it in junior high) was primarily written so that people wouldn't have to learn and code Fortran.

From the simple climate model link:

A Senior Project submitted to
The Division of Science, Mathematics, and Computing
of
Bard College

This is a senior project? for college? I would have been laughed out of the room for submitting this as a project when I was a senior in high school.

Wrong.

Here's a simple explanation of FEA. The next time you try to claim expertise in it you can use this for a more credible act.

Nothing in your reference contradicts what I said, moron. A finite element program designed for stress analysis cannot easily be adapted for heat transfer analysis.

Wrong.

Nothing in your reference contradicts what I said, moron. A finite element program designed for stress analysis cannot easily be adapted for heat transfer analysis.

FEA is generic. It's matrix algebra. It's easily adapted to many disciplines. Matlab, as a simple example, doesn't care what you are calculating as long as it can be modeled as finite elements, each of which affects, and is affected by, adjoining finite elements.

Moron.

FEA is generic. It's matrix algebra. It's easily adapted to many disciplines. Matlab, as a simple example, doesn't care what you are calculating as long as it can be modeled as finite elements, each of which affects, and is affected by, adjoining finite elements.

Moron.

So how does one maintain data integrity by using one of these packages?

Forum List

Back